Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:59 AM

I Can't Thank God Enough. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Can't Thank God Enough. (955 Views)

My Wife Poisoned My Food But Thank God I Survived - Nigerian Man Reveals / Dad Rejoices, Thank God And FG As Daughter Return From Ukraine / Thank God For A Beautiful Outing To Celebrate The First Day Of The Year. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Thank God Enough. by Xedmark: 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2023
It wasn't funny today, personally I hate taking advantage of situations. Since POS merchants suddenly become a demon in flesh cos of cash scarcity therefore, I decided to go to the bank myself and withdraw some cash. Getting to Access bank, people had already filled the bank premises but no one was allowed into the banking hall except you want to deposit cash. I remember that I wanted to report an error about the bank App as well, so I decided to go in and I had also planned to see if I will be able to talk the bank officials into withdrawing some money.

I was standing at the door when the security guy enquired about what I have in my bag. I opend it so he could see that I have my laptop and few gadget a Tech man should have in my bag. He asked me to enter and made sign with the other security guy in the bank to open the door. Immediately I entered and the door closed the door that will lead me into the bank could not open. My God!!! The other security guy outside was busy gisting while the one inside the banking hall was struggling with the bell he was suppose to press to let me in.... I suddenly remember an American movie I watched and lady got stock in a banking hall door and eventually died.... Within few minutes of this struggle I was already loosing my breath I turned back towards the door that leads outside and shouted eeegbami oooo!!! It wasn't funny I suddenly became an exhibit that everyone suddenly started watching and observing.... In my mind I was like God please don't let me die... The last thing on my mind was the money I wanted to collect... The heat became very serious while the security guys were also running here and there to make sure I get out of the situation.

Within seconds I was seriously sweating and panicking, it was as if the end has come but I bless God cos His thought is beyond this world.

Finally when it seems like live was also leaving me the door suddenly open half way behind me.....the way i pushed the door and jump out wasn't funny. I just bless God for today.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by faithfull18(f): 9:22pm On Feb 02, 2023
Thank God for you😁

I think your thoughts didn't help as well.

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
Thank God for your life. Congrats
Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by Momcherry(f): 9:43pm On Feb 02, 2023
Eeyaa..

Just remember..

At the Beautiful Gate, Peter did not give shishi, he healed the lame Acts:3

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by gasparpisciotta: 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
During that moment if you had been given the option between your freedom and 10million, I guess you would have spontaneously opted for your freedom.
Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by Mindlog: 10:04pm On Feb 02, 2023
I used to be claustrophobic, so reading through brought back some scary memories.

Glad the door got finally opened when it did

1 Like

Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by mylove4God(f): 11:36pm On Feb 02, 2023
Glad you are safe. Honestly I have never thought bank doors could be dangerous like this. It's usually elevator that brings different wild imagination to me, thanks to movies.
Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:39am On Feb 03, 2023
Finally when it seems like live was also leaving me the door suddenly open half way behind m.....the way i pushed the door and jump out wasn't funny. I just bless God for today.[/quote]

You used this phrase "the door suddenly opened" just to make it look like a miracle.

What happens to the concerted efforts of the security men, who left everything else they were doing to make sure the door opened

We shouldn't let religion kill us; we need to start giving credit to whoever it's due.

May those security guys who saved you live long and get rewards for their hard work.

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by Karleb(m): 7:26am On Feb 03, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Finally when it seems like live was also leaving me the door suddenly open half way behind m.....the way i pushed the door and jump out wasn't funny. I just bless God for today.

You use this phrase "the door suddenly opened" just to make it look like a miracle.

What happens to the concerted efforts of the security men, who left everything else they were doing to make sure the door opened

We shouldn't let religion kill us; we need to start giving credit to whoever it's due.

May those security guys who saved you live long and get rewards for their hard work.

Same way they don't credit doctors when they do IVF. Was he expecting that he would get locked in the door permanently?

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by Xedmark: 9:03am On Feb 03, 2023
Well certain people can have PhD in spewing out bullshit. How ungrateful can people be?? the first question is even if the door will open eventually what is the assurance that I wouldn't have passed out before then cos as at when the door eventually opened I was seriously out of breath. If you don't know what to say you can shut your mouth. I owe everything to God cos I don't know why the door got stuck in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by MumEmdy(f): 10:40am On Feb 03, 2023
Xedmark:
Well certain people can have PhD in spewing out bullshit. How ungrateful can people be?? the first question is even if the door will open eventually what is the assurance that I wouldn't have passed out before then cos as at when the door eventually opened I was seriously out of breath. If you don't know what to say you can shut your mouth. I owe everything to God cos I don't know why the door got stuck in the first place.

Whenever a thread like this is being created you will see nairaland philosophers with their different opinion about who or who not to give credit to.

Giving credit to God is not out of place because God alone is the giver of knowledge and wisdom to all including the security guys that eventually open d door for you, a job they are employed for.

I am happy for your safety.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:06am On Feb 03, 2023
Karleb:

Same way they don't credit doctors when they do IVF. Was he expecting that he would get locked in the door permanently?

grin
Nigerians are terrible people

1 Like

Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by Richy4(m): 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2023
Xedmark:
smiley smiley smiley
Just Calm down buddy... You are overreacting.... As you said, the movie that you watched triggered the fear.... People get Stuck in Elevators all the time even for more than one hour... Based on your story, I don't think you stayed up to 25mins.. so chill...Assuming you took a deep breath,It would have been OK anxiety wise.. If you find yourself in an unfamiliar situation like that next time the remedy is Breath in and exhale..

