Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) (80941 Views)

Ado Ekiti Is Underrated / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 12:40pm On Mar 12, 2023
Yeyeboi05:
I went there on a student trip,so I guesss our budget should differ! And I want buy bus,I paid some amount and it covered all expense except feeding! But I know with less than 50k you can get there by bus..I don’t even have an international passport yet,I used the ECOWAS passport ! If you go to a local restaurant,food it’s relatively cheap only their drinks are costly! Food stuff is cheap too…I’ll advise you to go for Foodstuffs and use Hotplate to cook,since the power is steady there! Data is a kinda expensive as I got 4Gb for 4K Cefas but It lasts than Nigerian Data sha! People ride Bike a lot there sha and they like Ankara lol

U enter class. Let's clap for u😁😁😁
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 12:57pm On Mar 12, 2023
lakebless:
pls house, which location in cotonu can I sell used quality iphones and android phones, have been longing for this kind of business overthere before.
Anybody with useful information can reach me on my whatsapp no 09040307304.

Thanks

Don't get u clearly. Are u looking for a place to situate a shop or u wanna be supplying to people here?
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Henrymas(m): 8:54pm On Mar 12, 2023
I'm planning to open a barbing salon in Cotonou. I would need a good and honest barber to run on my behalf.If you live in Cotonou and can recommend someone, kindly do by quoting me, for further discussion and arrangements.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 7:03am On Mar 13, 2023
Henrymas:
I'm planning to open a barbing salon in Cotonou. I would need a good and honest barber to run on my behalf.If you live in Cotonou and can recommend someone, kindly do by quoting me, for further discussion and arrangements.

I may be able to assist but location may still determine this. U can reach out via this Whatsapp number +2349130797074
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by realazalear: 9:58am On Mar 13, 2023
Good morning house. Please what kind of commodities or items can I be buying in Nigeria and supplying to markets in Cotonou and vice versa. I am a trader here and I want to expand my business by traveling out of the country for business supply purposes. Thanks.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Letlovelead213: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2023
Pls I am looking at getting a house in contonu I just asked someone who stays in parakou and he said the rate is 1000 naira to 850cfa... my main reasons for relocating is light issues, network instability and peace of mind which Nigeria unfortunately isn’t providing...

Pls is 250K enough for a room self con in contonu as at 2023 and which area of contonu?? Also any agent in the house to assist will be greatly appreciated ..
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 4:05pm On Mar 13, 2023
realazalear:
Good morning house. Please what kind of commodities or items can I be buying in Nigeria and supplying to markets in Cotonou and vice versa. I am a trader here and I want to expand my business by traveling out of the country for business supply purposes. Thanks.

What are u into first? That will determine how we can advise u brom And B4 commencing on that, it's wise to come over first to see things for yourself, make some more findings and probably buy me beer 😁 B4 u bring ur goods.

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
Letlovelead213:
Pls I am looking at getting a house in contonu I just asked someone who stays in parakou and he said the rate is 1000 naira to 850cfa... my main reasons for relocating is light issues, network instability and peace of mind which Nigeria unfortunately isn’t providing...

Pls is 250K enough for a room self con in contonu as at 2023 and which area of contonu?? Also any agent in the house to assist will be greatly appreciated ..

250k is ok cos after exchange, it will drop in value. Meanwhile getting an agent for u wouldn't be a problem. U must have to be on ground except u have a trusted fellow that can do that on ur behalf. It's best u are around cos COTONOU house e get as e be ooo, so choose your taste yourself. Once u have your money, u can get a house of your choice within a day or two.

Moreover for the exchange rate, it depends too, u can get lesser or higher depends.
If u work remotely, u can go out of Cotonou to reduce the cost of accomodation and increase the standard.

2 Likes

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Munachimso30(m): 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2023
Gatess:

250k is ok cos after exchange, it will drop in value. Meanwhile getting an agent for u wouldn't be a problem. U must have to be on ground except u have a trusted fellow that can do that on ur behalf. It's best u are around cos COTONOU house e get as e be ooo, so choose your taste yourself. Once u have your money, u can get a house of your choice within a day or two.

Moreover for the exchange rate, it depends too, u can get lesser or higher depends.
If u work remotely, u can go out of Cotonou to reduce the cost of accomodation and increase the standard.

Am interested too, but mine is business, like what type of business can someone go into, I what kind of business will you advise someone to go into as a newbie
I speak little French, not much too and learning is not my problem once am in I learn so fast
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by dreaonit: 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2023
Are borders open now?
What are the safe and cheapest transport company to join?
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Letlovelead213: 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2023
Gatess:

Thanks for this
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 11:00pm On Mar 13, 2023
Munachimso30:

Am interested too, but mine is business, like what type of business can someone go into, I what kind of business will you advise someone to go into as a newbie
I speak little French, not much too and learning is not my problem once am in I learn so fast

I prefer to know if u have experience in any first or have an intention of going into any, then I can help advise better or guide u through on how to situate it here.

