Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,961 members, 7,838,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? (560 Views)

Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor / Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? / Bishop Oyedepo: 10,000 Winners Chapel Members Qualified To Be President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by guysbewise: 11:47pm On Feb 22, 2023
sonmvayina:
DEAR CHRISTIANS WHAT IS A SACRIFICE?

1) Lev 4:32
A sin offering had to be a FEMALE GOAT OR SHEEP! Last I checked Jesus pbuh was a MALE HUMAN!

2) Lev 22:22
A sin offering could NOT be INJURED or have WOUNDS or SORES on it's body! According to the so called "gospels" Jesus pbuh aledgedly had multiply bloody wounds on his body before his aledged death on a cross/stake etc

3) Lev 22:25
A sin offering could NOT have ANY INJURIES or DEFECTS on it's body. Jesus pbuh was aledgedly BRUTALLY BEATEN, WHIPPED & PIERCED prior to his aledged death on a cross/stake etc.

4) Deut 12:13-14
A sin offering had to be taken to the priest & sacrificed on the ALTAR in the TEMPLE OF GOD.
To offer a sacrifice ANYWHERE ELSE was a sin & would make the sacrifice UNACCEPTABLE to God.

Jesus pbuh aledgedly died on a cross/stake on a hill.

5) Deut 12:31 & 18:10 + Ezek 16:20,Jeremiah 19:4-5

The Bible speaks about HUMAN SACRIFICE of ANY KIND is an ABOMINATION to God! This idea comes from the pagans, idolators, polytheists etc that did this to please their false gods!

The days of sacrifice have come. Let us sacrifice good fat animals in large numbers.

Meanwhile it is very sad that Christian insist on sacrificing a human being. Pagans are one who were sacrificing innocent sons.

Deautronomy 12:30-31. Deautronomy 18:9-10, Jeremiah 19:4-6.
God do not allow to sacrifice a human being.

He already ransomed Abraham AS. And gave him a ram.

And Abraham sacrifice was part of test .to see his faith not sins sacrifice.
Moses practiced sins sacrifice by sacrificing animals.

Not human beings.
Bible condemned sons sacrifice its a pagans way. God never commanded or knew it or came into his heart. According to Jeremiah 19:4-6

Plus an animal to be sacrificed is not brutally beaten or tossed . so Christianity has no knowledge what a sacrifice is.

It is high priests who were tasked to do sacrifice not dirty people like Plato, herod.
Sacrifice is a peaceful process. Not paying Judas Iscariot to go and arrest Jesus and u call it a sacrifice. .

Have u seen A son Abraham was sacrificing to be tortured or beaten? .

And Abraham sacrifice was not part of sins cleansing .
Abraham sacrifice was to test his faith. And he passed the test .
And he was about to slaughter his son and God stopped him.

That is to tell us that God don't allow shedding a blood of a human being as a sacrifice.
If it was allowed. Then God would have let Abraham to proceed.
But God stopped it and later on hr condemned such practices as pagans evil practices.
Deautronomy 12:30-31!
God already warned the Jews before entering Canaan not to follow such evil practices.
Such evil practice was already happening in cannaan.
Worshippers of Baal were sacrificin their sons.
Deautronomy 18:9-10
Shedding blood of innocent sons. Jeremiah 19:4-5 .
And Jesus confirmed that he was a human being. John 8:40! Luke 24;39

Killing Jesus is evil and break of major law as well.
Thou shall not kill.
Exodus 20:13
So do u mean God led people to break his own major law thou shall not kill?

Thou shall not sacrifice a son?

So such is evil practice from pagans and Paul copied such faith as we know Paul moved around among the pagans .all teachings of Paul contradicted the laws of Moses.
Even Jews condemned him. Acts 21:21

U have created falsehood against God in all department of your faith
Shame on Christianity
So Christianity faith is pagans founded.

