Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

How To Write Invitation Letters - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Write Invitation Letters (137287 Views)

Poll: Do you see this thread helpful?

YES: 57% (15 votes)
NO: 3% (1 vote)
DEFINITELY: 23% (6 votes)
SOME-HOW: 15% (4 votes)
NOT AT ALL: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Free Invitation Letters / Easy Way To Get Visa Invitation Letters / Invitation Letters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by OmoTier1(m): 5:33pm On Jan 14, 2012
Bwoodlt:

More grease to your elbow! You probably wouldnt recall this, when he was in the process of getting his initial 6 months visa around April last year, I came on Nairaland, and the advice you offered helped us greatly. He won the appeal and was issued his visa.

Now I understand he has to fill the VF10 form. I feel I need to provide additional information on his present circumstance which goes thus:

1) He's still a student,  he got a letter from his University then when he made the first application. I believe he'll need to get a new one?!

2) His Dad was responsible for the funding/sponsoring then, we used his dad statement of account as he was responsible to cover all the cost. I only sent them the invitiation letter I got from Uni during graduation, my bio data and Student ID.

Lastly, am I still required to provide an invitation letter now that have shed more light on his situation? OR Just send the documents (Bio-Data, Job Details, proof of Address & passport)?

Thank you for your help with this.
Hey sorry had to go do some saturday shopping, abit chilly here and 'm loving it!!, okay back to your questions:
1. Since He is still a student, yes, He will still need a letter from the University but the letter MUST reflect that He has since moved on i.e. the level/year of study He is presently and any other information affecting His status as student with the University, e.g, position held, etc.

2. Since His Dad was responsible, then use the same account and submit same written letter of verification/confirmation from the Bank to attest that the account is geniune and belongs to His Dad. Not a must but does help with accounts verification.

As for the Invitation letter, to be on the safe side, yes do provide him with one, along with other docuements you provided at first. Make sure very valid and convincing reasons are stated in the letter. Yes, it's renewal and it should really be straight forward given that He has being issued 6 months in the past. But 'cos of His student status, He would need every support so they do not give Him another 6 months 'cos of His circumstance. Also include those other supporting documents as you did before.

Ask the Dad to provide a letter indicating that He would be sponsoring your brother's trip and He would also be providing financial support for His trips to the UK for visits and Holidays.

Mind me asking how many weeks He spent the last time He came visiting? Also, your brother may want to add a 'letter of introduction' to His application explaining that He intend you visit the UK (stating when likely He will be visiting) and for Him to likely be given 2 years, He should also state that He would be visiting during the summer for some shopping and Holidays.

Hope this helps.
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Bwoodlt: 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Hey sorry had to go do some saturday shopping, abit chilly here and 'm loving it!!, okay back to your questions:
1. Since He is still a student, yes, He will still need a letter from the University but the letter MUST reflect that He has since moved on i.e. the level/year of study He is presently and any other information affecting His status as student with the University, e.g, position held, etc.

2. Since His Dad was responsible, then use the same account and submit same written letter of verification/confirmation from the Bank to attest that the account is geniune and belongs to His Dad. Not a must but does help with accounts verification.

As for the Invitation letter, to be on the safe side, yes do provide him with one, along with other docuements you provided at first. Make sure very valid and convincing reasons are stated in the letter. Yes, it's renewal and it should really be straight forward given that He has being issued 6 months in the past. But 'cos of His student status, He would need every support so they do not give Him another 6 months 'cos of His circumstance. Also include those other supporting documents as you did before.

Ask the Dad to provide a letter indicating that He would be sponsoring your brother's trip and He would also be providing financial support for His trips to the UK for visits and Holidays.

Mind me asking how many weeks He spent the last time He came visiting? Also, your brother may want to add a 'letter of introduction' to His application explaining that He intend you visit the UK (stating when likely He will be visiting) and for Him to likely be given 2 years, He should also state that He would be visiting during the summer for some shopping and Holidays.

Hope this helps.

Ah ok! Hope you got some chicken from iceland smiley.

I really cant thank you enough for the valuable information, I'm most grateful.

As advised, will ensure I put those documents together and get it across to him.

He spent 12 weeks when he came, even though he stated 3 weeks on his application.

