Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,985 members, 7,848,962 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:35 PM

Please Advise - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advise (2625 Views)

My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / Our Marriage Maybe Seriously Falling Apart: Please Advise Me! / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advise by Nazgul: 9:34pm On Feb 24, 2023
pocohantas:

For your mind, space for market cheap ba?
Just dey play!

Na your type dey write sweet words for business proposal. Until Tinubu and his Iyaloja daughter shows you shege.
Lol, you're funny, market space is between 1-3k depending on the market. If you're in doubt ask your customer when next you go to the market.

I said space not shop.
Re: Please Advise by pocohantas(f): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nazgul:

Lol, you're funny, market space is between 1-3k depending on the market. If you're in doubt ask your customer when next you go to the market.

I said space not shop.

1-3k for a month or daily? What of the numerous fees they pay to different unions? Market no be for the fainthearted o.

But since you said I should ask my customer. Sometime ago she complained they contribute for Tilumboo (in disguise) and the former Iyaloja of the market is now blind, so they all contribute N200 every week as her pension. grin

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Nazgul: 9:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
pocohantas:

1-3k for a month or daily? What of the numerous fees they pay to different unions? Market no be for the fainthearted o.

But since you said I should ask my customer. Sometime ago she complained they contribute for Tilumboo (in disguise) and the former Iyaloja of the market is now blind, so they all contribute N200 every week as her pension. grin
It's per month...those they tax are those staying in shops. Remember I said space not shop.

People selling in space are petty traders, the total amount of their goods most times isn't up to 50k
Re: Please Advise by pocohantas(f): 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nazgul:

It's per month...those they tax are those staying in shops. Remember I said space not shop.

People selling in space are petty traders, the total amount of their goods most times isn't up to 50k

Not true. They tax everyone. Nobody pays 1k per month in Tinubu’s Lagos. Even the aboki selling yam at my local market, I always see ticket of N100 in his wheelbarrow.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise by fuckboys: 9:52pm On Feb 24, 2023
pocohantas:

It has nothing to do with if she is submissive. Most men (INCLUDING RESPONSIBLE ONES) do not have the means to setup themselves, let alone their wives. Leave submission alone and face reality. The money is not there and they do not use submission to collect loans/money in banks.

But she has a valid point, a lot of men do establish their wife especially if she's submissive in most cases.

Of all the point she made, you're only focused on the word "SUBMISSION". You have a problem with that obviously.
Re: Please Advise by pocohantas(f): 9:54pm On Feb 24, 2023
Magnoliaa:

😂😂😂

God, I need that "vawulence can come from any angle" meme rn.

E dey always sweet for mouth. Make the husband give her 1k to get space for market as a submissive woman. She go dey sell agbalumo. grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2023
yumyogo:
■ Hello Nairalanders, I'm need some form of advice.. It's not been easy talking about my personal experiences and i might not write on this platform anymore. Words are not even enough to express all that I've been through, all you've been reading is only a simpler version of all that has happened but it's fine. I used to think I could do it by myself.. raise my boys alone but right now I guess I lack the emotional backing to do so. I'm Lonely, I have no one to talk to .. no family friends to visit or hang out with asides my own family. Days back my son was crying and all he was saying is "Daddy... Daddy..." it made me feel bad. He needs his Dad too and so does my unborn kid too. While some would say "Cheating isn't enough to leave my home" I agree.. I've always forgiven him but it's unending. On two occasions he's infected me and claimed it wasn't him. I don't want to keep forgiving till he gets me infected with HIV.
■ Why am I writing now? I'm actually very Lonely, being a single mum isn't fun. I don't know how to go about this.. I'm not as strong as I had thought. I'm only 25 and it feels like my life is over already... How do I get over this, I need to be strong for my kids but it's not working. Are there activities I could engage in to help me get over this stage at least till I'm able to stand alone? P.S: I called him so his son could talk to him but he was in a hotel with another woman (I'm not guessing)
1. Have you considered seeing a mental health counselor for emotional treatment as you sound like you may be falling into depression if you are not already there yet? undecided

2. You are married — you carry Mrs. badge put— yet you are lonely. I recommend you start by getting mental health therapy so you can get back your mojo and your zing for life. You are only 25 and your life is not even begun yet, so you need to treat your mind so it is in sync with your physical age at least. Then you can go from there. undecided