May be u will say no Jesus is a lamb/sheep not a human.
Let look into that.
Bible also call people as sheeps.
My sheep hear my voice. John 10:28-29

Mathew 15:24! I was sent to the lost sheep's.
So the question is u mean when are called as a sheep we can kill u?
Can we kill u in regard that u are called a sheep.?
Why u fail to understand anything?
Bible address people as sheep's/lamb /sharped /snakes /vipers etc.

God prohibited shedding blood of a human being.
God condemned the Jews for killing his prophets.
1 king 19:10, Mathew 23:31-33, Mathew 23:37
So do u mean same God sent one of his beloved servant to be killed as well!!!!?-

Lastly let u know that sacrifice is not a top priority to God.
God's top priority is in obeying his commands turning away from wicked ways.2 chronicles 7:14 .

. ARE WE SUPPOSE TO APPEASE GOD FOR OUR SINS OR HE IS SUPPOSE TO APPEASE US AFTER WE HAVE SINNED AGAINST HIM........?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Repeating the question, may I please know if we the sinners are obliged to appease GOD for our sins and iniquities OR He God is rather obliged to appease we who have SINNED!......? Zaynab Bello

In the past generations when the SIN OFFERING system was active, was it GOD who was sending the rams & goats down from Heaven to be used in appeasing Him OR the sacrificial animal was meant to

come from the flock owned by the SINNER or TRANSGRESSOR to serve as a form of punishment for Him who Might have been rearing that animal for so long a time to sell and raise some money for family upkeep....................?

Since when did God now decide to appease the one who has SINNED AGAINST Him by giving away Someone that precious to Him to be KILLED by the SINFUL hands of the SINNER before He GOD can FORGIVE the SINNER............?

But the funny aspect is, considering all the goats, rams and pigeons used by the SINNERS as a form of appeasing God, this is what He said about them.............Listen carefully Kofi Atta Djan:
-
◄ Isaiah 1:11 ►

"The multitude of your sacrifices-- what are they to me?" says the LORD. "
-
Hosea 6:6 Living Bible (TLB)

6. “I don’t want your sacrifices—I want your love; I don’t want your offerings—I want you to know me.
-
Psalm 40:6-8

In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted, but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required.
-
1 Samuel 15:22

And Samuel said, “Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to listen than the fat of rams.
---------------------------- --------------------------------------------

#Why would Such ☝ a God who takes NO delight in SINNERS constantly appeasing Him with offering of goats, Rams e.t.c.....instead of obeying His command take the trouble of appeasing the SINNER rather with one of His beloved!....................................................................?abomination.
Christians welcome to Islam and we will teach u further about this sacrifice

sonmvayina:
The above post was copied from a colleague wall on Facebook
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by Kobojunkie: 4:03am On Feb 23, 2023
How does one even begin to approach to read through this what appears to be incoherent babbling? undecided
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by KnownUnknown: 6:13am On Feb 23, 2023
No because he was only crucified and not properly prepared as a sin offering. He should have been bled slowly with the fat from his kidney burnt before the lord. Jesus was an unblemished bull born of a virgin heifer but he wasn’t slaughtered properly. The lord even spake this to old Moses.

Leviticus 4
The Sin Offering

4 Then the Lord spoke to Moses: 2 “Tell the Israelites: When someone sins unintentionally against any of the Lord’s commands and does anything prohibited by them—

3 “If the anointed priest[a] sins, bringing guilt on the people, he is to present to the Lord a young, unblemished bull as a sin[b] offering for the sin he has committed. 4 He must bring the bull to the entrance to the tent of meeting before the Lord, lay his hand on the bull’s head, and slaughter it before the Lord. 5 The anointed priest must then take some of the bull’s blood and bring it into the tent of meeting. 6 The priest is to dip his finger in the blood and sprinkle some of it seven times before the Lord in front of the veil of the sanctuary. 7 The priest must apply some of the blood to the horns of the altar of fragrant incense that is before the Lord in the tent of meeting. He must pour out the rest of the bull’s blood at the base of the altar of burnt offering that is at the entrance to the tent of meeting. 8 He is to remove all the fat from the bull of the sin offering: the fat surrounding the entrails, all the fat that is on the entrails, 9 and the two kidneys with the fat on them at the loins. He will also remove the fatty lobe of the liver with the kidneys, 10 just as the fat is removed from the ox of the fellowship sacrifice. The priest is to burn them on the altar of burnt offering.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by Kobojunkie: 6:23am On Feb 23, 2023
Why would Jesus Christ have needed to stand as a sort of sin offering when He instead made it clear by way of His teachings that the only way to be set free from slavery to sin, and this for all those who chose Him, was instead through continuous submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments - John 8 vs 31 - 36? undecided

