Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Don’t Marry Without Investigating – Pastor Ruth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don’t Marry Without Investigating – Pastor Ruth (787 Views)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / Marry Without Dating? Preaching Falsehood. / Is It A Serious Mistake For Two People To Marry Without Sharing The Same Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Marry Without Investigating – Pastor Ruth by aloyemeka1: 12:41am On Sep 13, 2011
[size=14pt]Don’t marry without investigating – Pastor Ruth[/size]
By Vanguard 10 hours 39 minutes ago

In the beginning, the Bible says God made them male and female. The idea that women should be subservient even in the church is not of the scripture as written by Apostle Paul.
It is simply the translation of the people who tend to translate the Bible based on their orientation, environment, level of education, etc. One thing also about the Holy Spirit is that in Him, there is neither male nor female. If you’re male or female and you believe the Holy Ghost will not move in your line, then He will not because He doesn’t force Himself on people.

But if you are a woman and you have the mind of the spirit and you also understand how the spirit moves, then He will move through you. The reason why we are not seeing the Spirit do mighty works with most women is because the environment does not permit it, and the women too don’t think they should be used of God. We actually make the mistake of bringing the traditions and customs of men into the work of God. But the truth is that God uses any gender, and will move if you allow Him.
As a minister called to the area of relationship- both with God and within the family, I teach without reserve on all manner of issues that have to do with husband and wives. I hide nothing!
My work with singles has also been very exciting. I believe we should catch people while they are still single because it will pay off when they eventually enter into marriage. That way, they will get it right!
The first common issue that I’ve noticed among singles is that many want to get married for the wrong reasons. You find people getting married because they feel they are of age, they need accommodation, their friends are getting married, etc.
That’s why we have so many overdue singles in this era! They do not understand the real reasons for going into marriage. You find a lady working in a good company and doing very well, and you notice that she’s looking for somebody who is doing better than her before she can get married. That’s not the reason for marriage!
What stops you from getting married to a man that you’ll help to be somebody in future?
We know, though, that some men misbehave after being helped. That should have nothing to do with you; leave that to God. I also notice that some men too are also looking for ladies that are doing well financially before they can get married. It’s wrong! Why would a man insist on getting married to a lady whose car he can be driving and whose connection he can use to stand? What has happened to his ego? Whether we like it or not, the husband is in charge. And the Bible says God placed him(man) in the garden so he could tend it. But these days, we find lazy and unserious young men turning the whole thing around!
God has revealed to me that in this era, getting married will be an issue, and staying married as well will also be an issue.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/general/110401-dont-marry-without-investigating-pastor-ruth.html
Re: Don’t Marry Without Investigating – Pastor Ruth by HISchild: 2:10am On Sep 13, 2011
"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve." -1 Timothy 2:11-13

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” -2 Timothy 3:16-17

"But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased." - Psalm 115:3, truly, GOD can use anyone for whatever purpose HE chooses, but the churches have set their own rules, not only with re: to this issue, but so many others. The churches are now become like the rest of the world and are thus, under GOD's righteous judgment.

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" 1 Peter 4:17

this was applicable to GOD's old testament heritage /house (national Israel / the chief priests and rulers) and certainly GOD's new testament heritage / churches

"He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." - Mark 7:6-8

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." - 2 Peter 2:1-3

GOD alone is the judge, i pass no personal judgment, just declaring the word of GOD in humility and truth, by HIS grace.
Re: Don’t Marry Without Investigating – Pastor Ruth by Ishilove: 8:06am On Sep 13, 2011
But in vain they worship,teaching as doctrines the commandments of men. Matthew 15:9

(1) (Reply)

Walk In Love – Friday October 21, 2011 – Pastor Anita / Satan Has Power Over Those Who Do Not Forgive Others / What Do You Understand By " Born Again " And How Were You " Born Again " ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.