Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures (27256 Views)

My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm / My Maize Farm In Pictures / My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by OluchiDelly: 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:

Of course

Ok ,thanks.

1. Which farm implement did you use for ridging, it looks neat.
2. Also, ...for planting. cos I observed you did not use wheel seeder.
3. Due to the terrain,I sensed you grow in the north meaning you must have applied fertilizer.
What's your fertilizer regime?
4. Your herbicides regime also.

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
OluchiDelly:

Ok ,thanks.

1. Which farm implement did you use for ridging, it looks neat.
2. Also, ...for planting. cos I observed you did not use wheel seeder.
3. Due to the terrain,I sensed you grow in the north meaning you must have applied fertilizer.
What's your fertilizer regime?
4. Your herbicides regime also.

Ans....
1. I used cattle drawn plough

2. The implement I used was planting how i.e Manually.
3. don't know what you mean by fertilizer regime but i used Golden brand of NPK fertilizer 50kg... Can't tell the exact dimension of the land but a pro. 1hect. I applied fertilizer twice due to poor quality of the soil.

4. I used both contact and systematic herbicide (paraquat and uproots) to control the weed.... Though I have used selective herbicide too but in very limited amount... I used paraquat to control weeds in the farm

10 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2023
Mcreloaded:
Beautiful
Tonnes of thanks
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by boddey99(m): 2:49pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hello brother Weldon job, how did you achieved this maize farming is their no bororo cows around you there,

3 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by morzook(m): 4:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
18 bags after threshing?

RuMiRgO1stSon:
I got whooooooping 18bags 100kg from the farm

With capital of approximately #137,000

7 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by OluchiDelly: 10:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:

Ans....
1. I used cattle drawn plough

2. The implement I used was planting how i.e Manually.
3. don't know what you mean by fertilizer regime but i used Golden brand of NPK fertilizer 50kg... Can't tell the exact dimension of the land but a pro. 1hect. I applied fertilizer twice due to poor quality of the soil.

4. I used both contact and systematic herbicide (paraquat and uproots) to control the weed.... Though I have used selective herbicide too but in very limited amount... I used paraquat to control weeds in the farm

Thanks for sharing.

BTW: see regime below as copied from oxford dic:
​(also regimen) (medical or formal) a set of rules about food and exercise or medical treatment that you follow in order to stay healthy or to improve your health.
or a system or ordered way of doing things.

And to your failed beans project, don't intercrop beans with corn again. The powder (pollen grain) from the tassels is very toxic towards some fragile crops. Have u ever notice itches all over your body when u entered a maize farm during tasseling stage esp by noon,?

11 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Omo9ja147(m): 11:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
When your investment begins to yield grin
wow, nice one ... Were did u get ur seedling from?
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Hamzashaf99(f): 10:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
This is motivating. Keep up the good work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 11:51pm On Feb 09, 2023
morzook:
18 bags after threshing?

yes
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 11:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
Hamzashaf99:
This is motivating. Keep up the good work
thanks

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 11:53pm On Feb 09, 2023
Omo9ja147:
wow, nice one ... Were did u get ur seedling from?
from the village lol

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 12:00am On Feb 10, 2023
OluchiDelly:

Thanks for sharing.

BTW: see regime below as copied from oxford dic:
​(also regimen) (medical or formal) a set of rules about food and exercise or medical treatment that you follow in order to stay healthy or to improve your health.
or a system or ordered way of doing things.

And to your failed beans project, don't intercrop beans with corn again. The powder (pollen grain) from the tassels is very toxic towards some fragile crops. Have u ever notice itches all over your body when u entered a maize farm during tasseling stage esp by noon,?
pollen grain! yes of course, but not on me though😁 my skin doesn't react to it

On the pollen grain being to toxic to other crop, I don't believe thats true because 2021 I plant 3kg of beans under the maize crop and harvest 3bags 100kg size...aprox. 4½bags of beans...
This year's own, is just that water too much for the soil, even the maize crop barely survived the water.

