Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

I Need Buyer For Goat - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Need Buyer For Goat (7748 Views)

What Is The Tiv Name For Goat Weed Or King Grass? / I Need Buyer For My Broiler, Noiler And Turkey Around Akure / Do U Need Buyer For Ur Cassava? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
Let continued on lice or tick control we started. I told you I practice organic method of rearing but this aspect is one I have not been able to use organic method to control them, therefore I used chemical though research is still on to determine how to control these insect in organic way. Goat usually has tick that suck their blood therefore causing anemia
and discomfort when they feed inside the bush. I normally observed the animal , when I notice this, I add little quantity of kerosene to the spot this will make the critter to be uncomfortable and reduce it grip on the animal causing it to be removed easily. I throw them inside fire or put them on solid ground and use my leg to kill it. Make sure you kill it, if not it can re infest your animal or yourself. However great care must be taken when carry this out as I almost lost 2 pregnant goat for this reason 2 years ago...to be continued.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
Sukkyy2010:
In silence, I'm gradually following your trend, so interesting and educative. Please don't stop coz there are many like me following and learning without no signal or comment.
Thank you for your comment. May God help me.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by IamAsiri: 3:55am On Apr 11, 2023
Do you also sell mature males? If yes, for how much?
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 9:54am On Apr 12, 2023
IamAsiri:
Do you also sell mature males? If yes, for how much?
Yes I do. The price depends on how big the buck is. You may call my number or Chat me on 08032781837. Thanks.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 11:19am On Apr 13, 2023
Another way I used to remove tick from my goat is by application of this whitetish powdery chemical popular called pif_ paf. This makes the tick to loss it grip and be removed easily. However great care must be ensured to avoid story. ...to be continued.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 10:14am On Apr 16, 2023
There is special chemical manufactured to remove tick, this can be spray on them periodically. However care must be taken to protect sensitive area like eyes. Happy Sunday to you all.

1 Like

Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 11:27am On Apr 18, 2023
Today we shall be discussing way to improve goat immunity. Strong immunity in goat prevents them from falling sick and if there is epidemic around they may not be infected. One of the herbs I used for this is bitter leaf. This leaf is good for goat as well as human. Just cut some branch and give it to them. They will eat as many as they like. To be continued...

1 Like

Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 4:57pm On Apr 19, 2023
Another way to boost your goat immune system is to give them moringa leaf. Apart from the fact that this plant is packed with nutrients, it is also medicinal. Frequently consumption of this leaf by your goat will make them to be less likely of falling sick. To be continued...
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by pdozie: 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2023
For people interested in rearing goats but not having the compound, how can they go about it?
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Sukkyy2010: 6:32pm On Apr 19, 2023
pdozie:
For people interested in rearing goats but not having the compound, how can they go about it?
this your question I see as the biggest challenges to the most beginner like me. The importance of fence rounding your land can not be over emphasize as far as this typical farming is concern and the cost of fencing a plot of land at least is roughly #1.7million.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by k2money(m): 6:23pm On Apr 20, 2023
Sukkyy2010:
this your question I see as the biggest challenges to the most beginner like me. The importance of fence rounding your land can not be over emphasize as far as this typical farming is concern and the cost of fencing a plot of land at least is roughly #1.7million.
Bro hell no, I stand to be corrected but a plot of land of 100fx50f needs at most 1800 and 26 bags of cement, one trip of sand. Bro don't let bricklayer cheat you.
IF NOT IN SWAMPY AREAR.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Sukkyy2010: 7:53am On Apr 21, 2023
k2money:

Bro hell no, I stand to be corrected but a plot of land of 100fx50f needs at most 1800 and 26 bags of cement, one trip of sand. Bro don't let bricklayer cheat you.
IF NOT IN SWAMPY AREAR.
Go get your estimation right bruh, I'm talking about 60/120 a plot of land to fence round it require more than 1800 blocks. Well it all boil down to the height level of the fence you want but base on standard height(12ft) one would be needing nothing less than 3,200blocks
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by k2money(m): 12:57pm On Apr 21, 2023
Sukkyy2010:

Go get your estimation right bruh, I'm talking about 60/120 a plot of land to fence round it require more than 1800 blocks. Well it all boil down to the height level of the fence you want but base on standard height(12ft) one would be needing nothing less than 3,200blocks
Stop staying what you have no idea of. I will do that fence with less than 1m with my supervision fee. At most 900k maximum.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by pdozie: 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
How about an already built home fenced, but no garden or vegetation within. How can an interested goat rearer play along?
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2023
Sukkyy2010:
Good evening sir, while it is true fencing is important there are very cheap but effective method you can apply. This will be discussed when we get to that aspect, just stay tuned.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2023
Another way to boost goat immune System is to give them _Sand paper leaf plant_. This is a plant that is very coarse when touch. It is medicinal as well...to be continued.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
Today I will discuss fencing of land in goat farm. While fencing is important for prevention of thief and easy monitoring. You don't need to beak a bank before this can be achieved. You can fence your farm with 4 by 4 wood and "bokoharam" net. You can even used "agunmaniye" tree instead of 4 by 4. This has advantage over termite as it will germinate. To be continued...

1 Like

Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 6:55pm On Apr 28, 2023
Another cheap way to fence the goat farm is to used rough or used iron sheet...to be continued.

1 Like

Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 2:29am On May 01, 2023
Since the main thing in goat farming is to provide them where they can run to during rain as they hate rain to beat them. You can used rough wood from saw mail to do the fencing and build little place for them just like poultry house where they can stay. Goat house don't consume money like other livestock...to be continued.