As for the house, u will specify and it's advisable u are on ground and we can engage some serious agents to help u get a house immediately. Houses are readily available. Cheers
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2023
dreaonit:
Are borders open now?
What are the safe and cheapest transport company to join?

Where are u coming from?
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Munachimso30(m): 11:57pm On Mar 13, 2023
Gatess:

I prefer to know if u have experience in any first or have an intention of going into any, then I can help advise better or guide u through on how to situate it here.

As for the house, u will specify and it's advisable u are on ground and we can engage some serious agents to help u get a house immediately. Houses are readily available. Cheers

The only business I know very well is wrapper, igbos call it (abada) business
But I can do any business, all I need is just few months to learn how it goes
What am asking is what kind of business moves there
Like phone accessories, foodstuffs and co which someone can venture into with a million or two
Your advice is needed
Thanks for ya response 🙏🏻
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 7:15am On Mar 14, 2023
Munachimso30:

The only business I know very well is wrapper, igbos call it (abada) business
But I can do any business, all I need is just few months to learn how it goes
What am asking is what kind of business moves there
Like phone accessories, foodstuffs and co which someone can venture into with a million or two
Your advice is needed
Thanks for ya response 🙏🏻

That Abada confuses me with Ankara but make sure u have a trusted supplier at Onitsha Incase needs be.
Meanwhile seems u didn't take time to read from the top, there are series of biz discussed here earlier like sales of bike parts, used London phones, phone accessories, sales of sewing machines and it's parts, sewing accessories, weavons, ABA made clothes for the females, saloon biz especially the females, computers and kinds of electronics etc.
When u come, I can advise u better when on ground and guide u based on my little experience so far. Wishing u the best
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Munachimso30(m): 9:01am On Mar 14, 2023
Gatess:

That Abada confuses me with Ankara but make sure u have a trusted supplier at Onitsha Incase needs be.
Meanwhile seems u didn't take time to read from the top, there are series of biz discussed here earlier like sales of bike parts, used London phones, phone accessories, sales of sewing machines and it's parts, sewing accessories, weavons, ABA made clothes for the females, saloon biz especially the females, computers and kinds of electronics etc.
When u come, I can advise u better when on ground and guide u based on my little experience so far. Wishing u the best

Nice one
Really appreciate
How much is their residence permit?
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by dreaonit: 6:10am On Mar 15, 2023
From Iyana ipaja Lagos.
Gatess:

Where are u coming from?
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by realazalear: 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2023
Gatess:

What are u into first? That will determine how we can advise u brom And B4 commencing on that, it's wise to come over first to see things for yourself, make some more findings and probably buy me beer 😁 B4 u bring ur goods.

Actually na plan for later this year if not early next year. I have plenty responsibilites to tie down this year by God's grace. I am a farmer and trader. I trade red oil (long term storage mainly) and some other farm produce. I also trade some digital currencies. My wife sells top quality contemproary native designs. Regardless, any straightforward thing that I can buy cheap here and sell higher there will be considered depending on my budget then.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 7:02am On Mar 16, 2023
realazalear:

It's always wise or better going in your line of experience to avoid mistakes. So let's see know the areas u have vast knowledge on and we can advice or help u choose the best.. thanks
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 7:09am On Mar 16, 2023
Munachimso30:

Nice one
Really appreciate
How much is their residence permit?

Sincerely I don't know the official price yet but Nigerians have different ways. Hear say the one wey de enter light na bout 20k
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 7:13am On Mar 16, 2023
dreaonit:
From Iyana ipaja Lagos.

Just old any means of identification and use Seme. I was in lag on Tuesday and just returned yesterday and I passed there. If u are coming and kind of scared of passing the border, I have some ibo boys there that can guide u but u will find them small tips. If u need a number when ready, I can give u one but always let me know and tell them u are from me. Thanks
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Gatess: 7:20am On Mar 16, 2023
realazalear:

Actually na plan for later this year if not early next year. I have plenty responsibilites to tie down this year by God's grace. I am a farmer and trader. I trade red oil (long term storage mainly) and some other farm produce. I also trade some digital currencies. My wife sells top quality contemproary native designs. Regardless, any straightforward thing that I can buy cheap here and sell higher there will be considered depending on my budget then.