Jesus Christ was never a sin offering, He is instead the Passover Lamb of God - Exodus 12 - whose blood specially marks Israelites for God's special Nation of Priests - Exodus 19 vs 6. God never stated His New agreement would serve as some sort of sin offering nor offer any of that so why would one assume these things?. undecided
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by Steep(m): 6:33am On Feb 23, 2023
guysbewise:

The animal sacrifice was symbolic, first of all, the life of an animal does not equal the life of a human.
1.The female goat or sheep represent christ submission because female animals are less aggressive compared to the male.

2.The animal must be without bruises represent sinlessness, the perfect sacrifice must be sinless

3. Jesus was his own priest and his body was the temple, since the temple represnt the place where God dwells, God was in Christ.

4. God does not demand for human sacrifice, the sacrifice of Jesus was willingly taken by Jesus to take up our place, just like a man taking the place of his condemned friend.
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by guysbewise: 8:36am On Feb 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
How does one even begin to approach to read through this what appears to be incoherent babbling? undecided

You are the one babbling as you just cannot fault any of the points raised in the post.
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:36pm On Feb 23, 2023
guysbewise:

You are the one babbling as you just cannot fault any of the points raised in the post.

You are talking rubbish because you are trying to use the fallacy of argument by the bulk, to over us down to discourage and prevent us from countering which is an automatic proof that you have no case already

You don't need plenty arguments to make a case. Truth is not established by the bulkiness of an argument.

And for the little rubbish that I was able to see, "It was not man who sacrificed Jesus but God Himself" hence, Hebrews 5.

All the sacrifices which The Law instructed are those carried out by man himself but no man chose and kept and prepared Christ for sacrifice. It was God Who did it All.
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2023
guysbewise:
Cobbling together verses from here to day only to ask silly questions, all of them born of delusions does not a point make. undecided
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by guysbewise: 4:04pm On Feb 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Cobbling together verses from here to day only to ask silly questions, all of them born of delusions does not a point make. undecided

You are the one who is delusional as you are promoting an invented messiah that has nothing to do with the Old Testament just so that you can control the gullible ones.
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Feb 23, 2023
guysbewise:
■ You are the one who is delusional as you are promoting an invented messiah that has nothing to do with the Old Testament just so that you can control the gullible ones.
1. I have never invented anything as I have provided biblical reference on every occasion to back up everyone of my claims regarding the Anointed one/Messiah. We are talking references you have never been able to argue against to this point in our tango so? undecided

As for the Op, Jesus Christ was never a Sin offering so comparing him to such makes absolutely no sense of any kind. undecided
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by guysbewise: 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I have never invented anything as I have provided biblical reference on every occasion to back up everyone of my claims regarding the Anointed one/Messiah. We are talking references you have never been able to argue against to this point in our tango so? undecided

As for the Op, Jesus Christ was never a Sin offering so comparing him to such makes absolutely no sense of any kind. undecided

1. He was invented by the Roman empire and you are promoting a messiah who is not the real Messiah prophesied about in the Old Testament.

