Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? (33955 Views)

1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired / 3 Costly Mistakes Couples Make After Marriage / Man Marries Lady Impregnated By Another Man. Finds Out After Marriage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by SirJerrie(m): 7:52am On Feb 02, 2023
After "falling in love" and getting married, it takes effort, dedication and discipline to stay in love.

Nothing good comes easy. It takes commitment and discipline.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by polite2(m): 7:53am On Feb 02, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
Hello Nairalanders

I do observe that most married couples don't find their selves attractive unlike when the start their relationship before marriage.

I have experienced three married couples like that. I remember when this my neighbor brought her wife to be then, this man is very jelous and he always challenge her when he sees her chatting with guys in the compound but some years later,they did wedding and she gave birth to two lovely girls but now all those jealousy of those days , he is not doing that again even if he comes from work he will just over look the person chatting with his wife and he comes back late in the night.. weekend he will be indoor not minding the wife is outside still conversating with neighbors I mean male neighbors.but then who dears go near to interact with her before marriage. Even the other couples they will be doing as if they don't know each other .. i learnt that he said his doesn't find her attractive no more but what makes him marry her? Didn't he see the signs she is not attractive. Even also it happens to ladies to that will later says she is tired of her husband..
Oga not in all cases..I still find my spouse 100% attractive more than any woman out der.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by micki1: 8:38am On Feb 02, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
Hello Nairalanders

I do observe that most married couples don't find their selves attractive unlike when the start their relationship

themselves

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Baronthecelebri: 8:47am On Feb 02, 2023
It's true
Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Connoisseur(m): 8:52am On Feb 02, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
Hello Nairalanders

I do observe that most married couples don't find their selves attractive unlike when the start their relationship before marriage.

I have experienced three married couples like that. I remember when this my neighbor brought her wife to be then, this man is very jelous and he always challenge her when he sees her chatting with guys in the compound but some years later,they did wedding and she gave birth to two lovely girls but now all those jealousy of those days , he is not doing that again even if he comes from work he will just over look the person chatting with his wife and he comes back late in the night.. weekend he will be indoor not minding the wife is outside still conversating with neighbors I mean male neighbors.but then who dears go near to interact with her before marriage. Even the other couples they will be doing as if they don't know each other .. i learnt that he said his doesn't find her attractive no more but what makes him marry her? Didn't he see the signs she is not attractive. Even also it happens to ladies to that will later says she is tired of her husband..

One word; see finish

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by FalseProphet1(m): 8:55am On Feb 02, 2023
Nazgul:
The problem here is that most women pay less attention to their bodies once they get married. They feel that they've gotten a husband, so why should they bother about their looks?

This makes them look unattractive to their husbands as the years go by. Imagine a girl getting married at 24, and by 28 she's already putting on adeiu papa T-shirt and wrapper to move around the house, and already looking like a grandmother, such woman cannot arouse her husband sexually, if he's having sex with her, it would just be to fulfill all righteousness. The sad reality is that he doesn't have any sexual connection with her anymore.

Men are moved by what they see, as a woman, if you want your husband to keep desiring you, you have to step up your game...see him as your boyfriend not your husband.

Make your hair, put on bum shots whenever you're in the house, take a bath and brush your teeth regularly, always appear neat and sexy before him. When you wake up grab is morning erection and give him a nice Mouth Action, then ride him till he cums...

And believe me, even though you guys have been married for 20 years, he would never get tired of you whenever he sees you. Cos you respect him, feed him, and give him great sex.

I couldn't agree more with this quote above. I read it somewhere and had to go back to lift it and post here. Women read and learn. Marriage is a continuous learning process.

This I have seen.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Nicepoker(m): 9:16am On Feb 02, 2023
Marriage is like a football game. You celebrate a goal scored for some moment then get back to business.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Cricketman: 9:43am On Feb 02, 2023
Who tell u that one ?

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Nehyooh(m): 9:55am On Feb 02, 2023
siofra:
It's because men marry for lust and when that lust fades, they begin to regret marriage. undecided
Not all men marry for lust.