Thanks once again for your help.
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by noo2noo: 4:12pm On Jan 30, 2012
please i want to write a letter of invitation to my friend in europe, please i need samples
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Vicjustice: 5:00pm On Jan 30, 2012
noo2noo:

please i want to write a letter of invitation to my friend in europe, please i need samples
Do you require Special Needs Assistance lecturing?
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Bwoodlt: 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2012
Hi All,

For visa renewal (visiting), I believe the form to fill is the VAF10. However, In the policy guidance, it was specifically mentioned that only family members (Married and Unmarried partners, child under the age of 18 e.t.c) are allowed to use this route. My question is does this include one's cousin?

I anticipate any helpful inputs.

Thanks smiley
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Vicjustice: 6:08pm On Feb 06, 2012
Bwoodlt:

Hi All,

For visa renewal (visiting), I believe the form to fill is the VAF10. However, In the policy guidance, it was specifically mentioned that only family members (Married and Unmarried partners, child under the age of 18 e.t.c) are allowed to use this route. My question is does this include one's cousin?

I anticipate any helpful inputs.

Thanks smiley
   Cousin? No way.
   A cousin may apply for a Family Visit visa, but that doesn't entitle him/her for the Family Member's rights or privileges.
   By "Family Members" they mean the nuclear family; Father, Mother and Child/ren, anyone who doesn't fit into any of these or is an adult-child (over 16 or 18 years depending on country's policy) may not be considered eligible for the "Family Member" category.
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Bwoodlt: 8:06pm On Feb 06, 2012
Vicjustice:

Cousin? No way.
   A cousin may apply for a Family Visit visa, but that doesn't entitle him/her for the Family Member's rights or privileges.
   By "Family Members" they mean the nuclear family; Father, Mother and Child/ren, anyone who doesn't fit into any of these or is an adult-child (over 16 or 18 years depending on country's policy) may not be considered eligible for the "Family Member" category.

Thanks! I thought as much. Does it mean he'd have to fill the same form he used for his initial application? Or a different one since he's just renewing?

Thanks for your help.

Update:

Finally found one of your post addressing this.

Cheers.
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Vicjustice: 10:57pm On Feb 06, 2012
Bwoodlt:

Thanks! I thought as much. Does it mean he'd have to fill the same form he used for his initial application? Or a different one since he's just renewing?

Thanks for your help.

Update:

Finally found one of your post addressing this.

Cheers.

Usually, visa application or renewal forms are more or less the same and requires same thing of every applicant; ie, data and information without partiality: the only thing that would be making a difference is when an applicant tick the category that is appropriate for the purpose of the application and then, s/he fills the form as is applicable to his/her own case
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Nobody: 2:25am On Feb 07, 2012
I really need your help. I have someone in Belgium, a white woman who has visited me in Nigeria twice, she takes me as her Son and loves me so much. In fact I call her MUM and she calls me SON. I told her I wanna come live and work in Belgium and she's very happy. I'm a plumber. Please how can she invite me, and after the period of invitation has expired how can I continue to live there. Or is there other means of getting there without invitation? Your detailful advice will be so much appreciated. Thank you.
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Bwoodlt: 10:56am On Feb 07, 2012
Vicjustice:

Usually, visa application or renewal forms are more or less the same and requires of every applicants data and information without partiality: the only thing that would be making a difference is when an applicant tick the category that is appropriate for the purpose of the application and then, s/he fills the form as is applicable to his/her own case

Much appreciated!
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Vicjustice: 11:09am On Feb 07, 2012
didadavid:

I really need your help. I have someone in Belgium, a white woman who has visited me in Nigeria twice, she takes me as her Son and loves me so much. In fact I call her MUM and she calls me SON. I told her I wanna come live and work in Belgium and she's very happy. I'm a plumber. Please how can she invite me, and after the period of invitation has expired how can I continue to live there. Or is there other means of getting there without invitation? Your detailful advice will be so much appreciated. Thank you.
  Invitation letter might not be enough to ensure you a visa, you would need to meet the requirement of an invited person of which above all, you must be able to prove your obligations or ties to Nigeria, and you must have a job on documents (not just a job that provides income); and your wages must be good enough to convince the visa officer that you would leave Belgium in due time.
  know that you would be asked to state and prove the nature of relationship that exists between you and the woman who is inviting you.
  I understand that you intend to reside and work in Belgium, and for this i must let you know that (unless she is in a position to grant you employment) she is not eligible to invite you for anything more than a visit, and like i said, both of you need to prove who you are to each other or else, the invitation may be disregarded.
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2012
Okay, lets say I have been granted the visa to visit her, what will I do to continue to stay there after my visa must have expired? Thank you so much.
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by oijeleo: 10:22am On Feb 10, 2012
please i would like tog know how to write an introduction letter if i want to apply for a uk tourist visa for my annual leave. i work under a private firm, and i also want to know the documents to tender. thank you.
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Vicjustice: 11:49am On Feb 10, 2012
didadavid:

