Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? (11172 Views)

How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? / How Many Languages Do You Know? / What Languages Do You Speak? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Emmyk(m): 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2011
El Guapo:

^^ Usted no puede ser grave Sr. Fella shocked shocked shocked
hahaha. You seriously know the Grave site of Sir. Fella Kuti?? Just kidding,
yo hablo solamente un pequeño pedazo de español.

So many brainiacs on nairaland, just dey wonder how guys speak so many Languages, Thank yyal for making this thread lively. Me sef. I'm learning :
Espanol,
French, (my secondary teacher beat the hell outta guys who dont speak it perfectly, it didnt stick long, abeg)
Swahili,
Tamil,
Zulu,
bit by bit, I tell you, IT'S NOT EASY AT ALL, I wish I learnt 'em as a kid cry , no regrets, no one mess with me ontop my 4 Languages cheesy cheesy ! ! [/b]NOT EASY AT ALL, I wish I learnt 'em as a kid cry , no regrets, no one mess with me ontop my 4 Languages cheesy cheesy ! !
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by pendo89(f): 5:19pm On Sep 10, 2011
Fluent? Kiswahili,English, Kyuk.

These swahili speakers a little test

Habari ya leo? umeshindaje?
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Emmyk(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2011
pendo89:

Fluent? Kiswahili,English, Kyuk.

These swahili speakers a little test

Habari ya leo? umeshindaje?
tosha!, Poa sana. Hehehe. Shey I try?
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by BABE3: 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2011
The question says, How many languages Do you speak[b] Fluently[/b]? I see some posters typing things like "Spanish (Not fluently)". Who asked you? Show off?

@ Topic: Yoruba and English.
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2011
~ Ich spreche Deutsch (German)
~ English
~ Yoruba
~ Nigerian Pidgin smiley
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by oneluvb55(f): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2011
english, igbo and pidgin
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by MeGaStReEt: 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2011
Engligh
Niger Delta English
Ishan
Bit of Yoruba and Urhobo
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Afam4eva(m): 8:09pm On Sep 10, 2011
Everybody just they claim to sabi every language. Let's prove it by typing a full sentence of each language you claim to understand. Here's mine.

Igbo - Afam bu Afam

English - My Name is Afam

Engligbo - Afam is Afam

Yoruba - Oruko mi je Afam(Oruko mi ni Afam

Pidgeon English - My name na Afam)
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by BABE3: 9:08pm On Sep 10, 2011
^^ You failed your self-imposed test. grin

Correction;

Yoruba-- Oruko mi n je Afam.
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Abuloma80(f): 11:06pm On Sep 10, 2011
@odumchi (m)
@ Abuloma, Its not too late!

[b]Ok, will it be possible to learn it online? Can you give me a link to any.

afam4eva (m)
@Abuloma, Are u Ijaw?[/b]

[color=#770077][b]No am not, Why did you ask so? Am Fulani, Here are a few sentences in that.

Jam wali , (Good morning)

Jam nyalli, (Good evening)

Jam wala, (Good night)

Toi iftuda? (where are you from)

Hofnu sare (Greet home i.e greet family)

Mi yetti (thank you)
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Abuloma80(f): 11:09pm On Sep 10, 2011
@odumchi (m)
@ Abuloma, Its not too late!

[b]Ok, will it be possible to learn it online? Can you give me a link to any.

afam4eva (m)
@Abuloma, Are u Ijaw?

[color=#770077]No am not, Why did you ask so? Am Fulani, Here are a few sentences in that.

Jam wala, (Good night)

Mi yetti (thank you)
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Smi1(m): 11:20pm On Sep 10, 2011
I can speak Wolof, Yoruba, Hausa, Pidgin English fluently while. I speak and write French , Arabic too
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Abuloma80(f): 11:47pm On Sep 10, 2011
@fyomer

* english
   * pidgin english
   * yoruba
   * ibo
   * hausa

Trying to know French,Fulani and ibibio.can anyone help?

Want to learn Igbo, will teach you Fulfulde (Fulani), Trade by batter kooo? grin grin grin

Lets start with this in Fulfulde. The language is fulfulde of the Fulani tribe.

