Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,260 members, 7,811,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland (18099 Views)

18th Anniversary Speech Made By Pastor Larry Mishael / Paralyzed Lady Celebrates 17th Anniversary Of Car Accident That Paralysed Her / 6 Interesting Facts About Nigeria As We Celebrate Her Independence Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Nuhskhut: 7:29am On Mar 10, 2023
Nairaland Forum was founded by Mr Oluwaseun Osewa,who was a student of the prestigious institution,Obafemi Awolowo University,where he studied electrical engineering in 1998, before he left to focus on the forum.

Since its onset,when the forum was created, on the march 10,2005 (it was whe the founder registered), it has been known to be of great place to learn things that revolve around humans.

Anyways for me,I found nairaland an amazing place to conect with people around the world.And I found it an interesting one.

What about you?
How well do you appreciate Nairaland and its founder?

277 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Oyindamolah: 7:31am On Mar 10, 2023
Before he left, meaning he didn't graduate ni. The founder has done a good thing but he should deal decisively with the trial bigots and tribal remarks/comments otherwise he would only turn here to an e-tribal war zone.

In addition, he should listen or have a support thread where complaints, opinions and suggestions are registered.

In all honesty, it been a great place but he has also lost valueable members. From ishilove to lala and to name a few.

170 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by God1000(m): 7:32am On Mar 10, 2023
Nice one, I celebrate seun for creating such an amazing forum, he's also a very good Nigerian.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Joshkid(m): 7:47am On Mar 10, 2023
My whole life,Except GOOGLE I've never learnt more from a website than I have on NAIRALAND, God bless you SEUN OSEWA!!!

302 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by siofra(f): 8:17am On Mar 10, 2023
Wow! So children born in 2005 are already 18 embarassed
Na wa o! I don old finish like this πŸ™†πŸ™†

189 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 10, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Banilla: 11:12am On Mar 10, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Before he left, meaning he didn't graduate ni. The founder has done a good thing but he should deal decisively with the trial bigots and tribal remarks/comments otherwise he would only turn here to an e-tribal war zone.

In addition, he should listen or have a support thread where complaints, opinions and suggestions are registered.

In all honesty, it been a great place but he has also lost valueable members. From ishilove to lala and to name a few.
I noticed that too. He didn't graduate?

Nairaland could have been Africa's number one forum... There are a few foreigners here... But this is a toxic space. Not only tribalism, misogyny too.

Lala isn't a mod anymore?

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Hatrick01: 12:52pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy 18th anniversary of nairaland.

Trolls, will u pls atleast keep today holy?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by nnadychuks(m): 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
I joined Nairaland 2013, and I must say it has helped me in all aspects of my life. I’m grateful to God for letting me come across this platform.
Kudos to Seun

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by naijainstinct: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
Yayyyy!!!!!

Even though the forum has long lost its glory. Thank God for travel, education and job section, bigots and juveniles would have made a complete mess of the forum. Worst is that Seun is aiding and abetting them.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Fxwarrior: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
Hip Hip Hip!!!

Nairaland remains my most visited website.
Thanks seun for this great forum.

Let love lead.

20 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by tega192(m): 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
Oya do give away 9067603283 opay , we don still dey follow nairaland too for years , time to return the love hope you we all corndaters

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
OH YEAAAAAAA!!!
GOOD NEWS ❀️😍 πŸ’–β£οΈπŸ’•

From all of us @ : Happy Anniversary Nairalanders.
Happy Anniversary Africa's BIGGEST FORUM.

Happy Anniversary Our Darling Seun Osewa,
(Olori Oko Bam Bam.)

Where are all the day ones here?
The ones that have been here since 2005,
Let's gather for a selfie guys.

Let's enjoy the day with some delicious foods and Barbecue for All!
Oh la la πŸ˜‹

otokx:
Been here since 2005, congratulations Nairaland, it can only get better.
Wow!
You actually joined April 2005.
You are truly "a day one"!
#Respect Sir.
Things can only get better truly.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by lifeandjoy: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
A big congratulations seun osewa.

I want to use this opportunity to urge my Enugu people to vote for LP from top bottom.

Edeoga is the man for the job

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Generalwoodz(m): 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
Seun, grin Every election year your forum smile to the bank and come back with boxes of crisp naira notes.

So to commemorate this great milestone I propose you select people (18) and give out handouts (18k or 180K)

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by lavylilly: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
cheesy
Let's me use this opportunity to thank the founder, but to also appeal to him to listen to yearning of his forumites.

On NL, there are people from all work of life in Nigeria and in diaspora. It was in Nairalamd I got my first foreign job but unfortunately most foreigners are running as a result of no innovation, imagine Gmail without innovation.
It's was in this same forum my neighbors used to get to Canada

There should be a thread/site specially for foreigners, however they should be verified and kindly always do farewell for your mods. I understand it's business no emotions are attached but the best ship are relationships.

There should be verification badges for members 10yrs and above because you cannot genuinely help people because of 1cent scammers

Delete, user with multiple accounts

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EVERYONE.

Your suggestions to improve this forum for the best is very welcome.

Emoregan:

Congratulations to nairaland
But seriously the tribalism and hate words is too much. I know many foreigners that have left this forum because of tribalism. Seun please sanitise this forum. God bless you
Thank you Sir.
Seun Osewa,
Kindly take note.

All the 22 rules of this forum must and should be adhere to strictly to make this forum better for all.

11 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by 0utlook: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
Good
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by EriMma1: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
Oya My rice and chicken. Seun

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by lifeandjoy: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
These days nairaland is filled with so much tribalism and bigotry. From west, east, north and south.

12 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by BOLATINUBU01: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy anniversary, na 2016 I first know nairaland

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by MyExpression(m): 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
You deserve some accolade.

4 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by IMO01: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy Anniversary

2 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by BlessedOne01: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
Congratulations Nairaland!

Nairaland is a very good Forum because of its "diversity" and wide range of topics that everyone can easily learn from!

Kudos!

8 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by othermen: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
Mr Seun deserves some national honor. I hope he genuinely gets the recognition he deserves.

Although, increasingly, with the manner of nonsense spewed and allowed on the platform, being a member of Nairaland is not a badge to be proud of.

Nonetheless, the platform is perhaps Africa’s largest informal library. And to those who can utilize the platform, it will always be a great resource.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by zinaunreal(m): 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
Go to court

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Adesina18111(m): 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy Anniversary and I am glad to be part of this family...may all succeed in life

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Amuluonyenaego: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
Nairaland should start verifying accounts with money attached, congratulations buddies na we make am so.

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Missing 16 Year Old Girl In Jos, Plateau State / Heartbroken Teenager Jumps From Third-floor Window In Suicide Bid / How To Spot Fake Bank Alert From The Real One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.