Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) (53887 Views)

See The Chicken I Bought 6k Today / The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? / The Christmas Chicken I Bought For N3,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by destiny4luv(m): 10:56pm On Feb 18, 2023
godofuck231:
next Time your wife wan go market , use two hand de give her money , she no d3 find am easy , try de add some extra for her inconvenience or else fast food go finish you in 6 months , de do well o

Read properly before commenting ok. I said I hardly eat outside.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by destiny4luv(m): 10:58pm On Feb 18, 2023
angelfallz:
Did you have to wait for the transfer to confirm before eating or being served?

Transfer went through immediately.

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Allisgud: 11:08pm On Feb 18, 2023
Shebi him no won get patient make him pay the money nothing concern me
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by ashewoboy(m): 11:18pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:

Of course I am enjoying my marriage.

Nicecheesy. Show love na. Make I send my details to your mail.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by tctrills: 11:22pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:
Good day Nairalanders, so this morning I woke up very early to see a friend in order to conclude a deal with him. I was at his place before 6am and we spent over 2hours before concluding our deal.

Ok you are rice today.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Treassured: 11:29pm On Feb 18, 2023
The Food look Nice though.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by LKO(m): 11:29pm On Feb 18, 2023
Sucre6:

Freshly squeezed fruit juice is healthy and not a soda but buying and drinking the ones in packs isn't healthy, considering the preservatives and sugar contents, yoghurt too is cool, but must be taken in moderation and periodically, don't make it a habit

Are malt drinks e.g. dubic, maltina etc also soda? How healthy are they? Thanks.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Sucre6: 12:11am On Feb 19, 2023
LKO:

Are malt drinks e.g. dubic, maltina etc also soda? How healthy are they? Thanks.

They are still beverages and the sugar content is what u should be worried about, although it's not bad when it is taken in moderation, ones a while, don't make it a habit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by jimcaddy(m): 12:16am On Feb 19, 2023
Lol. Nigerian eateries have calculated rent money inside that food you're eating. Operational costs in Nigeria is sky high. Pele. And the worst of it all is that the jollof rice in these eateries are whack. Terrible. All of them, even the popular eateries. They just don't know how to make jollof rice. If jollof rice is not smoky, I can't enjoy it. It's also my favourite meal. I can eat jollof rice for a living.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Oshe3084: 12:39am On Feb 19, 2023
Sucre6:

Rice is starch which can be stored as glucose and converted to sugar in your system if you don't sweat it out or convert the glucose to energy to do work, plus soda contains alot of sugar, with benzoic bleach ad other chemicals that would hurt your system and mess up your sex life because too much sugar injected in the system could lead to diabetes and obesity in the long run,

Quit soda, drink plenty of water instead, hit the gym ones in a while to sweat out that excess sugar, u will thank me later, replace the soda with water next time, it will make u look fresh and younger.
If someone see’s this your write up,it’ll sound like you’re seriously making sense.In which metabolic pathway is glucose converted to Sugar.Don’t come here to mislead the public
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Weknowbetter: 1:37am On Feb 19, 2023
Rice with tomato paste and 1 dry chicken thigh. You were better off with the bread and tea
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Atkin1013: 1:55am On Feb 19, 2023
500 included takeaway

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by 123papas(m): 5:43am On Feb 19, 2023
Rarely patronize eateries fir regular food that can be cooked at home but there things you can buy and enjoy with the family to reduce the pressure of tension as it can be very stressful like
Pizza
Shawarma
BBQ and chips
Maasa
Suya, etc
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by danielbosun1: 6:14am On Feb 19, 2023
See me see trouble o🤷
If him broke na your business

Jennyclay:
whoo whooo whooo whooo shame!!! Broke man!!! You've disgraced yourself again. You don't even have money!!

Mr Nobody, Mr nothing, Mr Brooklyn.

Shame!!!
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Pitokwe(m): 7:10am On Feb 19, 2023
That meal you ate for 5k 5 hundred will be 10k at a Nigeria airport.Those guys are broad day criminals
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Bimstee: 7:27am On Feb 19, 2023
My one week feeding money wit two kids. Hnmm u try.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by aalangel(f): 7:52am On Feb 19, 2023
destiny4luv:
Good day Nairalanders, so this morning I woke up very early to see a friend in order to conclude a deal with him. I was at his place before 6am and we spent over 2hours before concluding our deal. As I was driving back home I noticed I was hungry and the only thing that was on my mind to eat was jollof rice and chicken 🐔 🍗.

I called my wife and asked her how long will it take to prepare the jollof rice and chicken, she said at least three hours that she need to go get chicken that none is left in the refrigerator. I told her I can't wait that I have to branch an eatery, but she still got to prepare it, because it's my favourite food she said ok. She said I should just take bread and tea when I return why she make preparation for the meal that's what she and the kids took this morning. I said no, she knows I don't like taking bread and tea, I can't even remember the last time I took such. She said no wahala.

