Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,675 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University (3022 Views)

My Aptech Journey Diary And Path to Becoming A Software Engineer / Aptech Or New Horizon / Urgent Question About APTECH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by Marvis1010(m): 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2022
Hi guys your help is needed
Am contemplating about going to aptech or a Nigerian university
My dream is becoming a software developer/engineer
after many research about it i found out that the only means is going to aptech Nigeria to take their 3yrs course.
Nigeria schools don't teach programming or software, writing deep codes nd frameworks what they offer from my search is computer science.

Am really willing to go to aptech but their fees is high but considering the exposure and also get direct entry to school abroad made me thinking about them.

Please anyone who has just finished from aptech or is still running their program, advice please is it worth it to go there or study at Nigerian uni

I've searched NL but i got answers from 2009,10,11,13,16 and 18 please i need recent explorers.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by February30(m): 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2022
Nigeria universities won't help in being a programmer.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by harqinhola(m): 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2022
APTECH PLS ... REASONS

Aptech gives u an avenue to pactically learn about tech which is tge future while

NAija Uni only give xposure and nothing more ..

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by Marvis1010(m): 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2022
Thanks �
Do you mind?
are you a student of aptech?
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:48pm On Mar 20, 2022
Go to a university.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by sageb: 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2022
Marvis1010:
after many research about it i found out that the only means is going to aptech Nigeria to take their 3yrs course.
Nigeria schools don't teach programming or software, writing deep codes nd frameworks what they offer from my search is computer science.

Am really willing to go to aptech but their fees is high but considering the exposure and also get direct entry to school abroad made me thinking about them.

Please anyone who has just finished from aptech or is still running their program, advice please is it worth it to go there or study at Nigerian uni

I've searched NL but i got answers from 2009,10,11,13,16 and 18 please i need recent explorers.

Thanks in advance

Aptech is a reputable computer institute in Nigeria.
I visited their office in Uyo back then.
Their service is top notch.
Be informed that in the University, computer science dept. will send you to do I.T during your 4th year.
If your can do both programs then go for it.
But if you need practical tutorship from the beginning then Aptech is the choice.
You can run both University and Aptech as their schedule back then was flexible and student friendly.
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by Marvis1010(m): 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Go to a university.
reasons please
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by Pilopher: 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2022
I would advice you go to a university, go on udemy buy courses . the Interesting thing you would come to understand is that they a a whole lot of your course mate and senior colluge who are already writing codes at different level, so it gives you the better opportunity of meeting them and learning new things.
In UNN you will have the privilege of benefiting from lions hub if you are serious, cause I have seen many student who go admitted , who were unable to write a line of code, but today are having several remot jobs
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by LikeAking: 6:33pm On Mar 20, 2022
Oga enjoy ur life.
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by Marvis1010(m): 8:13pm On Mar 20, 2022
Pilopher:
I would advice you go to a university, go on udemy buy courses . the Interesting thing you would come to understand is that they a a whole lot of your course mate and senior colluge who are already writing codes at different level, so it gives you the better opportunity of meeting them and learning new things.
In UNN you will have the privilege of benefiting from lions hub if you are serious, cause I have seen many student who go admitted , who were unable to write a line of code, but today are having several remot jobs

Thanks for this
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by airsaylongcome: 8:28pm On Mar 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Go to a university.
Tensa, these youngings don't understand. See someone saying Nigerian Universities don't teach you how to program. Or teach you the latest frameworks. They should try a foreign Uni and see if they will be taught Laravel or any of the other fancy frameworks.

I'm a product of a Nigerian University. And proud of that
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:31pm On Mar 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Tensa, these youngings don't understand. See someone saying Nigerian Universities don't teach you how to program. Or teach you the latest frameworks. They should try a foreign Uni and see if they will be taught Laravel or any of the other fancy frameworks.

I'm a product of a Nigerian University. And proud of that

They think that knowledge of frameworks Trump knowledge of the basics lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by airsaylongcome: 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Someone with a deep knowledge of the basics can easily learn ANY framework. ANY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:42pm On Mar 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Someone with a deep knowledge of the basics can easily learn ANY framework. ANY.

Yeah that's why companies test for the basics and not domain specific knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by AgentGoat: 9:59pm On Mar 21, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Go to a university.

If programming or software development is not really taught in computer science courses. What is computer science all about?
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by Marvis1010(m): 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2022
AgentGoat:

If programming or software development is not really taught in computer science courses. What is computer science all about?

Exactly
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by BlaqFaze: 11:30pm On Mar 21, 2022
AgentGoat:

Computer science is the study of computation, automation, and information.

Computer science spans theoretical disciplines (such as algorithms, theory of computation, and information theory) to practical disciplines (including the design and implementation of hardware and software).

Computer science is generally considered an area of academic research and distinct from computer programming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by BlaqFaze: 11:40pm On Mar 21, 2022
Programming is a small part of Computer Science and even at that universities do teach programming with languages like C and java and not new frameworks that come and go... it's like this everywhere even abroad, aspiring students need to understand this...

Our Unis are trying abeg, with the ridiculous poor funding

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by Pilopher: 12:52am On Mar 23, 2022
Marvis1010:

Thanks for this
You are welcome
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by stanliwise(m): 3:22pm On Mar 23, 2022
Marvis1010:

Thanks in advance
Better find a private lesson teacher you can sit side by side. Or a company you can work as an intern and get quality knowledge.

