Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Your Mom Of 58 Years Old - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Mom Of 58 Years Old (6490 Views)

What Was The Craziest Thing Your Mom Caught You Doing? / See what Watching Parents Have Sex, Made This 5 Years Old Calabar Girl Do / T Mom Of 6 Who Underwent Surgeries To Look Like Barbie. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by gabbytabby: 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2011
Education is a life long learning that is why people who think they are too old learn are being retired at 55 in Nigeria because they have become stagnant. She is an adult and does not really need your permission. She just wants to have one less regret in her life and what has this got to do with you. If you have any loyalty in your bones you should really be proud of her and do what you can to help her achieve this.
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by ariyebaba(m): 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2011
She should read her BIBLE/QUR'AN dats heavenly education. She should use her remaining years to take care of her grand children.
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by elderly: 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2011
buy her more books
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 15, 2011
What this woman need is encouragement and support there are many online school out there on the internet that can help her without leaving her house or room, may God help her
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by seedord247(m): 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2011
elderly:

buy her more books

Exactly. This is what we;re trying to tell her.

She's in her oold age and she need to get close to God
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by ezeagu(m): 10:19pm On Sep 15, 2011
She wants to get closer to her books. What's the problem, are you Boko Haram?
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by jerryben12: 10:44pm On Sep 15, 2011
I have seen a 59 year old Nigerian back to school to study nursing. Nothing wrong. Makes them think faster and live longer.
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by MissEZ(f): 10:52pm On Sep 15, 2011
why would u stop her? its a good thing
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by tpia5: 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2011
poster

1. are you married and have you produced any grandkids for her to take care of. No.

2. na orogun una be? Why begrudge her a little distraction and self-fulfilment.

3. are you yourself close to God.

4. There are correspondence courses of all types available. Why not sit your azz down and help her sift through suitable ones if you dont want her going to a classroom.

5. do you know how boring overseas can be for older nigerians?
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by kizito96(m): 11:35pm On Sep 15, 2011
In my class during my school years, our Class Captain in the Political Science Department was a 68 years old man. He was a former reporter with Daily times. When we were undergoing Constitutional Development Class, as it came to a point when we wrote about the Independence of Nigeria. We were writing based on what we read but Baba was writing from his experience because he was one of the journalists that covered the lowering of Union Jack. His further explanation of the situation helped us very much and his experiences when sought, made our lectures more easier, even the lecturers learnt a lot from Baba. Allow the woman to go to school and have her fun, otherwise she will die of boredom
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by pleep(m): 11:45pm On Sep 15, 2011
its for personal fulfilment. at this age you would be doing her a disservice by preventing her.
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by mitofag: 12:15am On Sep 16, 2011
tpia@:

poster

1. are you married and have you produced any grandkids for her to take care of. No.

2. na orogun una be? Why begrudge her a little distraction and self-fulfilment.

3. are you yourself close to God.

4. There are correspondence courses of all types available. Why not sit your azz down and help her sift through suitable ones if you dont want her going to a classroom.

5. do you know how boring overseas can be for older nigerians?

What is your problem old hag?

Stop living your fantasies through someone else's aspirations

Your life is over and you will never be able to go back to school.

Tpia, IT IS OVER FOR you. Just do us a favor, crawl to the nearest corner and DIE. DIE, DIE, DIE IJN Tpia.

You will be hit by a truck tomorrow, makes sure to say your last prayer tonight,
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by tpia5: 12:18am On Sep 16, 2011
otherwise she will die of boredom

true, boredom is very harmful in old age.
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by mitofag: 12:20am On Sep 16, 2011
tpia@:

true, boredom is very harmful in old age.

you would know of course
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by tpia5: 12:21am On Sep 16, 2011
mitofag:

@ my mama

mama, IT IS OVER FOR you. Just do us a favor, crawl to the nearest corner and DIE. DIE, DIE, DIE IJN mama.

I will be hit by a truck tomorrow, I'll make sure to say my last prayer tonight,
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by emofine(f): 12:35am On Sep 16, 2011
I will support her every step of the way, after all she is my mother smiley
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by Thirst4Lif: 12:51am On Sep 16, 2011
I tip my hat to this Mom of 58 who's decided to further her education. I'm sure the woman

has supported her husband and raised her family, now it's her time to reach whatever goals

she desires. I hope she reaches for the Moon!

Kudos to Mom!!!
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by Thirst4Lif: 12:55am On Sep 16, 2011

Tpia, IT IS OVER FOR you. Just do us a favor, crawl to the nearest corner and DIE. DIE, DIE, DIE IJN Tpia.

