Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,385 members, 7,846,629 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? (3508 Views)

I'm Worried, All I Have Now Is 300k / My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by cococandy(f): 10:54am On Mar 25, 2023
why don’t you pay for those services and see how much they actually cost since it’s not a meaningful contribution to the family. Talking about being realistic and generalizing women condescendingly meanwhile you’re the one who myopically has no clue what he’s talking about.

You can never underestimate how much money those “little tasks” that you guys call female duties actually cost until there’s no woman in your house to do it for you. Then you start running around looking for one grandma or aunt to dump the kids with. Or maybe pay for those services. Or have to take time away from work to sort those things. Then you realize it’s not cheap after all.

Speaking like an ignorant child while insulting women who have a more nuanced lived experience than you ever could!!
None sense

Rayban25:

Are you for real? You think what you mentioned is really beneficial to the man in the marriage?...omo sometimes you ladies dont actually sit down to put yourself in a guys shoes...you think everything is rainbow and sunshine. First of all a lot of men in Nigeria dont want to get married because of the economic situation

Number 2 even if they wanted to get married and have 4 or 5 kids you think his income alone will carry all of you? Unless you're willing to contribute substantially to the marriage just leave this fairy tale fantasy cause only a small percentage of men can afford to make you fulltime housewife with five kids

So please face reality.

2 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 25, 2023
cococandy:
why don’t you pay for those services and see how much they actually cost since it’s not a meaningful contribution to the family. Talking about being realistic and generalizing women condescendingly meanwhile you’re the one who myopically has no clue what he’s talking about.

You can never underestimate how much money those “little tasks” that you guys call female duties actually cost until there’s no woman in your house to do it for you. Then you start running around looking for one grandma or aunt to dump the kids with. Or maybe pay for those services. Or have to take time away from work to sort those things. Then you realize it’s not cheap after all.

Speaking like an ignorant child while insulting women who have a more nuanced lived experience than you ever could!!
None sense

Show me where I insulted women here...little girl please carry tears somewhere else...you're just yapping through your female emotions...you dont know what it is to raise a family from the viewpoint of a man

So spare me your Shakespeare writeup and go and find your ignorant playmates to reason with...I wont engage you again

1 Like

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by emmaodet: 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
Acidosis:

Omo.. Bro how did you find yourself in this situation? I mean the fact that you to cater for 8 people.

Also, how do you save?

grin grin grin

Fear catch you? They way people born ehhhhh
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Acidosis(m): 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2023
emmaodet:

grin grin grin

Fear catch you? They way people born ehhhhh

cheesy cheesy

Fear catch me too bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by emmaodet: 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2023
remsonik:
Yes it's OK, if they manage their spending wisely. On your Gen only at night for 2-3 hours. Refill Gas in two months and get an electric cooker to use when there's light.
Monitor amounts spent on outings, eateries and orders.
Use gotv instead of dstv or buy a lower cost plan for anyone you have.
Put off your data and use data when needed only that will reduce the data bundle you buy monthly.

There are bills that are not reoccurring regularly but when they do, they hit you off the track.
Family problem - FIL, MIL or his own parents illness and events like burial, wedding etc that will demand high cash from you that will take you months to recover if not years, family medical - monthly or once in two months hospital bill of a member - kids or wife or hubby abi na local agbo una one they patronize? School fees, house rent, saving to buy and build house etc
These are the hidden expenses we don't calculate into spending that makes family struggles.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Raalsalghul: 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2023
emmaodet:

There are bills that are not reoccurring regularly but when they do, they hit you off the track.
Family problem - FIL, MIL or his own parents illness and events like burial, wedding etc that will demand high cash from you that will take you months to recover if not years, family medical - monthly or once in two months hospital bill of a member - kids or wife or hubby abi na local agbo una one they patronize? School fees, house rent, saving to buy and build house etc
These are the hidden expenses we don't calculate into spending that makes family struggles.

Apt!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by emmaodet: 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2023
Praisepriest:
Do they want to do party. My family of 5 including a new born in January, we don't spent #100 in a month. Na lie. Na Yahoo man

Family of 5 spending 100k per month? $150 for 5 people? $30 per month per person? $1 per day per person? Below minimum poverty index.
Chaiii
And you say people spending above are into yahoo?
Walahi, e no better for Nigerian leaders for the Poverty Dem don put people

2 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by descarado: 4:48pm On Mar 25, 2023
Acidosis:

Omo.. Bro how did you find yourself in this situation? I mean the fact that you to cater for 8 people.

Also, how do you save?
It has happened.
Let's not make him start thinking back.