Aptech or whatever you call it might have improved but God knows I don't trust programming teaching companies.

Meanwhile app-tech would teach you practical, University would offer you an educational certificate. Think through it properly.

No matter what to further education you would always need a university cert

But practical skill can get your life started and comfortable. so the two are needed but it depends when
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by wane01(m): 8:47am On Mar 24, 2022
Heyo,

I'm a student of Aptech, currently in my third semester. You're the only who can pick the answer for your self.

I'd advise you consider the following:

1. Aptech's ADSE program is 1year 9months across 4 semesters. ( I don't know how you got 3 years)

2. Aptech's program alone is expensive. My school fees alone is 2.5million+ ( I heard it's now 3million or so). After that, you're expected to do your Top-up degree outside Nigeria to get your BSC. Middlesex's London tuition for Top-up is £14000 ( with £2,500 automatic scholarship for Aptech students ). Add the cost of living and other stuff.

Ask yourself, "Can I foot these bills?"

3. Going to Aptech is not an automatic ticket to be a great Software Engineer. I have alot of lazy classmates from rich homes who come to school to catch cruise and smoke w**d after class.

4. Aptech's curriculum is very deep into the fundamentals. I got to learn several fundamental concepts here.

5. Aptech's learning schedule is very flexible. We only have class thrice a week. It'd be great for you if you work somewhere else and want to attend class at your convenience.

NB: I personally went to Aptech because I wanted the certificate and the prospect of a UK student visa at the end. I was already working remotely as a Frontend Engineer for a San Francisco based company.. I could foot the bills by myself, and the schedule was flexible enough for me.

I can't speak about a Nigerian university... I didn't attend one.

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by wane01(m): 8:48am On Mar 24, 2022
stanliwise:

Better find a private lesson teacher you can sit side by side. Or a company you can work as an intern and get quality knowledge.

Chief...

It's been ages. cheesy
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by stanliwise(m): 10:01am On Mar 24, 2022
wane01:

Chief...

It's been ages. cheesy
abi nah, na work o.
I no dey get time again.
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by tarantino1: 7:47am On Mar 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

And where are you going to be taught those basics? A Nigerian University filled with text to speech software called Lecturers grin

Maybe in some specific technological schools in Nigeria sha cos in mine, one that's actually considered to be one of the best schools in Sub Sahara Africa, only 3/4 lecturers actually taught you the real basics of what should be known.

OP, no waste Ur time
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:18am On Mar 25, 2022
tarantino1:

And where are you going to be taught those basics? A Nigerian University filled with text to speech software called Lecturers grin

Maybe in some specific technological schools in Nigeria sha cos in mine, one that's actually considered to be one of the best schools in Sub Sahara Africa, only 3/4 lecturers actually taught you the real basics of what should be known.

OP, no waste Ur time

But people from the same shitty Nigerian systems are working at Microsoft, google, Facebook. Students in 100 level at unilag are doing their internships at Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley with the same shitty basics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by tarantino1: 9:31am On Mar 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

But people from the same shitty Nigerian systems are working at Microsoft, google, Facebook. Students in 100 level at unilag are doing their internships at Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley with the same shitty basics.

I said some technological schools might have higher standards. OP should look well before leaping.

And two, their personal efforts as well. There's no way you will rely solely on the curriculum of my school and hope to get those foreign internships.

The material we used for Data Structure and Algorithm was filled with typos and the lecturer ripped it off from a blog.

The lecturer for System Programming with IBM 60/70 assembly came to class only two times for the semester and then it was test and exam. The material was last edited in 1970.

The lecturer who thought advanced C and Assembly was a text to speech software in human form. All these and more.

There were only 3/4 good ones, the rest were rooted deep in corruption.

I will say it again, OP needs to do his due diligence and not pick any random school, regardless of the big name, otherwise na OYO go be e name

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:33am On Mar 25, 2022
tarantino1:

I said some technological schools might have higher standards. OP should look well before leaping.

And two, their personal efforts as well. There's no way you will rely solely on the curriculum of my school and hope to get those foreign internships.

The material we used for Data Structure and Algorithm was filled with typos and the lecturer ripped it off from a blog.

The lecturer for System Programming with IBM 60/70 assembly came to class only two times for the semester and then it was test and exam. The material was last edited in 1970.

The lecturer who thought advanced C and Assembly was a text to speech software in human form. All these and more.

I will say it again, OP needs to do his due diligence and not pick any random school, regardless of the big name, otherwise na OYO go be e name

Ripped off grin cheesy. Na wa o. So your DSA lecturer won't even solve the easiest question on leetcode cheesy ;
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by Ajibade123(m): 3:43pm On Mar 25, 2022
tarantino1:

OP, no waste Ur time
what level are you??
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by frankosivue(m): 10:33am On Mar 26, 2022
tarantino1:

The difference between those who excel and those who do not is personal effort.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by thursdayfri: 12:14pm On Mar 26, 2022
Marvis1010:

Thanks in advance

Goto university and learn programming yourself side by side, get online courses that can give you certificate and join programming communities online and offline, every body is a self taught. School is not scam. You can learn programming whilst you are still there and even get a remote offer
Re: Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University by airsaylongcome: 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
frankosivue:
The difference between those who excel and those who do not is personal effort.

Point blank period! Only those who go over and beyond what they learn in school (Nigerian Uni or Aptech) can succeed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help With Python / What Is The Difference Between Linux Ubuntu And Linux Kali? / Introducing SIIT Advanced Diploma Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.