Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,438 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam (13109 Views)

Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / I Need A Quoatation For Palm Tree Planting / Pictures From Mike Adenuga`s Billion Naira Banana Island Estate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by okine4real: 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2013
I have a 6 Plots of land. Each plots Measures 100 by 100. Am thinking of what to plant on the land. please what is the best thing to plant, do i plant palm tree, plantain, banana, casava, yam? Am looking at what would give me maximum profit. Also some people are saying Agric palm tree would take 5 years before it starts bring out palm fruit. Am not really bordered about the years but am bordered about how much i would be making when the palm fruit finally comes out. Another important thing i really need to know is, what are the circulating cost i would incured for the period of 5 years. i just need proper break down so i would make the best decision available to me.

1 Like

Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by PapaBrowne(m): 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2013
Plantain is by far the best. It produces like a goat. You plant one and come back in a year and it has over 20 shoots around it. But in all, you should ask an expert to ascertain the quality of land and what produce is most suitable.

Another thing I recommend is pepper. Or better still Fresh vegetables. The turnaround times are lower and the prices are better.

What location is your land. I have about 40 plots of 100 x 100 in Edo state. I am looking to scoop up even more.Agriculture is the bomb.

3 Likes

Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by Curiouscity(m): 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
Go with plantain or Cassava. Plantain reproduces well, requires minimal care.

Best of luck!!
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by cordj2: 6:57am On Apr 11, 2013
Six plot is way too small for oil palm, go for plantain
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by okine4real: 1:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
I just wanted to plant palm tree most expecially because i want to take proper possession of the land. But also i want something that would give me better profit.

PapaBrowne: Plantain is by far the best. It produces like a goat. You plant one and come back in a year and it has over 20 shoots around it. But in all, you should ask an expert to ascertain the quality of land and what produce is most suitable.

Another thing I recommend is pepper. Or better still Fresh vegetables. The turnaround times are lower and the prices are better.

What location is your land. I have about 40 plots of 100 x 100 in Edo state. I am looking to scoop up even more.Agriculture is the bomb.

If i plant Plantain on the land, can i also plant Vegetables?

Also if i plant plantain, how much would a bough of plantain cost if i want to sell?
Then if i plant Vegetable also, how much would vegetable mostly go for if i would be selling the whole harvest?

Also i intend to increase the plots as time goes on, but for now, i can just afford only 6 plot. the land is in ibuza delta state.
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by ariyebaba(m): 3:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
@ papabrowne, kindly drop ur e-mail. i need to contact u ASAP. Thanks !!!
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by PapaBrowne(m): 2:47am On Apr 13, 2013
ariyebaba: @ papabrowne, kindly drop ur e-mail. i need to contact u ASAP. Thanks !!!

Just give me a slight brief on what we would discuss and I'll happily provide my mail. Thanks
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by ariyebaba(m): 9:28am On Apr 13, 2013
How 2 start plantain farming frm land rent/purchase,................... And other necessary information to have a good harvest.
U can send me detailed info to -

harrybaba20005@yahoo.com

I look 4wrd 2 reading ur mail.

Thanks !
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by okine4real: 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2013
PapaBrowne: Plantain is by far the best. It produces like a goat. You plant one and come back in a year and it has over 20 shoots around it. But in all, you should ask an expert to ascertain the quality of land and what produce is most suitable.

Please give me proper details on what kind of specie, i should plant (Plantain)

Can i plant Plantain and vegetable (ugu) at the sametime on the same plot of land, where by the Vegetable and plantain would grow simultaneously?

Do i always have to water the crops? or the can grow on there own

please reply me on okine4real@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by oduz: 9:39am On Apr 17, 2013
Contact IITA on advice on best Plantain specie for your location & where to get it

The info cost next to nothing

Best wishes cool
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by okine4real: 12:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
My mum,s brother is into planting of palm fruits etc. He is a professional in these business. He said its takes 3 years before palm tree starts producing fruits. He said on a plot of 100 by 50, he can plant 50 pieces of palm tree. So since i have 100 by 100, he can plant 100 pieces on each plot. So since i have 6 plots, what i want to know is, if i have 600 palm tree, does that quantity look okay in terms of profitability? He also said i can harvest atleast 2 times in a month.