I think mutual understanding, commitment and sincere love are the basic stuffs needed in marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by EngrKemp: 9:55am On Feb 02, 2023
naijapikin2:
I can only speak about what I've heard the men say:
Some women just tend to lower their guard after marriage. They now begin to tie wrapper Instead of putting on bum shorts for your man. Just generally leave themselves unkempt. Hair undone, teeth not brushed, hey ladies your men also like to see you do make up.

I'll be back with more...
I tell u brother..

When I tell them,they become paranoid .They don't listen .. They even become worsen

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by id4sho(m): 9:59am On Feb 02, 2023
EriMma1:
It's a normal thing especially with those who go into relationship for money or physical body features like facial beauty and body shape. When the beauty is no longer as sparkling as it was, the interest drops. When the shape is no longer there due to child birth or lack of control of what you eat, the interest also drops.

This is the reason I will never date because of looks because looks fade. For money? Yes I'll date for money because money is very very essential for a healthy relationship and marriage.

I prefer the likeness to come naturally without attaching it to anything I can see. Let it flow from within and it's such likeness/love that lasts forever.

As for couples getting bored of each other, I too have seen it and even though I know the probable cause of such, it disturbs me a lot whenever I see it playing out
Just last week, it happened in my presence between my pastor and his wife and I began to wonder about this whole marriage thing. I went to their place to do something. The man just went outside to sit down while the woman was inside. Not like she was busy o. I was now saying, why does it look like he just wants to be by himself? Why are they not sitting inside together and honeying with each other. This was just going on in my head as I was looking at the pastor engrossed in his phone. I just concluded in my heart that they are prolly bored with the others presence. God forgive me.

Of all the guys I ever dated, I only got tired of one and that's because he didn't have money and after bearing with him to see if things would change for the better, nothing happened. I just lost interest in him and jejely took a walk.

In summary, don't go after looks. Looks will fade and there'll be nothing to look forward to in that marriage hence the loss of interest. Marry for natural likeness.
I like your conclusion but if the money finishes. Will you still be there? I guess you are rich too smiley

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 02, 2023
Demented bitch like you talking about dumping a nigga because he ain’t got money but your dad is broke as fvck, why your mama no dump your papa ode
EriMma1:
It's a normal thing especially with those who go into relationship for money or physical body features like facial beauty and body shape. When the beauty is no longer as sparkling as it was, the interest drops. When the shape is no longer there due to child birth or lack of control of what you eat, the interest also drops.

This is the reason I will never date because of looks because looks fade. For money? Yes I'll date for money because money is very very essential for a healthy relationship and marriage.

I prefer the likeness to come naturally without attaching it to anything I can see. Let it flow from within and it's such likeness/love that lasts forever.

As for couples getting bored of each other, I too have seen it and even though I know the probable cause of such, it disturbs me a lot whenever I see it playing out
Just last week, it happened in my presence between my pastor and his wife and I began to wonder about this whole marriage thing. I went to their place to do something. The man just went outside to sit down while the woman was inside. Not like she was busy o. I was now saying, why does it look like he just wants to be by himself? Why are they not sitting inside together and honeying with each other. This was just going on in my head as I was looking at the pastor engrossed in his phone. I just concluded in my heart that they are prolly bored with the others presence. God forgive me.

Of all the guys I ever dated, I only got tired of one and that's because he didn't have money and after bearing with him to see if things would change for the better, nothing happened. I just lost interest in him and jejely took a walk.

In summary, don't go after looks. Looks will fade and there'll be nothing to look forward to in that marriage hence the loss of interest. Marry for natural likeness.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by GodHimself: 10:14am On Feb 02, 2023
No more Mystery.

handsomeyitayo:
Hello Nairalanders

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by MikeofKd(m): 10:35am On Feb 02, 2023
After marriage a lot of responsibilities set in on both parties ,these responsibilities makes it hard for most couples to even enjoy themselves ,especially in a country like Nigeria.

Most people are probably married for sake of title , some for children , so many factors that has entirely nothing to do with love ,tell me how can that marriage work ? marry someone you really love and loves u back for long lasting marriage ,the love makes every other thing simple and easy.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Blizzyblazer: 10:44am On Feb 02, 2023
Nwodosis:
The man will be faced with the financial need of the family, the woman will be faced with the welfare of the children. Unfortunately, both won't see each other as being hardworking causing irritations that will be killing the affections.

