Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,292 members, 7,846,324 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order (40289 Views)

Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment / Banks Begin Collection Of Old Naira Notes Despite CBN’s Denial Of Directive / Bank ATMs Still Dispensing Old Naira Notes, Despite CBN’s Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by azpekuliar: 7:53pm On Feb 10, 2023
jaymichael:
You that is not misguided, how much of the new notes do you have?

Not a lot. Anything that I cannot pay for with a POS machine, I can certainly do without.
Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by christistruth01: 7:54pm On Feb 10, 2023
Buddha3:

State Government should revoke their Certificate of Occupancy, on what grounds please?

Economic Sabotage of the State

The State assembly will definitely approve it and the Supreme court has already settled the matter

1 Like

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by babtoundey(m): 7:54pm On Feb 10, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

No problem continue collecting.Its just that you can only deposit it at the supreme court and not any commercial bank after today

You keep saying nonsense. It looks like you have something to gain and you are less concerned about the hardship the badly implemented naira policy is having on Nigerian populace. When injustice favours you, it's justice. When it contradicts your gains you become the guardian of the truth.

How do you want people to survive? Is the new notes in circulation. Emeziere and whoever supports this unnecessary policy either because of perceived political gain or any other selfish interest will taste no peace.

6 Likes

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by azpekuliar: 7:54pm On Feb 10, 2023
litigator:

By law, one can still deposit old notes in the bank even after due date

At a Central bank branch o, not a commercial bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by HellVictorinho7: 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
jasent:

Banks don't take orders from court,they take from CBN. Go and burn your old note,you were given enough time to deposit it
keep bashing yourself

1 Like

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by matm: 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
Deposit your old naira notes and go Hungary.

1 Like

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by maestroferddi: 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
LegendHero:
They will soon reverse it and send another announcement out.

No cause for alarm. Anyone with the old note should keep calm, they will have enough time to deposit it to the bank.

No law can render someone penniless from their hard earned money.

Elo fokan bale.
You better arrange to dispose your old notes latest on Wednesday....

I see the CBN closing the window on Wednesday after the yeye injunction has been vacated...

Buhari is not bulging on this...

The moment banks start dispensing cash via their ATMs, the old notes will turn worthless papers in the hands of those still keeping them...
Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by ipobarecriminals: 7:56pm On Feb 10, 2023
grin by the time dey destroy una banks,una go get sense

3 Likes

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by dalass(f): 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2023
LegendHero:
They will soon reverse it and send another announcement out.

No cause for alarm. Anyone with the old note should keep calm, they will have enough time to deposit it to the bank.

No law can render someone penniless from their hard earned money.

Elo fokan bale.

Don't mind all the broke ass people here rejoicing. That was how the banks mopped up all the cash leaving many desperate and causing chaos.

They never burn their banks nor beat sense into their empty heads.

I collected old notes yesterday, paying 5700 for 5000. I am spending jejely. No rush whatsoever. grin

I canr be queuing endlessly for what's mine. My own money o. Radarada undecided
Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by Angelfrost(m): 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2023
brightDdon:

Big fat lie,,

I made on the counter deposit of old note today without stress or question.

Stop misinforming people.

You for chill till Monday na...! tongue
Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by Angelfrost(m): 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
maestroferddi:
You better arrange to dispose your old notes latest on Wednesday....

I see the CBN closing the window on Wednesday after the yeye injunction has been vacated...

Buhari is not bulging on this...

The moment banks start dispensing cash via their ATMs, the old notes will turn worthless papers in the hands of those still keeping them...

That's what some Nigerians don't get... Na from crooked politicians Dem dey get mind from!

If over this weekend, lots of new notes become available, they are in trouble with their old notes.

Imagine going to bank next week to deposit old notes, and bank pointedly refuses to accept them... Which law you wan quote or which fire you wan rain down?!!

Nigerians should learn to be safe than sorry!

A lot the APC politicians using their heads have since stopped using the old notes!

2 Likes

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by Fame1309(f): 8:03pm On Feb 10, 2023
brightDdon:

Big fat lie,,

Go tomorrow with old naira note to confirm.pls come back here to give us the result.

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by Daneto: 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
I wonder how most Nigerians think: new currency dat is not aboundantly in circulation obviously, una de here de defend Apex bank, CBN with their mumu policy. "Old currency seized to b legally tender as from on the 10th",make I ask how much of d new currency de una possession? After una mama don struggle make eba give una chop finish, Na to come nairaland com disgrace her for here. Make GOD give una sense dis year.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by colossus2: 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:
People are still c9llecting the old notes as of this afternoon that I went to the restaurant. If the people cooperate, there is little the CBN can do until they mop up the old notes completely. If the commercial banks don't collect the old note(which is doubtful), they risk going bankrupt if customers decide to start keeping their cash at home.
Wrong logic sir. It doesn't work that way.
Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by emu22(m): 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2023
Alot of rubbish commments here,the old naira is still a legal tender according to the apex court and no bank or baga can change that,make monday reach make dem do nonsense first.
Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by Upworkwriter007(f): 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2023
Buddha3:

I can't bring old money to you cause I don't have it. Don't even have the new notes. I've long been doing cashless transactions as far back as late 2020. I've grown into it, and my wife equally has the same preference.