Okay, lets say I have been granted the visa to visit her, what will I do to continue to stay there after my visa must have expired? Thank you so much.
   There is not much either you nor the woman can do to extend your stay beyond the validity of your visa, except to seek asylum or become a fugitive illegal resident: I doubt you'd be eligible for marriage
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Vicjustice: 11:53am On Feb 10, 2012
oijeleo:

please i would like tog know how to write an introduction letter if i want to apply for a uk tourist visa for  my annual leave. i work under a private firm, and i also want to know the documents to tender. thank you.
   Why do you need to write that?
   I personally won't advice you to add such letter, it's irrelevant: The more  irrelevant documents you add to your application, the more they find issues to question you on, and the more they find reasons to examine you.
   If however you deem it necessary to write such "introduction letter", i trust that you are intelligent enough to observe the letter samples in this thread and modify any as is applicable to your purpose.

1 Like

Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by N101: 11:47am On Feb 21, 2012
Does the person receiving the invitation letter need to submit the original invitation letter or a scanned copy? I have advised someone that it's best to submit the original letter if possible. The person in question has been refused a visa before. Thanks.
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Vicjustice: 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2012
N101:

Does the person receiving the invitation letter need to submit the original invitation letter or a scanned copy? I have advised someone that it's best to submit the original letter if possible. The person in question has been refused a visa before. Thanks.
   If it's an official invitation letter from a company or institute or organisation and the letter is carrying a stamp, then, the original letter should be provided. But if it is a letter from an unofficial individual such as a friend or family member, any copy of the letter would do, even if it is by email or fax.
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by N101: 10:59am On Feb 22, 2012
^ Thanks for that vicjustice, really appreciate it. Another question: does the letter have to be addressed to the High Commission or can it be addressed to the invitee?

I'm a bit fixated about getting it right as the person has been refused before and it's all new territory for me.
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Vicjustice: 12:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
N101:

^ Thanks for that vicjustice, really appreciate it. Another question: does the letter have to be addressed to the High Commission or can it be addressed to the invitee?

I'm a bit fixated about getting it right as the person has been refused before and it's all new territory for me.
How about reading the original post before asking questions?
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by N101: 4:17pm On Feb 24, 2012
@ vicjustice,I asked because I'm aware of letters not addressing the ECO that have led to successful applications, not because I haven't read through the entire thread. But thank you for the info you've already given.
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Vicjustice: 7:22pm On Feb 24, 2012
N101:

@ vicjustice,I asked because I'm aware of letters not addressing the ECO that have led to successful applications, not because I haven't read through the entire thread. But thank you for the info you've already given.
Though, it is advisable to address such letter to the embassy (as that would represent a specified purpose), but a letter addressed "To Whom It May Concern" even if it is not strictly directed to the Embassy may be good enough if its contents explain its purpose
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by oraclefemi(m): 2:28am On Mar 08, 2012
Hello please from the sample letter "i am personally accepting responsibility on his maintenance and welfare and that i will take every necessary measure to ensure that the Terms and Conditions of the visa once issued, will be observed. what if the person is being sponsored by a company or by himself? how do one state that?

Thank you
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Vicjustice: 4:48am On Mar 08, 2012
oraclefemi:

Hello please from the sample letter "i am personally accepting responsibility on his maintenance and welfare and that i will take every necessary measure to ensure that the Terms and Conditions of the visa once issued, will be observed. what if the person is being sponsored by a company or by himself? how do one state that?

