Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Virus That Affects Laptop Speakers! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Virus That Affects Laptop Speakers! (5274 Views)

How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard / Cost Of Replacing Toshiba Laptop Speakers / My Laptop Speakers Are Not Working Anymore, Wat Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virus That Affects Laptop Speakers! by saddik(m): 11:59pm On Aug 28, 2007
Hello,

I have encountered perharps a virus in my office, this is the 3rd laptop it happened to, when i unmute the volume, i get to hear a loud, continious horn coming out from my speakers, then the systems hangs while the sound continues.

The only way i get to use the laptops is by defaul when the system starts, it will already have the speakers on mute.

I also cant seem to find the battery meter in the power option.

Please some 1 help.

Regards.
Re: Virus That Affects Laptop Speakers! by Saddam: 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2007
Hello saddik

If u where somewhere close to lagos I would have recomeded an PC Technician for u
Re: Virus That Affects Laptop Speakers! by Ralvy(m): 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2007
Saddam:

Hello saddik

If u where somewhere close to lagos I would have recomeded an PC Technician for u

What the hell's that??-??-??-??

@Poster;

What antivirus d'u use??
I experienced a similar virus, but in my case - the computer comes on and starts laughing at me; and the volume option is not available, Try this,

Type "msconfig" (withtout quotes) in the run box from the Start menu, select the Startup Tab and Uncheck non Windows Start up services, reboot and run a full virus scan; I recommend AVG, Kapersky and/or Avast wink

If that does not solve ur problem, I suspect the sound was brought on by a hardware malfunction, maybe they is a partial contact inside the system, it could be that the wires from the laptop speakers are rubbing the Plastic protecting the fan; that was what happened on a system I was repairing,

See an a technicican
Re: Virus That Affects Laptop Speakers! by babalolas(m): 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2007
you probably cannot locate the battery meter in the power option because you are using XP unlimited,THE SOLUTION IS FOR YOU TO REPAIR THE SYSTEM WITH XP PROFESSIONAL OR FORMAT IT
Re: Virus That Affects Laptop Speakers! by Cactus(m): 1:18am On Sep 16, 2007
check audio settings. microphones or audio boost settings. that is where your problem is.
Re: Virus That Affects Laptop Speakers! by broterscofil: 4:36am On Nov 16, 2016
I think it has nothing to do with virus or any adware and Trojan. It might be some problems caused by files corruption or missing.

(1) (Reply)

HP Pavilion 15 Gaming Laptop Intel-i7 6th Gen Nvidia-geforceĀ® 2gb Graphics -SOLD / I Need Nigerian Accounting Software For My Small Manufacturing Business / I Need A Laptop(mini) With Long Battery Life And Duration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.