I branch one of the eateries and ordered for jollof rice and chicken the girl served it and I noticed it was small so I asked her to add to it she said that will be two portion I said no problem. I collected coke and water and asked how much she said 5k 5hundred. I was surprised, it's been a little bit long I ate at any eatery because 95% of food I eat (especially when in town) is from home, my wife is very good at cooking so it does not really make me fancy eating outside. A portion of rice #1500 (×2) chicken #2000, water and coke #500. Naija which way how the average man on the street go take survive nah?

Sorry for the long write up on top jollof rice and chicken matter grin. How is the eateries in ur location is it this expensive?

You write so well.
No comment on your food.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Reinamaria(f): 7:58am On Feb 19, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Everything in the north should not exceed 1300 Na your brothers there they make life difficult for you.

For those of you attempting to type in pidgin; it's dey and not they in that context.

I've also seen done being used in the place of don.

If you people cannot type correctly in pidgin, please type in English. Thanks.🙏

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Reinamaria(f): 8:01am On Feb 19, 2023
aalangel:

You write so well.
No comment on your food.

What's your definition of write so well? 👀
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by dontbothermuch: 8:19am On Feb 19, 2023
Zonefree:
The rice and ofe akwu I ate this morning is sexier than this. After morning training, I entered one iya basira close to my area and exhausted my last surviving N1200. It's worth it sha.

All these big eateries are just over rated.

smiley Last surviving 1200. It will be well.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by DatNaijaGuy: 8:35am On Feb 19, 2023
Sucre6:

Rice is starch which can be stored as glucose and converted to sugar in your system if you don't sweat it out or convert the glucose to energy to do work, plus soda contains alot of sugar, with benzoic bleach ad other chemicals that would hurt your system and mess up your sex life because too much sugar injected in the system could lead to diabetes and obesity in the long run,

Quit soda, drink plenty of water instead, hit the gym ones in a while to sweat out that excess sugar, u will thank me later, replace the soda with water next time, it will make u look fresh and younger.

Thanks for your well articulated response.
Can I replace going to the gym by going to play football weekly?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by angelfallz(m): 9:05am On Feb 19, 2023
Nice. Which bank did you use and which bank did you transfer to?
destiny4luv:

Transfer went through immediately.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Sucre6: 11:02am On Feb 19, 2023
Oshe3084:
If someone see’s this your write up,it’ll sound like you’re seriously making sense.In which metabolic pathway is glucose converted to Sugar.Don’t come here to mislead the public

If I where u I would consult the Google before sounding ignorantly, to further expatriate

When you eat starchy foods, the starches are broken down into sugars, including glucose, maltotriose and maltose, by an enzyme called amylase found in your saliva and small intestine. These compound sugars are further broken down into simple sugars by other enzymes, including maltase, lactase, sucrase and isomaltase
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Sucre6: 11:08am On Feb 19, 2023
DatNaijaGuy:

Thanks for your well articulated response.
Can I replace going to the gym by going to play football weekly?
Thanks

Anything that would take sweat out of your body is fine, but avoid soda if u can, its not good for the health at all, take your time and pick up a bottle of soda, check out the ingredient and google it one after the other, u will be stunned, ingredient use in make these sodas are very unhealthy.
In the other hand you still need calories to get you going on a daily basics which can be gotten from your daily intake of rice, eba or other starchy food, taken unregulated and processed sugar may harm you in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Delightsome2023: 11:55am On Feb 19, 2023
Sucre6:
Op you are not doing yourself good eating rice and soda the combination is unhealthy.
all these I too know people on nairaland sef
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Sucre6: 12:07pm On Feb 19, 2023
Delightsome2023:
all these I too know people on nairaland sef

Ignorant is indeed a incurable disease

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by destiny4luv(m): 1:13pm On Feb 19, 2023
jimcaddy:
Lol. Nigerian eateries have calculated rent money inside that food you're eating. Operational costs in Nigeria is sky high. Pele. And the worst of it all is that the jollof rice in these eateries are whack. Terrible. All of them, even the popular eateries. They just don't know how to make jollof rice. If jollof rice is not smoky, I can't enjoy it. It's also my favourite meal. I can eat jollof rice for a living.

Correct 👍
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by destiny4luv(m): 1:23pm On Feb 19, 2023
Atkin1013:
500 included takeaway

I am trying to understand the kind food when be this. Please any body fit explain? grin

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by tomzyELNINO: 2:11pm On Feb 19, 2023
Go to a buka Oga. Everybody get his own Markey
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by godofuck231: 11:42pm On Feb 19, 2023
destiny4luv:

Read properly before commenting ok. I said I hardly eat outside.
thats my point , appreciation of what you have as a lucky man , you just got a shocker due to situations, your wife is a saver and please appreciate her
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by LOVEGINO(m): 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2023
Zonefree:

I don ever tell you say I get money before undecided

Nairaland nuisance!
she wan come run u down. Na dem (destiny killers)
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by aalangel(f): 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2023
Reinamaria:

What's your definition of write so well? 👀

Tenses, punctuation, mannerisms, contexts, progression.. climax.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The N300 Fish That I Bought Today / Dog Lovers Call Out Hilda Baci & Influencer Enioluwa For Eating Dog Meat (vid) / Alligator Caught At Gbagada Lagos, Used In Cooking (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.