1 Like

Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 7:52pm On May 02, 2023
You can also used bamboo to do the fencing, just interlocking it. If well done you would get the same result like someone that used million of naira to do it's fence...to be continued.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 10:32am On May 05, 2023
This is to remind you that our healthy goat and Plantain Sucker is still much available, just call 08032781837 thanks.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 7:19pm On May 07, 2023
Now let us talk about the floor of the goat pen. The floor do not needs to be cemented or concrete. This is because it would allow the urine to be drained and absorbed by the soil which will prevent the pen from offensive odour since 90% of goat odour comes from it's urine. To be continued.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by eben97: 8:41pm On May 07, 2023
Weldone @op , I concur from your write up,been a goat famer too and an upgrowing one for that matter.I am learning and also building up my data bank.Goats farm can be quite challenging when you are not fully prepared or armed. Security , disease out break, proper feeding with hays are some of the major trouble we face. Seasonal variations has a lot to do with this ,but once you have fully grasped and come to terms with this system as it rotates (you get better as seasons comes and seasons goes ),you will improve and become a better manager.However the business is quite lucrative if you keep good hygiene and security .Were I stay here , security is our major issue , russtlers are real here , they russtle at will out of envy and greed.Somw who are already big famers go against those still coming up and vice versa ,thus, THE BEAT GOES ON !!All said , the business is quite rewarding if you get the indices right.God Bless U all

2 Likes

Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 10:36pm On May 09, 2023
eben97:
Weldone @op , I concur from your write up,been a goat famer too and an upgrowing one for that matter.I am learning and also building up my data bank.Goats farm can be quite challenging when you are not fully prepared or armed. Security , disease out break, proper feeding with hays are some of the major trouble we face. Seasonal variations has a lot to do with this ,but once you have fully grasped and come to terms with this system as it rotates (you get better as seasons comes and seasons goes ),you will improve and become a better manager.However the business is quite lucrative if you keep good hygiene and security .Were I stay here , security is our major issue , russtlers are real here , they russtle at will out of envy and greed.Somw who are already big famers go against those still coming up and vice versa ,thus, THE BEAT GOES ON !!All said , the business is quite rewarding if you get the indices right.God Bless U all
Thank you.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by adelafe2019: 4:07am On May 10, 2023
O.P. is doing a nice job here..Very interesting.Thanks for your enlightenment. Pls. continue with the training.

1 Like

Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 11:54am On May 12, 2023
Another thing to notice in goat pen is that goat hate to have contact with their urine and dropping. So the floor will be construed just like we build the bed we used for mattress in our home. The plank will be nail together with little space to allow passage of urine and dropping also it will be supported with short leg so that dropping can be easily scooped when it is lifted. Caution:If the space is too much it can brake your goat leg especially the young one. ...to be continued.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 7:58pm On May 13, 2023
adelafe2019:
O.P. is doing a nice job here..Very interesting.Thanks for your enlightenment. Pls. continue with the training.
Thank God.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 8:26am On May 16, 2023
To our esteem goat Farmers. Rain has started. Let us make sure our goat house is warm and dry. If Nigerian goat is well managed you may not have any serious diseases in your farm.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by monakii: 8:46am On May 17, 2023
Johnboom:
To our esteem goat Farmers. Rain has started. Let us make sure our goat house is warm and dry. If Nigerian goat is well managed you may not have any serious diseases in your farm.

Boss, weldone!
You are doing a great job. God bless you more.
One of my goats (does) is having acute swollen udder and it's affecting the feeding and growth of its three kids. Please help me out on what best to do.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 8:17pm On May 18, 2023
monakii:

Boss, weldone!
You are doing a great job. God bless you more.
One of my goats (does) is having acute swollen udder and it's affecting the feeding and growth of its three kids. Please help me out on what best to do.
Your goat is likely having mastitis. Couple of things may cause this:1) Infection 2) injury when kid was sucking. Solution. Make sure your animal is not sleeping on bear floor where it udder can be soiled with manure. 2) Prevent direct sucking of the kid from the animal. This may be difficult if you are not a professional. In that case you may ensure quick healing of the udder by gentle massage the udder with warm water and also give your animal enough vitamin C, this may be achieved by giving them ripe pawpaw and ripe peeled mango.
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by monakii: 9:38pm On May 18, 2023
Johnboom:
Your goat is likely having mastitis. Couple of things may cause this:1) Infection 2) injury when kid was sucking. Solution. Make sure your animal is not sleeping on bear floor where it udder can be soiled with manure. 2) Prevent direct sucking of the kid from the animal. This may be difficult if you are not a professional. In that case you may ensure quick healing of the udder by gentle massage the udder with warm water and also give your animal enough vitamin C, this may be achieved by giving them ripe pawpaw and ripe peeled mango.

Thanks for you submission. I really appreciate it. I will apply all you've said here. However, is there no drug or vaccine for these mastitis?
I noticed the goat has been is pains and has been too withdrawn from other animals especially her kids and I want to help her get well using a faster and surer means. Thanks. God bless you more
Re: I Need Buyer For Goat by Johnboom: 6:02am On May 19, 2023
monakii:

Thanks for you submission. I really appreciate it. I will apply all you've said here. However, is there no drug or vaccine for these mastitis?
I noticed the goat has been is pains and has been too withdrawn from other animals especially her kids and I want to help her get well using a faster and surer means. Thanks. God bless you more
Ok, go to Vet Shop and tell him to give you antibiotic drug for treatment of mastitis in goat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goat Farming In Nigeria... Is It For You??? / (Pics)Inside The Exportation Of Vegetables From Anambra / Creating Multiple Streams Of Income Using Agric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.