Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer (1304 Views)

Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University / Aptech Or New Horizon / Urgent Question About APTECH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by Samwils: 12:46am On Mar 02, 2023
Good day pros and gurus in the house, a humble soul yearns for more knowledge.

However, I've been curious enough to take on the Aptech ADSE program ( Advanced diploma in software engineering).

Made a few digging and scrounging for info related to teaching ethics and history. However, it's been a really daunting task and one that comes with lots of downgrading advice from those who percievably finished from there.

First, it's about how it's just about a waste of cash and a fancy certificate. While i understand that even a study at MIT with no self-determination or ability to learn outside the institutions' learning curve is still a waste of time and resources, I've had some time to regret my actions, lol (getting registered today).

However, I'm going to push on with it.

I noticed there's no indepth info on the aptech Learning path. Even if there was, it isn't comprehensive or deep rooted. So, I've taken this step to document everything! Yes, i mean that, (so help me God grin)

That being said, I'll start tomorrow (At aptech)

In the mean time, while i document the journey, I'll be Learning on there (Aptech) as well as on my own.

I fully understand there are very good hands here on this thread, and I'll be so grateful if they could lend a helping hand to a sailing newbie. I've had to learn a lot on my own (non-IT related) and I've come to the conclusion that nothing influences learning than a thriving community.

So I'll stick to my guts and hope i could learn alot on here while i get a formal learning at Aptech.

More info will come tomorrow once i get started.

In the meantime, I'll appreciate any contributions to my learning here as well

Cheers cool

2 Likes

Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by Samwils: 12:59am On Mar 02, 2023
For my self-learning plan. I intend to join a few twitter communities. I've got a few running on IG as well.

The plan is to get acquainted with as many info as possible (be at the top of my game always)

Although the Aptech program has already gazumped a lot of cash (has no intention of panning down for the next 18 months embarassed)

I still plan on getting a few courses on Coursera. I'd appreciate some free resources if anyone has good access though.

Also, i understand the benefits of having a mentor handy (Asides Aptech mentorship)

It helps fast track progress and helps to troubleshoot problems (if i get into any). So, I'll be getting a mentor as well. I earnestly hope i can get one on here who really isn't about the money, but open to impacting on a willing mind grin

So, back to Aptech. I just registered in one of the centers in the South south regions (I won't let out the city cause there could be eyes on here as well)

The fee is currently at 3.150m but i got a discount which slashed that price to 2, 484,000 which is still a whole lot. However, I've set out a plan to sort that out.

I'm a copywriter, so i make most of rubbles from writing. For now, it's probably gonna suffice admidst milking me dry after settling each installment. But it's fine, i guess it's an investment in myself. Hopefully, it yields.

Like i said, I'll be having my first class tomorrow. Two things, I'm curious as well as a little excited.

Curious cause of the stories I've read up, but then it's exciting as I'll have an up-close encounter to figure it out on my own. Hopefully, it's not the stuffs I've read. I sure hope it pans out.

First class is by 9am tomorrow. Think it will span 3 hours or there about.

See y'all tomorrow, peace!
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by nnamdiosu(m): 3:03am On Mar 02, 2023
Samwils:
For my self-learning plan. I intend to join a few twitter communities. I've got a few running on IG as well.

The plan is to get acquainted with as many info as possible (be at the top of my game always)

Although the Aptech program has already gazumped a lot of cash (has no intention of panning down for the next 18 months embarassed)

I still plan on getting a few courses on Coursera. I'd appreciate some free resources if anyone has good access though.

Also, i understand the benefits of having a mentor handy (Asides Aptech mentorship)

It helps fast track progress and helps to troubleshoot problems (if i get into any). So, I'll be getting a mentor as well. I earnestly hope i can get one on here who really isn't about the money, but open to impacting on a willing mind grin

So, back to Aptech. I just registered in one of the centers in the South south regions (I won't let out the city cause there could be eyes on here as well)

They're fee is currently at 3.150m but i got a discount which slashed that price to 2, 484,000 which is still a whole lot. However, I've set out a plan to sort that out.

I'm a copywriter, so i make most of rubbles from writing. For now, it's probably gonna suffice admidst milking me dry after settling each instalment. But it's fine, i guess it's an investment in myself. Hopefully, it yields.

Like i said, I'll be having my first class tomorrow. Two things, I'm curious as well as a little excited.

Curious cause of the stories I've read up, but then it's exciting as I'll have an up-close encounter to figure it out on my own. Hopefully, it's not the stuffs I've read. I sure hope it pans out.

