Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Some Effect Of Cashless Policy - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Some Effect Of Cashless Policy (60551 Views)

CBN Cashless Policy Is Good For POS Business / CBN Directs Banks To Accept Deposits Beyond Cashless Policy Limit / Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by ire803386: 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2023
Mrsoft3:

I can buy this for 1000 naira

Good for you
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by ire803386: 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2023
Jeffy1206:
are you playing, what type of playing is this? 2500ke undecided

Dem scam me?
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by Alawode01(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2023
Tough time never last, better day is coming,no pain no gain, truth its very pained but yet we will overcome it to the plenty.
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by mmsen: 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2023
gurunlocker:
Naija my country.... You’re cashless, did the pepper seller accepted transfer? grin
Why should the not, do they not have bank accounts?
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by jibrilELsudan: 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2023
THIS IS JUST BEYOND STUPID

THERE IS SCARCITY OF PHYSICAL NAIRA NOTES BUT IS THE NAIRA SCARCE IN THEIR ACCOUNTS AS WELL?......CAUSE I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE SELLING PERISHABLE GOODS WILL ONLY INSIST ON CASH WHEN THEY CAN ACCEPT TRANSFERS?

Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by Jeffy1206(m): 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2023
ire803386:

Dem scam me?
yes na. For here na like 300 be that grin
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by Japastic: 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2023
ire803386:
I went to the market yesterday and I was surprised some price of perishable goods have crashed I bought this for #2500 yesterday
When money is scarce, things are supposed to be cheap.Which state pls
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by alfajohn: 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2023
Mightymanna:
Is not something for you to celebrate.

People that have bought expensive fertilizer and fuel to grow Agric product are now at loss, many rural markets in the North where Cash and carry is the norm are grounded especially grains vegatables and animals no new notes no old notes on sight and all Agric commodity price will crash, who will then go to the farm if there is no profit?

APC will pay a very heavy price for this decision, Buhari will never try this during his Second Reelection period

You made. Valid points. I spoke to someone who confirmed that all food items have crashed by at least 40% in the north. My mind went straight to what you said, poor farmers having paid heavily for farm inputs are being made to sale at a loss. Government magic

1 Like

Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by rickleye: 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2023
Cashless policy my ass !
Even in America we say Cash is King !
Country with no stable power , Issues with Interbank Transfer - are touting cashless policy.

Why the rush ! CBN should have worked backwards from election time-table
Just extend the deadline by 3 months and release this artificial scarcity.
If you think Obi will win by the honest Abe way, you are joking. Shine your eyes !!!! ( Hope i used the phrase properly ) Get in there first by any means possible and then make electoral changes.
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by mastermaestro(m): 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2023
okeyumez:
Emefiele will go down in history as the worst and useless CBN governor. Politicians will dump him very soon and he will be arrested and disgraced

I keep saying that the incompetent crook will end up in jail. grin
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by Amalekki: 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
I swear this one no go pass 300 to 400 here in zaria.why are you guys making life miserable for yourselves down there? Things is not that hard those sellers should stop making life more difficult for people
Don't mind them. Their longthroat is affecting all of them.

Dollar goes up, groundnut seller in Lagos doubles price and it's never going down again. Are you importing groundnut with dollars?

Now they are all reaping the fruits of their greed because they don't care about the ripple effect of their actions on the general economy.

1 Like

Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by Zane2point4(m): 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2023
ire803386:
I went to the market yesterday and I was surprised some price of perishable goods have crashed I bought this for #2500 yesterday

In owerrri i kno things can be expensive but make i no lie u all those items no go pass 1k

Tomato 500
Pepper 200
Tatasi. 300
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by rickleye: 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2023
jibrilELsudan:
THIS IS JUST BEYOND STUPID

THERE IS SCARCITY OF PHYSICAL NAIRA NOTES BUT IS THE NAIRA SCARCE IN THEIR ACCOUNTS AS WELL?......CAUSE I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE SELLING PERISHABLE GOODS WILL ONLY INSIST ON CASH WHEN THEY CAN ACCEPT TRANSFERS?

Let me try to explain - Just like folks abroad will prefer cash than transfers ( why, because transfers are proof that a transaction occurred and therefore are subject to bank charges and tax deductions) . Small businesses and even drug dealers roll in cash .....

Cash in hand is powerful and you can make deals quicker . Its paper money than " electronic money" . Also goods being sold normally would have cost of goods, plus interest to buy those goods plus profit added , plus bank charges . When I negotiate there is wiggy room because the seller can lessen the cost based on cash or transfer.

There are many examples to tout but Ill give you one. Someone wrecked my vehicle outside my house. Insurance paid a certain amount of money. So I went to buy a replacement vehicle for 10,000. Plus tax came to 11,500 . Interest to finance the total amount came to 15,000. I told the guy, I will be paying cash, you could see the smile wiped away from the dudes face. You'd think I offended him. They make money from interest being charged.

