Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,070 members, 7,953,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu (5818 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by hollandis(f): 7:10am On Sep 10, 2011
of course,the only advantage or should i call it influence that a nigerian coach wields on the national team is the fact that he knows these players and maybe gets to watch them on national tv,the only difference a foreign coach has in this regard is the record or what he gets to hear from the press about certain players,for example a foreign coach can decide to field in a yakubu because of the his scoring record in england.i was a strong supporter of siasia before he got the job but with recent performances,actions,statements and inactions , i have no choice than give him a vote of no confidence.i remember the famous youth fifa world cup in egypt,siasia started to falter,i'm seeing glimpses of his gradual fall from grace to grass.i think his problem is his inability to contain massive support,he has suddenly decided to accept mediocrity
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by 12large1: 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2011
me too sef don dey fear. Why is efe ambrose starting for nigeria despite continous rubbish performance and I expect siasia to reward him against ghana by calling him up. We thought sia is different yet he still want to play mikel as playmaker, that has been the begining of failure for eagles coaches in last 4years. Mikel is not a playmaker. Grudges and ego problem when he disagree with you he just drop you dont even care how big the game is. Up till today siasia hasnt forgiven haruna lukman
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by kannymoore(m): 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2011
@ 12large, mikel is super eagles most natural passer of the ball. i challenge you to bring up a name who has better ball passing abilities than mikel in the present super eagles setup. as far as the present super eagles is concerned, it is still a work-in-progress. there is still so much work to do and that is why we've had friendly matches lined up for prosecution. by beginning of next year, during the African nations cup, we shall finally be able to judge the super eagles team but for now, lets just continue to give them the much needed support.

i remember amodu was deceiving us with 1-0 wins until the nations cup finally opened his nyash!

i rest my case.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by ikeyman00(m): 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2011
^^^^^^

stinking and uselsess thread
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by 12large1: 10:16pm On Sep 10, 2011
Kenny sorry but I disagree the kind of passes mikel give are those long passes from middle. Half of the defender clears the ball. Im talking about xavi or david silva kind of passing, someone that would dribble 2players then give that final ball, im talking about a midfilder that can shoot or dribble players even the few minute ekpo played dude look skillful on the ball. Players thats a better option as a playmaker 1. Rabiu ibrahim dude will eat mikel for lunch and breakfast in passing dribble or technique in his last game for psv in 12minutes dude created 2chances and should have scored. 2. Nosa igiebor please go watch olympics games dude is a better playmaking prospect than mikel. 3. Stanley okoro also a great playmaking prospect than mikel. Mind you I think mikel has been a good player just that he shouldnt be played as our main playmaker or tranquerester at best mikel is a pirlo esque deep lying playmaker. This has been the begining of failure for super eagles coaches in last 4 years siasia a word is enough for the wise. As for efe ambrose no comment
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by amor4ce(m): 3:37am On Sep 11, 2011
Since Siasia became head coach how have the Super Eagles fared on the FIFA ranking?
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by oliidell(m): 3:39am On Sep 11, 2011
@12large1; leav siasia alone to do his job the way he deems fit. his records are there to speak for him. im sure u have a job, dwell on urs
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by goldng: 4:27am On Sep 11, 2011
I don't think that Siasia will be worse.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by supaeagles(m): 5:02am On Sep 11, 2011
Quoting what Mr. Mourinho once said:
"But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes"
While mourinho might be a crack-head at-times, he had a point.
We don't have quality players at the moment, so whether na Mr SiaSia or Sir Alex Ferguson the super eagles are what their recent record says they are, and that is Mediocre at best!!
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by seunlayi(m): 7:41am On Sep 11, 2011
the coach appears to depends on big names of some players he belived to be his product like the case of mikel which negative game has been affecting ours game flow he should look inward to other mid-fielders to strengten our game with good ball distribution. .
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by ijigbamigb(m): 8:03am On Sep 11, 2011
supaeagles:

Quoting what Mr. Mourinho once said:
"But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes"
While mourinho might be a crack-head at-times, he had a point.
We don't have quality players at the moment, so whether na Mr SiaSia or Sir Alex Ferguson the super eagles are what their recent record says they are, and that is Mediocre at best!!

