Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures (27348 Views)

My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm / My Maize Farm In Pictures / My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Wodu89: 5:47pm On Apr 23, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
I urge you guys to get off your lazy ass, man up let's bury some seeds this coming raining season

Can I ask you some very important questions please ?

2 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Wodu89: 5:58pm On Apr 23, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
I urge you guys to get off your lazy ass, man up let's bury some seeds this coming raining season

Can I ask you some very important questions please ?......!!!
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
Wodu89:

Can I ask you some very important questions please ?
Yes of course feel free
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Wodu89: 10:12pm On Apr 23, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:

Yes of course feel free

One. A worry I have

I want to cultivate maize first weeks of June.This means it will be ready for harvest in August when they're won't be rainfall. Would it be successful? Given that August is break from rainfall
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Tohsynetita1: 10:21pm On Apr 23, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
Hey guys
Am here with some cool and tendaful pics from last year farming season...
I couldn't post the pic of how the farm land was cleared for tilling, cause I wasnt around when they clear the field...

pls forgive me, I have started thread about the adventure before, but lost access to the account I wish you guys will enjoy following the thread as it flows....
Thanks
please I need your number on Whatsapp, my is 0803154250 nine
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by staga: 12:03am On Apr 24, 2023
Wodu89:

One. A worry I have

I want to cultivate maize first weeks of June.This means it will be ready for harvest in August when they're won't be rainfall. Would it be successful? Given that August is break from rainfall

Rain was heaviest last year in August, leading to the flooding that occurred in many parts of Nigeria. NiMET has already predicted a repeat of the same situation this year. There is no more anything like August break due to climate change.

Follow the weather forecasts closely and make your move.

2 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 8:43am On Apr 24, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
please I need your number on Whatsapp, my is 0803154250 nine
Okay

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 8:46am On Apr 24, 2023
Wodu89:

One. A worry I have

Yes of course, though it depends on the maize variety you plan to cultivate, cause there are 2 months varieties, 3 months varieties etc.

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 8:52am On Apr 24, 2023
staga:

Rain was heaviest last year in August, leading to the flooding that occurred in many parts of Nigeria. NiMET has already predicted a repeat of the same situation this year. There is no more anything like August break due to climate change.

Follow the weather forecasts closely and make your move.
Yes you are right, but his concern maybe due to the rainfall pattern where he lives, so if the 8th month is prone to drought the best thing he shall do is plant short varieties. Cause maize crops fails when drought hits, and worst when it happen when its at tassel stage.

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RavagedHeart: 12:38pm On Apr 26, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:

Of course

I'm seriously considering plant agro, but I have some questions.

1. Which part part of Nigeria did you do the farming?
2. How did you acquire the land?
3. How did you get buyers?

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by amadasunfarm(m): 1:15pm On Apr 30, 2023
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Mikelarteta(m): 4:35pm On Apr 30, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
Hey guys
Am here with some cool and tendaful pics from last year farming season...
I couldn't post the pic of how the farm land was cleared for tilling, cause I wasnt around when they clear the field...

pls forgive me, I have started thread about the adventure before, but lost access to the account I wish you guys will enjoy following the thread as it flows....

Thanks

What is the size of the land used for the maize?

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:07pm On May 04, 2023
Mikelarteta:

What is the size of the land used for the maize?
I don't know , maybe 2 acres๐Ÿ˜
Am sorry we don't measure farmland here... Just plant as much seed as you can
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:11pm On May 04, 2023
RavagedHeart:

I'm seriously considering plant agro, but I have some questions.

1. Which part part of Nigeria did you do the farming?
2. How did you acquire the land?
3. How did you get buyers?

Answers to your questions
1. Northeast; Am from Borno state.
2. It's a family land, so free
3. With the help of a friend who's a middle man in agro market. He find buyers and sell it for me.

6 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Ade3131: 2:27pm On May 05, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
So what again was the reason you said you can't farm?

Where are you based?

Some of us are willing to farm but we're not geographically privy as most of you guys up north. There's capital to invest, land might not really be an issue but where to find cheap and honest labourer is one of the many issues we face down south.

Everybody will try to rip you off here. And it's more expensive making a land ready for farming here.

7 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 5:59pm On May 05, 2023
Ade3131:

Where are you based?

Some of us are willing to farm but we're not geographically privy as most of you guys up north. There's capital to invest, land might not really be an issue but where to find cheap and honest labourer is one of the many issues we face down south.

