Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State (13147 Views)

Sinoma Is Constructing A Cement Plant In Kogi (Photos) / BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) / Dangote Cement Plant In Edo And Bua Cement Plant In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Biodun556(m): 8:57am On Feb 02, 2023

Dangote Industries Limited (DIL) has signed an agreement with China Sinoma International Engineering to build a six million tons per annum cement plant in Itori, Ogun State.

The agreement was signed by the Chairman of Dangote Cement Plc, Aliko Dangote alongside the Group Executive Director, Strategy, Capital Projects & Portfolio Development, DIL, Devakumar Edwin, while China Sinoma Engineering was represented by its Group President, Yin Zhisong, and the company’s Chairman, Liu Renyue.

Mr Dangote speaking at the signing ceremony, said that new integrated cement plant at completion will strengthen the local production capacity of Dangote Cement, bringing its local capacity to 41.25 million tons per annum and total African capacity to 57.6 million tons per annum.

He said the Itori Cement Plant will also increase Nigeria’s capacity to export cement, thereby enabling more diversification and foreign exchange inflows for the economy.

According to Mr Dangote, the project is further expected to develop the domestic economy through creation of thousands of indirect and direct jobs and drive economic development in the Itori axis.

Ancillary businesses, he stated will be drawn to the axis, who will be seeking to take advantage of the location of the cement plant to provide goods and services to staff, contractors and other stakeholders.

He added that constructing the new cement plant is in line with Dangote Group’s vision of producing locally goods that were formally imported despite the abundance of raw materials for local production of such goods.

He described Sinoma as a strategic partner who has been instrumental to the success of key projects in Dangote Group. He said, “We are comfortable working with your company. You have handled some of our key projects and I am positive that this project will be completed as scheduled.”

Group President of China Sinoma Engineering, Yin Zhisong, expressed satisfaction with the commitment and determination of the Dangote Group in building cement plants across Africa. He said: “It is an honour for us to build another cement plant for Dangote Group. We are proud and happy to be on this journey with the company again.”

When operational, the plant is expected to have two Lines x 6,000 TPD Clinker Production with an installed daily total capacity of 12,000 TPD of Clinker production. It is expected to be completed within 27 months with best-in-class equipment in the cement industry, sourced from Europe’s major equipment suppliers.

The plant will have its own captive power plant to generate electric power for use by cement kilns and other production processes.

The Itori Cement Plant will be Dangote Cement’s fourth plant constructed as a green field project in Nigeria, the rest are Obajana, Ibese and Okpella Plants.

Dangote Cement is Africa’s leading cement producer with 51.6Mta production capacity across Africa with Nigeria accounting for 35.25Mta.

Obajana plant in Kogi state, Nigeria, is the largest in Africa with 16.25Mta of capacity across five lines; Ibese plant in Ogun State has four cement lines with a combined installed capacity of 12Mta; Gboko plant in Benue state has 4Mta; and Okpella plant in Edo state has 3Mta.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/579346-dangote-sinoma-sign-agreement-on-new-cement-plant-in-ogun.html

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Biodun556(m): 8:58am On Feb 02, 2023
Dangote, the fearless and strategic investor.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Gift96: 9:03am On Feb 02, 2023
Hopefully once it's completed I can apply with my CV and work there so that I can add value to the establishment

12 Likes

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Gift96: 9:04am On Feb 02, 2023
Biodun556:
Dangote, the fearless and strategic investor.
I will like to be like him when I grow up.
I'd like to make him my mentor too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by FreedomArmy: 9:04am On Feb 02, 2023
What of the ones he has already? Are they functioning in full capacity?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Missgeraldine(f): 9:11am On Feb 02, 2023
Younger looking version of dangote is a kind of man I'd love to marry in the future tongue...

But monopoly is not good for Nigeria's economy and small businesses

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Hopium: 9:38am On Feb 02, 2023
Starboy cheesy

More igr to south-west.

Missgeraldine:

He will monopolize since we no get sense for this country. For more 50 years, we couldn't make 3 refineries work. Dangote sole refinery will be among the biggest in the world and will serve Nigeria far better than all refineries that ever existed in our history. He has no competitor.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Hendrixky: 9:38am On Feb 02, 2023
Alright

Nice one
Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Brendaniel: 9:38am On Feb 02, 2023
Nice...
Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Shezkid01(m): 9:38am On Feb 02, 2023
See people wey dangote dey use hold him company. Chinese and Indian,

11 Likes

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by gasparpisciotta: 9:39am On Feb 02, 2023
Price of cement will still not crash

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Bigfish121(m): 9:39am On Feb 02, 2023
That is every girl's dream but Nigeria is not a place to succeed easily.

Missgeraldine:

Younger looking version of dangote is a kind of man I'd love to marry in the future tongue...

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by iamsolasoul(f): 9:40am On Feb 02, 2023
Please sand mix too make money
Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by inoki247: 9:41am On Feb 02, 2023
We no even hear from Yahya again he don tire ni....

With all the paid protester locking of factory naso everything die down....

This APC govt sabi distract people sha nd always making the script looks real.....

