Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. (20606 Views)

My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos } / I Disowned My Mother / Shalom Shoremi: Lesbian Disowned By Family On Newspaper For Same Sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Zupay: 6:48am On Feb 11, 2023
My cousin's son has been a source of disturbance to me for the past 2 weeks.

The background story.

My cousin got pregnant with him when she was 19 but the father who then in his mid 20s denied the pregnancy in the presence of both families and went on to claim the reason he gave her money to procure an abortion was because he was only one of the guys sleeping with my cousin at the time (which was a blatant lie) and it was his own contribution.

My Uncle and Aunt (my cousin's parents) had to accept the guy's denial and solely took care of my cousin's pregnancy. Her son was born in 2007 and bears my Uncle's name, he was taken care of by his grandparents, uncles and aunts as his mother went back to school and graduated. My cousin got a better paying job in 2015 and moved out of their family house with her son, who is presently in S.S.2.

The biological father resurfaced sometime last year in May, starting to make claims and all. He went directly to the boy's school to introduce himself and starting meeting the boy, buying him things without my cousin's knowledge until the man showed up at my uncle's house with some of his relatives but my uncle didn't receive them.

The boy was becoming rude to his mother, talking back at her, telling her he would push for a change in his surname to that of his biological father, became cold to his grandparents etc To cut long story, he moved to his father's house in August of last year and resumed school from there. My cousin (his mother) was seriously sick in October of last year, this boy never bothered to call on his mother despite knowing of her illness and he has a phone he uses freely.

My cousin (his mother) relocated to the UK early this January, on a skilled worker visa as she works in a children' home and have made up her mind to refocus on getting married and having other kids. Her son has been calling her, which she has never picked also sending her long stories of how his father's wife have been maltreating him even in the presence of his father and the father would say nothing. Pleading with the mother to bring him over to the UK to live with her (her visa allows her to bring her son to the UK easily since he is under 18) but my cousin have not been replying him and this boy has been disturbing me to talk his mother on his behalf as I am very close to my cousin.

I have spoken to my cousin severally and she insisted she has washed off her hands where her son is concerned, that she doesn't want him around her as she needs to live singly and have a relationship that would lead to marriage, that she really wants to settle down.

I have told the boy to concentrate on finishing secondary school but he seems obsessed with wanting to relocate to the UK though my other cousin (his mother's younger brother) has confirmed that the boy is having it rough living with the father, his wife and other children.

I believe his mother has a right to have a new lease of life.

This boy is always messaging me asking for updates, I don't know what else to tell him!

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Pay4u: 6:51am On Feb 11, 2023
Ok

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:58am On Feb 11, 2023
Let the boy get-out...

Let his mom start her life again.. No time to check time.. There are orphans that are doing well in life..

Any pikin wey wan wayward we go wayward follow am

392 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by JONSYN7154: 7:00am On Feb 11, 2023
Serve him right

176 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Kobojunkie: 7:01am On Feb 11, 2023
Zupay:
I have spoken to my cousin severally and she insisted she has washed off her hands where her son is concerned, that she doesn't want him around her as she needs to live singly and have a relationship that would lead to marriage, that she really wants to settle down.

I have told the boy to concentrate on finishing secondary school but he seems obsessed with wanting to relocate to the UK though my other cousin (his mother's younger brother) has confirmed that the boy is having it rough living with the father, his wife and other children. I believe his mother has a right to have a new lease of life. This boy is always messaging me asking for updates, I don't know what else to tell him!
The boy is 16/17, right? He made his choice to be with his father and she let him go. So why are you trying to carry his case on your head? undecided

287 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Mokason288(m): 7:02am On Feb 11, 2023

Please can I have your cousin sisters contact

I’m seriously searching for a wife

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Mindlog: 7:15am On Feb 11, 2023
The mother should continue to ignore him because bringing him to the UK will be a huge mistake on her part, as the boy would so frustrate her.

Let him enjoy his father's love and care, the mother has tried.

358 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Janesouthall: 7:17am On Feb 11, 2023
Mokason288:

Please can I have your cousin sisters contact

I’m seriously searching for a wife

Na wa ooo....so all you are interested in this story is the cousin contact....shey ladies don Finnish for ur area ni....