On farm produce, an still trying to remember one but I am sure of sewing machine, new and 2nd hand ones. U will be fine with it. Printers too

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Munachimso30(m): 2:00pm On Mar 16, 2023
Gatess:

Sincerely I don't know the official price yet but Nigerians have different ways. Hear say the one wey de enter light na bout 20k

Okay bro
Thanks 🙏🏻
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by BJanta: 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
You're a liar .it's so difficult to make it in Benin unless you're involved in smuggling. Most of them bring their goods and ware to sell in Nigeria. Go to Seme, go to Idiroko border. Go to Golo ,behind Idiroko border. Then you DON'T mess up with their nationals. Once you do they gather up to beat you up. It has happened to me some time before. As I was walking down the road in one of their dry ports , and Okadaman just carelessly rode along and splashed muddy water on my clothes. I was livid with anger, and as I charged to attack him, my friends who were with me shouted " Haaaaaaa' ,and pulled me back. They said if touched him , showing me other Beninois around, they would all pounce and strt to beat. The neither ran away nor apologised. And all the other young men had their eye fixed on me, waiting for what I would do. I'd lived in a border town before and used to go to not only Cotonou, but so many other towns in Benin , like Baningbe , Port Novo , Sakete ,Pobe , Mowodani , Ketu , Iwere etc. I still go there up till now because my wife is from a town on Ogun State that is just about 12km from Benin border. I'd slept and briefly stayed in most of the towns, including Cotonou, several times before. So ,shine your eyes and do not allow anyone to lure you into trouble, just because they want to put Nigeria in a bad light.

2 Likes

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by bola01234: 4:12am On Mar 17, 2023
zx9651:
op stated facts. been living here for
almost four years, initially came for
a degree program which i have completed but i don’t wanna go back to naija. grin

I help people to study abroad and get paid by the university...I have sent you a mail..let's talk
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Prosperity4All: 7:36am On Mar 17, 2023
BJanta:
You're a liar

Then you DON'T mess up with their nationals. Once you do they gather up to beat you up. It has happened to me some time before. As I was walking down the road in one of their dry ports , and Okadaman just carelessly rode along and splashed muddy water on my clothes. I was livid with anger, and as I charged to attack him, my friends who were with me shouted " Haaaaaaa' ,and pulled me back. They said if touched him , showing me other Beninois around, they would all pounce and strt to beat. The neither ran away nor apologised. And all the other young men had their eye fixed on me, waiting for what I would do.
I am yet to see what it is that the Op said you refer to as the reason for calling him a liar .
As for you resorting to fighting just because a motorcycle driving past splashed water from the road on you is so irresponsible and that should get you arrested in any responsible clime.
Also, even in Nigeria (there in your Ogun state) go and slap a Hausa bike guy, then come back and tell us how it went.

2 Likes

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by BJanta: 7:50am On Mar 17, 2023
Prosperity4All:

I am yet to see what it is that the Op said you refer to as the reason for calling him a liar .
As for you resorting to fighting just because a motorcycle driving past splashed water from the road on you is so irresponsible and that should get you arrested in any responsible clime.
Also, even in Nigeria (there in your Ogun state) go and slap a Hausa bike guy, then come back and tell us how it went.

Your understanding is low and your intellect poor. What I mean is that you don't get involved with them, whether you're right or wrong .If you do, you will weep for it. Your poor understanding has shown you to be a person of low intelligence who abjectly lacks the capacity and experience for you're attempting to do.Look at your poor reasoning. Your uninformed response shows you to be an impostor, and confirms you be an unintelligent LIAR . If actually you've been there, you'll neither write what you wrote, or start to argue here.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Prosperity4All: 11:33pm On Mar 17, 2023
BJanta:

Your understanding is low and your intellect poor. What I mean is that you don't get involved with them, whether you're right or wrong .If you do, you will weep for it. Your poor understanding has shown you to be a person of low intelligence who abjectly lacks the capacity and experience for you're attempting to do.Look at your poor reasoning. Your uninformed response shows you to be an impostor, and confirms you be an unintelligent LIAR . If actually you've been there, you'll neither write what you wrote, or start to argue here.
Stupid rambling, low self-esteem
Still same pattern of conversation with your previous post
It's now obvious you need help, more than your friends offered you in Benin. Your mental health.
Will be praying for you.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Lilprocess(m): 7:11am On Mar 18, 2023
BJanta:

Chai see psychiatric candidate oo
It seems you are depressed.
Many are mad both few are roaming.
May God heal you 🙏🙏
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Zaksart: 11:28am On Mar 18, 2023
bello94:
Food is actually not cheap in Benin. As a matter of fact, food is cheaper in Nigeria than Benin. Got that food below for 1k cfa on my last visit. It's true that cfa is doing better than Naira at the black market, but Naira has a better purchasing power than cfa. This is based on personal experience.

What does that picture shows you., It means there's opportunity in the catering sector.

Food is cheap when you buy raw food stuff and cook.
Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Nitingale(m): 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2023
Who go teach me how to reply comments here?
I just dey form 4 3 yrs been on dz app yet could not see any reply to comments button...plz help oo.
I don tire to dey form🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) by Munachimso30(m): 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2023
Nitingale:
Who go teach me how to reply comments here?
I just dey form 4 3 yrs been on dz app yet could not see any reply to comments button...plz help oo.
I don tire to dey form🤣🤣

Click on quote bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Inagbe Grand Resort Owned By The Ooni Of Ife / Which European Country Can I Travel To With 3m? / The Isolated Marquesas Islands In The South Pacific (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.