Well spoken.
Spot on.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Gee001: 11:41am On Feb 02, 2023
The thing is, most people tend to marry for the wrong reasons. For the guys, it's mostly because of the physical appearance and then a few years into the marriage when it starts "wearing out", they lose interest.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by seanwilliam(m): 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2023
Berrityga:
I easily get tired of people last year I dated 9 different girls met my current babe in Nov. Right now I'm tired looking for how to end it. What we need to know is that marriage is not for every one
honestly speaking , if a woman comes visiting, I get tired after two days and I’ll do anything to discharge her.

And if I Dey chase women like this , the moment I yansh her one or two times, the interest no go Dey there again , na she go Dey do the calling and chasing. I fear make this thing no happen to me for marriage grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by agentarcher(m): 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2023
Marriage has 50% to do with it but age. As one gets older they lose that interest to keep up with trendy things of the time. Then the children factor. As a responsible parent your focus is on your child upbringing and not your upkeep. You can say poor orientation is the major cause. Women should not forget that they are someone's woman and should try and look attractive. As for the men, they say a man's attractiveness is defined by his wallet size. You can have six packs and look sexy, but if you cannot afford baby food and pampers, you will only feel the wrath of your woman. If you can afford the things she wants, the flood gates will forever be open. If not for procreation, many folks won't be married to say the truth.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Rickmann: 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
Hello Nairalanders

Ur topic contradicts ur post itself. According to ur post, it could only mean that they have perhaps built some sort of trust for each other with time. It doesn't necessarily mean they have fallen out of love or have stopped finding each other attractive.

Time is everything .

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2023
As you grow older, do you find yourself attractive undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2023
1. Marriage is hard work.
Loving your spouse above any other person out there, correcting their mistakes, overlooking their faults, covering up their behavioural flaws and seeing the beauty in them rather than their present annoying stance are hard psychological decisions.

Unfortunately, most of us are mentally lazy and would rather pass over issues than address them.
Same way we'll rather binge than fast, put off assignments till deadlines and so on.

2. See Finish:
The first time you fell in love with them, there was an aura of mystery around their personality.

But once you get married and the reality sets in that they're exclusively yours and going no where, a feeling of contempt sets in.
This is a purely natural feeling which you must strive to outgrow to respect that special person who decided to forgo all else and merge their destiny with yours.

Also, seeing someone naked and eventually having sex with them takes away the aura of mystery.

As such, strive to make your sex in marriage fulfilling, rewarding and satisfying.

This way, both of you naturally look forward to coming together again and your unclothedness would always stimulate, rather than nauseate, each other.

3. Skipping the friendship stage.

Immediately after your wedding, you should spend at least four days or more interacting with each other before having sex.

This is the first time you both will be together in such close proximity, with the liberty to explore each other in a lawful manner.

You should spend some time enjoying and exploring this phase of your life before crowning it with sex.

You'll be having sex for the next seventy years or more, why must you do it on your wedding night?

After all the stress of the ceremony coupled with the awkwardness of your first time being together as a family, sex should be the last thing on your mind.

Otherwise, you risk laying a faulty foundation that might never get fixed in marriage.

For the men, delay sex if you can, until your wife openly asks for it, which she would only do after she's exhausted her patience.

If you roundly satisfy her the first time, she would be the one initiating sex and you will find it easier getting her in the mood and to cloud nine.

(EVERY woman is a sex freak, capable of squirting, creaming and ejaculation. Let the right man handle your passive wife (God forbid) and you'll ask your ancestors why they never let you realise the kind of person you wifed.)

4. Flaws:
When a woman consistently cooks rubbish, for example and refuses to learn or improve.

Some men would jejely eat outside and gradually lose interest in coming home.

5. Passivity.
Lack of love expression: hugs, kisses, cuddling and innovative ness in the bedroom.

6. Money issues and unforseen circumstances as illness, congenital abnormalities etc.

7. Dark past kept hidden which the other partner uncovers through a third party.

8. Unmet Expectations such as a man finding out the church lead soloist he married was a dual carriage expressway with an odometer clocking in miles.

9. Juju:
Some people fit swear for your marriage o, especially if you follow for the ones wen dey pepper others for social media.

