Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? (11381 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Frank25: 6:57am On Feb 19, 2023
Let's gather and discuss
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 7:02am On Feb 19, 2023
is it proper to obey man and not GOD?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by temitope27(m): 7:03am On Feb 19, 2023
Tithes are meant to be paid by Jews and to the levith

We are not Jews, and non of our pastors are decendant of Levi

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by TriCee: 7:03am On Feb 19, 2023
Hmmm, somehow I have become 'the needy', so I tithe myself for now.
Everywhere rough now.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:03am On Feb 19, 2023
K
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Ekundayo7574(m): 7:03am On Feb 19, 2023
Yes I don't give my tithe to any church I use to give that to my mum, I don't believe in any church as far as I'm concerned

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by jojo1415: 7:04am On Feb 19, 2023
Very proper......I give to the orphanage first b4 giving my tithe

12 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Consray(f): 7:04am On Feb 19, 2023
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by PointZerom: 7:04am On Feb 19, 2023
smiley

Why don't you give your salary to the needy, must it be your tithe which is 10% of your income?

6 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by kingsways: 7:05am On Feb 19, 2023
You can help the needy if you want but you cannot give your tithe to them because they are not your God.

Your tithe is to be taken to House of God

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by SHINJA: 7:05am On Feb 19, 2023
Every Sunday this same question....

8 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by santakris(m): 7:05am On Feb 19, 2023
From the Bible, tithe and offering belong to a certain group of people: the Levites, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widows.
Read
Deut. 26: 12-13

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by sotall(m): 7:06am On Feb 19, 2023
Tithe is scam.

It is one of the incentives and motivation that makes many hungry people want to become Pastors today....

Flee from religious brainwashing

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by AntiChristian: 7:06am On Feb 19, 2023
Help the needy! You don't need any tithe!
.Upon all the tithe you paid you still can't attend church school!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by iramure(m): 7:07am On Feb 19, 2023
No Nigeria pastor is qualified to collect tithe, the reason for promoting tithe doctrine is for selfish motive. No wonder Nigeria is home to world richest religious merchants because we don't think critically in this nation and the continent at large. Tithe is a scam.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Angelfrost(m): 7:07am On Feb 19, 2023
Gather and discuss what again?!!

This issue has been over-flogged needlessly on this forum!

If you don't wish to pay a tithe, then don't! It doesn't affect your standing in Christ!

Helping those in need is basically the foundation of true religion! Calling it tithe is your choice!

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Righthussle: 7:07am On Feb 19, 2023
As a Christain, it is not proper to give your "tithe" to the needy . How will the work of your God be done without money ?

The Christain God, the God of Israel whom Christains whorship is a god that needs money to do his work. Unless you don't want his work to be done.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Tallesty1(m): 7:07am On Feb 19, 2023
Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss

It is better
Tithing, at least some % of it were originally meant for the poor but greedy pastors will not tell you that. Tithes were in parts—one for the Levites, one for the use of the temple and the feasts, and one for the poor of the land—which includes orphans, widows and strangers, then there is a part that you and your family are to flex.

Nigerian pastors will not tell you this because they selfishly after their own interest.

One thing you have to know though is that after the death of Jesus Christ fulfilled the Law, the New Testament nowhere commands, or even recommends, that Christians submit to a legalistic tithe system.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:08am On Feb 19, 2023
No idea. If that's what your conscience approves,then probably ok
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by iramure(m): 7:09am On Feb 19, 2023
temitope27:

don't mind our Nigeria god of men. They are looking for whom to fleece.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by verybadmouth(m): 7:11am On Feb 19, 2023
Tithing is a religious practice where individuals are expected to give a portion of their income or resources to support their church or religious organization. The concept of tithing is found in many religions, including Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.

In Christianity, tithing is generally understood to be a practice where individuals give 10% of their income to the church. However, there is some variation in how different Christian denominations interpret and practice tithing.

In terms of who is meant to pay tithes, it is generally considered to be a personal choice and responsibility. Some people believe that tithing is a requirement for all members of their religious community, while others see it as a voluntary act of faith.

Ultimately, whether or not to tithe and how much to give is a decision that each individual must make based on their own beliefs and financial situation.

In the Bible, tithing is mentioned in the Old Testament in several places, including the books of Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. In these passages, tithing is commanded as a practice for the Israelites, who were to give one-tenth of their agricultural produce and livestock to the priests and Levites who served in the temple.

In the New Testament, Jesus affirms the practice of tithing in Matthew 23:23, where he criticizes the religious leaders for neglecting justice, mercy, and faithfulness while still paying tithes. However, it is important to note that Jesus does not give specific instructions on how or when to tithe, and the practice of tithing is not as explicitly commanded in the New Testament as it is in the Old Testament.

Overall, while the biblical concept of tithing is rooted in the Old Testament and the practice of giving to support religious leaders and the temple, the specific instructions and expectations for tithing can vary among different Christian denominations and individual believers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by wordbank(m): 7:12am On Feb 19, 2023
temitope27:

In that case nothing concern you and God as dem no mention your family for bible
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by chinwong(m): 7:13am On Feb 19, 2023
Stop 🛑 confusing yasefs grin

Tithe is one-tenth of your gains and it’s meant for God alone through the pastors or priests but the issue there is most tend to still feed the already enriched ones rather than those who really need them.

As for those who say they give their tithe to their mum, you can’t give tithe to your parents . What you give your parents is called Firstfruits or rather offerings.

My advice is if you want to give your tithe, you can find a local church who are really in need of financing and support them with your tithe

Shikena🤞

6 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by englishmart(m): 7:15am On Feb 19, 2023
Tithes are old-fashioned. Any pastor still collecting titles is a thief.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by cjudy(m): 7:15am On Feb 19, 2023
tongue
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by polite2(m): 7:15am On Feb 19, 2023
I stopped giving my tithe to my church wen I discovered that the church does not care for the needy among us. They are only concerned in sending tithes to the GO.

few of us use our tithes to help the needy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by FOOTSOLDIER1: 7:15am On Feb 19, 2023
NO

Obedience is better than sacrifice!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by MaalFreeKaa: 7:16am On Feb 19, 2023
angry angry
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 19, 2023
Tithe is a form of levy. Ordinary residents slaves and subjects pay levies to the king.
As a Prince or Princess, does your father tax you too? Certainly NO. Instead you enjoy His riches in glory!

This is the short answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas / How Joagbaje Became God / Synagogue Collapsed Building Foundation Didn’t Fail Soil Test – Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.