Thank you
Then, pick the option that is more applicable to his/her circumstances

1 Like

Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by oraclefemi(m): 9:19am On Mar 08, 2012
pls i cant find the option that fits this in the samples
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Vicjustice: 1:29pm On Mar 08, 2012
oraclefemi:

pls i cant find the option that fits this in the samples
What exactly do you want to do, explain the nature of your circumstance
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by oraclefemi(m): 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2012
a friend of mine wants to visit the uk on invitation of his step brother who happens to be a citizen, he is a co owner and also a director in the company so in order words he wants to use his company as sponsor but the problem is as a director he doesnt get paid with pay slips , they just share profit .so will payslips be a problem? he earns funds from other sources and its paid into his personal account so will he have issues explaining where these funds come from?
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Vicjustice: 7:01pm On Mar 08, 2012
oraclefemi:

a friend of mine wants to visit the uk on invitation of his step brother who happens to be a citizen, he is a co owner and also a director in the company so in order words he wants to use his company as sponsor but the problem is as a director he doesnt get paid with pay slips , they just share profit .so will payslips be a problem? he earns funds from other sources and its paid into his personal account so will he have issues explaining where these funds come from?
   Good questions. Now, i can see that the problem is not the invitation letter, but rather the situation of his circumstances.
   First of all, be advised that the company (even if he is the sole owner) can not be accepted as his sponsor; know that a company can only sponsor a visa applicant if the purpose of the trip is official or the applicant is offered the trip as a treat on promotion for the company. But if the trip would be for a Family Visit, Tourism or Pleasure, a company's account will not be accepted: One question that he would be asked is, of "what benefit would his travel be to the company?"
   As for the lack of Payslip, there would be no problem if his bank account statement shows his earnings and the sources of income, but if there are evidence of money lodgement from unverifiable sources, then, i'm afraid he'd need to explain why it is so: Know that in Europe, a bank account receiving money lodgement from unverifiable sources is considered criminal and the owner may be prosecuted
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by oraclefemi(m): 12:46am On Mar 09, 2012
wow that really helped, ok i will inform him not to use the company as a sponsor but can he use the companies tax clearance ? and also yes he has huge cash lodgements being mostly from oil tankers and stuff but the balance now is just around 1m but there has been huge in and out transactions from his account ,could that be a problem? and also can he use the companys letter head and write that he is going on leave from work and will be sponsoring himself ?
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Vicjustice: 11:29am On Mar 09, 2012
oraclefemi:

wow that really helped, ok i will inform him not to use the company as a sponsor but can he use the companies tax clearance ?
   That would only be OK if he's travelling on behalf of the company (that is, if he would be travelling in the company's interest), but like i explain earlier, if his travel would be for anything personal, then, the company must be left out of it because, what is of the company is of the company's and what is personal is personal; therefore, as a co owner of the company, it is expected that his personal (not company's) earning documents shows tax deduction: and if there is no earning documentation, it therefore means that the company is operating illegitimately and is questionable and by Europe standard, such company is criminal and therefore, a visa sought under the company's influence would be refused.

oraclefemi:

and also yes he has huge cash lodgements being mostly from oil tankers and stuff but the balance now is just around 1m but there has been huge in and out transactions from his account ,could that be a problem?
   In a country where oil Bunkering is a big business, explaining the source of income would Definitely be a problem, and also like i explained earlier, a compliant bank account must show sources of income otherwise, it would be considered criminal; and a visa sought with such account will definitely result in refusal.

oraclefemi:

and also can he use the companys letter head and write that he is going on leave from work and will be sponsoring himself ?
   This would be perfect, in fact, he needs such action to prove his employment or self-employed/owner situation
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by oluromeo(m): 8:01am On Mar 10, 2012
Hello Vicjustice, I need to contact you on a very serious and important matter, please contact me, check my profile for contact details, pls this is important to me, thanks for understanding.
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by Vicjustice: 9:13am On Mar 10, 2012
oluromeo:

Hello Vicjustice, I need to contact you on a very serious and important matter,  please contact me,  check my profile for contact details,  pls this is important to me,  thanks for understanding.
   I regret that i might not want to grant this request because, so many times, people have made this request, and i took the initiative to contact them privately, but i didn't get their reply; also, others who would reply to state their concerns would not give feedback about the outcome, so i hate to have that happen again: I'm sorry for declining
Re: How To Write Invitation Letters by oluromeo(m): 10:48pm On Mar 10, 2012
thanks for your reply but i am not those, all i need is your advice which could be a helping hand, i choose to contact you due to your activities on NL, let me hint you, its about EU travel, its personal, i hope you reconsider,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My France Picture Gallery / Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.