So I haven't exactly shared in all of these lamentations.
40% of Nigerians don't have a bank account, over 30% of nigerians are illiterate and can't go cashless as you. What do you suggest they do? Especially the 40% without a bank account. In my maternal village there's no single bank till you journey for about an hour. Really! people like you will make very terrible leaders as you can't see things outside your life privileges. I'm happy PO, who's even richer sees beyond this myopic view of yours. You don't give a damn whether almost half of nigerians can feed or not because you're okay?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by Tflex01: 8:17pm On Feb 10, 2023
Baddosqqi:

I thought it was a rumour that you guys are wicked, but Emefiele has nailed it finally that wickedness is an understatement! You guys are evil!

Their hate for Tinubu has made a monster out of them.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by wallarwallar(m): 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

No problem continue collecting.Its just that you can only deposit it at the supreme court and not any commercial bank after today

You guys deserve nothing but generational suffering with your family. Just because of politics you want everybody to suffer . May God punish ur generations

1 Like

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by Banhammy717: 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
Traders have stopped collecting old naira notes here in Suleja since yesterday Thursday
Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by Tflex01: 8:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
babtoundey:

You keep saying nonsense. It looks like you have something to gain and you are less concerned about the hardship the badly implemented naira policy is having on Nigerian populace. When injustice favours you, it's justice. When it contradicts your gains you become the guardian of the truth.

How do you want people to survive? Is the new notes in circulation. Emeziere and whoever supports this unnecessary policy either because of perceived political gain or any other selfish interest will taste no peace.

Amen!!!
Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by michealewela: 8:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

That's what some Nigerians don't get... Na from crooked politicians Dem dey get mind from!

If over this weekend, lots of new notes become available, they are in trouble with their old notes.

Imagine going to bank next week to deposit old notes, and bank pointedly refuses to accept them... Which law you wan quote or which fire you wan rain down?!!

Nigerians should learn to be safe than sorry!

A lot the APC politicians using their heads have since stopped using the old notes!
I'm in auchi Edo state, I collected 100k from someone this evening i only saw one new note out of hundred pieces. It seems strange that some people are happy about this issue.
Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:34pm On Feb 10, 2023
Anarchy is brewing and some people don't seem to see it ! Anyway,commercial banks will still have to accept the old currency into their vaults,this will become clearer to them and all the doubting Thomases before Monday.

And if the commercial banks refuse to open their offices/branches for business,as some of them have been doing,they will only be setting themselves up for the unthinkable - the people's wrath ! As for those who are saying commercial banks don't take orders or instructions from the Supreme Court,that's very laughable,guys ! Is the CBN independent of the Nigerian constitution or does it operate with a different constitution and laws if its own ?

No CEO of any commercial bank will openly refuse to accept deposits,with the old currency notes,into his or her bank vault,on or before February 15th,without risking a jail term ! Even Mr Emefiele can't try such before February 15th !

1 Like

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by JAWBONE(m): 8:35pm On Feb 10, 2023
Banks are inviting another round of chaos and destruction on themselves.

The policy is old notes ceases to become legal tender today but banks are to keep on accepting old notes till 17th.

With the amount of old notes I saw today coupled with the scarcity of new notes, any bank will be foolish to reject old notes. People will just go on another destruction spree
Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by bizhop01: 8:41pm On Feb 10, 2023
If you follow supreme court you're on your own
Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by Kingcalls: 8:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
LadyExcellence:
May God help us in this country

I pray that God touches the heart of a good samaritan to help you dear, this is so sad

I clicked on Grace127 and it directed me to mystic216
Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:48pm On Feb 10, 2023
brightDdon:

Big fat lie,,

Today is 10th,the final day.. grin
Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by DrMuzungu(m): 8:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
The entire wahala about old and new naira notes... those who created it should be tried for grand treason.

1 Like

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:59pm On Feb 10, 2023
Upworkwriter007:
People are still collecting old notes. it like CBN has their own law, while the populace has another. This is the definition of anarchy

What else do you want the masses to do sir ??

Banks are hoarding the new notes and selling it to the highest bidders. The new notes isn't circulating and even the old ones too isn't circulating. Buhari and CBN are making the masses go through harsh hardships. It's really unfortunate!

1 Like

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by soojar(m): 9:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
JoeNL22:

Lol.....I ain't surprised. I told someone the DEADLINE will stay, some people where saying rubbish. We need to starting educating Nigerians on the rule of law and the constitution of Nigeria.

Nothing to educate about. You guys are just being a pun in a power play. Buhari knew all along he was going to extend it, just wanting you people to think it's not his choice.

Today again he called past presidents for advice on it (as if they were in the know when he started his game in the first place), now those ones have told him to allow the two currencies to run side by side. Now Buhari will come out to tell you as a result of the hardship and supreme court order and also the advice of past presidents, deadline has been shifted.

As I said this is 'political juggernaut' and some gullible people are being taken for a ride.

We learn everyday

2 Likes

Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by rezky(m): 9:04pm On Feb 10, 2023
ChangetheChange:

https://gazettengr.com/despite-supreme-court-order-stanbic-ibtc-union-bank-others-insist-on-rejecting-old-naira-notes/

Make una leave them., dem just dey play.
This is an opener for Nigerians.., Banks is worthless we can do better without dem.. Let's all boycott this useless banks
Re: Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order by jrobbins: 9:10pm On Feb 10, 2023
Gilgil:
The deadline means that collection of old notes will be on until close of business today.

Try depositing your old notes tomorrow and see. Thats if the commercial banks are still open to collect deposits on weekends.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15 Biggest Employers In The World. / Elon Musk Mocks Jeff Bezos' Attempt To Develop Immortality Tech / What Is The Best Answer For "How Did You Get My Number?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.