Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting (2586 Views)

What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do / 5 Page Website For Educational Consulting Firm / Gat A Basic 5 Page Website Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by Eoconsults: 9:59pm On Sep 13, 2011
I need a 5 page website with one year hosting. If you have a cheap solution please contact me on eoconsults1997@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by emekaD3(m): 6:53am On Sep 14, 2011
I nomarly do four pages at 20k but i wont mind doing five smiley

webhosting and free .com,net or org domain name included.

Call moi on 08130280545.
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by joomlaman(m): 7:07am On Sep 14, 2011
@ Eoconsults,
Call 08039508010 for a fair deal.
Enjoy!
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by yawatide(f): 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2011
Nnayi Emeka,

Have you even collected requirements before agreeing to a price? Do you know what these 5 pages will entail? Are you sure that by the time you are said and done that you will even break even at the 20K, after factoring in time spent coding, fuel for generator (assuming you are coding at night), etc?

As a rule, even if you have price in mind, never give it out till you know for sure what is required of you. Just a piece of advice and you don't have to take it if you don't want to wink

Good luck!
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by DualCore1: 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2011
Yawa, most "designers" here are not concerned about breaking even. We have at-al-at-all-na-him-bad-pass "designers" everywhere. They have placed zero value on their time. Its sad but its the reality.
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by Bigdreams(m): 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2011
@yawa,

Thanks so much for this input, it's a life saver.

It's good to know what the entire project entails before naming a particular amount.

@Dual Core,

Thanks also for the input. I have been learning a lot from you behind the scenes. Keep it up! I will definitely contact you sooner or later.
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by weboman: 3:45pm On Sep 14, 2011
It is true that some designers personally shortchange themselves, but these are bad eggs. A professional designer will surely consider his variable costs.
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by Slyr0x: 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2011
Yawa don become inspirational speaker. . grin. .Way to go ma'am. .
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by yawatide(f): 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2011
@dual:
We have at-al-at-all-na-him-bad-pass "designers" everywhere.
Please define the bolded portion cheesy

@slyrox et al:
Thanks. If I ever get the time, my future plans include going around the country (rather, boko haram-free areas cheesy) to talk to various web designers/developers so they know a thing or 2 about becoming better professionals.
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by mkohagwu(m): 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2011
Haha, 

if him talk the one wey i no go fit build @ 20k i go tell him to increase am naw  wink 

but right now i can do almost any volume of work for 20k,  i have big projects that need some capital to complete. (Emeka.d. here am having some ban probs grin)
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by OmniPotens(m): 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2011
Thing to do is first of all, ask client for a full description of what he wants. This should not be "it looks like this or that" but "it should be this and should be that" then you conclude and seal all in a document and not verbally. Once this is certain then you can start talking money issues. Not once you see I need a website then you charge N1,000 (negotiable) and probably end at N200. Where comes the service charge? Where's the hosting? Where are the charges for equipment depreciation and replacements when damaged, payment of staffs, etc. [s]These kinda boys are giving us problems o[/s]

The most problem I forsee is just what I think we will look into on a new thread. Until I start it in some moment.

The many hungry designers around are basically not taking this work as a profession. They just use it to get something for their pass time money so charge anything they want thereby spoiling the image of the industry for actual professionals.

I think open source might be causing much harm than good to some extent and so we need to look into the scenario.
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by emekaD3(m): 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2011
@omnipotens
It only works that way outside NL
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by OmniPotens(m): 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2011
emeka.D.:

@omnipotens
It only works that way outside NL
How do you mean outside of NL?
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by sisqology(m): 5:55pm On Sep 14, 2011
Yawa ãήϑ dualcore has said it all, Please, I need reviews O°˚˚˚,yawa n dualcore, http://www.temitopsy.comn bomb me ur reviews if any :p
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by yawatide(f): 6:15pm On Sep 14, 2011
I get this in firefox (the only browser I use, unless I am testing):
Network Error (dns_unresolved_hostname)

Your requested host "www.temitopsy.comn" could not be resolved by DNS.
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by Slyr0x: 6:19pm On Sep 14, 2011
^^^ remove the n behind .com
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by DualCore1: 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2011
Yawa, hope sey na joke
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by OmniPotens(m): 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2011
sisqology:

Yawa ãήϑ dualcore has said it all,  Please, I need reviews O°˚˚˚,yawa n dualcore,  http://www.temitopsy.comn bomb me your reviews if any :p

Pls create a new thread for your website review.
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by yawatide(f): 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2011
@dual:
no b joke o. I am a big rusty when it comes to the latest naija slangs cheesy
@slyrox:
Merci bien

@temitopsy:
Summary:
1) Contact page menu item is a broken link

2) I think you should reconsider the photos you have on your "about" page.  The "wanted" one in particular might actually cost you business, IMHO

