Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,393 members, 7,836,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. (910 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / Pls Can I Use This Car Oil To Service My Generator: Photo / Stranded BMW I8 Owner Buys Fuel From Black Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by Originakalokalo(m): 8:27pm On Feb 27, 2023
.I tried using hose, it didn't work.

How can I get fuel from my fuel line in the engine?
Is it safe?
Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by yomi007k(m): 8:30pm On Feb 27, 2023
grin

Baba drive go filling station go buy fuel inside jerry can joor.

I have tried using hose to suck from car to keg but it didn't work too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by Originakalokalo(m): 8:31pm On Feb 27, 2023
Petrol stations are not selling into Jerry cans.

.... Black market is also very expensive.

Someone should please help
Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by yomi007k(m): 8:31pm On Feb 27, 2023
Originakalokalo:

Petrol stations are not selling into Jerry cans.

.... Black market is also very expensive.

Someone should please help

Which state?

1 Like

Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by Jamahyel(m): 8:56pm On Feb 27, 2023
newer cars don't allow that
Originakalokalo:

Is it safe?

Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by inforesource: 9:09pm On Feb 27, 2023
Originakalokalo:

Is it safe?
Q10

For most of these new generation cars, it's nearly impossible to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by DEXTROVERT: 9:15pm On Feb 27, 2023
Which car model and year,

For.me to such out from corolla 2004,

I got a tiny hose with diameter less than 1cm, and usually climb a rock the opposite side so as to tilt the car towards the fuel pump side. I then stuck it out. This worked well for me

2 Likes

Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by Or11: 9:26pm On Feb 27, 2023
There's a nut on the fuel tank under the car, loosen than with a bucket right under and the fuel will come out

2 Likes

Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by Originakalokalo(m): 10:11pm On Feb 27, 2023
inforesource:

For most of these new generation cars, it's nearly impossible to do so.

Thank you for your response
Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by Originakalokalo(m): 10:12pm On Feb 27, 2023
Or11:
There's a nut on the fuel tank under the car, loosen than with a bucket right under and the fuel will come out

Thank you for your response

1 Like

Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by Originakalokalo(m): 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2023
Or11:

Thank you. Your response is well appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by Originakalokalo(m): 7:46am On Feb 28, 2023
Or11:

Is this true?
Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by nurey(m): 8:18am On Feb 28, 2023
Originakalokalo:

Is this true?

1. The fuel return line procedure
Open the bonnet and remove the fuel supply hose, if short u add urs and channel iT into a keg, start the car and the drilling begins grin

2. The fuel pump removal.
Most sedans have their tank under the back seat, removenthe back seat, loosen the fuel pump cover and probably lift the fuel.pump a little bit. Insert your hose and let the drilling begin.

3. Tank bolt under the car.
The fuel tank has a drain bolt under the vehicle, use you spanner to loosen it and find a rubber paint bucket to help drain the content. I dont always advice this often because if the bolt slacks or you damage the washer of the bolt, it's a fire waiting to happen when leaks trickle from there.

4. The generator trick
Unbolt your generator tank or carry the whole generator in your vehicle they will dispense it to you.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by Kasdat5(m): 8:44am On Feb 28, 2023
nurey:

Open the bonnet and remove the fuel supply hose, if short u add urs and channel iT into a keg, start the car and the drilling begins grin

Most sedans have their tank under the back seat, removenthe back seat, loosen the fuel pump cover and probably lift the fuel.pump a little bit. Insert your hose and let the drilling begin.

The fuel tank has a drain bolt under the vehicle, use you spanner to loosen it and find a rubber paint bucket to help drain the content. I dont always advice this often because if the bolt slacks or you damage the washer of the bolt, it's a fire waiting to happen when leaks trickle from there.

4. The generator trick
Unbolt your generator tank or carry the whole generator in your vehicle they will dispense it to you.

You have said it all sir .
Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by Godsonkemz(m): 9:23am On Feb 28, 2023
Detach the host supplying fuel from the tank and start the ignition for fuel to pump from the host to your 5litres can.
Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by zamanii: 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
Godsonkemz:
Detach the host supplying fuel from the tank and start the ignition for fuel to pump from the host to your 5litres can.

Isn’t this very risky?
Re: Please Help. Getting Fuel From My Car For My Generator. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:24pm On Mar 01, 2023
nurey:

4. The generator trick

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Competent Mechanic/ Electrician For My Hyundai Xg 30 / Fuel, Tires, Brakes, Oil: Four Car Myths Debunked / Car Quiz! – Guess The Name Of The Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.