Though You have the right to give credit to whomever you want...Nevertheless, I am happy that you were freed on time.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by culf: 12:29am On Feb 04, 2023
Haba bros, please reduce the way you watch movies please, too much of everything is bad. The movies are messing up your mind already.
Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by Houseofglam7(f): 3:49am On Feb 04, 2023
The endtime crooner should not see this.
Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by yemmit90: 10:24am On Feb 04, 2023
There is belessing in being ignorant sometimes. I had once stucked in the same door for few minutes, and nothing like shortage of breath happened to me.

Our thought and believes are very powerful, it can made or destroyed us. During those period I used to play video games on my system( winning 11 precisely), I normally plays higher levels against computer, maybe level 7 or 8 out of 10?( could not remember). That day I decided to try last and final level (10 or so), and that was how computer started beating me with wide margins. I got fed up and decided to reduce it to level 7/8 in order to enjoy the game. To My utmost surprise, I was actually playing lowest level 1 after I discovered that computer has set it to default . I could not believed this, so I set it back to level 10, and it returned to level 1. I did it several, and i got to know that anytime I set it to level 10, it return to level 1 because level 10 seems not working. I learnt a biggest lesson that day.

We control the nature by our thoughts and believes.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by ibechris(m): 11:47am On Feb 04, 2023
U won't die but to witness a new Nigeria.

Amen!
Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by Justbehave(m): 12:49pm On Feb 04, 2023
Thank God for you your life. Praise be to our God.
Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

You used this phrase "the door suddenly opened" just to make it look like a miracle.

You were not there when the door opened, so how do you know the door didn't suddenly open when he was obviously in a state of panic and anxiety? Either it suddenly opened or not, it is a "miracle" to the Op, so how does it affect you?

Op obviously believed a spiritual being hastened the efforts of the security men before he passed out, and he chose to honor and praise the spiritual being which is God, again, how does his choice affect you?

Religion isn't killing anyone, it is you atheists that sing trash about what Christians do as if your existence is being threatened, live your life the way you want nobody cares, Religious people will continue to live their life as it suits them,

The security guards saved him with the help of GOD ALMIGHTY, their reward is the monthly salary they get, part of their duty is to ensure customers safety.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
Karleb:

Get enlightened or go watch YouTube videos and see stories like the Op, it is possible for him to be locked permanently, suffocate and die

And yes, IVF fails, it has failed countless times, the ability of micro organisms to form another living breathing human cannot be explained by scientists, you think egg and semen has a mind of its own to form only humans? even researchers, all they've successfully proven are assumptions and permutations, never 100% facts, so yes, a supernatural spiritual being made it possible, ours is God, so we choose to credit and honor him, and it doesn't affect your existence.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by Karleb(m): 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2023
Jovialjune1:

Get enlightened or go watch YouTube videos and see stories like the Op, it is possible for him to be locked permanently, suffocate and die

And yes, IVF fails, it has failed countless times, the ability of micro organisms to form another living breathing human cannot be explained by scientists, you think egg and semen has a mind of its own to form only humans? even researchers, all they've successfully proven are assumptions and permutations, never 100% facts, so yes, a supernatural spiritual being made it possible, ours is God, so we choose to credit and honor him, and it doesn't affect your existence.

You are an ungrateful person.

You easily blame doctors for IVF failure but can't acknowledge them when it succeed. I am not even saying you shouldn't glorify God but at least, acknowledge your doctors just like we do in project acknowledgement.

You even call the sex gametes mico-organisms. grin You honestly have no idea how the process works.

Quick question, how many people have died in that door in Nigeria?
Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2023
Karleb:

You are an ungrateful person.

You easily blame doctors for IVF failure but can't acknowledge them when it succeed. I am not even saying you shouldn't glorify God but at least, acknowledge your doctors just like we do in project acknowledgement.

You even call the sex gametes mico-organisms. grin You honestly have no idea how the process works.

Quick question, how many people have died in that door in Nigeria?

No where have I seen anyone blame doctors for IVF failure, instead they say "God knows best" or "it's for a reason". If people choose not to acknowledge doctors it doesn't affect anyone, people also acknowledge God in normal delivery and C.S without mentioning doctors, what makes that of IVF different?

You think Nigeria is so special that tragedies like that can't happen? Your question should be, can people die in that door or not?

1 Like

Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by Karleb(m): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2023
Jovialjune1:

No where have I seen anyone blame doctors for IVF failure, instead they say "God knows best" or "it's for a reason". If people choose not to acknowledge doctors it doesn't affect anyone, people also acknowledge God in normal delivery and C.S without mentioning doctors, what makes that of IVF different?

You think Nigeria is so special that tragedies like that can't happen? Your question should be, can people die in that door or not?

You know what? Have a nice day.
Re: I Can't Thank God Enough. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2023
Karleb:

You know what? Have a nice day.

Bye bye.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Juvenile Deliquencies: / Challenges In Life / I Need Help Badly, Please (casting Out Demons)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.