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by grandstar(m): 9:41am On Feb 02, 2023
My biggest worry regarding Dangote is that were there to be an economic boom by a new government, demand for cement may outstrip supply which could lead to a phenomenal rise in the price of cement.

With no competitor aside Bua Cement, Nigerians would be at their mercy.

There will be a need to allow imports again with some tariffs in place.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by GODPUNISHALABI: 9:42am On Feb 02, 2023
When we declare oduduwa Republic we will chase out this betrayers and their ipob brothers and seize their properties

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Zulum500: 9:43am On Feb 02, 2023
Missgeraldine:

You should be ashamed obidense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by johnobama: 9:44am On Feb 02, 2023
Missgeraldine:

Gold digger

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by GloriousGbola: 9:45am On Feb 02, 2023
Yeye Bellow, you see wetin your hand don do?

foolish man.

he may have actually been pulling this idiocy because he thought he had leverage and that Dangote would not look elsewhere for a new plant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Hopium: 9:46am On Feb 02, 2023
Dangote is who Peter Obi think he is.

The dude couldn't compete with shoprite with his NEXT brand nor develop Fidelity to become a top brand in Nigeria but the scammer is saying he can manage a $500b economy and turn Nigeria to the USA of Africa. cheesy

In his effeminate voice, "We can do it. Go and verify!" cheesy

Emir01:
God bless Dangote. This is the person that can be talking about consumption to production that I will listen not someone that is importing virtually everything he sells.

N3TRAL:
Nothing Peter Obi touches succeeds.

Peter Obi inherited more than 100 million dollars from his father. He has failed to increase his inheritance at the rate of even 2% in the last 3 decades.

Peter Obi was a rich kid. He was what the likes of DJ Cuppy, Paddy Adenuga and Jowi Zaza are today.

With the money Peter Obi inherited, his brand should have dominated Africa if he ventured into retail. In fact, there shouldn't have been a ShopRite if he was innovative. Next should have dominated African countries.

Look at Access Bank and GTbank. That's what Fidelity bank should have been if Peter Obi had a Midas touch. They started around the same time. Peter Obi chaired the bank during Nigeria's biggest banking revolution.

This is not political banter.

He invested Anambra's State money in a brewery right? Isn't the investment a loss of billions of Naira?

That's who Peter Obi is. He's worth less than he inherited from his father today by saving more and buying failed stocks.

He's acknowledged that he inherited 100 million+ dollars from his father. His foreign accounts that were spied on and published during the Pandora saga revealed he had less than 30 million dollars stacked in safe havens.

Dangote, Bua, Tony Elumelu, Adenuga etc inherited less but see where they are today.

Buhari isn't so different. He failed at everything he ever did apart from politics. His cattle husbandry was reported to have remained stagnant with the same number of cattles for more than a decade.

What Buhari and Obi have in common is that they preach integrity but una go suffer die because they have no idea about money making. Make honest Anambra people confess as boys migrate during his time. Hardship no be small.

Let's face it, businesses will enjoy better under an Atiku government than Obi's government.

Tinubu is the ultimate. Na baba for wealth creation. He turns everything to gold.

Knowing what Buhari and Obi share in common made me reject Obi from day 1. I swear I know say we go suffer if Obi wins.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Emir01: 9:46am On Feb 02, 2023
God bless Dangote. This is the person that can be talking about consumption to production that I will listen not someone that is importing virtually everything he sells.

8 Likes

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Jsucre(m): 9:47am On Feb 02, 2023
South-west hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by liasmiram2567: 9:48am On Feb 02, 2023
Will thus make the price of cement to crash? Will it make the poor to build houses of their own?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Bfly: 9:51am On Feb 02, 2023
Dangote is ready to conquer Nigeria Economy.
Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Chetas81(m): 9:52am On Feb 02, 2023
THEY SHOULD CONTINUE TO SALE THEIR LAND FOR MONEY AND THEY WOULD BE SLAVE UNDER THEIR LAND IN FUTURE ____ FUTURE IS AN ENGLISH LANGUAGE BUT SOME NIGERIAN DON'T KNOW THE MEANING

1 Like

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by mctech(m): 9:52am On Feb 02, 2023
Where in Itori will the plant be sited?
Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Fiscus105(m): 9:54am On Feb 02, 2023
Yet no single positive impact on Nigerians. Instead Dangote fortune keep rising in Forbes diary on secondly basis.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Ireportlive: 9:56am On Feb 02, 2023
Ogun State must push for 10% stake

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by Hopium: 10:00am On Feb 02, 2023
Chetas81:
THEY SHOULD CONTINUE TO SALE THEIR LAND FOR MONEY AND THEY WOULD BE SLAVE UNDER THEIR LAND IN FUTURE ____ FUTURE IS AN ENGLISH LANGUAGE BUT SOME NIGERIAN DON'T KNOW THE MEANING

You sound like a nincompoop dude cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State by adeniyi65(m): 10:01am On Feb 02, 2023
Dan Baba oyoyo.shey you no go buy the entire Nigeria like this.in fact,buy am make we know the thing wey remain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam / Mycopilot App Has Crossed 3000 Downloads Under Two Months! / Election Spending Fuels Cash Shortage In Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.