Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,505 members, 7,854,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:43 AM

Pls Help My Younger Brother - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls Help My Younger Brother (537 Views)

Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad / Pls Help My Lower Lip Is Turning Pink (pics) / Help My Mother Diagnose This Infection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help My Younger Brother by chikishpilot: 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
greetings everybody, i and my younger brother who's 15 have been living together for some time, but something happened that crippled the economy of the house, so he travelled back to village to stay with parents, when i came back i noticed he usually talk to himself anytime he's alone and whenever you walk in he will do as if he's okay, he will sometimes stay awake all alone, he doesn't approach anyone again, he doesn't work anymore, but this boy will speak normally u won't even notice anything but whenever he is alone you will notice he's speaking to himself, we have tried everything, when we tell him he needs to see the doctor he will fire back by saying he is okay, i don't know which kind wahala be this, pls what can we do to stop him from behaving abnormal sad sad
Re: Pls Help My Younger Brother by budaatum: 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2023
He's probably depressed and does not know it.

You'd need to let him be for a while, since he's not harming anyone and is aware for his need to privately talk to himself.

Buy him a notebook to record his conversations. He'd hopefully read what he writes and reflect.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Younger Brother by Shalommy(f): 7:44pm On Feb 02, 2023
Your bro. dey drag stone. Na the effect be that. Chaii cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Younger Brother by yrhuhfy113: 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2023
chikishpilot:
greetings everybody, i and my younger brother who's 15 have been living together for some time, but something happened that crippled the economy of the house, so he travelled back to village to stay with parents, when i came back i noticed he usually talk to himself anytime he's alone and whenever you walk in he will do as if he's okay, he will sometimes stay awake all alone, he doesn't approach anyone again, he doesn't work anymore, but this boy will speak normally u won't even notice anything but whenever he is alone you will notice he's speaking to himself, we have tried everything, when we tell him he needs to see the doctor he will fire back by saying he is okay, i don't know which kind wahala be this, pls what can we do to stop him from behaving abnormal sad sad

step one>
get him a laptop (ensure a keylogger is there or a tracker so you can monitor his searches and really know what he is up to)

step two: fill the laptop with video tutorials and very mind inspiring movies and music

step three: challenge him to learn a new thing monthly and you'll pay him...

THESE THREE WILL CHANGE ANY DEPRESSED PERSON

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Younger Brother by shawante(m): 8:10pm On Feb 02, 2023
You guys should better tie him up and move him to a psychiatric home now that it's still early before it gets out of hand.
Re: Pls Help My Younger Brother by Greatzeus(m): 7:21am On Feb 03, 2023
shawante:
You guys should better tie him up and move him to a psychiatric home now that it's still early before it gets out of hand.
This is so wrong. You young guys make jokes that are out of place. You can be in a worst mental state than he is in the near future.
Don't ever mock a person's health challenges,you people won't hear.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Younger Brother by A305: 8:54am On Feb 03, 2023
Get him "Niacin" and get him to socialize more with people. If possible, get him a job or enroll him for jamb lesson or learn a trade.

Ensure he takes that niacin drug (one capsule per night) as that will keep him mentally balanced. In worst case scenario, 2 capsules within 6 hours interval.

He would be fine.
Re: Pls Help My Younger Brother by chikishpilot: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2023
shawante:
whenever you wake up from bed always tell God not to allow you enter trouble that is bigger than you

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Younger Brother by chikishpilot: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2023
A305:
Get him "Niacin" and get him to socialize more with people. If possible, get him a job or enroll him for jamb lesson or learn a trade.

Ensure he takes that niacin drug (one capsule per night) as that will keep him mentally balanced. In worst case scenario, 2 capsules within 6 hours interval.

He would be fine.
thank you sir
Re: Pls Help My Younger Brother by shawante(m): 9:48pm On Feb 03, 2023
Greatzeus:

This is so wrong. You young guys make jokes that are out of place. You can be in a worst mental state than he is in the near future.
Don't ever mock a person's health challenges,you people won't hear.
You see the problem with some africans, someone would say something serious and they'll think the person is joking.

Okay you are waiting till when things get out of hand and he ends up in the market before the OP takes his brother to the hospital thereby making the family a laughing stock abi?

Won't it be in his best interest to take him there now in order for him to be treated properly now that the issue is still in its early stages.

Try using your brain once in a while, it's necessary.
Re: Pls Help My Younger Brother by shawante(m): 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2023
chikishpilot:

thank you sir
I won't advise self medication, try taking your precious brother to the psychiatric hospital for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Re: Pls Help My Younger Brother by shawante(m): 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2023
chikishpilot:

whenever you wake up from bed always tell God not to allow you enter trouble that is bigger than you
Bro i don't know how you interpret my reply but if you check deep down you'll see im actually saying the truth no matter how bitter it may sound.
The reason why i suggested tying him up(which might seem out of place) or better still using a tranquilizer is because if you suggest going to the hospital he'll never agree to it. And I'm sorry if it sounded out of place.
In all i wish your brother a speedy recovery.
Re: Pls Help My Younger Brother by chikishpilot: 10:08pm On Feb 03, 2023
shawante:

I won't advise self medication, try taking your precious brother to the psychiatric hospital for proper diagnosis and treatment.
okay

(1) (Reply)

Urgent: Iboga Treatment Centers In Africa / Piment Doux Face Cleanser Is Just The Best / Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.