Also, if you want to come out from this sane and sound, stay the fk away from church groups and church prayer deliverance bullsheet sessions. Those things fk women like you up. Don't let anyone deceive you by such things as there are 10s of millions of Nigerian Mrs wearers like you who have been conned by and then found themselves trapped in the myriad of prayer groups/sessions/deliverance programs of their churches. Many of these women are conned into wasting their youth praying for the men who abandoned them to return. This should not happen to you abeg! undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise by kkins25(m): 9:57pm On Feb 24, 2023
Klass99:

Research shows that early marriage can be a factor that increases the risk of remaining in poverty, especially for women. The reason for this is not farfetched. Marriage most times means children which means more mouths to feed. It also means less mobility which could mean restricted access to employment in distant places as you now have to consider your family. Most times, marriage also means a hold on further education. Copied from Cowrywise Blog

I wholeheartedly agree with you! Too many people (women in particular) get married at an early age where they lack self awarenes, they lack emotional maturity, they lack financial wisdom, they have not broadened their horizons enough nor experienced life on their terms, they are not well adjusted adults either. But they go and take on a huge responsibility like marriage and kids, when they themselves have not self developed or grown in positive ways.

I've been thinking of how to tell some of my ex students about this early marriage something without sounding controlling or trying to "keep them for myself. " silly me, i didn't think of the research approach... 😅😅😅.

Especially the girl that was hitting A's all through.. I'm literally praying that her current relationship crashes so she can focus on becoming the things she used to so excitedly tell me about! Thanks!!!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise by Nazgul: 9:58pm On Feb 24, 2023
pocohantas:

Not true. They tax everyone. Nobody pays 1k per month in Tinubu’s Lagos. Even the aboki selling yam at my local market, I always see ticket of N100 in his wheelbarrow.
Let me educate you on how lagos tax works.

The mallam you see pushing wheelbarrow is moving from territory to territory. So any Egbon Adugbo's territory he enters, he would definitely be taxed. And they don't care how much you paid the last person, as long as you bring your business to their territory you must settle them.

People that sell it market spaces would have every tax (including security) added to their fees, so they won't need to pay any more money. Cos they've already settled whoever is in charge of that territory.

And yes people still pay 1k for market space in Tinubu's Lagos. I grew up in Ojuelegba and lived there for years before relocating so I know all this.

Tomorrow go to the market and confirm what I told you, if I'm right, you owe me lunch.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise by kkins25(m): 10:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nazgul:

The mallam you see pushing wheelbarrow is moving from territory to territory. So any Egbon Adugbo's territory he enters, he would definitely be taxed. And they don't care how much you paid the last person, as long as you bring your business to their territory you must settle them.

People that sell it market spaces would have every tax (including security) added to their fees, so they won't need to pay any more money. Cos they've already settled whoever is in charge of that territory.

And yes people still pay 1k for market space in Tinubu's Lagos. I grew up in Ojuelegba and lived there for years before relocating so I know all this.

Tomorrow go to the market and confirm what I told you, if I'm right, you owe me lunch.
You're talking spread sack on the ground kind of business?

4 Likes

Re: Please Advise by pocohantas(f): 10:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nazgul:

No he wasn’t. He stays in the market and he pays that money daily. 1k for a month? Yea right. Please tell me that market. If she is interested, I will pay for 2 years = 24k. I am sure Nairalanders can help out with the 50k goods you assume they have displayed.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise by NoToPile: 10:03pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nazgul:

The 1k is definitely not in recent years ordinary space for table and umbrella at minor bustops in Lagos suburbs cost much more than that as down-payment is minimum 10k then you pay rent monthly and then daily ticket, this is not even a market just bustop.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Nazgul: 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2023
kkins25:

You're talking spread sack on the ground kind of business?
Table space. Because I personally knew a woman who sold boli (plantain) at Ojuelegba. And that is what she told me she pay per month.
Re: Please Advise by Nazgul: 10:07pm On Feb 24, 2023
pocohantas:

No he wasn’t. He stays in the market and he pays that money daily. 1k for a month? Yea right. Please tell me that market. If she is interested, I will pay for 2 years = 24k. I am sure Nairalanders can help out with the 50k goods you assume they have displayed.
My original post was 1-3k.