8 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 12:05am On Feb 10, 2023
boddey99:
Hello brother Weldon job, how did you achieved this maize farming is their no bororo cows around you there,
Lol and the funniest thing is that, the farm is just few meters from their grazing route... The indigenous Fulanis are friendly not as the foreign ones though... But those ones come usually during the time of harvest... Those ones are blood suckers, devil incarnate

10 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by OluchiDelly: 5:57am On Feb 10, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
pollen grain! yes of course, but not on me though😁 my skin doesn't react to it

On the pollen grain being to toxic to other crop, I don't believe thats true because 2021 I plant 3kg of beans under the maize crop and harvest 3bags 100kg size...aprox. 4½bags of beans...
This year's own, is just that water too much for the soil, even the maize crop barely survived the water.

i cant say much of beans cos i dont grow it but fragile ones like cucumber and tomato will never do well with corn.

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Omo9ja147(m): 7:23am On Feb 10, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
from the village lol
try seedco seedling next time....u will be surprised...
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 8:21am On Feb 10, 2023
OluchiDelly:

i cant say much of beans cos i dont grow it but fragile ones like cucumber and tomato will never do well with corn.
Oh okay... Hope you will try planting the beans two day😁
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 8:23am On Feb 10, 2023
Omo9ja147:
try seedco seedling next time....u will be surprised...
How and where can I get that?
Cause honestly I want to engage in large scale farming this year.

2 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Omo9ja147(m): 12:36pm On Feb 10, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:

How and where can I get that?
Cause honestly I want to engage in large scale farming this year.
check my profile for my WhatsApp number
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by OluchiDelly: 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:

Oh okay... Hope you will try planting the beans two day😁

Bean get plenty wahala o esp picking the pods is back breaking and the labourers here don't do a thorough job, they will harvest half and ignore the remaining ones.

3 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 10:22pm On Feb 10, 2023
OluchiDelly:

Bean get plenty wahala o esp picking the pods is back breaking and the labourers here don't do a thorough job, they will harvest half and ignore the remaining ones.
Breaking the pod isn't that hard now, machine dey that does that.... In fact the machine we use to thresh the maize here can also be use to break the pods, though you have to winnow it. Though there's also the one that thresh and winnows it too.

Eya! same thing is happening here oo
This beans picking issue ehn, Sometimes I will have to go after them to pick again cause they leave a lot of it on the field..

3 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 10:26pm On Feb 10, 2023
Omo9ja147:
check my profile for my WhatsApp number
Okay.
Kogi! Million miles away😁

2 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by strenghtt: 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
Hey guys
Am here with some cool and tendaful pics from last year farming season...
I couldn't post the pic of how the farm land was cleared for tilling, cause I wasnt around when they clear the field...

pls forgive me, I have started thread about the adventure before, but lost access to the account I wish you guys will enjoy following the thread as it flows....
Thanks

pls what is the size of your farm you planted the maize on
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by SHINJA: 2:56pm On Feb 11, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
After I came back, the corns have aMAIZEingly
grown upto tarsel stage

Wonderful

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Redman44(m): 4:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
How did you control the weeds?
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2023
[quote author=RuMiRgO1stSon post=120830369][/quote]

Honestly I don't know but approximately 1 acre
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:20pm On Feb 11, 2023
strenghtt:

pls what is the size of your farm you planted the maize on

Honestly I don't know but approximately 1 acre
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:25pm On Feb 11, 2023
Redman44:
How did you control the weeds?
I have used range of chemicals from Glyphosate (Force up) (paraquat, atrazine, sulfron) etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2023
Hey guys so I sold my 18 bags of the harvest yesterday Saturday @ #23,000 per bag total #414,000. My largest gain ever in farming 🍾🍾🍾

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 5:16pm On Apr 23, 2023
The profit was massive 😂 I made profit twice the total investment largest ever. Cheers to the resident farmers

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 5:18pm On Apr 23, 2023
So what again was the reason you said you can't farm?

9 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2023
I urge you guys to get off your lazy ass, man up let's bury some seeds this coming raining season

11 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by brain54(m): 5:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
Great…

I have always had interest in crop farming. It’s amazing how you sow a seed into the soil and then it grows into a harvest. It fascinates me honestly. I also think farmers are blessed with good health even in old age.

But I have been a terrible procrastinator when it comes to following up.

Maybe one day I will summon enough of what it takes to go into crop farming. I prefer crops that take a shorter duration before harvest also Like maize and okra maybe pepper.

Enjoy the fruit of your labor though. Person wey work deserve to chop!

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Poultry Workers Bury Eggs To Steal Them (Video) / Gift Udoh: US Honours Nigerian Lady For Contribution Towards Farming [photo] / Guide To Exporting Palm Oil, Palm Kernel Oil And Palm Kernel Shells From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.