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by michlins(m): 7:22am On Feb 11, 2023
You read some stories and you wish they're a Nollywood script but unfortunately, they're are not

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by dopedealer(m): 7:27am On Feb 11, 2023
This boy na prodigal Son o. .
I am angry with him for abandoning his Mum that raised him from cradle to SS2 in just a short period of time he knew his Dad ,which I assume he should be btw 15-17 years now . .

I like your cousin for not fighting back for the custody of the child and also focusing on her career and future.i am impressed by her level of progress and plan to leave once more, as a single lady so she can settle down @and get married in good time to start the very much deserved family she would prefer.

The father is already married to another woman with children so there is not point of expecting any reconciliation moves from him .. This Child is his, according to him now. So shuld therefore be his responsibility and bility alone.

@Op your Cousin tried , she even gave him a sound education .. He would soon be writing Jamb soon , I hope he secures admission into any of the Nigerian universities in the next 2 years.

154 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Mokason288(m): 7:30am On Feb 11, 2023
Janesouthall:

Na wa ooo....so all you are interested in this story is the cousin contact....shey ladies don Finnish for ur area ni....
The ladies In my area are not interested in having a serious relationship that should lead to marriage

Have you heard of Asaba gals

14 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Janesouthall: 7:47am On Feb 11, 2023
Mokason288:

The ladies In my area are not interested in having a serious relationship that should lead to marriage

Have you heard of Asaba gals

No....I have not!!!

7 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by frozen70(f): 7:55am On Feb 11, 2023
Zupay:
My cousin's son has been a source of disturbance to me for the past 2 weeks.

The background story.

My cousin got pregnant with him when she was 19 but the father who then in his mid 20s denied the pregnancy in the presence of both families and went on to claim the reason he gave her money to procure an abortion was because he was only one of the guys sleeping with my cousin at the time (which was a blatant lie) and it was his own contribution.

My Uncle and Aunt (my cousin's parents) had to accept the guy's denial and solely took care of my cousin's pregnancy. Her son was born in 2007 and bears my Uncle's name, he was taken care of by his grandparents, uncles and aunts as his mother went back to school and graduated. My cousin got a better paying job in 2015 and moved out of their family house with her son, who is presently in S.S.2.

The biological father resurfaced sometime last year in May, starting to make claims and all. He went directly to the boy's school to introduce himself and starting meeting the boy, buying him things without my cousin's knowledge until the man showed up at my uncle's house with some of his relatives but my uncle didn't receive them.

The boy was becoming rude to his mother, talking back at her, telling her he would push for a change in his surname to that of his biological father, became cold to his grandparents etc To cut long story, he moved to his father's house in August of last year and resumed school from there. My cousin (his mother) was seriously sick in October of last year, this boy never bothered to call on his mother despite knowing of her illness and he has a phone he uses freely.

My cousin (his mother) relocated to the UK early this January, on a skilled worker visa as she works in a children' home and have made up her mind to refocus on getting married and having other kids. Her son has been calling her, which she has never picked also sending her long stories of how his father's wife have been maltreating him even in the presence of his father and the father would say nothing. Pleading with the mother to bring him over to the UK to live with her (her visa allows her to bring her son to the UK easily since he is under 18) but my cousin have not been replying him and this boy has been disturbing me to talk his mother on his behalf as I am very close to my cousin.

I have told the boy to concentrate on finishing secondary school but he seems obsessed with wanting to relocate to the UK though my other cousin (his mother's younger brother) has confirmed that the boy is having it rough living with the father, his wife and other children.

I believe his mother has a right to have a new lease of life.

This boy is always messaging me asking for updates, I don't know what else to tell him!

His father created the problem his mother have been managing with the mother's family

He was so stupid to allow his dad to frustrate his life

I think she has to ask his father to do a DNA test at least to be sure he is biological father

Convince the boy to finish his secondary school at least let him have a foundational certificate

Lastly, I stand with his mother not to bring him over there, he is no longer the child she use to know, he is now a naughty boy

I agree with the mother that she wants a life of her own and she wants to settle down for marriage, so she should be allowed to find her own home
When the time comes she will know how to assist him

Now for you, just tell him that she has blocked your line and she has warned you never to call her again

Thats the only way you can be free from his disturbance on you, but if you are ready to carry that child along, out of pity, you can take over as his father and mother

But don't come here to give any complain about him as you will be his target one day