3) The site looks more like a blog than a site that is advertising what you do

4) Services on home page should probably not even be mentioned.  I mean, the average Joe cares less about what technologies you use. Dude just wants a website wink

5) The brown globe in your company name should probably be changed to blue: Looking at it with my eyes, it looks as if the company name consists of 2 parts, "temi" and "psy"

Good luck!
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by OmniPotens(m): 6:51pm On Sep 14, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

@dual:
no b joke o. I am a big rusty when it comes to the latest naija slangs cheesy
@slyrox:
Merci bien

@temitopsy:
Summary:
1) Contact page menu item is a broken link

2) I think you should reconsider the photos you have on your "about" page.  The "wanted" one in particular might actually cost you business, IMHO

3) The site looks more like a blog than a site that is advertising what you do

4) Services on home page should probably not even be mentioned.  I mean, the average Joe cares less about what technologies you use. Dude just wants a website wink

5) The brown globe in your company name should probably be changed to blue: Looking at it with my eyes, it looks as if the company name consists of 2 parts, "temi" and "psy"

Good luck!

Pls let him get a new thread for this so that you can get this settled there specifically for him and not in between a different topic not related.
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by Bigdreams(m): 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2011
OmniPotens:

Thing to do is first of all, ask client for a full description of what he wants. This should not be "it looks like this or that" but "it should be this and should be that" then you conclude and seal all in a document and not verbally. Once this is certain then you can start talking money issues. Not once you see I need a website then you charge N1,000 (negotiable) and probably end at N200. Where comes the service charge? Where's the hosting? Where are the charges for equipment depreciation and replacements when damaged, payment of staffs, etc. [s]These kinda boys are giving us problems o[/s]

The most problem I forsee is just what I think we will look into on a new thread. Until I start it in some moment.

The many hungry designers around are basically not taking this work as a profession. They just use it to get something for their pass time money so charge anything they want thereby spoiling the image of the industry for actual professionals.

I think open source might be causing much harm than good to some extent and so we need to look into the scenario.

You have raised some very important issues here.

In every profession, you will always find people who don't give a damn about producing quality jobs or being professional in what they do. My experience as a welding technician (yes welder) over the years made me realize there are some people who are just ok with getting 'chop money'.

They are never concerned if the client takes delivery of the job today and the job gets spoilt tomorrow. They use sub-standard materials and cover it up with finishing - nice hand brush painting or spraying painting. It's only a professional that can really know the kind of material they used in executing the job.

In this web design/development career, I have fallen into some pits due to my;

- inability to document what the client 'actually wants'

- excitement about getting a job done to hone my skills - I'll rather call this impatience

Now, I know better. Documentation of what the client wants or desires must be clearly spelt out in black and white and agreed to by both parties before price is mentioned at all.

If at the end of the day you don't get the job due to differences in price valuation of the project, you might feel bad but at the same time you have saved yourself a whole lot of arguments and quarrels that would have definitely arisen in the future.

My point here is this; we start-up or budding webdesigners should be ready to do business in a professional manner. This helps us in the long run.

My two cents.
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by OmniPotens(m): 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2011
@Bigdreams
May your days be long!
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by sisqology(m): 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2011
ℓ☺ℓ, the .com was a mistype, Ãήϑ as for the pics, I am №† using 'em all, I just put them there for review
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by OmniPotens(m): 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2011
sisqology:

ℓ☺ℓ, the .com was a mistype, Ãήϑ as for the pics, I am №† using 'em all, I just put them there for review

I said you should create a new thread oga. Please do so. Ok? It's the better thing to do.
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by sisqology(m): 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2011
Stop depressing crtl+p na ℓ☺ℓ, I don't wana xpose stuffs wink
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by sisqology(m): 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2011
Moderator,y can't I edit M̶̲̥̅♈ post O°˚˚˚? I wanted τ̲̅☺ post "I ddnt wana xpose stuffs, but I have hrd, Tnx" now I cnt modify
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by middayhost: 6:18pm On Sep 15, 2011
I sit down look, sorry I mean i dey laugh, sorry I mean do or die !,
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by getbusy2(m): 10:15am On Sep 19, 2011
Do you know you can get hosting for as low as $0.65/mo @ www.hostnesta.com

Check that out and stop paying much for what you can even get for free.
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by aycamry(m): 12:43pm On Sep 19, 2011
@ Bigdreams, You are right friend.
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by frisahost(m): 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2011
@poster , u can contact me on info@frisahost.com or 08080727598,08060344587 with the kind of website u want then i will get back to u with my price,
Re: I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting by kolawole09: 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2011
you can get your own website at www.nigwebhoster.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Register A Domain Name / Learn How To Deliver Your Skills On Fiverr (Legit Adsense Sellers) / Top Questions To Ask Your Web Developer Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.