Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,667 members, 7,834,207 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (1617 Views)

Man Beheaded In Anambra, Two Others Killed In Renewed Cult War (Photo) / South African Students Shut Down Streets In Protest Against Xenophobic Attacks / Why We Are Carrying Out Xenophobic Attacks – South Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by paxx: 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2023
By Biodun Busari

Two Nigerians were allegedly shot dead in Johannesburg, South Africa at the weekend amid resurgent xenophobic attacks on foreigners in the country.

According to ICIR, on Monday, one of the victims identified as Dashu was gunned down at Midrand Hyper in Johannesburg on Saturday, but the details of the incident were still unclear.

The report said Dashu was a popular trader around the Boulders Mall area in Johannesburg and was reportedly married to a Congolese woman with whom he had two children before he was brutally murdered.

Also, the other deceased whose identity was not revealed was killed in a suburb of Johannesburg the same day after the suspects allegedly called him by name to confirm his identity.

He was allegedly shot multiple times in what was a blatant xenophobic attack, according to ICIR.

Recent reports of xenophobic violence and discrimination have continued to escalate in the country as migrants, refugees and asylum seekers remain at risk of attacks and hate speech.

Under the auspices of an anti-migrant group named “Operation Dudula” whose slogan is “Put South African First”, citizens of the country have united to force out immigrants who they claim are taking their jobs.

South Africans have unleashed terror on Nigerians and other foreign nationals at various times or the other, claiming without evidence, that they drive up crime and put a strain on public services.

South Africans turn their rage on immigrants from other African countries often resulting in violence.

In the World Report 2023, Human Rights Watch noted that these vigilante groups conduct door-to-door searches for undocumented foreign nationals, whom they blame for South Africa’s high crime and unemployment rates.

“In April, an anti-migrant mob killed a 43-year-old Zimbabwean national in Diepsloot, Johannesburg: in June, another mob set fire to the Yeoville market in Johannesburg, where mostly migrant shopkeepers rented stalls; and in September, a group of South Africans burned the homes of two migrant men in Plettenberg Bay, Western Cape,” the report noted.

It also said that despite South Africa’s strong legal and human rights framework on refugees and asylum seekers, its asylum management system continued to fail many in need of protection.

In a memo dated 24th August, the Nigerian High Commission in Pretoria alerted Nigerians in South Africa to be vigilant and be cautious of their activities, in view of a planned attack on foreign citizens.

Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Daniel7543: 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2023
It's high we start killing South Africans living in Nigeria. If ur neighbor or co-worker is a south African, kill him/her now. Split his/her throat with knife now.
If u dey go office tomorrow morning, carry ur knife along, stab them in the throat.

Make we sef show them say we dey craze.
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Ablemed: 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2023
Daniel7543:
It's high we start killing South Africans living in Nigeria. If ur neighbor or co-worker is a south African, kill him/her now. Split his/her throat with knife now.
If u dey go office tomorrow morning, carry ur knife along, stab them in the throat.

Kill any South African you see including ones that haven't done nothing bad to you?? What sort of animalistic reasoning is this??

7 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by gwinaB(m): 8:15pm On Jan 30, 2023
Daniel7543:

How do you know it's not Nigerians killing themselves?

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Daniel7543: 8:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
Ablemed:

Kill any South African you see including ones that haven't done nothing bad to you?? What sort of animalistic reasoning is this??
No be innocent Nigerians them dey kill so? abi u na south African? If I cross path with u, I swear I go kill u.
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by DryMouth: 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2023
Daniel7543:

Shut up your smelling mouth.
This was a cult clash. A Nigerian killed another Nigerian all in the name of counting scores

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by paxx: 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2023
DryMouth:

This was a cult clash. A Nigerian killed another Nigerian all in the name of counting scores

Doesn't it say in the article that it was a xenophobic attack? not sure if you read the article

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by mysticwarrior(m): 8:55pm On Jan 30, 2023
Daniel7543:

This is not a good idea because we are not uncivilized animals like them.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by TheChameleon: 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2023
grin
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Daniel7543: 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2023
DryMouth:

Na so them go kill u south African and we go tell ur mama say na ur fellow Nigerian kill u becus u na cultist.
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by DryMouth: 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2023
paxx:

