Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,843 members, 7,851,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:27 AM

The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. (851 Views)

Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele / What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by englishmart(m): 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2023
I had #2000 old notes that I desperately needed to spend. Firstly, I went to a nearby shop and ordered noodles, eggs, etc. Everything was worth #1300. I gave the seller the old notes and he angrily rejected them. His physiognomy exuded the suggestion that I was trying to be clever or something, like didn't I know those notes have ceased to be legal?

I took back the 2k and left. I tried buying a recharge card but was turned down as well.
I touched every shop and roadside vendor and was turned down.
Then I thought "Try iya alagbo"
What a thought! I felt the thought as a eureka. That was phenomenal, I thought.

I walked straight to the junction, ask iya
"Una dey collect old notes?
"why not"? They replied.
"okay, give me la coco"
"How many? "
"Na how much sef"?
"3-350" (#350 each)
"Okay, give me one"
I paid and left.
Officially, they're legends. More legendary than your commercial banks, supermarkets, hospitals, etc.

Iya alagbo(s) are legends. They're in the same legendary status as
Lionel Messi
Ronaldo(the main Ronaldo-De lima)
Pele
Maradona
Tiger woods
Beyonce
Zidane
Cr7
God bless them.

4 Likes

Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by ChatterHouse: 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hmm
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by incandescentena: 7:49pm On Feb 15, 2023
Op well said

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR LA COCO wink
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by SMOGnow: 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2023
grin grin grin
La coco. I know that drink. Better whiskey. Na senior men dey take am. For my area na 500 sha.
You dey flex o.

Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by bantilosha: 7:57pm On Feb 15, 2023
ChatterHouse:
Hmm
what is hmm? You well?
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by ChatterHouse: 7:58pm On Feb 15, 2023
bantilosha:
what is hmm? You well?
CORNFUSE MUMUNATUS leave my mention
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by oladeebo: 7:59pm On Feb 15, 2023
englishmart:
I had #2000 old notes that I desperately needed to spend. Firstly, I went to a nearby shop and ordered noodles, eggs, etc. Everything was worth #1300. I gave the seller the old notes and he angrily rejected them. His physiognomy exuded the suggestion that I was trying to be clever or something, like didn't I know those notes have ceased to be legal?

I took back the 2k and left. I tried buying a recharge card but was turned down as well.
I touched every shop and roadside vendor and was turned down.
Then I thought "Try iya alagbo"
What a thought! I felt the thought as a eureka. That was phenomenal, I thought.

I walked straight to the junction, ask iya
"Una dey collect old notes?
"why not"? They replied.
"okay, give me la coco"
"How many? "
"Na how much sef"?
"3-350" (#350 each)
"Okay, give me one"
I paid and left.
Officially, they're legends. More legendary than your commercial banks, supermarkets, hospitals, etc.

Iya alagbo(s) are legends. They're in the same legendary status as
Lionel Messi
Ronaldo(the main Ronaldo-De lima)
Pele
Maradona
Tiger woods
Beyonce
Zidane
Cr7
God bless them.
....God bless them. I didn't know if we Nigerian were dull or stupid. Reason, before emegiele killing, Nigerian rejected seven denominations out of twelve in circulation, and were rejecting the remaining five five if its a bit old.now here we are. Emefiele retained the rest higher value.
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by bantilosha: 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2023
ChatterHouse:

CORNFUSE MUMUNATUS leave my mention
leave your mention? You are you? Abeg rest
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by Reinamaria(f): 8:02pm On Feb 15, 2023
I just stocked up five big tubers of yam for 6k, and paid with old notes I was able to withdraw. Thankfully.
Market women do not accept transfer.
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by englishmart(m): 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2023
oladeebo:
....God bless them. I didn't know if we Nigerian were dull or stupid. Reason, before emegiele killing, Nigerian rejected seven denominations out of twelve in circulation, and were rejecting the remaining five five if its a bit old.now here we are. Emefiele retained the rest higher value.
Yeah. It's a pity.

1 Like

Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by englishmart(m): 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2023
Reinamaria:
I just stocked up five big tubers of yam for 6k, and paid with old notes I was able to withdraw. Thankfully.
Market women do not accept transfer.
What location please?

1 Like

Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by englishmart(m): 8:30pm On Feb 15, 2023
SMOGnow:
grin grin grin
La coco. I know that drink. Better whiskey. Na senior men dey take am. For my area na 500 sha.
You dey flex o.
grin grin Oboy, you don finish talk. Na just like once in month I dey take am sha. The drink too strong

1 Like

Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by SMOGnow: 2:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
englishmart:
grin grin Oboy, you don finish talk. Na just like once in month I dey take am sha. The drink too strong
Na senior men drink
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by SMOGnow: 2:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
bantilosha:
what is hmm? You well?
Why you dey find trouble?
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by bantilosha: 2:13pm On Feb 16, 2023
SMOGnow:
Why you dey find trouble?
e concern you? You dey mad?
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by SMOGnow: 2:14pm On Feb 16, 2023
bantilosha:
Oga no be fight abeg
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by SMOGnow: 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2023
bantilosha:
why una dey always insult people na?
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by englishmart(m): 2:17pm On Feb 16, 2023
SMOGnow:
Na senior men drink
All na the same highness grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by SMOGnow: 2:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
englishmart:
All na the same highness grin grin
That one dey sha. But that your iya alagbo no go fit spend that money wey you give her
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by englishmart(m): 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2023
SMOGnow:
That one dey sha. But that your iya alagbo no go fit spend that money wey you give her
That one concern her o. I asked her before we did business.

1 Like

Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by SMOGnow: 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
englishmart:
That one concern her o. I asked her before we did business.
The woman don enter am be that cheesy
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by englishmart(m): 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
SMOGnow:
The woman don enter am be that cheesy
That woman had so many of 500-1000 naira notes. I wonder how she will spend them

1 Like

Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by SMOGnow: 2:23pm On Feb 16, 2023
englishmart:
That woman had so many of 500-1000 naira notes. I wonder how she will spend them
That is her loss
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by englishmart(m): 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2023
SMOGnow:
That is her loss
Don't you feel for her? grin

1 Like

Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by SMOGnow: 2:34pm On Feb 16, 2023
englishmart:
Don't you feel for her? grin
why should I? She's not smart
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by englishmart(m): 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2023
SMOGnow:
why should I? She's not smart
Okay o.

1 Like

Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by SMOGnow: 2:44pm On Feb 16, 2023
englishmart:
Okay o.
try give that woman her 1k o
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by englishmart(m): 2:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
SMOGnow:
try give that woman her 1k o
I'm not owing her o

1 Like

Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by SMOGnow: 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2023
englishmart:
I'm not owing her o
But she can't spend the money you gave her yesterday na
Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by englishmart(m): 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2023
SMOGnow:
But she can't spend the money you gave her yesterday na
That's why there's the CBN

1 Like

Re: The Only Institution That Still Collects The Old Naira Note. by SMOGnow: 2:50pm On Feb 16, 2023
englishmart:
That's why there's the CBN
na 1k dem dey carry go cbn?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Japa Wave Hits Nigeria’s Investment Banking Industry, Construction Site / 2 Most Competent Banks In Nigeria / Profiteering In Nigeria: What Is Your Opinion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.