If you add that N100 the mallam pays per day minus weekends for a month, you'll arrive at the same figure I quoted in my previous post.
Re: Please Advise by Klass99(f): 10:08pm On Feb 24, 2023
😝

5 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Nazgul: 10:09pm On Feb 24, 2023
NoToPile:

The 1k is definitely not in recent years ordinary space for table and umbrella at minor bustops in Lagos suburbs cost much more than that as down-payment is minimum 10k then you pay rent monthly and then daily ticket, this is not even a market just bustop.
I said table space, go and make your findings and come back to reply me. Stop assuming.

It's between 1-3k. Quote me anywhere.
Re: Please Advise by pocohantas(f): 10:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nazgul:

My original post was 1-3k.

If you add that N100 the mallam pays per day minus weekends for a month, you'll arrive at the same figure I quoted in my previous post.

First, let’s understand the reality of a virtuous and submissive woman with a space in the market. Have it in mind that the daily running costs of her business (considering she has kids) doesn’t outweigh the benefit of her sitting at home. This is what makes many couples opt for a stay at home situation.

A teacher earning 20k/month and the child would have to stay with a nanny of 5k doesn’t entirely make sense. She would incur transport and sometimes these responsible husbands would still be giving her transport money. Make she just dey commot.

The reality of a Nigerian wife is not as easy as this logic we put out here. It is HARD, very HARD and many would give up their productive and active years to raise these kids.

The ones that have it a little easier are the ones that started the business before marriage. So they just plug in. All this, when we marry I will set you up…It is not that easy. No responsible man wants his submissive wife to be sitted in a space under the sun with his child for a daily turnover of 2k. These situations breaks homes because you don’t come home hungry and battered everyday and be happy with the man that put you in the family way.

My best advice to women like this is to learn a skill. Do braiding home service and all that. Better still, find your feet in your career or handiwork before diving into marriage. You are in Lagos and you marry a man in Kaduna. You relocate and that is about the end to your Lagos-market-dreams.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Advise by NoToPile: 10:19pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nazgul:

I said table space, go and make your findings and come back to reply me. Stop assuming.

It's between 1-3k. Quote me anywhere.

What makes you think I am assuming?

Of course I am sure of what I am saying

Table space, space for table and umbrella is the same thing.

Woo good bye joor

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Nazgul: 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2023
pocohantas:

First, let’s understand the reality of a virtuous and submissive woman with a space in the market. Have it in mind that the daily running costs of her business (considering she has kids) would outweigh the benefit of her sitting at home. This is what makes many couples opt for a stay at home situation.

A teacher earning 20k/month and the child would have to stay with a nanny of 5k doesn’t entirely make sense. She would incur transport and sometimes these responsible husbands would still be giving her transport money. Make she just dey commot.

The reality of a Nigerian wife is not as easy as this logic we put out here. It is HARD, very HARD and many would give up their productive and active years to raise these kids.

The ones that have it a little easier are the ones that started the business before marriage. So they just plug in. All this, when we marry I will set you up…It is not that easy. No responsible man wants his submissive wife to be sitted in a space under the sun with his child for a daily turnover of 2k. These situations breaks homes because you don’t come home hungry and battered everyday and be happy with the man that put you in the family way.

My best advice to women like this is to learn a skill. Do braiding home service and all that. Better still, find your feet in your career or handiwork before diving into marriage. You are in Lagos and you marry a man in Kaduna. You relocate and that is about the end to your Lagos-market-dreams.
This is where my second suggestion (drop-shipping) comes into play.

How you carefully ignored it and played the Savage role on the figure I quoted for market space still baffles me.
Re: Please Advise by pocohantas(f): 10:25pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nazgul:

This is where my second suggestion (drop-shipping) comes into play.

How you carefully ignored it and played the Savage role on the figure I quoted for market space still baffles me.

Apologies for that. Please teach her how to “dropship”. Hopefully she is determined enough to pick something and change her situation.

6 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Nazgul: 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
NoToPile:

What makes you think I am assuming?

