Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed (5926 Views)

Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS] / Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? / Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed by badesco(m): 1:36pm On Sep 13, 2011
That cannot work but merely a paper law. How do you explain a student that got his mate impregnated? will he be liable or his parents? This so call is an ass which not work not only in Lagos but all over the country. Instead of the legislators wasting valuable time and tax payers money on such a fruitless law, they should devote their time to more tangible things that will be of immense benefits to lagosians.
Re: Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2011
//
Re: Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed by Kossy04: 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2011
Anyway, does this include imported pregnancy? If it does, wetin concern Fashola with man from Ekiti wey come dump woman for im sister house for Lagos? If it doesn't, I fit follow all these boys go all these "Youth Programs" on Lagos/Ibadan expressway?
Re: Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed by Outstrip(f): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2011
badesco:

That cannot work but merely a paper law. How do you explain a student that got his mate impregnated? will he be liable or his parents? This so call is an Bottom which not work not only in Lagos but all over the country. Instead of the legislators wasting valuable time and tax payers money on such a fruitless law, they should devote their time to more tangible things that will be of immense benefits to lagosians.

Why should the parents be held liable. If his parents do not want him to drop out of school to work then they will have to cough up the money. otherwise he will need to find work to take care of his child. It is really not that complicated at all.
Re: Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed by MMM2(m): 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2011
ok
Re: Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed by buzcenter: 9:55pm On Sep 13, 2011
omg, dis is so funny.
Re: Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed by software(m): 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2011
na wetin we need be this?
Re: Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed by Johndoe100(m): 8:17am On Sep 14, 2011
What happens when another state disagrees? I mean if my state decides that only a court can decide responsibility will this still work? Who decides paternity of children? What does abandon mean?
Re: Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed by hildaa(f): 11:39am On Sep 14, 2011
nice law
Re: Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed by janiebravo(f): 4:38pm On Sep 14, 2011
This is a very good law, one can see relief coming forth for women and children through this. I know how hard it can be raising a child on your own, not just the financial aspect but in every bit, the child needs the presence of both father and mother. This law would go in a long way to protecting the rights of the child i believe. I do not think by this law it means the woman should sit back and relax, it only means the man should face up to his responsibilites.

For so long i have been scared to face up to the father of my child and let him know this little girl is not feeding on air and she has other needs too, all he does is pay her school fees and the occasional stuffs he gets her, the school fees he would drag all through the term by which time we would have faced a lot of embarassment from the school authoriteis, then just some days back, he said he wouldnt pay the fees anymore becaues he heard i now had a boyfriend or some flimsy reasons like that. I was mad and faced up to him and told him we would have to settle the matter in court then, he kept quiet, being a lawyer himself, i guess he knew the implications. So many times he has reported me to the welfare that i do not take good care of the child at which the officials would ask him if he has kept up with the upkeep of the child, then he would call me and ask that we settle outside court.

The implimentation of this law would definitely help women in my shoes. So go on Fashola! Thats a good one.
Re: Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed by Nekai(f): 12:45am On Sep 21, 2011
^Wow. . .

All I know is that this guy has the right idea.

If the offending guys are forced to marry their "baby mamas" then this law is absurd. What about those women who don't want to marry the guy? What about if the guy is already married? How long would they have to be married for, because some would quietly marry and then divorce.

However, if the law states that the offending guy is required to provide financially or face jail, it is a good step in the right direction. It is not a waste of tax payer money to make sure that children have the financial benefit of both parents. Statistically speaking children with no father support are many times more likely to end up criminals on the streets.
Re: Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed by Nobody: 5:24am On Sep 21, 2011
Nekai, you can get more information on the law on the Lagos State website, it is clearly spelt out, and there is no mention of marrying your baby Mama, it just catergorically states dat the child must bear her/ his fathers last name, the father must have a presence in the Childs life and must take responsibility from conception till the child turns 18, the Father must jointly with the mother provide the beat quality education they can afford for the child

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys, Would You Like Your Wife To Call You Daddy? / Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.