10. Running to Seed.
Developing potbelly, tying wrapper around the house, roaming the house topless (as a woman) or entirely naked, etc may make your partner tired.

As a rule, women should understand that less is always better.
A man will be more aroused with a fully clothed woman who is sitting carelessly with a part of her inner wear showing than one who is entirely naked.

Once you're out of bed, dress sexy.
Cover your boobs and vijeh so he doesn't get used to them.

Better be half-naked at home than fully naked.

Talk choke, but sha lemme stop here.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by ibechris(m): 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
can you explain that ? I want to know why ... because am scared of marriage. Nowadays couples are scaring us away from doing marriage. Most men are going through a lots in marriage they won't tell you..

The only thing that should scare u in marriage is; if u marry ur enemy and still lacks money.

U see these two agents,can u kill u before anyone would know.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Xpol: 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2023
Na see finish, when you newly buy new shoe or cloth na so e go dey shack you.

In this life, nothing can be compared to being independent but until you get married b4 you'll appreciate that especially when no much understanding involve in the marriage.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by GloriousGbola: 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
Hello Nairalanders

I do observe that most married couples don't find their selves attractive unlike when they started their relationship before marriage.

I have experienced three married couples like that.

I remember when this my neighbor brought her wife to be then, this man is very jelous and he always challenge her when he sees her chatting with guys in the compound but some years later, they did wedding and she gave birth to two lovely girls but now all those jealousy of those days, he is not doing that again even if he comes from work he will just over look the person chatting with his wife and he comes back late in the night.. weekend he will be indoor not minding the wife is outside still conversating with neighbors I mean male neighbors,but then who dares go near to interact with her before marriage.

Even the other couples they will be doing as if they don't know each other .. I learnt that he said he doesn't find her attractive no more but what made him marry her? Didn't he see the signs she is not attractive.

Even also it happens to ladies that will later say she is tired of her husband.

So a man has matured and is no longer jealous and overly possessive and has more important things to think about.

And that is what you have a problem with?

Grow up. I thought you would have something coherent to discuss. Not this silly childish policing of your spouse.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by gbolswag(m): 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2023
I guess it because they no longer value the love they had for each other.....alot happened along the line

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by themanderon: 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
Hello Nairalanders

I do observe that most married couples don't find their selves attractive unlike when they started their relationship before marriage.

I have experienced three married couples like that.

I remember when this my neighbor brought her wife to be then, this man is very jelous and he always challenge her when he sees her chatting with guys in the compound but some years later, they did wedding and she gave birth to two lovely girls but now all those jealousy of those days, he is not doing that again even if he comes from work he will just over look the person chatting with his wife and he comes back late in the night.. weekend he will be indoor not minding the wife is outside still conversating with neighbors I mean male neighbors,but then who dares go near to interact with her before marriage.

Even the other couples they will be doing as if they don't know each other .. I learnt that he said he doesn't find her attractive no more but what made him marry her? Didn't he see the signs she is not attractive.

Even also it happens to ladies that will later say she is tired of her husband.

That is because they married themselves for the wrong reasons( money, beauty, front and back etc) so see finish has set in. In marriage you are marrying the personality because that is all that remains when all else fades away.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by PointZerom: 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2023
naijapikin2:
I can only speak about what I've heard the men say:
Some women just tend to lower their guard after marriage. They now begin to tie wrapper Instead of putting on bum shorts for your man. Just generally leave themselves unkempt. Hair undone, teeth not brushed, hey ladies your men also like to see you do make up.

I'll be back with more...

Bum shorts and makeups are abomination where I dey, I hate ladies that wear trousers.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by handsomeyitayo(m): 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2023
micki1:

themselves
thanks for the correction God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by jaxxy(m): 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2023
Cos they let themselves go as individuals and become sm1else either in appearance or values or some other characteristics they used to have.

People don't remain totally themselves bt they should improve in some areas as the grow.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by YourNextLevel(m): 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2023
Because some have the mindset of entitlement without nothing to the table

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by judedwriter(m): 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2023
90% of men marry for physical reasons.

90% of women marry for financial reasons.

That's why marriage today has become an endangered institution.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! / Mother Flogs Her Daughter For Visiting Man's House (pics, Video) / My Husband Is A Serial Adulterer, He Slept With My Sister – Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.