Of course I am sure of what I am saying

Table space, space for table and umbrella is the same thing.

Woo good bye joor
Yea it's the same thing...and my case study is basically surulere markets.
Re: Please Advise by Nazgul: 10:27pm On Feb 24, 2023
pocohantas:

Apologies for that. Please teach her how to “dropship”. Hopefully she is determined enough to pick something and change her situation.
Teach who?
Re: Please Advise by pocohantas(f): 10:27pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nazgul:

Teach who?

The OP…

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nazgul:
Marrying early isn't the problem. A responsible man can easily set up his young wife financially, it happens all the time, most especially if she's submissive. And they'll both live happily ever. The problem here is getting married to a womanizer. A womanizer can never establish his wife cos he'll feel he did her a favour by marrying her, he'll torture her emotionally, physically, mentally...etc.
■ Even if she's established financially to the extent that she wouldn't need to depend on any man, as long as her husband is a chronic womanizer, she'll suffer emotionally.
1. Dem dey talk poverty, you dey talk something else. undecided

2. How many of those whose husbands supposedly set them up with businesses are able to say they can do without the contribution from their husbands in the home, let alone boast of being raised above the poverty line by it? Go to Market and see how plenty of the women who get tables there still live from foot to mouth come back and tell us another story. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Nazgul: 10:46pm On Feb 24, 2023
pocohantas:

The OP…
I'll just write the procedures here...she can read it and give it a shot.

Step 1. Make up your mind on what you want to sell...

2. Locate a very big brand of the product you choose. Eg if you want to sell female wears, weavons, creams...etc.

3. Meet the manager, introduce yourself and tell him/her your mission. Since you're a marketer, they'll listen to you. Tell them to give you their product to take to customers and promise to deposit their money as soon as the customer makes payment. Some would ask you for your bvn, guarantor, and some other things...so you won't abscond with their product.

4. After striking your deal, take clear pictures and make clear videos of the products you have in mind then go to Facebook and pay for sponsored ads, it use to cost about 7k per week as at June last year. I don't know the current cost. And sponsored ads usually have between 30-70k views.

5. As callers begin to bombard your line, tell them it's pay on delivery. Once a deal has been struck get a dispatch rider to deliver the product, upon delivery the customer pays. You then remove your profit and return the capital back to the company.

Note: your targeted customers should be busy people who don't have time to move about. They'll pay you once they confirm the product is geninue.

If you can maintain between 20-30 sales per month for a start, you're good to go. Cos online vendors make massive profits per sales. Eg a shoe of 15k can be advertised for 25k (cost of delivery inclusive) and if people like it, they would pay.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise by pocohantas(f): 10:52pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nazgul:

I'll just write the procedures here...she can read it and give it a shot.

Step 1. Make up your mind on what you want to sell...

2. Locate a very big brand of the product you choose. Eg if you want to sell female wears, weavons, creams...etc.

3. Meet the manager, introduce yourself and tell him/her your mission. Since you're a marketer, they'll listen to you. Tell them to give you their product to take to customers and promise to deposit their money as soon as the customer makes payment. Some would ask you for your bvn, guarantor, and some other things...so you won't abscond with their product.

4. After striking your deal, take clear pictures and make clear videos of the products you have in mind then go to Facebook and pay for sponsored ads, it use to cost about 7k per week as at June last year. I don't know the current cost. And sponsored ads usually have between 30-70k views.

5. As callers begin to bombard your line, tell them it's pay on delivery. Once a deal has been struck get a dispatch rider to deliver the product, upon delivery the customer pays. You then remove your profit and return the capital back to the company.

Note: your targeted customers should be busy people who don't have time to move about. They'll pay you once they confirm the product is geninue.

If you can maintain between 20-30 sales per month for a start, you're good to go. Cos online vendors make massive profits per sales. Eg a shoe of 15k can be advertised for 25k (cost of delivery inclusive) and if people like it, they would pay.

Thank you!

Cc: Yumyogo.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2023
pocohantas:

Thank you!

Cc: Yumyogo.

