Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,892 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Help My Friend's Aunt Got Scammed By Fraudsters. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help My Friend's Aunt Got Scammed By Fraudsters. (629 Views)

Uncovered: New System Used By Fraudsters To Withdraw Customer's Money From Bank / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Friend's Aunt Got Scammed By Fraudsters. by sweerychick(f): 8:25am On Mar 08, 2023
This cashless thing is really hitting hard on every individuals in Nigeria so much so that my friend's Aunt got scammed yesterday by fraudsters posing as bank agents. It all started by her recieving a call, mind you she doesn't receive calls from unregistered numbers on her phone but yesterday while she was trying to reconcile some transactions she made with her account a call came in from an unknown number asking her details that they're staffs of First bank, not knowing that they are scammers and the call came in exactly when she was trying to reconcile her account she thought they were genuine and gave them her details including her card details and pin, the started debiting money from her account up to 579,000 it was from a quick intervention from her son that her account was blocked from first bank. Now the debit alert she got was from opay, I told her that if she can get the name of the opay account maybe the scammers might be traced please how do she go about it because she's really really distraught about the whole thing. Can she trace the transaction from opay?
Here's is the number that called her to scam her 09037546924.

I will post the OPAY debit alert she got later.

Mods please push this to front page it is really serious.
Re: Help My Friend's Aunt Got Scammed By Fraudsters. by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 08, 2023
From opay Dem don move the money to a different account, or probably spend the money sef!
Re: Help My Friend's Aunt Got Scammed By Fraudsters. by YeyeGbami: 8:40am On Mar 08, 2023
No bank will ever ask for your PIN.

1 Like

Re: Help My Friend's Aunt Got Scammed By Fraudsters. by famology(m): 8:48am On Mar 08, 2023
She fvck up. Nobody dey fall for this cheap method again na

1 Like

Re: Help My Friend's Aunt Got Scammed By Fraudsters. by KingMack(m): 8:49am On Mar 08, 2023
people are jus too wicked..now dem go use d money tk dey intimidate legit person wey dey hussle ☹️

1 Like

Re: Help My Friend's Aunt Got Scammed By Fraudsters. by ruffhandu: 8:53am On Mar 08, 2023
Your Aunt has not been hearing all these warnings and disclaimer from banks? It's a pity the bank will simply not do anything because she gave out her details herself, so, basically she authorised the transactions. Some places abroad, even if the bank knows where the money was transferred to and is still sitting, they won't do jack because you authorised it.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Friend's Aunt Got Scammed By Fraudsters. by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 08, 2023
If she voted for Tinubu, I won't be of help.
Re: Help My Friend's Aunt Got Scammed By Fraudsters. by clydecarson(m): 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2023
If she voted for obi I can help but if she noted for that thief then make she go search for...I can't help who can't help themselves
Re: Help My Friend's Aunt Got Scammed By Fraudsters. by Reggaemich(m): 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2023
Always use true caller

Truecaller just identified the number as bank scaaammmer

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bouncer Arrested For Raping A Teenage Girl / Prostitution: Olosho Caught After Stealing Her Customer's Gold, Diamond & Things / Crime Against My Late Mum: I Need Your Counsel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.