122 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:05am On Feb 11, 2023
He want to go to the UK because someone told him that his mother can take him coz I don't see why he just think his mother can take him to the UK when she just relocated...
Are you thinking what I am thinking... All na scope grin

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Mindlog: 8:16am On Feb 11, 2023
Jamesbiodun:
He want to go to the UK because someone told him that his mother can take him coz I don't see why he just think his mother can take him to the UK when she just relocated...
Are you thinking what I am thinking... All na scope grin

Yes, we can't discount the father being in the background of the desire to have him move to the UK. 🤣🤣🤣

I work here in the UK, in a company that recruits workforce from overseas and some of my colleagues who are single mothers who have no one to leave their child/children with back home in their home countries, had to arrive with their kids though it is better to come alone first, then after 2/3 months file for the child/children to come join them.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Duchessree(f): 8:17am On Feb 11, 2023
I wonder how some teenagers behave sometimes o, the boy should bear the repercussion of his actions.

If the boy is having it rough staying with his father, can't he go and stay with his grand parents??
And why is he so adamant about going abroad? Your cousin has not even spend up to 3 months there.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:19am On Feb 11, 2023
Mindlog:

Yes, we can't discount the father being in the background of the desire to have him move to the UK. 🤣🤣🤣

I work here in the UK, in a company that recruits workforce from overseas and some of my colleagues who are single mothers who have no one to leave their child/children with back home in their home countries, had to arrive with their kids though it is better to come alone first, then after 2/3 months file for the child/children to come join them.

That is really my thought

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by KingMack(m): 8:24am On Feb 11, 2023
KARMA na patient gangster tongue

35 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Sucre6: 8:33am On Feb 11, 2023
The boy took after his dead beat fathers in terms of running away from his problem instead of staying put and solving it, he's a freeloader just like his dad, fair weather human being, your cousin on the other hand is an amazing human being, a rear breed at that, she didn't fight custody, rather focused on building her self and it has yielded her a lot of result, the boy on the other hand is an opportunist, the question is, if your cousin had remain in Nigeria suffering would he come crying to come back to her? The mom was sick and dying in Nigeria he didn't care to come see her.

Well your guess is good as mine, but he knows going to UK mean better life and all of a sudden he misses his mummy and want to be with her, he should get out

Stop responding to him, let him learn the hard way. It's a life lesson for him as he grow up he will know how to face responsibilities and not running away from it.

He should get the fvck out😠

Your cousin has a golden heart and I wish she finds joy and remarries ✌😎

132 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Blingchic(f): 8:52am On Feb 11, 2023
Like father like son, I hope your cousin never recapitulates on her decision, she can still support him financially but let her not make the mistake of bringing him over. A child that is lawless in Nigeria will go abroad and make her life a living hell, he has made his bed, he should lie on it

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Richy4(m): 8:58am On Feb 11, 2023
He got carried away with the gifts and good stuffs the runaway father was dangling before him... And forgot all the sacrifices the mother made..

Very typical of Some teenagers... they like the best things in life.. Not that he was sorry but he heard of UK, and his body is shaking and shivering...

Please let him learn the common basic lessons life has to offer...OP stop pressurizing your cousin... Just take him to a good restaurant, buy him peppersoup and soft drinks, and take him down to memory lane on his mother and Grandparents sacrifices and efforts. How his father denied him etc... and ask him if what he did and how he handled issues was right... Some times it's good to revisit issues like that lest we forget..

Leave him with that guilty conscience... It will make him wiser... Tell him that when you have seen some changes in him, you will know..

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:08am On Feb 11, 2023
If the boy continues to disturb your peace, then block his number, let him live with his dead beat father/step mother, since that was who he chose. He is a bad child, and his bad step mom is just the right person to handle him.

Your cousin should NEVER take him abroad, or send a Kobo to him, he is an evil' child. He saw the pain his mom passed through, but still abandoned his mom and went to his father. He will cause her mom pain if he travels to join her.

I wish that your cousin will have her heart desire, and find a man to start life soonest.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Klass99(f): 9:18am On Feb 11, 2023
smiley

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Zupay: 9:27am On Feb 11, 2023
Thank you all for your insights. I won't disturb my cousin anymore regarding him.