All these small business and market women no get time balance accounts. Its all in their head.
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by ire803386: 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2023
Japastic:
When money is scarce, things are supposed to be cheap.Which state pls

Lagos
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by ire803386: 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2023
Jeffy1206:
yes na. For here na like 300 be that grin

Dammit
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by carinmom(f): 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
I swear this one no go pass 300 to 400 here in zaria.why are you guys making life miserable for yourselves down there? Things is not that hard those sellers should stop making life more difficult for people

I had wanted to say the same thing, I bought that huge basket of tomato at damnmagaji market here in Zaria for 4k only
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by tafabaloo(m): 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2023
DominusPrime:
This is not the effect of cashless policy. This is the effect of scarcity of Naira.
The goods are perishable hence the need for the sellers to sell them off quickly as buyers do not have cash to buy them. The sellers need cash for other expenses as well.

Keeping perishable goods when there is no cash or buyers in sight will amount to a huge waste and loss.

You have 3 thieves to choose from.
One remitted money to the US for criminal activities related to drugs.

The 2nd sold public institutions, admitted culpability in SVP and ran away to Dubai after the last elections.

The last thief is blamed for keeping money in the state vault in the name of savings.

Choose your thief or wisely!!!

You forgot to add that the third thief also save the state's money in his business under the guise of investing the state's money.
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by bigcasava1(m): 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2023
Don't worry everything will adjust itself just be a little patient
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by statesman6: 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2023
nepapole:
This is small na..

What I am seeing here shudnt be more than 500 bucks on a normal day...
Just imagine. I can't get this for 800 on normal day
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by Karnice600: 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2023
Mightymanna:
Is not something for you to celebrate.

People that have bought expensive fertilizer and fuel to grow Agric product are now at loss, many rural markets in the North where Cash and carry is the norm are grounded especially grains vegatables and animals no new notes no old notes on sight and all Agric commodity price will crash, who will then go to the farm if there is no profit?

APC will pay a very heavy price for this decision, Buhari will never try this during his Second Reelection period

For Nigeria to veer into the right course, there 'must' be losses at some point in time. This 'could' be the time to proceed with proper price regulation. Nigeria has what it takes to beat poverty to minimum levels. It's just our greed, that's ripping us off.
Businesses thriving from the economic and structural anomalies in Nigeria will shake when ideal reforms come into effect.
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2023
tafabaloo:

You forgot to add that the third thief also save the state's money in his business under the guise of investing the state's money.

Yes that’s very true. I even watched him admit on tv that he did that.
Unlike Tinubu urchins who see what is obvious but still choose to deny it some of us admit when we see what is wrong
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by motta(m): 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2023
ire803386:
depends on your area here I will buy that for 1k
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by kernniejay(m): 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
ire803386:
Is this what you bought for N2500 and you are happy? The seller really carry you mugu. sad
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by tafabaloo(m): 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2023
DominusPrime:

Yes that’s very true. I even watched him admit on tv that he did that.
Unlike Tinubu urchins who see what is obvious but still choose to deny it some of us admit when we see what is wrong

Confirming that he cant be trusted with out common patrimony.

So. Why the fuss about Peter Obi when there other candidates that are far better and can be supported ..
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by GoodHardDickk: 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2023
ire803386:

This thing you bought is way too expensive.

Normally back in the tenure of GEJ it shouldn't be more than #500
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by Blackdisciple(m): 7:47pm On Feb 02, 2023
UP APC😁😁😁😁
All sai babarians and tinubu foot stool una never see anything ...

Make una vote in Obi for a proper change ooo
Because a word is enough for the wise, let those who has ears let them hear oooo...
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by Menclothing: 8:59pm On Feb 02, 2023
This 600 igando Lagos
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by Camberlo(m): 9:37pm On Feb 02, 2023
This should not be more than #600 in Kebbi, Sokoto or Zamfara states, I don't know where you are posting from.

If you see tomato of #200 I bought yesterday will surprise you that it's more than your tomatoes.
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by Oracleee: 11:35pm On Feb 02, 2023
okeyumez:
Emefiele will go down in history as the worst and useless CBN governor. Politicians will dump him very soon and he will be arrested and disgraced

For what reasons? You should applaud and praise the chap for trying to revive the dying economy with this plan. Maybe not immediately, but it will yield great results.
Re: Some Effect Of Cashless Policy by Rajosh(m): 11:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
This is still very expensive compared to what I buy normally here in Kano. Kurna to be precise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Banks Not Opened Today? / When Naira Still Had Value! Just Imagine.. / The Black Billionaires 2019 - Forbes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.