Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,522 members, 7,850,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:04 AM

5 Ways To Homeschool Your Two Year Old Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Ways To Homeschool Your Two Year Old Child (232 Views)

Woman Abandons 4-Year-Old Child In Gambling Shop As Collateral After Huge Losses / My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering / She Ran And Left Me With Our 1-Year-Old Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Homeschool Your Two Year Old Child by livingoutsidetb(f): 2:56pm On Feb 11, 2023
My two year old son was in Nursery one, unable to talk nor ‘write’ when he was called a baby. His inability to talk was later discovered to be part of his autism symptoms.

Anyways, while I was still believing that the delay was just part of his growing processes, his class teacher at the time already wrote him off. She once complained that he behaved like a baby which was shocking to me who had no experience in early childhood education. If not for the rat race of the world we found ourselves in, shouldn’t a two-year-old still be at home enjoying the comfort of his mother’s endless cuddles? In fact, a two-year-old is still considered to be an infant!

If I knew the things I know now, I would have treated that experience as a cue to pull my son out of school sooner. Alhamdulillah (praise be to God) in every circumstance.

As a homeschooling Mum, I often hear things like; “How can I homeschool my two-year-old?” or “my two-year-old is too playful.”

Firstly, we need to understand that despite how much it is been normalized, two-year-olds don’t need school, they need you. Also, play is the work of a child. These words were said by renowned psychologist, Jean Piaget, and Maria Montessori.

Homeschooling a two-year-old is not necessary because most children at this age are still in the early stages of language and social development. They will benefit more from social interactions and play opportunities.

However, this does not imply that you should not engage your two-year-olds in any activities at all, but rather that you should design these activities to support their developmental journey by providing a nurturing and stimulating environment in which they can explore, learn, and have fun through play-based learning and establish routines.

Below are 5 activities to consider for your two-year-old child and how each will contribute to the development of your child’s growth:

Reading books, and telling stories: Reading and telling stories to two-year-old children can help them improve their vocabulary, comprehension, and communication skills. It also helps them develop their imagination and creativity as they imagine the characters and events. This is a fun and enjoyable activity that strengthens a child’s bond with their caregiver. Reading books and listening to stories can introduce children to new ideas and concepts, as well as help them understand their surroundings.

Playing with open-ended toys (blocks, puzzles, etc): These toys can aid in the development of children’s problem-solving, spatial reasoning, and hand-eye coordination skills. Manipulating blocks, puzzles, and other small toys helps two years old children develop fine motor skills, preparing them for writing and other dexterous tasks. Open-ended toys also encourage children to use their imaginations to build and create.

Engaging in imaginative play, such as dress-up and pretend play: Two years old children can explore different emotions through imaginative play, which helps them understand and regulate their own feelings. Children can also expand their vocabulary and learn to communicate more effectively. It encourages children to think creatively, solve problems, and connect experiences and ideas. Dress-up and pretend play can aid in the development of children’s gross motor skills, coordination, and dexterity.

Read more⬇️

https://www.livingoutsidethebox.com.ng/5-ways-to-homeschool-your-two-year-old-child/

(1) (Reply)

How To Reduce Tooth Ache / 4G For Everyone With Itel And Airtel / What A Blessing” – Cute Video Of Nigerian Lady Showing Off Her Quintuplets (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.