Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,923 members, 7,835,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Beware Of New Palmpay Fraud - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of New Palmpay Fraud (1397 Views)

Opay, Palmpay, Others Warn Customers Against Crypto Trading / I Can’t See My Money Inside My Palmpay Mobile Banking / How To Become A Palmpay Agent And Get Palmpay Pos Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of New Palmpay Fraud by Lagosbynature: 1:53pm On Feb 16, 2023
I visited a palmpay agent earlier to withdraw some money, the agent gave me her account number but with the wrong last digit 4

I inputted it into my mobile app and it did brought out a name indicating it’s a valid palmpay account number, however I didn’t ask her to confirm the name on the account since the account number was valid which was a slight error on my part.

I sent sums to this wrong account and as time went by, the agent still didn’t receive it and then she asked me what is the name on the account i sent money to and i told her. She said that wasn't hers, and called her account number this time with the correct last digit 5.

Now i sent funds to the wrong palmpay account with no way of contacting the account owner for a refund unless I contact my bank, and of course palmpay.

This agent denied vehemently that she gave me the wrong last digit, smh. Very dishonest person.

I just want to put this out there incase anyone has ever had similar experience, and for people to watch out cos this looks like a booby-trap. Palmpay app generates its account number, I wonder why a switch from 4 to 5 on a 10 digits account number belongs to two valid account.

Is there a way for the agent to contact the other account number agent for kickbacks? Is this a targeted occurrence at young guys?

Re: Beware Of New Palmpay Fraud by Faber(m): 2:28pm On Feb 16, 2023
I was nearly scammed today by a PalmPay agent only that her own format was different from the one you experienced...

She gave me her personal wallet name instead of her agent account and keep telling me the money never enter.

The personal wallet have its own app on play store different from the PalmPay agent app. She keep showing me the agent app and ask me to go through it and check her transaction history. One nigga came probably her gang member and she gave him her agent account same phone number but different accounts, same name my people. The guy transferred #1k and the money reflected on the her agent account domiciled in the PalmPay POS Machine. She said to me " you see am, his own transfer done show" the problem is from your side or maybe network...chai but I showed her say, I be guru for online banking. After I done chat them finish and tell her I will initiate the process of PalmPay blocking your account for frauding me. No be person tell am to download the PalmPay wallet app and lo and behold my money and other people's money she claimed she no recieve alert dey there.

(1) (Reply)

Hurray...shoprite Finally Open It Doors To Kaduna Customers / Payments To China / I Want Ngos In Plateau State And Borno State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.