Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Pupil Sues Teacher For N500m For Blindness In Left Eye - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pupil Sues Teacher For N500m For Blindness In Left Eye (6599 Views)

Police Interrogates Olaseni Osifala, Queen’s College Teacher For 13 Hours / 8-Year-Old Pupil Arrested In Ogun For Reporting His Teacher / Teacher In Lagos Forces Her Pupil To Brush Teeth With Sand As Punishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pupil Sues Teacher For N500m For Blindness In Left Eye by Ninilowo(m): 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2011
You people don't know what it takes to be a teacher. Imagine ur self helping ur child to do just home work. then think of a teacher with 30 pupils of different characters. they can ger someone real MAAAAD!
Re: Pupil Sues Teacher For N500m For Blindness In Left Eye by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2011
in fed govt college ogbomoso, i dropped out of mr popoola's french class because i missed a previous class and he wanted to bulaalaa all those who didnt do his last assignment, forgive me if my french is bad now, it was his fault
Re: Pupil Sues Teacher For N500m For Blindness In Left Eye by Koikoi(m): 8:33pm On Sep 14, 2011
I feel very sorry for the poor girl. Actions like this will make people in authority to sit up and stop behaving as if they own nigeria. If the callous teacher can beat a child to that extent, she must also be ready to face the consequences. ACTION AND REACTION ARE EQUAL AND OPPOSITE. You must answer for your actions- that's what can move this country forward.
Re: Pupil Sues Teacher For N500m For Blindness In Left Eye by MeandSum: 2:00am On Sep 15, 2011
richardoz:

N500m is too much.where will she get it? Though she is guilty for the girl's left eye blindness and should be reprimanded.

if you have half brain you'll know the aim is not to get the money from the teacher. At the long run the state's ministry of education would settle for something a lot less than she is demanding but the teacher would have to pay her from any salary she makes till the end of her life.

Beside, who are you to decide that 500M is too much? maybe you can go volunteer your left eye to that sadistic teacher for free then, useless person.
Re: Pupil Sues Teacher For N500m For Blindness In Left Eye by MeandSum: 2:28am On Sep 15, 2011
Ninilowo:

You people don't know what it takes to be a teacher. Imagine your self helping your child to do just home work. then think of a teacher with 30 pupils of different characters. they can ger someone real MAAAAD!
my take on it is that if you can't teach someone something without beating them you are not qualified to be a teacher. beating only creates fear which means the child would "cram" the subject without knowing anything.

That's exactly why we have people in secondary school that can't even read or write.

And i don't have to imagine helping a child do home work, been there, done that. I have 3 kids , all boys. they are all in the top 10% of their classes and we spent less than three hours a day working with them on their home work, not once did i spank them.

Try it, you may learn something new yourself smiley
Re: Pupil Sues Teacher For N500m For Blindness In Left Eye by UkEmmaxin(m): 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2011
well, anything over  is bad but from a look at things beaten is not all bad, because if  I can remember when I was in primary school our teacher by name Uncle Vino, he can beat even more than normal but then he never a injure any pupil in the school then, so what am I saying beaten your student with happy mine you will see nothing will happen to them but when you beat with something else in mine that is when problem comes.

I remember; if you are beat and wound then you will not reach house before the wound hill that was because of the teacher's attitude the way he play, making fun with them after beaten the student.

Well this amount (500 Million) is small because if you check all she mislay  and all the disgrace and expenses, talk more of the pain is  extremely small, but after the payment what will happen, learn to forgive and forget you don't know what tomorrow will brings tomorrow is pregnant who's know what it will deliver
Teacher learn how to treat your student.
Re: Pupil Sues Teacher For N500m For Blindness In Left Eye by fred2265: 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2011
Re: Pupil Sues Teacher For N500m For Blindness In Left Eye by tgbnetwork(f): 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2011
Ninilowo:

You people don't know what it takes to be a teacher. Imagine your self helping your child to do just home work. then think of a teacher with 30 pupils of different characters. they can ger someone real MAAAAD!

Teaching is not for everyone, if you do not have the patience to manage 30+ kids without raising a finger at them, please go get a job you will be good at.
Re: Pupil Sues Teacher For N500m For Blindness In Left Eye by Ndipe(m): 2:09am On Nov 28, 2011
That is why I am against excessive corporal punishment. If you want to punish a child, either use a ruler on their buttocks or assign them a portion of grass to cut. Haba, the excuses people use in beating up students is way out of line.
Re: Pupil Sues Teacher For N500m For Blindness In Left Eye by richardoz(m): 10:49am On Sep 21, 2013
MeandSum:

if you have half brain you'll know the aim is not to get the money from the teacher. At the long run the state's ministry of education would settle for something a lot less than she is demanding but the teacher would have to pay her from any salary she makes till the end of her life.

Beside, who are you to decide that 500M is too much? maybe you can go volunteer your left eye to that sadistic teacher for free then, useless person.
u are a scumbag that lacks etiquette and good mannerism. Can u afford that huge amount of money? I am not supporting the act in anyway but if u are a reasonable person u should know it was n't done deliberately.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Serious Crisis In Uniben / Hensard University: HSDF Rolls Out Agricultural Entrepreneurial Scholarships / JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.