Jam wala, (Good night)
Mi yetti (thank you)

Counting figures in Fulfulde is by multiplications and additions, (Fulanis are great mathematicians)
The figures are only 1 to 5, and 10, like this, (1=go'o, 2=Didi, 3=Tati, 4=Nai, 5=Joi, 10=sappo) Others are
6=je'ego (5+1),
7=je'edidi (5+2)
9=je'enai) (5+4)

Here comes the maths, 38=sappan e tati, e je'e tati {reads as (10x3) + (5+3)}
47=sappan e nai, je'e nai {read it as (10x4) + (5+2)
That's how it goes to infinity, see my point about mathemaatisc? grin grin grin

Siutu jam, (take rest i.e bye-bye)

What about in Igbo?
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Abuloma80(f): 11:52pm On Sep 10, 2011
@ifyomer
oops correction, pls
47=sappan e nai, je'e didi {read it as (10x4) + (5+2)
That's how it goes to infinity, see my point about mathemaatisc? Grin Grin Grin
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Galaxy7: 12:08am On Sep 11, 2011
Linguistics,
I speak Ibo only
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 11, 2011
Is it Igbo or Ibo?

Ibo people and their inconsistency. How can foreigners get it right when you yourself can't?
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Dgunnerz(m): 12:17am On Sep 11, 2011
Seems am the only one here speaking this special language;Vernacular.
Is there any one else speaking it or still learning?
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Galaxy7: 12:43am On Sep 11, 2011
Igbo/ibo all correct
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 11, 2011
Galaxy7:

Igbo/ibo all correct

Ok, my mistake.
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Galaxy7: 12:55am On Sep 11, 2011
By the way where do you say you belong,Which language?
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 11, 2011
Galaxy7:

By the way where do you say you belong,Which language?

Hint: Most spoken language by non-natives of the language in Nigeria.
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by odumchi: 1:09am On Sep 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Hint: Most spoken language by non-natives of the language in Nigeria.

Then you're Hausa!
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by odumchi: 1:18am On Sep 11, 2011
Abuloma80:

@fyomer

* english
   * pidgin english
   * yoruba
   * ibo
   * hausa

Trying to know French,Fulani and ibibio.can anyone help?

Want to learn Igbo, will teach you Fulfulde (Fulani), Trade by batter kooo? grin grin grin

Lets start with this in Fulfulde. The language is fulfulde of the Fulani tribe.

Jam wala, (Good night)
Mi yetti (thank you)

Counting figures in Fulfulde is by multiplications and additions, (Fulanis are great mathematicians)
The figures are only 1 to 5, and 10, like this, (1=go'o, 2=Didi, 3=Tati, 4=Nai, 5=Joi, 10=sappo) Others are
6=je'ego (5+1),
7=je'edidi (5+2)
9=je'enai) (5+4)

47=sappan e nai, je'e nai {read it as (10x4) + (5+2)
That's how it goes to infinity, see my point about mathemaatisc? grin grin grin

Siutu jam, (take rest i.e bye-bye)

What about in Igbo?

Home.Igbonet.com is a good site for learning Igbo.

Igbo mathematics:

1+1=2 olu yeya olu bu abuo

7-6=1 Asa wepu iso bu olu

7x2=14 Asa ugbo abuo bu iri na ano

Igbo greetings:

Greetings=kedu, ndewo

Good morning=ututu Oma
Good afternoon=Ukori oma
Good Evening= mgbe abali oma
Good night=Kachifo
Response to good night= ka obo
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 11, 2011
odumchi:

Then you're Hausa!

You obviously aren't the best test taker. You cheated in school, didnt you? wink
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by odumchi: 1:38am On Sep 11, 2011
^^^

Hausa is the most spoken second language in NGA. Nearly everyone in the north can speak it so I don't know what you mean,
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by aloyemeka1: 1:40am On Sep 11, 2011
I only speak and understand Batu.
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 11, 2011
odumchi:

^^^

Hausa is the most spoken second language in NGA. Nearly everyone in the north can speak it so I don't know what you mean,

Really? are you sure about that?

Because here i was thinking it was Fulani.
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by HighChief4(m): 2:13am On Sep 11, 2011
Galaxy7:

Igbo/ibo all correct

Enyi, its IGBO and not IBO
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 4:50am On Sep 11, 2011
I currently speak english, oral english, yoruba, oral yoruba, and a little of few others.

please i urgently and sincerely need a FRENCH private teacher. anyone please?? [size=8pt][size=8pt]with pay, if necessary.[/size][/size]

thank you, please reply, cheesy
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Gabrielosayogie(m): 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2011
I speak the Queens English, pidgin English and Bini.
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Barrywhite8620: 12:34pm On Sep 11, 2011
i speak only hong kong(chin chin chu ha ha) grin grin grin grin
Re: How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Barrywhite8620: 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2011
Gabrielosayogie:

I speak the Queens English, pidgin English and Bini.

i wanna learn pidgin, are u gonna tutor me?
How much?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Arab People, Where Are You? @ يخ غخع سحثشن شقشلاهؤ؟ هيثىفهبغ غخعسثم / Arewa People Come In Here / Lawrence Adebajo Installed As Orimolusi Of Ijebu Igbo After 28-Year Legal Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.