Send me a pm if you are still interested in mentorship. I see a dedicated and willing mind. Trust me, you'll need this.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by Samwils: 4:17am On Mar 02, 2023
nnamdiosu:

Send me a pm if you are still interested in mentorship. I see a dedicated and willing mind. Trust me, you'll need this.

Cheers

Done sir
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by learning22: 4:39am On Mar 02, 2023
Good morning.

Wishing you success in your journey.
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by Samwils: 6:55am On Mar 02, 2023
learning22:
Good morning.

Wishing you success in your journey.

Thanks a whole lot. Really means a lot to me
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by learning22: 8:12am On Mar 02, 2023
Samwils:

Thanks a whole lot. Really means a lot to me

Can we have a one on one chat behind this forum?
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by Samwils: 8:35am On Mar 02, 2023
learning22:

Sure, you can drop me a dm on WhatsApp

Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by nnamdiosu(m): 8:37am On Mar 02, 2023
Samwils:

Done sir

Seen and replied.
Kindly check and revert.

Cheers bro
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by bercarray(m): 9:12am On Mar 02, 2023
learning22:

hey bro, morning, I happened to stumble upon your thread last year, did you later try the decagon?
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by Samwils: 9:16am On Mar 02, 2023
Alright so, like i promised.

Just got to the center. Still settling in..

The instructors said there's going to be a webinar on artificial intelligence and machine learning.

Class was supposed to begin at 9am

Was there at atleast 9.10am.. there's no instructor here. (First day!) cheesy that's a red flag already

I guess they've started on a wrong note. But I'd love to see how this fiddles out.

I'll keep y'all updated
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by bercarray(m): 9:25am On Mar 02, 2023
Samwils:
Alright so, like i promised.

Just got to the center. Still settling in..

The instructors said there's going to be a webinar on artificial intelligence and machine learning.

Class was supposed to begin at 9am

Was there at atleast 9.10am.. there's no instructor here. (First day!) cheesy that's a red flag already

I guess they've started on a wrong note. But I'd love to see how this fiddles out.

I'll keep y'all updated
grin grin grin Nigerians and African time.
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by emmancipated(m): 9:47am On Mar 02, 2023
Goodluck on your journey. It has never been easy, but I believe you'll sail through.
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by LikeAking: 10:11am On Mar 02, 2023
Good luck..
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by learning22: 3:57pm On Mar 02, 2023
bercarray:
hey bro, morning, I happened to stumble upon your thread last year, did you later try the decagon?

I opted for another bootcamp
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by learning22: 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2023
Samwils:

Sure, you can drop me a dm on WhatsApp

I have sent you a message on WhatsApp bro
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by bercarray(m): 7:06pm On Mar 02, 2023
learning22:

I opted for another bootcamp
oh okay
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by Unbiased1: 10:21pm On Mar 03, 2023
Samwils:

They're fee is currently at 3.150m but i got a discount which slashed that price to 2, 484,000 which is still a whole lot. However, I've set out a plan to sort that out.

I'm a copywriter, so i make most of rubbles from writing. For now, it's probably gonna suffice admidst milking me dry after settling each instalment. But it's fine, i guess it's an investment in myself. Hopefully, it yields.

Blood of Jesus Christtttttt. Did I just read 3.15 million naira for the course? So Aptech is that expensive? When I wanted to learn coding, someone introduced me to Aptech but I did not bother following up because I was looking for cheap tutorials. I never knew Aptech fees were up to 3m. Thank God I didn't follow up.
So how long is the course going to run for?

2 Likes

Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by Samwils: 10:11am On Mar 04, 2023
Apparently, it runs for 2 years and a further 1 year to further at Middlesex.

Good thing is, Aptech allows students to make payments in installments, so you don't need to saddle with such humongous fee.

And I'm really i was supposed to update on how it's going. I'll have that done later today.
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by Samwils: 10:12am On Mar 04, 2023
Again, my very reason for having this all out here was due to the fact that i read up so many bad comments about Aptech and how it's a waste of money and all. Plus, for folks trying to get in or aspiring to, there's very little info on that.

So this documentary is to help answer a lot of questions while i study as well.

2 Likes

Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by nnamdiosu(m): 1:50am On Mar 17, 2023
No updates?
Re: My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer by web5000: 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2023
Updates please on how it is going

(1) (Reply)

How About A Programming Collabo On Nairaland? / Do We Really Have Wizard Female Programmers In Nigeria? / Gov. Ambode Assures That Lagos State Will Invest In Codelagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.