I will be firmer with him not disturbing me because he can't even dare communicate with any of his mother's siblings because he really made them look foolish when he was behaving as if his father was the wronged party and he is no longer welcomed in my uncle's home (his grandparents home) because it was to my uncle's hearing in one of the times he said he would change his surname, so they no longer feel comfortable having him around them though he has tried to apologize.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Richy4(m): 10:06am On Feb 11, 2023
Zupay:

I will be firmer with him not disturbing me because he can't even dare communicate with any of his mother's siblings because he really made them look foolish...
Be firm with him when issues of UK or joining her mother comes up.. but other than that, please be nice...he is a teenager and they make mistakes...It won't be Ok for him to know that no one cares...U are the only link now between him and his mother's siblings... Apply wisdom on this buddy...

Teenagers of this days are not strong as the '80s and '90s... Every little thing, their mind goes on suicide... Just hang in there for him man no matter how exhausting it might be... That's the ugly and challenging part of being an uncle... I wish that title can be renounced sometimes.. smiley

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by PapaHadum: 10:07am On Feb 11, 2023
Foolishness runs in that lineage.

That foolish son and his father may kill that gullible woman even in UK

Life of indiscretion is not worth living!

🤔👌

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by techWriter3: 10:14am On Feb 11, 2023
exercise him right
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by dominique(f): 10:15am On Feb 11, 2023
Sebi deadbeat apologists will be saying children abandoned by their deadbeat fathers to go and hear the father out, go and hear his side of the story. What side of the story do you expect such men to give such child other than vicious lies against the mother? In most cases (if the man holds small change) the child stupidly believes the lies of a parent that wanted him ripped out and torn to shreds as a foetus over the one that cared and natured him from infancy till date. I'm so happy the lady in this op changed her fortunes for good. If she was still struggling to survive, the boy will continue to resent and disrespect her with his useless father's full support. He might even get married without involving her with his father and stepmother standing in as parents. Now with the way the mother's story has changes for good, there's no way the child won't resent his father. I hope he breaks his head one day grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Klass99(f): 10:21am On Feb 11, 2023
smiley

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Authoreety: 10:24am On Feb 11, 2023
Warn the boy sternly to stop disturbing you guys

11 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by dominique(f): 10:25am On Feb 11, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
If the boy continues to disturb your peace, then block his number, let him live with his dead beat father/step mother, since that was who he chose. He is a bad child, and his bad step mom is just the right person to handle him.

Your cousin should NEVER take him abroad, or send a Kobo to him, he is an evil' child. He saw the pain his mom passed through, but still abandoned his mom and went to his father. He will cause her mom pain if he travels to join her.

I wish that your cousin will have her heart desire, and find a man to start life soonest.

The saddest part of it all is that father never wanted the boy or anything other than to use him to "pepper" his mother. That's what deadbeat fathers do, try to put the child they abandoned against the mother that struggled alone to raise him. Now that she has thrown their bullshit back at them, that man will start getting irritated with the boy and the boy will start resenting him for making him miss a life changing opportunity. There's no way both of them won't break each other's heads which they both deserve. Useless father and stupid child, they both fit each other die.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:40am On Feb 11, 2023
I totally agree with you. From the OPs write up, if you calculate you will realize that the mother is already in her late 30s. This is the perfect time for her to cut off every pain of the past, dump all baggages, and move on with her life. She can't be suffering till death for a pregnancy mistake she made at 19yrs.

According to the OP, the father was in his 20s when he denied the pregnancy. Not only did he deny the pregnancy, he also lied that the girl was sleeping with other men. So you can see the pain the 19yrs old girl passed through, then after all that pain, here comes the son showing the exact trait of his father. What manner of son hears that his biological mother is sick, yet ignores her? What manner of son abandons his mother despite the painful circumstances of his birth? He is bad, he will continue to cause her pain, his father's evil traits are in him.
dominique:

The saddest part of it all is that father never wanted the boy for anything other than to use him to "pepper" his mother. That's what deadbeat fathers do, try to put the child they abandoned against the mother that struggled alone to raise him. Now that she has thrown their bullshit back at them, that man will start getting irritated with the boy and the boy will start resenting him for making him miss a life changing opportunity. There's no way both of them won't break each other's heads which they both deserve. Useless father and stupid child, they both fit each other die.

32 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? / Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home / Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.