Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,038 members, 7,859,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:33 PM

See Ancient States And Maps Of Africa - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See Ancient States And Maps Of Africa (396 Views)

Confusion Hits Russian Troops As Google Disables Traffic Maps In Ukraine / Parts Of United States And Canada West Coast Record Temperatures Above 46°C / All 50 American States And DC Have Certified Their Presidential Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Ancient States And Maps Of Africa by panafrican(m): 4:15am On Feb 07, 2023
1. Ancient states of Africa

2. Africa on a Portuguese map, Year 1505 AD. Color White.

3. Map of Africa , printed in Amsterdam, Netherlands , 1660 AD

Re: See Ancient States And Maps Of Africa by ycat: 5:07am On Feb 07, 2023
The first map is fake.
Post the link to the origin.
Re: See Ancient States And Maps Of Africa by JASONjnr(m): 6:16am On Feb 07, 2023
Nice one 👍
Re: See Ancient States And Maps Of Africa by mysticwarrior(m): 7:13am On Feb 07, 2023
Let me see if I can test my historical broadness on ancient African kingdoms

From the first map I will try and mention the present day locations of those ancient African empires.

Songhai empire located in present day mali.

Wolof empire present day Senegal, I think the wooof language is the language that is spoken more in Senegal.

Ghana empire present day Mali.

Mali empire present day Mali.

Timbuktu present day Mali.

Ashanti empire present day Ghana.

Kingdom of Ife present day Nigeria.

Oyo empire present day Nigeria.

Benin Empire present day Nigeria which extended to Benin republic at its peak.

Kenembu/Bornu empire present day North East Nigeria, Southern Chad, North west Cameroun and Sudan.

Nok culture present day North and center Nigeria.

Hausa land present day Nigeria and Niger.

Kingdom of Kush which is also known as the land of the Nubians, present day Southern Egypt and Northern Sudan.

Kingdom of Nobatia present day Sudan

Dongola kingdom present day Sudan and somalia.

Kingdom of alodia, I don't know which particular African country that one is located but I guess it should be in Sudan.

Da-amat Present day Somalia

Axium is in present day Ethiopia.

Abbysinian Empire, Abbysinia is the former name of Ethiopia with the famous emperor Haile Selasia am not sure If I spelt the name of the emperor correctly.

Swahili coast is located at Tanzania.

Kingdom of Congo, am not sure which of the Congo if it's in present day Congo Kinshasa formerly known as Zaire or Congo Brazzaville.

Kingdom of Lube, present day Uganda.

Mutape am not sure of where that one is but maybe in Zambia.

Great Zimbabwe is in Zimbabwe please note that the country Zimbabwe, Zambia and Mozambique all got their names from the Great River Zambezi.

Mapungubwe is should be in Zimbabwe

Zulu kingdom is not there but I will have to include it to show respect to a powerful warrior African nation. Zulu kingdom is located in South Africa.

Please can somebody, anybody kindly correct me if am wrong, I will really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: See Ancient States And Maps Of Africa by panafrican(m): 12:56am On Feb 08, 2023
It looks like the Songhai empire also stretches to Some parts of present day Mauritania, Niger and Senegal .

(1) (Reply)

Russians Poured Into Bali (Indonesia) To Look For Job / China Does Not Care What The US Does Anymore / Poland Deploys Troops Ready To Annex Western Ukraine Should Ukraine Loose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.