You will be hit by a truck tomorrow, makes sure to say your last prayer tonight,

I think you're a relative of Umar Abdul Mutallab!! grin
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by amblors(m): 1:08am On Sep 16, 2011
this shouldn't even be up for discussion.
why would you want to stop her?
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by marcmuzman: 2:42am On Sep 16, 2011
Everyone was born the right to learn, It makes us human !, I seen personally a Great grandmother went to college at 80 to prove to her Great Grandchildren that a higher education is possible if you make it a priority to do so.

GO MOM WHERE EVER YOU ARE !!
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by hlexzy: 3:06am On Sep 16, 2011
Kc3000:

Make she no go join cult sha!
Damn, You made my day man, hilarious you, shocked shocked shocked how you go think like that? ODE! grin
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by Nobody: 3:11am On Sep 16, 2011
omo abuses left and right,time to zoom out
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by N101: 3:24am On Sep 16, 2011
Some of you really don't think much of older women do you?  The way some of you are speaking is totally disrespectful - I bet you'd never talk to your Grandmother or Mother the way you talk anonymously online.

@ OP - If her brain is still active and she's fit and healthy, why not?  I've known people over 58 who went to University and completed their degree, it's not unique.

But because this is Africa she should sit and wait for death or read her Bible/Qur'an like someone cramming for her finals?
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by MMM2(m): 3:41am On Sep 16, 2011
dats a good idea undecided
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by weebay(m): 5:09am On Sep 16, 2011
*smh* for OP my mom just graduated from university of abuja and shes going for her masters nxt year. shes exactly 56 yrs old.and so proud of her
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by Promiseguy: 5:25am On Sep 16, 2011
i wont do any tin,coz she knows wot she wot instead, i will surpport her in any way i can. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by denzel2009: 5:27am On Sep 16, 2011
There's nothing wrong with going back to school at 58, in fact her determination would make her excel. You can't even stop her, cos you didn't force her to make such decision. Just encourage and assist her in every little way you can.
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by YoruIgbo(m): 5:34am On Sep 16, 2011
My people say if you wake up for morning fowl begin pursue you my brother make you run o, Imagine after 40 yrs she come begin go school? well give us full load because people can only assume circumstances surrounding it and judge.
Did anyone call your mum olodo or illitrate?
Is she preparing herself for political position?
Is your dad a politician and she is worried that if your dad becomes the Governor she won't be the first lady?
Is she trying to waste money?

Because if she go back to school at 58 when she go graduate? ok ok let assume she finishes her course in 5 years then she will be 63 and she applies for NYSC exemption that will be 64  grin Na wah o, so na when she go come demonstrate wetin she learn for the school?
Please tell your mum to save the money and use it to train her grand children , Igaba yi ni aaro ti arugbo nse oge

N.B When you say school do you mean primary or secondary school?  grin grin

Finally to stop her is very simple, just show her all the jobless Nigerian Graduates and tell her that going to school at her age is a big waste that if all these young graduates are jobless who will employ a 70 year old woman? that is if she can complete her course at 70
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by samphilo(m): 5:50am On Sep 16, 2011
i will support her , infact i will pay her fees to encourage her smiley
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by itiswell1(m): 6:19am On Sep 16, 2011
samphilo:

i will support her , infact i will pay her fees to encourage her smiley

Exactly
Re: Your Mom Of 58 Years Old by denzel2009: 6:34am On Sep 16, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

My people say if you wake up for morning fowl begin pursue you my brother make you run o, Imagine after 40 yrs she come begin go school? well give us full load because people can only assume circumstances surrounding it and judge.
Did anyone call your mum olodo or illitrate?
Is she preparing herself for political position?
Is your dad a politician and she is worried that if your dad becomes the Governor she won't be the first lady?
Is she trying to waste money?

Because if she go back to school at 58 when she go graduate? ok ok let assume she finishes her course in 5 years then she will be 63 and she applies for NYSC exemption that will be 64  grin Na wah o, so na when she go come demonstrate wetin she learn for the school?
Please tell your mum to save the money and use it to train her grand children , Igaba yi ni aaro ti arugbo nse oge

N.B When you say school do you mean primary or secondary school?  grin grin

Finally to stop her is very simple, just show her all the jobless Nigerian Graduates and tell her that going to school at her age is a big waste that if all these young graduates are jobless who will employ a 70 year old woman? that is if she can complete her course at 70

The typical wrong impression people have about going to school. Do you know if she just wants to fill a knowledge gap? Must you go to school to compete with other jobless graduates? Do you know if she wants to be a better manager of her business?

If she's got the gift of the gab, she could mentor frustrated peeps or go into counselling.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Not Every Mother Deserves Motherly Love. / Confessions Of A Misogynist( A Man Who Hates Women) / Pastor Or Parents: Whose Decision Is Final On Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.