Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,379 members, 7,864,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:34 AM

Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink (25820 Views)

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria / Twitter DMs To Have End To End Encryption - Elon Musk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by qanda: 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by IMASTEX: 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
tivta:
Interesting .
Hopefully the likes of mtn and co will Begin to offer true unlimited internet...
That is one of the bright side. To create a health competition
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Karnice600: 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria becomes the first African country to welcome Elonmusk’s Starlink data service.

https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1620166806722981890?t=tq6rpZyZ7v90aFY1mRSuxw&s=19

Bad news for MTN. Una go stretch una self die to catch up.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Bossman(m): 6:31pm On Jan 31, 2023
Yes, the installation cost is quite high. However, that will come down with time. No, it's not easily movable. As you will be connecting to a stationary router that's hooked up to the satellite dish mounted somewhere at your property. Moving it is possible, but it will be inconvenient for sure if you plan on moving it to work and then use it at home at the same time.

SadiqBabaSani:
Hope they find a way to bring down the installation cost.

I also want to ask, if this starlink which reportedly has antenna to be installed will serve me in my workplace or I can only use it from home.

i ams sure Musk will have his marketers in Nigeria who will push the services to people who don't know what Starlink offers

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 31, 2023
Victorclean1:
Nothing new bro. Starlink is meaningless if poverty index is high here.
E pain you ni undecided
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by EnterpriseMan: 6:32pm On Jan 31, 2023
Firstly, The guy with the book looks sus and thirsty af.

Secondly, The Hardware is 300k+ so unless we get a subsidized rate, majority of Nigerians won't be able to afford it.

Thirdly, The Hardware retail shops should be available in Nigeria because we can't buy via the starlink website, its in dollars and the aboki dollar rate is not smiling.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Brian47(m): 6:38pm On Jan 31, 2023
This is great news
But the service cost over 200k
Only big men will use it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by jaxxy(m): 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
Any advantages?
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Commenthin: 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
Ignorance, bad education and lack of exposure dey worry you.

They implement it here because we're the World poorest country but use the most expensive data cost per capital, and we have the population to profit there pocket.

This are some of the reasons most developed countries refer to Nigeria are the gaint of Africa.
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Mgbaofuu001: 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
And so
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Sweetvie: 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
So?
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Asour: 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria is doing great.

Yet some people will still be angry with this news. They dont like any good thing happening to this country. But they want to rule the country.

Sorry but this is a consumption news.

Says nothing about greatness.

Just like how a kid who camped overnight to buy an apple product isn't any great.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Emmanuel909090: 6:49pm On Jan 31, 2023
That's nice, South African Elon musk has come to drill Nija
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by FuckDModz: 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2023
grin

So what?
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Mccullum: 6:52pm On Jan 31, 2023
This is good, it's indicating business capacity of Nigeria in Africa,

Naija is the hope of black race, give Jagaban the chance to unlock all potentials of Nigeria to the world.

RENEWED YOUR HOPE ON ABAT.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by iguita: 6:53pm On Jan 31, 2023
It has an innovative outdoor unit that auto-cleans itself and tracks the Starlink satellites. The antenna is also mobile and easily installable.

SadiqBabaSani:
Hope they find a way to bring down the installation cost.

I also want to ask, if this starlink which reportedly has antenna to be installed will serve me in my workplace or I can only use it from home.

i ams sure Musk will have his marketers in Nigeria who will push the services to people who don't know what Starlink offers
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by DrChukki: 6:58pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria is doing great.

Yet some people will still be angry with this news. They dont like any good thing happening to this country. But they want to rule the country.

Have you check the price of their services?

Nigerians can't even buy Glo Airtime talk of subscribing to Starlings...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by faithfull18(f): 7:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
I didn't expect less.
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by paradigmshift(m): 7:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
Victorclean1:

no lies

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Neoteny7: 7:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
Victorclean1:

Those who can afford it beg to differ.
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Pwettylinda(f): 7:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria is doing great.

Are you a fool

Doing great i.n what aspect

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Minjim: 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
Calm down!
Starlink isn't for those who can't afford 3 Square meal / day.

Those that it will benefit now know themselves.

Maybe in two years, it will be more affordable

TristanX:

Mugu!! Will the poor man eat starlink? Will Star link reduce the inflation rate? Will it reduce the price of fuel, kerosene and gas? No be person wey don chop go use Starlink?

Mad man
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by paradigmshift(m): 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
honor4me:
• SpaceX gets six licences from NCC, may spend $30b on coverage
• To battle MTN, Airtel, Globacom, 9mobile, others for market share
• Rural-Urban telecoms service to witness new growth
what are they getting licenses from since their signal is on the satellites? Just asking
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria becomes the first African country to welcome Elonmusk’s Starlink data service.

https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1620166806722981890?t=tq6rpZyZ7v90aFY1mRSuxw&s=19

It is a bloody lie South Africa and Ghana have been selling the equipment and the hardware in November 2022. Accra Mall have been selling it and detest rounds in November 2022. Also four-way Crossing in South Africa shopping mall have been selling the equipment since October 2022. All of this life which are just coming out Nigeria is the first country to do Amazon well South Africa has already started how are we the first and Ghana is starting end of the month in Amazon.. test results at Accra mall 160 mbps download speed for 100 US Dollar in Mount sterling which quidditch

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by CallmeTrinity: 7:22pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria is doing great.

Exactly. I just don't understand Tinubu supporters..

Bloody useless iliterates they are

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Lightorder: 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria is doing great.

great my foot. Your next generation can hardly afford it , going by your pocket so far
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

Exactly. I just don't understand Tinubu supporters..

Bloody useless iliterates they are

[color=#000099Most Nigerians are illiterate and all the new which comes out of it is all lies. They were claiming that Nigeria is the first country to start Amazon last week. South Africa and Ghana including Namibia Botswana started in in December 2022. Till today there is no Amazon in Nigeria. Now they have come up with another line about sterling When other African countries started selling sterling hardware 5 months before Nigeria and the people claim they are the first in Africa. Illiteracy is a massive problem][/color]
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Lightorder: 7:27pm On Jan 31, 2023
Qtrpst4:
There service is not for poor people like you

Dem no dey accept urchinry money
owoda thinzs you mean ?
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by lhordspy: 7:29pm On Jan 31, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

It is a bloody lie South Africa and Ghana have been selling the equipment and the hardware in November 2022. Accra Mall have been selling it and detest rounds in November 2022. Also four-way Crossing in South Africa shopping mall have been selling the equipment since October 2022. All of this life which are just coming out Nigeria is the first country to do Amazon well South Africa has already started how are we the first and Ghana is starting end of the month in Amazon.. test results at Accra mall 160 mbps download speed for 100 US Dollar in Mount sterling which quidditch

It is a lie? . Lol. Funny.

You are even arguing with the owner.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Abujaexpress: 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:

All thanks to the Jagaban who joined in negotiating it to Nigeria cool
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by dyera(m): 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
Watch how Buhari will start to say he brought starlink to Nigeria. Just as Tinubu is claiming he brought econet to Nigeria.

Meanwhile the truth is, both starlink and econet decided by themselves to come to Nigeria after doing their homework.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Finally! Video Call Feature Is Now Official On Whatsapp For Everyone / The Starlink Thread / My Heroic Experience At Computer Village.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.