Thank you very much pocahantas
Cc: Nazgul I'm grateful

1 Like

Re: Please Advise by Klass99(f): 11:09pm On Feb 24, 2023
😝

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise by pocohantas(f): 11:25pm On Feb 24, 2023
Klass99:

Seven blessings to you, this should be EOD! You just articulated my thoughts and feelings about this whole marriage thing for women.
Beyonce said it best - make sure you have your own life, before you are someone else's wife.

Sometimes relocation is not just the end of your Lagos-market-dreams, it is the end of your life as you know it. Is that not how my friend relocated to join her spouse only to be met with 2k for breakfast, 2k for lunch and 2k for dinner allowance, no job, no friends in the new location, isolation and depression?

Wetin marriage dey do women for Naija ehn! And they say it benefits us more than it does them. Just look at this thread and the other one involving a widower.

But this guy dey try na. 6k a day? Is he a Niger Delta militant? I am sure we had one here that was N500 or thereabout.

When you say these things, they act like they don’t see the truth in your comments. Only a few women would get it right once they are saddled with family responsibilities. It works both ways, but they only agree when it concerns them. Otherwise, they’ll accuse you of recruiting evening newspapers. These same people would still complain that Naija women have no dreams or aspirations. We just want men that will deliver our families from poverty.

I pray for my fellow women… I can’t even talk too much these days.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Advise by cococandy(f): 11:54pm On Feb 24, 2023
Na so easy to set someone up?

Y’all think a shop in front of the house equals financial freedom 🙄
Nazgul:

Marrying early isn't the problem. A responsible man can easily set up his young wife financially, it happens all the time, most especially if she's submissive. And they'll both live happily ever.

The problem here is getting married to a womanizer. A womanizer can never establish his wife cos he'll feel he did her a favour by marrying her, he'll torture her emotionally, physically, mentally...etc.

Even if she's established financially to the extent that she wouldn't need to depend on any man, as long as her husband is a chronic womanizer, she'll suffer emotionally.

6 Likes

Re: Please Advise by cococandy(f): 11:57pm On Feb 24, 2023
Or they’ll say you have a man but you’re discouraging others from getting one.

How many of them will agree to get married today and wait 3-4 years before having kids?

If they can agree to that, I would encourage them to do so. Because those few years can really help with setting a stronger foundation financially and otherwise

pocohantas:

But this guy dey try na. 6k a day? Is he a Niger Delta militant? I am sure we had one here that was N500 or thereabout.

When you say these things, they act like they don’t see the truth in your comments. Only a few women would get it right once they are saddled with family responsibilities. It works both ways, but they only agree when it concerns them. Otherwise, they’ll accuse you of recruiting evening newspapers. These same people would still complain that Naija women have no dreams or aspirations. We just want men that will deliver our families from poverty.

I pray for my fellow women… I can’t even talk too much these days.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise by cococandy(f): 12:02am On Feb 25, 2023
your best days are ahead. 🫶🏽💝🫶🏽💝
yumyogo:
Hello Nairalanders,

I'm need some form of advice.. It's not been easy talking about my personal experiences and i might not write on this platform anymore.

Words are not even enough to express all that I've been through, all you've been reading is only a simpler version of all that has happened but it's fine.

I used to think I could do it by myself.. raise my boys alone but right now I guess I lack the emotional backing to do so. I'm Lonely, I have no one to talk to .. no family friends to visit or hang out with asides my own family.

Days back my son was crying and all he was saying is "Daddy... Daddy..." it made me feel bad. He needs his Dad too and so does my unborn kid too.

While some would say "Cheating isn't enough to leave my home" I agree.. I've always forgiven him but it's unending. On two occasions he's infected me and claimed it wasn't him. I don't want to keep forgiving till he gets me infected with HIV.

Why am I writing now? I'm actually very Lonely, being a single mum isn't fun. I don't know how to go about this.. I'm not as strong as I had thought. I'm only 25 and it feels like my life is over already... How do I get over this, I need to be strong for my kids but it's not working. Are there activities I could engage in to help me get over this stage at least till I'm able to stand alone?

P.S: I called him so his son could talk to him but he was in a hotel with another woman (I'm not guessing)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice-leaving My Banking Job To USA With My Fiancee. / Letter To Responsible Men... / Re-preciousgirl: She Came Here With her issue And You Guys Start Insulting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.