Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

What Does Burnt Offerings Signifies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Burnt Offerings Signifies? (258 Views)

Why Are Burnt Offerings No Longer Practiced Anymore? / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Burnt Offerings Signifies? by Frank25: 7:20am On Mar 05, 2023
let's gather and discuss
Re: What Does Burnt Offerings Signifies? by MightySparrow: 7:49am On Mar 05, 2023
Frank25:
let's gather and discuss

A term we used ithose days in school when you were cooking and you slept off just to discover that the whole food has become carbon.

We'd say: burnt offering.
I did a lot of that! grin grin grin
Re: What Does Burnt Offerings Signifies? by Frank25: 7:59am On Mar 05, 2023
Swearz
MightySparrow:

A term we used ithose days in school when you were cooking and you slept off just to discover that the whole food has become carbon.

We'd say: burnt offering.
I did a lot of that! grin grin grin
Re: What Does Burnt Offerings Signifies? by AntiChristian: 8:09am On Mar 05, 2023
Una still dey burn offering?
Re: What Does Burnt Offerings Signifies? by FxMasterz: 8:46am On Mar 05, 2023
Frank25:
let's gather and discuss
But offering is a pre figure. Old testament activities were shadows of the real images. We have the real images in the New Testament.

Burnt offering today
refers to a life fully didicatrd to God. The offering itself is the human who dedicated himself to serve the Lord the fire burning the offering is the abiding present of the Holy Spirit and the zeal for serving God. Remember 'The zeal of your house has consumed me.' Read Romans 12:1-5.
Re: What Does Burnt Offerings Signifies? by MightySparrow: 10:14am On Mar 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
Una still dey burn offering?

Which is your own?
Re: What Does Burnt Offerings Signifies? by AntiChristian: 10:20am On Mar 05, 2023
MightySparrow:

Which is your own?

Same reason you keep mentioning me!
Re: What Does Burnt Offerings Signifies? by MightySparrow: 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

Same reason you keep mentioning me!

To us Christianits, you are an infidel.
So long you don't pray in the name of Jesus.

Dó you pray in the name of Jesus?
MaximumSide what do you say?
Re: What Does Burnt Offerings Signifies? by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2023
FxMasterz:
■ But offering is a pre figure. Old testament activities were shadows of the real images. We have the real images in the New Testament.
■ Burnt offering today .refers to a life fully didicatrd to God. The offering itself is the human who dedicated himself to serve the Lord the fire burning the offering is the abiding present of the Holy Spirit and the zeal for serving God. Remember 'The zeal of your house has consumed me.' Read Romans 12:1-5.
1. How were those activities shadows of what you pretend is the real image? undecided

2. I am sorry, what? undecided
Re: What Does Burnt Offerings Signifies? by AntiChristian: 6:37pm On Mar 05, 2023
MightySparrow:

To us Christianits, you are an infidel.
So long you don't pray in the name of Jesus.

Dó you pray in the name of Jesus?
MaximumSide what do you say?

How many people did Jesus call infidel?

Jesus name na ruse!

(1) (Reply)

Ramadan 2023: Rules For Married Couples And Relationships (kissing And Intimacy) / Classification Of Angels By Holiness / The Zodiac Birth Dates Explained:know Your Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.