TRUE TALK,
Bring in Jose Mourinho to coach our Eagles, he still cant afford to put Mikel on the Bench, our boys are simply no club starters. Taiwo, Odemwinge, Mikel, Obi, Uche, and many more of them are not Club indispensables like Drogba, Eto, Yaya Toure, Makoun, Gervinho and many more, so the problem is the bunch of weaklings we have as players, better find young and teenage chaps that are starters like Aogo and the rest of them,
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by RickyRoss1(m): 8:19am On Sep 11, 2011
USELESS THREAD. SIASIA WILL ACHIEVE FAR MUCH BETTER THAN AMODU. SE IS STILL IN THE REBUILDING PROCESS.
WE WILL JUDGE SIASIA FROM THE NATIONS CUP PROPER, FOR NOW WE MUST LET HIM DO HIS JOB,

U SIT ON YOUR COMPUTER AND TALK RUBISH AS IF U SABI PASS EVERYBODY.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by denitro(m): 8:45am On Sep 11, 2011
The team I saw play against Argentina was no different from Amodu's Super Eagles.
Why should he field MIKEL as a playmaker - it doesn't make sense.
Mikel is not attack oriented and to have a 10 that just gives square passes is
asking for trouble.
MY PROBLEM WITH AMODU WAS THE FACT THAT HE STUPIDLY PLAYED MIKEL AS
A PLAYMAKER NOW SIASIA IS DOING THE SAME THING.
I love Siasia but he should please stop doing that.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 11, 2011
Someone has got too much time on their hands
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by ikeyman00(m): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2011
@@@@@@@@@@@

the same unequipped analyst that never wanted Sia sia in the first place are all out again to talk on what they never know

by the way any suprise??

however one thing certain here is emm i think we all will agree that under Failed amodu attacking football was dead!!!
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by 2sexy(m): 10:28am On Sep 11, 2011
Thank you 12large1. I concur. Rabiu ibrahim will dust Mikel in seconds. Siasia took that chap to Egypt,yet he is so blind to the fact Mikel should displaced.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by mallorca(m): 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2011
a very close friend of mine is currently playing for U23 dream team and super Eagles as well,
He told me that Siasia is no where near Eguavon as Coach, am just confused
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by femi4: 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2011
IF SIASIA IS GOOD OR NOT, HIS RECORDS WILL SPEAK FOR HIM.

For now he hasn't done badly and I will like to refresh you people's memory that the only match Nigeria lost in the ongoing Nations cup qualifier against Guinea in Conakry was when Eguavon was the acting Coach. For now, SE is yet to loose a competitive match in his tenure (I m not referring to friendly matches or the home based eagles)

What else do you want Nigerians?
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by mallorca(m): 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2011
femi4:

IF SIASIA IS GOOD OR NOT, HIS RECORDS WILL SPEAK FOR HIM.

For now he hasn't done badly and I will like to refresh you people's memory that the only match Nigeria lost in the ongoing Nations cup qualifier against Guinea in Conakry was when Eguavon was the acting Coach. For now, SE is yet to loose a competitive match in his tenure (I m not referring to friendly matches or the home based eagles)

