Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

I Want To Buy This Car But.... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Buy This Car But.... (964 Views)

Just Repaired My Bashed Car But Not Starting / Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) / This Honda Urban EV Concept Car Looks Like An Old Car, But Inside Is Heavenly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy This Car But.... by kekakuz(m): 1:46pm On Jan 30, 2023
Hello guys, I have been looking out for a mid level and unique Suv for myself so I saw this ad of Facebook.
2011 Volkswagen Tiguan at an affordable price. I went to meet the seller at his residents.i test drove the car and checked everything. It was so clean and smooth.
This car is just exactly what I want for less than 3million. The only problem was that it had no customs paper. He explained that the car was auctioned by an embassy to the person he bought it from. I asked of release paper or receipt of purchase or anything that shows it was bought brand new or was auctioned by the embassy. He made calls but could not provide any.
So my people, what do you advise,am not a frequent traveller but instances may arise where I need to make an interstate journey.
Also we have these SARS guys always doing random checks. I don't want to have any issues with anyone .is there a way around this, can I still buy it. The SUV is lovely .
Re: I Want To Buy This Car But.... by cobby14(m): 2:16pm On Jan 30, 2023
NO
Re: I Want To Buy This Car But.... by kernniejay(m): 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2023
He could not provide any single paper to back his claims? I am sure he does not even have ordinary photocopy of certificate of Proof of Ownership. From your description above, it looks like a snatched/stolen vehicle. Run for your life.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy This Car But.... by kekakuz(m): 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2023
kernniejay:
He could not provide any single paper to back his claims? I am sure he does not even have ordinary photocopy of certificate of Proof of Ownership. From your description above, it looks like a snatched/stolen vehicle. Run for your life.
Those are available,duly registered and everything. Just a proof of origin is missing
Re: I Want To Buy This Car But.... by seanwilliam(m): 3:53am On Jan 31, 2023
kekakuz:
Hello guys, I have been looking out for a mid level and unique Suv for myself so I saw this ad of Facebook.
2011 Volkswagen Tiguan at an affordable price. I went to meet the seller at his residents.i test drove the car and checked everything. It was so clean and smooth.
This car is just exactly what I want for less than 3million. The only problem was that it had no customs paper. He explained that the car was auctioned by an embassy to the person he bought it from. I asked of release paper or receipt of purchase or anything that shows it was bought brand new or was auctioned by the embassy. He made calls but could not provide any.
So my people, what do you advise,am not a frequent traveller but instances may arise where I need to make an interstate journey.
Also we have these SARS guys always doing random checks. I don't want to have any issues with anyone .is there a way around this, can I still buy it. The SUV is lovely .
the bolded still Dey?

Anyway ensure you have the proof of original o
Re: I Want To Buy This Car But.... by TPound(m): 6:25am On Jan 31, 2023
kekakuz:

Some companies that buys their vehicles brand new hardly drop the purchase receipt to whoever buys the vehicles, however, there ought to be a letter headed paper from the company stating they have sold the car to whoever bought it on auction.
Besides, if customs stop you on the road and ask for your customs paper, tell them the car is bought brand new.
They have a computer they can use to check your chassis number on their system if truly it was bought brand new.
Re: I Want To Buy This Car But.... by kekakuz(m): 9:19am On Jan 31, 2023
TPound:

Some companies that buys their vehicles brand new hardly drop the purchase receipt to whoever buys the vehicles, however, there ought to be a letter headed paper from the company stating they have sold the car to whoever bought it on auction.
Besides, if customs stop you on the road and ask for your customs paper, tell them the car is bought brand new.
They have a computer they can use to check your chassis number on their system if truly it was bought brand new.
thank you for your response

(1) (Reply)

Audi Mechanic Needed In Lagos. / 2000 Camry GEAR / A Smart Guide For SUV Buyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.