Everybody will try to rip you off here. And it's more expensive making a land ready for farming here.
Am from Borno state.

Eya am so heard that, but you can do most of the work yourself if you have the land to cultivate. I can put you through if you wanted to ...
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Sablexxxtoons: 10:01pm On May 06, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:

Am from Borno state.

Eya am so heard that, but you can do most of the work yourself if you have the land to cultivate. I can put you through if you wanted to ...

Wonderful job bro, congratulations. most haven't realised the real secret behind this success and the profit.

I mean the cattle ploughing.

Pls I would like your guidance on that .I want to have a dedicated team of oxen for ploughing, pls how do I start and what type of plow do you use etc?

2 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 10:27pm On May 06, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:

Wonderful job bro, congratulations. most haven't realised the real secret behind this success and the profit.

I mean the cattle ploughing.

Pls I would like your guidance on that .I want to have a dedicated team of oxen for ploughing, pls how do I start and what type of plow do you use etc?

Well we aren't using oxen to pull the plow, but machine like tricycle both pickup and keke napep type, while others use car etc.
Both the plow and the machine wasn't mine, but Friend's.

2 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Sterlingsolutns: 10:40am On May 09, 2023
I like this your concept - It is simple, efficient and affordable. It is a practical solution to unavailability of farm hands during the planting season I'm not too sure however if this will be workable in the south west with her tough terrain - you will need a lot of stumping One might however use tractor at the first instance and this equipment on subsequent ploughing

Can you please show us the pictures of the plough, the rough and dirty idea of pricing and where we can likely get the equipment

Tnx

RuMiRgO1stSon:

Well we aren't using oxen to pull the plow, but machine like tricycle both pickup and keke napep type, while others use car etc.

2 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by RuMiRgO1stSon: 3:09pm On May 09, 2023
Sterlingsolutns:
I like this your concept - It is simple, efficient and affordable. It is a practical solution to unavailability of farm hands during the planting season I'm not too sure however if this will be workable in the south west with her tough terrain - you will need a lot of stumping One might however use tractor at the first instance and this equipment on subsequent ploughing

Can you please show us the pictures of the plough, the rough and dirty idea of pricing and where we can likely get the equipment

Tnx

I will do that when I went home cause am not at home now and the farming season has not start there yet.
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by ikorodureporta: 11:28am On Sep 12, 2023
The corns look unhealthy////why not sell with the husk
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by ednut1(m): 11:29am On Sep 12, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
Hey guys so I sold my 18 bags of the harvest yesterday Saturday @ #23,000 per bag total #414,000. My largest gain ever in farming ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ
nice
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Pleniry(m): 11:29am On Sep 12, 2023
Nice one
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by NOwazobia: 11:31am On Sep 12, 2023
Revenue?

So, from planting to harvesting is how long?
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Moradeyo95: 11:35am On Sep 12, 2023
How many acres did you use for planting
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by NOwazobia: 11:36am On Sep 12, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
Hey guys so I sold my 18 bags of the harvest yesterday Saturday @ #23,000 per bag total #414,000. My largest gain ever in farming ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ
I already ask about this.

Good one though.

But how long from planting to harvesting?

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by VOTSexchange: 11:38am On Sep 12, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:

Can you please tell us the time you planted the seed and time u harvested them?
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Tickky40: 11:38am On Sep 12, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
The profit is no bad giving your cost of investment... Like how many times do you visit your farm ... Because I want to value your time in the calculation and how long did it take from planting to harvesting... Are there other hidden cost

3 Likes

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by BorisJohnson(f): 11:40am On Sep 12, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:

Oh waitโ€ฆ
You used keke to plough?
Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by AmazingELixir: 11:42am On Sep 12, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
I got whooooooping 18bags 100kg from the farm

With capital of approximately #137,000

grin

Op well-done, an interesting read....you've made me want to go into farming.

Hope herdsmen don't roam through that your axis sha...

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by louken(m): 11:46am On Sep 12, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
I got whooooooping 18bags 100kg from the farm

With capital of approximately #137,000
Bountiful harvest

1 Like

Re: My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures by Pootle: 11:46am On Sep 12, 2023
tinubu love maize cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Poultry Workers Bury Eggs To Steal Them (Video) / Opinion: Immediate Solution To Tomato Scarcity / Guide To Exporting Palm Oil, Palm Kernel Oil And Palm Kernel Shells From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.