2. If Jesus did not offer Himself as a sin offering then what did He offer Himself as?
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Feb 23, 2023
guysbewise:
■ If Jesus did not offer Himself as a sin offering then what did He offer Himself as?
Was Israel in need of a sin offering that you would assume Jesus Christ came offering Him as such? undecided

Here's a better question.... are you even aware of why God promised the House of Jacob a New agreement of peace? undecided
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by guysbewise: 11:45am On Feb 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Was Israel in need of a sin offering that you would assume Jesus Christ came offering Him as such? undecided

Here's a better question.... are you even aware of why God promised the House of Jacob a New agreement of peace? undecided

The question was what did Jesus offer Himself as, but you have not answered undecided

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by Kobojunkie: 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2023
guysbewise:
The question was what did Jesus offer Himself as, but you have not answered undecided
Your question instead was as follows....
guysbewise:
2. If Jesus did not offer Himself as a sin offering then what did He offer Himself as?
You assumed Jesus Christ was a sin offering where there's no valid reason for such an assumption. Your entire thread seems to be based on that assumption too. I am simply trying to help you dig yourself out of that foolishness to make sense of this. Jesus Christ announced Himself instead as God's New Covenant of peace -- Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 - and so I rightly ask you if you are even aware of God promising such to the House of Jacob and the reasons behind the second agreement. undecided
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by guysbewise: 3:01pm On Feb 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your question instead was as follows....You assumed Jesus Christ was a sin offering where there's no valid reason for such an assumption. Your entire thread seems to be based on that assumption too. I am simply trying to help you dig yourself out of that foolishness to make sense of this. Jesus Christ announced Himself instead as God's New Covenant of peace -- Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 - and so I rightly ask you if you are even aware of God promising such to the House of Jacob and the reasons behind the second agreement. undecided

Your foolishness will not allow you to read and know that Jesus offerred Himself as a sin offering.

"For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature,God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering." (Romans 8:3)
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2023
guysbewise:
Your foolishness will not allow you to read and know that Jesus offerred Himself as a sin offering.

"For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering." (Romans 8:3)
Jesus Christ never said He was a "sin offering" nor did He hint at such. So are you here to argue Paul's views or the who of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by guysbewise: 3:35pm On Feb 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never said He was a "sin offering" nor did He hint at such. So are you here to argue Paul's views or the who of Jesus Christ? undecided

Then Jesus would now have layed down His life.
"The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again" John 10:17

"For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature,God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering." (Romans 8:3)
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Feb 24, 2023
guysbewise:
Then Jesus would now have layed down His life.
"The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again" John 10:17

He laid down His life means He must have been a sin offering even though He never hinted at being any such? undecided
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by KnownUnknown: 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your question instead was as follows....You assumed Jesus Christ was a sin offering where there's no valid reason for such an assumption… ……..Jesus Christ announced Himself instead as God's New Covenant of peace -- Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 - and so I rightly ask you if you are even aware of God promising such to the House of Jacob and the reasons behind the second agreement. undecided

Matthew 26 bs 28-30
28 For this is My blood that establishes the covenant; it is shed for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 But I tell you, from this moment I will not drink of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it in a new way in My Father’s kingdom with you.” 30 After singing psalms,they went out to the Mount of Olives.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by guysbewise: 4:04pm On Feb 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
He laid down His life means He must have been a sin offering even though He never hinted at being any such? undecided

How about this, what do you think Jesus was saying here

Matthew 26 bs 28
28 "For this is My blood that establishes the covenant; it is shed for many for the forgiveness of sins"

From the above, Paul was right in saying that:

Kobojunkie:
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
guysbewise:
■How about this, what do you thing Jesus was saying here Matthew 26 bs 28
28 "For this is My blood that establishes the covenant; it is shed for many for the forgiveness of sins"
That verse also doesn't tell you that Jesus Christ is a sin-offering. Let's take a look at what a sin offering is and how it works. undecided

