Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

a - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / a (2251 Views)

a / Website Review / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

a by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 10, 2011
Re: a by DualCore1: 7:34am On Sep 10, 2011
Nice idea. Please add a fight zone with virtual bottles daggers and guns. grin

Nice read: http://www.amebopost.com/about.php
Re: a by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 10, 2011
Re: a by DualCore1: 7:48am On Sep 10, 2011
Forgotten Password: I entered my email (that's not yet registered on the site), I get a "please relogin" message.
Signup Page: The recaptcha should come before the "Register" button.

Contests Page: The UI is uninviting to a normal person and I think I like it that way tongue
Re: a by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 10, 2011
Re: a by Fayimora(m): 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2011
Yh the UI is so discouraging for a normal person. At least you wont have idiots there and you can have the right stats of programmers using it.

You need a clarification board. One where any contestant can ask questions about a certain question. However, only the administrators can reply. You can make it easy by writing a trainable bot that compares previous questions to current ones and provide answers. when it doesn't have a match, then it mails u or alerts u or something so you can provide an answer

You should have a "report a bug page" so you know what type of bugs you have roaming around your application.

It seems your timezone is fixed(GMT -5 i guess) which is actually confusing. .

Your navigation is not consistent.

The first reference to AmeboPost on your home page is broken. You have http://www/amebopost.com rather than www.amebopost.com

After logging out, i can still use the back button or full link to access my profile . . . oh and yah i can access your profile from the link also tongue

Errmmmm

You please re-login notification is too small,  you can wrap it with a h1 or h2 so its more visible

Errrrmm would be back if i find any more. . . .
Re: a by Fayimora(m): 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2011
Just remembered something,  I think you should call it a WebApp rather than a website! cheesy

Also, you "show code" link. . . . How about you make it slide down and up rather that just appearing. . . .lol
Re: a by skydancer: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2011
I have an unnecessary suggestion, you can make the site bar float on top and the clock realtime smiley
Re: a by Fayimora(m): 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2011
Float on top? I dnt even understan that. . lol anyways how about you separate your navigation bar from tour content. So when i scroll through the content, the navigation bar stays still while the content moves,
Re: a by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 10, 2011
Re: a by bakenda(m): 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2011
0. Nice idea, i like the ugly, geeky design.

1. "Welcome to the programming contests section of AmeboPost."

Thot the site was all about programming contests. What
other sections have you got - and that was on the home
page.

2. I can enter the profile pages of other members simply
by changing the number in the query string

profile.php?id=1

Is that how you want it? Can be a security issue in some
other situations.

Offtopic: where is "Abúlé Múwọnlẹrú" located in Osun State?
Re: a by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2011
Re: a by yawatide(f): 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2011
1) I submitted a blank registration form and got, "thanks for registering"
2) The site could use some pictures
3) On feedback form, y r u saying I "may leave empty" the name and email fields? Then what's the point of the form?
Re: a by ajaxify: 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2011
Hmmmmmm. . . .blanco registrate form eh? Muy muy malo!
Re: a by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2011
Re: a by ajaxify: 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2011
As per the registration form, well, you need server-sided validation.

And you seem to trust javascript very much to do all the work for you eh?

Re: a by yawatide(f): 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2011
Can you please walk me through how you achieved this? I don't understand how you could submit a blank form seeing that the register button doesn't show until all fields are done. That is a not good bug at all o.
I simply clicked the submit button  cool

I honestly tried avoiding this. When it comes to images, I completely suck at putting up something aesthetically pleasing. I believe that, given my sense of art, I'll mess up the site if I were to plaster my idea of images on it. However, I hope to delegate that to someone else someday.
You couldn't have said the bolded portion any better.  You might think it is spending money but trust me, based on experience, in the long run, you will not only be saving money, but you will have happier clients, if you hand over what you can't do to those who can do it.

Some folks like to be anonymous. Since it is a feedback, I do not necessarily have to have their information.
Then why have the form?  You might as well just drop a number and specify an email address and let the chips fall where they may.
Re: a by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2011
Re: a by ajaxify: 5:39pm On Sep 15, 2011
Hold on a minute. I think you are mixing up personalities here. . . .
Re: a by yawatide(f): 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2011
It saves the user lots of time. Instead of having to open another page and sending a message, they can simply use that.
If you are as lazy as I am, the first thing I do on a form is look for the non-mandatory fields and not fill those.

Advice:
Though you may consider it optional, don't tell the user.  Remove the "you may enter" text.
Re: a by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2011
Re: a by ajaxify: 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2011
You are most welcome. Well, i learnt part of my skills from yawatide, so it is not surprising. . .
Anyway, i am exttremely busy at the moment so i cant do a proper review yet, will do better
next time. (aaaand i think you are mixing me up with senor *dhtml - i cannot help but wonder why)
- hasta la vista
Re: a by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2011
Re: a by skydancer: 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2011
omo_to_dun:

My bad. When I saw your quasi-Spanish and your Carambaesque replies, I just assumed it was *dhtml. My apologies!
Hmm, omo, you now read profiles by the users' words? #nobesmallthingo
Re: a by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 15, 2011
Re: a by DualCore1: 8:03am On Sep 16, 2011
If ajaxify no be *dhtml . . . let me marry yawa tommorow!
Re: a by OmniPotens(m): 11:09am On Sep 16, 2011
Dual Core:

If ajaxify no be *dhtml . . . let me marry yawa tommorow!

I will ban you from talking to ladies on this board. I am looking out and watching you ooooo. You no just wan take one person let others have a choice shocked
Re: a by DualCore1: 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2011
Yawa has always been in my number 1 switch/case slot. Na as she never ever gree return true na him make me dey hit other babes as default.
Please don't ban me, I don't want to scrub Google on how to hack and deface lipsrsealed.
Re: a by skydancer: 6:03pm On Sep 16, 2011
Dual Core:

If ajaxify no be *dhtml . . .  let me marry yawa tommorow!
grin I feel like howling with laughter!!!  grin grin grin

dhtml, save yourself o.

btw, guys check this out and post some comments/vote:

http://world2011.itu.int/yourideas/save-poor-ict

It's ending tomorrow. smiley
Re: a by ajaxify: 8:11pm On Sep 16, 2011
Ah wel, am indeed *dhtml. Just playin around. Estos es a fantastico thread. And nice site too.

(1) (Reply)

Your Online Tools For Better Web-email Marketing,smtp,rdp...>> / Great News Invest With www.addanny.com / I'm Having Problem With Google Adsense. Please Help Me Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.