Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele (50787 Views)

New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? / Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / Old Banknotes Redeemable Only At CBN After Deadline - Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by politicoNG: 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
Godwin Emefiele, governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), says banks will continue to accept old naira notes after the stipulated deadline.

Emefiele spoke on Tuesday when he appeared at an interactive session with the house of representatives ad hoc committee on the currency redesign and naira swap policy.

He said the CBN will also accept the old naira from banks after the February 10 deadline.

Emefiele made reference to the CBN act mandates the apex bank to continue to accept old notes after it’s expiration.

Section 20 (3) of the CBN act states: “Notwithstanding sub-sections (1) and (2) of this section, the bank shall have power, if directed to do so by the president and after giving reasonable notice in that behalf, to call in any of its notes or coins on payment of the face value thereof and any note or coin with respect to which a notice has been given under this sub-section, shall, on the expiration of the notice, cease to be legal tender, but, subject to section 22 of this act, shall be redeemed by the bank upon demand”.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-banks-will-accept-old-naira-notes-after-deadline-says-emefiele/amp

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by naijapikin2(m): 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2023
Good ok. Now we can spend small small

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by God1000(m): 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2023
Politicians will be happy with this new development

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Dreal1247: 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2023
What is the meaning of this statement? We need further explanation.

359 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by LibertyRep: 1:38pm On Jan 31, 2023
This policy implementation is chaotic.

How can two men be playing Ludo with the welfare and wellbeing of over 200million Nigerians?

195 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Dreal1247: 1:38pm On Jan 31, 2023
I hope it is not what I'm thinking that is playing out right now. Nigerians are in for a ride. But I'm happy for the innovation in the elections process. Those hoping to rig the election will be massively disappointed and disgraced.

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by SmartPolician: 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2023
I thought Gbaja was threatening to arrest Emefiele! How come he visited the HoR and the speaker didn't ask security operatives to pick him up? Yeye dey smell.

By the way, why are they going back and forth with this naira redesign policy? undecided

85 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Ireportlive: 1:48pm On Jan 31, 2023
cool

They have showed him small shege

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Rebelutionary: 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2023
SmartPolician:
I thought Gbaja was threatening to arrest Emefiele! How come he visited the HoR and the speaker didn't ask security operatives to pick him up? Yeye dey smell.

By the way, why are they going back and forth with this naira redesign policy? undecided
Maybe we should also say that "I thought Emefiele was doing big boy and said he will not honour their invitation see as he humble"...you should know better man...if you go by everything (plenty junk plus very little sense) online and offline you will be mislead.

They know the cat nd mouse game they are playing

153 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by dustmalik: 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2023
SmartPolician:

Small sense you don't have. If hadn't showed up today, he would have been arrested by now.

130 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Kutunban: 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by UnfairLife7(m): 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
Not surprise

I know the CBN governor will obviously dance to their tone at the end

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by NOC1(m): 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2023
SmartPolician:

Hahahahahahha, my brother your ability to comprehend is poor, Gbaja said if he refused to appear today they will seek to arrest and bring him into the house.

Now the man after bugaing and going lo lo lo, he came and even reversed is boast inline with the constitution

113 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Britishpea: 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2023
SmartPolician:

How slow can u be? They threatened to arrest him if he doesn’t show up. And he showed up and explain himself. Came out with modifications to the policies. Like I said, educational backgrounds of some of you are questionable

172 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by UnfairLife7(m): 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2023
Dreal1247:
What is the meaning of this statement? We need further explanation.
the purpose has been defeated

Politicians will buy votes like water 😀

74 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by buhariguy(m): 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2023
pig emefiele is a fool

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by buhariguy(m): 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
God1000:
Politicians will be be happy with this
idiotic pigs are disappointed

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by tamdun: 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
Them don show Emefiele receipt,u think say u get madness for head grin

62 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Reelmii: 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
cheesy
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by christejames(m): 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
Means no deadline again na 😏

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by KingKO22: 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
Jagaban has won again

Kudos to Asiwaju of Africa

All patriotics Nigerians are going to reward Asiwaju with massive vote so that he can continue to protect the interest and welfare of patriotic Nigerians

Only fake Nigerians and their Anini mastered will be painted by this good news

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Goodlady(f): 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
Yinumiiii. Emefiele you are spoiling my February and valentine!
The hostility towards old notes in my area is alarming.

5 Likes

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by tojahh(m): 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
Emebobo

I thought you said you're wise. You dunno some of us are over wise angry

They have showed you receipt, now you don see the difference between half a dozen and 6.

So what's now the essence of the Naira Redesign?

Just dey play...

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by KingsCity: 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
So what is the meaning of the deadline then?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by GOTVee: 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
sad
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Omoapena(m): 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
Lolz

If banks allows it, then it's still legal tender and people will continue to spend it like they spend the 2 different 100 naira notes we have....

This is now clear to me, general public are advise to start rejecting it after 10th of February while people that still have it are advised to take it to bank before 17th of February to credit their account so which means, it's legal tender until that 17th of February, they should have just said 17th of February is the deadline date instead of all this confusion everywhere...

You can now decides within yourself whether to keep collecting it after that 10th of February with the intention of taking it to bank before 17th of February or you start rejecting it thereby forcing whoever holding it to take it to bank before 17th of February to avoid crashing with him....

Seun, the headline is misleading, banks will stop accepting it after 17th of February and not keep accepting after the public deadline which is 10th of February...

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by tamdun: 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
SmartPolician:

Oga that's the outcome of their meeting,na Emefiele bend laslas

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by pointblankeirie: 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
Nigeria!!!! Na wha😮
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by olisefom: 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
Maybe this whole saga is a big game of chess. Maybe.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Scammerr(m): 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
there's never a deadline then, fools.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by TheChameleon: 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
grin

Bow down...to someone greater than you

Flat heads will weep blood.

Jagaban will still be President and if Emefiele was stupid enough to misbehave... free jail uniform without any Buhari to save him.

Even Buhari himself got spanked in Kano for being naughty. Much less one useless Emefiele.

44 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Raymond0008(m): 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
Gbaja is No 4 for a reason.

28 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Customers Fighting Inside Banking Hall (Video) / Here Are Top 13 Good Business Ideas To Start In A Recession / Aliko Dangote And His Brother, Sani At Mohammed Dangote's Wedding In Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.