Doesn't it say in the article that it was a xenophobic attack? not sure if you read the article
Nigerian bloggers are useless.
Go and join Alexo telegram channel and get 1st hand info

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Daniel7543: 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2023
mysticwarrior:
This is not a good idea because we are not uncivilized animals like them.
Stay there dey do uncivilized until e reach ur turn. U better go kill ur south African neighbor now.
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Daniel7543: 9:13pm On Jan 30, 2023
paxx:

leave the mumu.
Na so them go kill am for south African and we go tell E mama say na E fellow Nigerian kill am becus E na cultist too.
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Neddstark: 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
paxx:

Before it got to the news, people have already seen the real story that it was a cult hit. This one is the one that could get to the news. There are tens of people that have died in the Nigerian cult wars at South Africa on a monthly basis.

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by everythinggirly(f): 9:53pm On Jan 30, 2023
Why will they kill them like that?

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Ablemed: 9:59pm On Jan 30, 2023
Daniel7543:
No be innocent Nigerians them dey kill so? abi u na south African? If I cross path with u, I swear I go kill u.

Kill me onto say weytin happen? shey I be goat ni? abi I be fowl?

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Flathead8: 11:05pm On Jan 30, 2023
All these Ibo people
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by paxx: 11:49pm On Jan 30, 2023
Flathead8:
All these Ibo people

did u read the article?
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by 3yga: 1:15am On Jan 31, 2023
Daniel7543:
leave the mumu.
Na so them go kill am for south African and we go tell E mama say na E fellow Nigerian kill am becus E na cultist too.
Dan calm down
Na confra war between ayes and eiye
More than 10 don go down (Brutal)
Gbege dey southy esp Joburg here dey hot
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by ibechris(m): 4:21am On Jan 31, 2023
DryMouth:

Is ur brain dry?
Did u read the article abi ur mouth don dry so tey e dey affect ur brain box.
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by 3yga: 2:59pm On Feb 07, 2023
ibechris:

Is ur brain dry?
Did u read the article abi ur mouth don dry so tey e dey affect ur brain box.
He is very correct
Ibe Chris calm down
Na confra war between ayes and eiye
More than 10 don go down (Brutal)
Gbege dey southy esp Joburg here dey hot
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2023
colonial structures in africa are collapsing but instead of the africans to gain sense they would rather act like savages and kill for a dollar.
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
I'm here.. You can start with me..🤣🤣🤣
Daniel7543:

Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2023
How come I haven't heard of any renewed xenophobic attacks Everything here is just a propaganda to paint South Africans bad.

Most of these Nigerians come to SA with their cult wars and then start blaming South Africans for those Nigerians killed during their cult wars.

Keep your wars in your country.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Prettygirl200(f): 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Ablemed:

The ones that those useless south African killed are they not innocent? Did they do anything to deserves death? Or even if they did why take a life with your hands? I swear if I cum across any south African in Nigeria I will Poison him or her to death, useless things!!!
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by UselessBuharist: 2:35am On Feb 08, 2023
That guy was killed by fellow Nigerians in a cult clash in Midrand South Africa.

There is no xenophobia happening here in SA oo
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by Financialman: 8:41am On Feb 08, 2023
Ablemed:

I have one staying with me, should I kill him?? A big no because I'm not a murderer and he is innocent and by the way na cult fight dey xup for southie not xenophobic attack
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by paxx: 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
UselessBuharist:
That guy was killed by fellow Nigerians in a cult clash in Midrand South Africa.

There is no xenophobia happening here in SA oo

Are you sure?
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by UselessBuharist: 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2023
paxx:

Are you sure?

100% I know the day he was killed, I have seen the guy in a friend’s birthday party before
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by paxx: 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
UselessBuharist:

100% I know the day he was killed, I have seen the guy in a friend’s birthday party before

Are you a nigerian?
Re: Two Nigerians Shot Dead In Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa by UselessBuharist: 1:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
paxx:

Are you a nigerian?

Yes.

(1) (Reply)

Checkout 5 Reasons Why Most YAHOO Boys Run Mad In Nigeria / Babangida And The Gloria Okon Affair / Man In Detention For Raping Female Native Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.