First, what is sin? Sin is disobedience of God's direct commandment or teaching as indicated in His Law/agreement. It is a transgression of the Law because God's Law is all-or-nothing meaning that by disobeying one command, one is guilty of disobeying the entirety of the Law. In the Old Law, God provided for the people bonus tickets by which to have their sins erased — their debt cleared so to speak — and this on one day of the year, the day of Atonement, and this via the offering of the sin-offering. In the Old Law, we find the clearly expressed purpose and application of Sin-offering in Exodus 30 and Leviticus 4. undecided
7 “Aaron must burn sweet-smelling incense on the altar every morning. He will do this when he comes to care for the lamps. 8 He must burn incense again when he checks the lamps in the evening so that incense will be burned before the Lord every day forever.
9 Don’t use this altar for offering any other kind of incense or burnt offering or for any kind of grain offering or drink offering.
10 “Once a year Aaron must make a special sacrifice. He will use the blood of the sin offering to erase the sins of the people. He will do this at the horns of this altar. This day will be called the Day of Atonement, and it will be a very special day for the Lord.” - Exodus 30 vs 7 - 10
A sin-offering is meant to completely erase the sins of the people once every year. undecided

In order to qualify as a sin-offering, Jesus Christ ought to offer His followers an instant fix to the sin debt which they come to Him with. Jesus Christ, God's New agreement, would need to be able to erase all of their sins without much effort on their path to be considered a sin-offering candidate. However, a close look at His Gospel reveals that this is in fact not the case at all. undecided
31 So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to accept and obey my teaching, you are really my followers.
32 You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33 They answered, “We are Abraham’s descendants. And we have never been slaves. So why do you say that we will be free?”
34 Jesus said, “The truth is, everyone who sins is a slave—a slave to sin.
35 A slave does not stay with a family forever. But a son belongs to the family forever.
36 So if the Son makes you free, you are really free.
37 I know you are Abraham’s descendants. But you want to kill me, because you don’t want to accept my teaching.
38 I am telling you what my Father has shown me. But you do what your father has told you.” - John 8 vs 31 - 38
In the passage just above, we clearly see that the path to forgiveness of sins in Jesus Christ —for those who are followers of Jesus Christ — does not in any way mirror the sin-offering described in the Old Law, as those who follow Jesus Christ are clearly individually responsible for:
■ putting an end to their bad ways,
■ repenting from a life of disobedience(transgression of God's Law), choosing instead obedience to His Truth
■ following continuously in the path of obedience to the Truth until one is made pure from sin — set free from slavery to sin — by the Truth
■ Attaining everlasting righteousness through the process of obedience to the Truth of God
see Daniel 9 vs 24

Jesus Christ does not erase sins. Instead, He is a path to redemption for all those who seek to be made free from the curse and burden of God's Old Law or Moses. The onus is on those who follow Him to use that path in achieving a life free from slavery to sin. Those who refuse to live in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments remain slaves to sin and are destined for eternal damnation as a result. This brings us back to what is in fact stated in Matthew 26 where Jesus Christ reveals that He is the New agreement from God to the people. undecided
27 Then he took a cup of wine, thanked God for it, and gave it to them. He said, “Each one of you drink some of it.
28 This wine is my blood, which will be poured out to forgive the sins of many and begin the new agreement from God to his people.
29 I want you to know, I will not drink this wine again until that day when we are together in my Father’s kingdom and the wine is new. Then I will drink it again with you.”
30 They all sang a song and then went out to the Mount of Olives. - Matthew 26 vs 27 - 30
Jesus Christ never insinuated that He is a sin-offering. Instead, He said His blood was poured out for the forgiveness of sins, a path to redemption for the defaulters of the Old Law of Moses — sinners of the House of Israel. Jesus Christ is not some sort of price paid for sins and neither is He a sin-offering nor a sin-eater, so the assumption made by the OP is flawed. undecided

God designed His Old agreement-- YHWH-- in such a way that anyone who has been judged and condemned by the Law cannot then be redeemed by the following of it. In Leviticus 26 and Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 - 56 God provides extensive details of how once cursed, the curse is then meant to destroy the afflicted. There is no way back provided in the Law. Sin offerings cannot reverse God's curse nor erase sin that piles up as a result of the curse. God's New agreement, Jesus Christ, however, provides for the sinners or the Old Law a path back from the curse that leads eventually to eternal salvation which was never available to them via the Old Law, YHWH. undecided
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by sonmvayina(m): 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2023
No...he is not qualified.