What else do you want Nigerians?
Sir Alex Ferguson grin grin
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by Mcleo007(m): 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2011
Siasia is trying an evolutionary formula on the SE. A situation that has two deep lying playmakers and 2 ball-playing wingers. I believe that recipe would help the team. Leave out the Argentina game. With messi in that team, we simply had no chance.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by thuao(m): 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2011
U re wrong, amodu was our coach for how many years, siasia just started lets give him time, like someone after the nations cup.
Competition is a better place rather than just qualifiers or friendlies.
I think the problem is that too much is expected frm the guy by Nigerians myself inclusive. He is no magician, lets give him time & see moreso we only have mediocre players, maybe 1 or I don't know hot player.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by thuao(m): 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2011
U re wrong, amodu was our coach for how many years, siasia just started lets give him time, like someone after the nations cup.
Competition is a better place rather than just qualifiers or friendlies.
I think the problem is that too much is expected frm the guy by Nigerians myself inclusive. He is no magician, lets give him time & see moreso we only have mediocre players, maybe 1 or I don't know hot player.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by rasputinn(m): 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2011
Yes and Bakare is taciturn
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by supaeagles(m): 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2011
For Siasia to be of the same caliber as Westerhof, SE has to win the African Nations cup first in 2012!
How has Egypt won the last 3 cups with mostly home based players??
First things first, we need to qualify for ANC, go super eagles , bring us the fottball glory we fans so desperately crave!!
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by donem: 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2011
mallorca:

a very close friend of mine is currently playing for U23 dream team and super Eagles as well,
why the conclution, or is it because a very close friend of your's who probably is yet to be capped, a bench warmer for the home based super eagles who has got score's to settle with siasia told you so.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by mallorca(m): 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2011
donem:

why the conclution, or is it because a very close friend of your's who probably is yet to be capped, a bench warmer for the home based super eagles who has got score's to settle with siasia told you so.
Oh please!!! He is great player who plays for under 17 under Yemi tella,under 20 under siasia,under 23 under Eguavon and now Super eagle under the same siasia, his absence against ghana cost dream team olympic ticket, mind you he is very close to Siasia than Eguavon, but he answer remain that Eguavon is more exprience and far better than Siasia.shikena
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by fxtopedia(m): 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2011
Nigerians with their problems!
Eguaveon is bad
Amodu is sidon look
Siasia is not good
Onigbide is too stubborn
Foreign coach too expensive
foreign coach is waste of money

All these are craps from same deluded Nigerians that can never be satisfied  

PS: All these people complaining are not doing well in their discipline, but they can open mouth and talk rubbish
in the public. SMH for those pessimistic apologist
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by mikolo08(m): 4:24pm On Sep 11, 2011
mallorca:

Pls Eguavon my ass, how is he better than siasia?.the only problem i have with sisia is that he tends to stick with some players ,who are to me waste of space, what are the likes of solomon okoronkwo,adeleye dele,,even the over hype joel obi.and leaving players like ajilore,chrisantus .even kept some better players in the bench in the game against Argentina.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by Basics007: 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2011
Amodu is good in his own right but he can never be better than Siasia. Though Siasia has his own failings like any mortal being,he needs to be given enough time to work his magic. Rome wasnt built in a day.
An area i would like him to work on though is improving his rapport with his players. Too much fallout here there ala Odemwingie,Etuhu,Enyeama,Mikel,Anichebe,Haruna is not good for team cohesiveness.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by teemon: 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2011
Make some money here o www.ibetam.com
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by digitalclo: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2011
Sia 1 remains the best option we have had after westerhof and Bomfere Jo, since he took over from eguavoen, he has not lost any match in the present CAF nations cup qualifier. Please people should know that result is the only yardstick to rate a coach.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by andyanders: 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2011
hollandis
Poster, are you saying Sisia is bad because of Yakubu? I think Yakubu paid you to talk bad about the Coach. If you like it or not, Yakubu cannot be admited back to the national team, even if he has paid you to attack the coach.
Or you want your father to become coach. U are useles--sswhiteman cannot be coach in this Country again. Because of their colour, you people feel inferior. We are black and proud. Let Sisia lead the National team. When he is out, we bring another 9JA man. wwe cannot pay another white banana to lead our national team again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Mexicans Are Saying About Nigeria On Twitter / Performance Update Of Nigerian Players In Europe / Swaggericious Burkina-faso's Bance So Much On Point (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.