So if i have 600 palm fruits and am harvesting atleast two times in a month. what income should i be expecting?
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by hotmas911(m): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
for best result 50 palm trees per acre is ok. If u need large farmland for any crop around ogbomosho oyo state contact 08060318769. From 70k per acre
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by damep: 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by okine4real: 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2013
Am saying 50 palm tree per plot of 100 by 50 not an acre. Do you know what an acre means? how cn one plant jst 50 palm trees on am acre?
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by okine4real: 12:35pm On May 08, 2013
I have a 100 by 100 plot of land. my Farmer said he can plant 100pc of palm oil nursery on it. Please someone should let me know if it is visible.
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by mencer(m): 9:24pm On May 08, 2013
]palm tree is long term and high yielding
banana, plantain cassava yam are short term and equally rewarding
but you need to do your studies on what grows well on the soil in that Area.
you need to be sure that rapid urban development would not meet your plantation in the next few years especially if you are cultivating palm trees.
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by okine4real: 4:24pm On May 10, 2013
My question is simple, How many Liters of palm oil can i get from 1000pc of palm tree in a year?
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by Edenitis(m): 4:57pm On May 10, 2013
You can plant 400 Moringa seedlings on one plot. The seedlings will cost you N160 each. Within 4 months you begin to harvest. You can harvest up to six times in a year. After the first year you can harvest monthly for 50 years. Google Agbekoya farmers and contact them.
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by okine4real: 6:50pm On May 10, 2013
mencer: ]palm tree is long term and high yielding
banana, plantain cassava yam are short term and equally rewarding
but you need to do your studies on what grows well on the soil in that Area.
you need to be sure that rapid urban development would not meet your plantation in the next few years especially if you are cultivating palm trees.

Good talk. do yoou have a feasibility study on palm tree, banana, cassava, or plantain?
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by okine4real: 4:17pm On May 20, 2013
i have done more research about palm tree plantation, So far, i think palm tree plantation is the most lucrative among most Agricultural crops. From mine calculation, if you have a plot measuring 100 by 100 feet, you can plant 100 palm trees or 135 palm trees. if you have 10 plots, you have plant about 1350 or 1000 palm trees, and the most beautiful part is, you can make as little as 1.5M in a year, these is just a rough estimation, the amount can rise up to 3M. but am still working on mine feasibility study. Once am through with mine feasibility study, i would put more update here.
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by hotmas911(m): 9:22am On May 26, 2013
we are still selling around ogbomoso. 50k/70k per acre. Land suitable for crop farming, like plantain, palm plantation, pineaple etc . There is electricity and very close to paved road.08060318769.
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by cordj2: 10:00am On May 26, 2013
@okine
Palm trees require spacing for it to strive well, per acre one can plant a maximum of 60 oil palm trees. This number also depend on the method of planting. One tend to plant more if the tress are arranged triangularly than when it is rectangular
The require spacing between each palm should not be less than 9meters apart. Best of luck
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by hotmas911(m): 7:02am On Jun 07, 2013
we have another 5 acres for sale @ tewure ogbomoso. 80k per acre. Very close to paved road and there is electricity. Good for most crop. 08060318769
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by darexkey(m): 9:31am On Jun 19, 2013
u can do mixed cropping. plantain nd cassava is a boom! can help u wt d feasibility report nd biz plan. contact me on 07039359066
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by henrimoto(m): 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
hotmas911: we have another 5 acres for sale @ tewure ogbomoso. 80k per acre. Very close to paved road and there is electricity. Good for most crop. 08060318769
@ hotmas911 . i will give u a call. here is my email. box. henrimoto@rocketmail.com. i ve someone dat is interested 4 u.
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by okine4real: 4:12pm On Jun 19, 2013
Has any body bought lands from these guy before? The price is good but, has any body bought lands from these guy before so that we can authoritatively say,yes these guy is selling genuine lands. Me myself, i need these kind of lands for farming.
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by MANGAM(m): 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
Guys I really enjoyed the conversation and I think d question has not been answered. The question is how much can 1 get fro 1000 palm trees. I ve 2500 palm trees just a year old. I really want to knw hw many litres of palm oil do I stand to produce in a year.cos 20litres of palm oils goes for 5000k in d north where I reside.
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by okine4real: 11:52am On Jul 22, 2013
one hectare would give you two and half two tone of palm oil and half tone of palm kernel oil. remember one hectare contains 150 palms i would update later. I just came back from mine mini plantation in Ibusa Delta state. I would update later with pics
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by MANGAM(m): 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2013
Welcome back we rlly missed u. Hw ar u palms doing?
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by okine4real: 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
I have been around all the while. I only just traveled last week. I update mine other thread more, in fact as at now, the thread has about 4 pages. I have uploaded the links earlier.
You can get two and half tone of palm oil from 150 palms, and half tone of palm kernel oil. But you would only et this quantity only if you are operating at 95 percent extraction capacity. Pls go to mine other thread and you would be enlighten more.
Re: Palm Tree VS Plantain, Banana, Casava, Yam by Manweysabi(m): 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
okine4real: I have been around all the while. I only just traveled last week. I update mine other thread more, in fact as at now, the thread has about 4 pages. I have uploaded the links earlier.
You can get two and half tone of palm oil from 150 palms, and half tone of palm kernel oil. But you would only et this quantity only if you are operating at 95 percent extraction capacity. Pls go to mine other thread and you would be enlighten more.
Nice one bro.

I've been following your other thread from day one. Very informative.

Please next time, kindly replace the word 'MINE' with 'MY' in your writtings.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prices Of Rams Rise In Ogun, As Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir / NIGERIAN BANKS: So Much Noise About Integrity / 5 Key Ways To Get More Customers For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.