Human sacrifice is an abomination to YHWH of the Tanakh
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by guysbewise: 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2023
Then you don't understand what Jesus was saying here:

Matthew 26 bs 28

Kobojunkie:
That verse also doesn't tell you that Jesus Christ is a sin-offering. Let's take a look at what a sin offering is and how it works. undecided

First, what is sin? Sin is disobedience of God's direct commandment or teaching as indicated in His Law/agreement. It is a transgression of the Law because God's Law is all-or-nothing meaning that by disobeying one command, one is guilty of disobeying the entirety of the Law. In the Old Law, God provided for the people bonus tickets by which to have their sins erased — their debt cleared so to speak — and this on one day of the year, the day of Atonement, and this via the offering of the sin-offering. In the Old Law, we find the clearly expressed purpose and application of Sin-offering in Exodus 30 and Leviticus 4. undecided
A sin-offering is meant to completely erase the sins of the people once every year. undecided

In order to qualify as a sin-offering, Jesus Christ ought to offer His followers an instant fix to the sin debt which they come to Him with. Jesus Christ, God's New agreement, would need to be able to erase all of their sins without much effort on their path to be considered a sin-offering candidate. However, a close look at His Gospel reveals that this is in fact not the case at all. undecided
In the passage just above, we clearly see that the path to forgiveness of sins in Jesus Christ —for those who are followers of Jesus Christ — does not in any way mirror the sin-offering described in the Old Law, as those who follow Jesus Christ are clearly individually responsible for:
■ putting an end to their bad ways,
■ repenting from a life of disobedience(transgression of God's Law), choosing instead obedience to His Truth
■ following continuously in the path of obedience to the Truth until one is made pure from sin — set free from slavery to sin — by the Truth
■ Attaining everlasting righteousness through the process of obedience to the Truth of God
see Daniel 9 vs 24

Jesus Christ does not erase sins. Instead, He is a path to redemption for all those who seek to be made free from the curse and burden of God's Old Law or Moses. The onus is on those who follow Him to use that path in achieving a life free from slavery to sin. Those who refuse to live in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments remain slaves to sin and are destined for eternal damnation as a result. This brings us back to what is in fact stated in Matthew 26 where Jesus Christ reveals that He is the New agreement from God to the people. undecided
Jesus Christ never insinuated that He is a sin-offering. Instead, He said His blood was poured out for the forgiveness of sins, a path to redemption for the defaulters of the Old Law of Moses — sinners of the House of Israel. Jesus Christ is not some sort of price paid for sins and neither is He a sin-offering nor a sin-eater, so the assumption made by the OP is flawed. undecided

God designed His Old agreement-- YHWH-- in such a way that anyone who has been judged and condemned by the Law cannot then be redeemed by the following of it. In Leviticus 26 and Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 - 56 God provides extensive details of how once cursed, the curse is then meant to destroy the afflicted. There is no way back provided in the Law. Sin offerings cannot reverse God's curse nor erase sin that piles up as a result of the curse. God's New agreement, Jesus Christ, however, provides for the sinners or the Old Law a path back from the curse that leads eventually to eternal salvation which was never available to them via the Old Law, YHWH. undecided
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Feb 25, 2023
guysbewise:
Then you don't understand what Jesus was saying here:

Matthew 26 bs 28

The usual fallacy presents itself, I see. Argument by pigheadedness or ad lapidem fallacy. Continue running around in circles while I go face better this election day abeg! undecided
Re: Was Jesus Qualified To Be An Acceptable Sacrifice According The Old Testament? by guysbewise: 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The usual fallacy presents itself, I see. Argument by pigheadedness or ad lapidem fallacy. Continue running around in circles while I go face better this election day abeg! undecided

After you have started your Pigheaded Arguments and you have nothing else to say you now use election as an excuse to run away with your ad lapidem fallacy .

This was the saying of Jesus:

Matthew 26 bs 28

(1) (Reply)

Trust In God By Pst. Dr. Paul Enenche / Prophet Kingsley Aitafo Release Fresh Prophetic Warning On Tinubu, Obi, Suleman, / Open Your Third eyes Chakra With Elidaziel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.