Yes, he can comfortably save.
Our problem as Nigerians in and outside Nigeria is trying to live above our means. Trying to satisfy ego.
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by descarado: 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2023
emmaodet:

That is the problem..
Most you do extravagant burial and wedding.
Must you give your inlaw what you don't have?
Can't you be yourself?

This constitutes living above one's level and we as Nigerians are very guilty of that.

2 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by emmaodet: 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2023
descarado:

That is the problem..
Most you do extravagant burial and wedding.
Must you give your inlaw what you don't have?
Can't you be yourself?

This constitutes living above one's level and we as Nigerians are very guilty of that.

Believe me, even if you give your in-laws what you can, I still stand on my point, there are many bills hidden that you don't expect that will regularly be coming your way and if you are not prepared, e go fall press you.
My wife told me thunder struck 3 days ago and destroyed my solar inverter with solar comptroller charger. Did I see this coming? NO
Now I have to cough out 190k unprepared for to buy new inverter, solar comptroller and Thunder arrestor.
Last week, I never planned I will encounter such expenses today and this is just one out of many out there.
Is it your car giving you strange sounds and your heart start doing Kim Kim Kim that what is the problem again, is not last week Kabiru collected money from me to fix the alternator etc

3 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Kelechi009: 5:30pm On Mar 25, 2023
Acidosis:

Also, how do you save?

Na juju him dey use na.

Unless he is living inside Kano or Kaduna, there is no way that money would be enough. He is living from hand to mouth. He no go save shishi.

2 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Rubyjade: 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2023
grin
Acidosis:

Also, how do you save?

1 Like

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Rubyjade: 5:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
emmaodet:

Believe me, even if you give your in-laws what you can, I still stand on my point, there are many bills hidden that you don't expect that will regularly be coming your way and if you are not prepared, e go fall press you.
My wife told me thunder struck 3 days ago and destroyed my solar inverter with solar comptroller charger. Did I see this coming? NO
Now I have to cough out 190k unprepared for to buy new inverter, solar comptroller and Thunder arrestor.
Last week, I never planned I will encounter such expenses today and this is just one out of many out there.
Is it your car giving you strange sounds and your heart start doing Kim Kim Kim that what is the problem again, is not last week Kabiru collected money from me to fix the alternator etc
Make them no run you street, is the solar inverter outside the house, why? Let supply you the bolded
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by descarado: 6:03pm On Mar 25, 2023
emmaodet:

Even the govt budget for unforseen circumstances. That happens. But the ones we can control, let's control and minimise the spending as much as we can. There are alternatives too. What I'm saying is that we naturally love living above our means and this is what we grew up with.

2 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Rubyjade: 6:14pm On Mar 25, 2023
descarado:

Even the govt budget for unforseen circumstances. That happens. But the ones we can control, let's control and minimise the spending as much as we can. There are alternatives too. What I'm saying is that we naturally love living above our means and this is what we grew up with.
Nigerian government? NIMET has given a warning that fthe flood this year would be child's play, last year over 1trillion Naira was spent as a result of flooding
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Rubyjade: 6:56pm On Mar 25, 2023
descarado:

Nigerian government? NIMET has given a warning that fthe flood this year would be child's play, laaast year over 1trillion Naira was spent as a result of flooding
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Gerrard59(m): 6:41am On Mar 26, 2023
Rayban25:

Are you for real? You think what you mentioned is really beneficial to the man in the marriage?...omo sometimes you ladies dont actually sit down to put yourself in a guys shoes...you think everything is rainbow and sunshine. First of all a lot of men in Nigeria dont want to get married because of the economic situation

Number 2 even if they wanted to get married and have 4 or 5 kids you think his income alone will carry all of you? Unless you're willing to contribute substantially to the marriage just leave this fairy tale fantasy cause only a small percentage of men can afford to make you fulltime housewife with five kids

So please face reality.

Number one problem....you say the economy is hard yet go ahead to have 5 children. Anything you see, you take it like that. I met a Singaporean couple - both doctors - married for six years but no children yet. Our people go don born 5 within the same period, yet say things are hard.

Una never see anything. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Rubyjade: 6:55am On Mar 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

Number one problem....you say the economy is hard yet go ahead to have 5 children. Anything you see, you take it like that. I met a Singaporean couple - both doctors - married for six years but no children yet. Our people go don born 5 within the same period, yet say things are hard.

shocked
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Acidosis(m): 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
descarado:

It has happened.
Let's not make him start thinking back.

Yes, he can comfortably save.
Our problem as Nigerians in and outside Nigeria is trying to live above our means. Trying to satisfy ego.

As long as he can save sha, he will be fine.

My "monetary policy" is simple: Better to be perpetually poor than earn 1 million monthly with zero savings/investment.

I don't consider 300k or even 1 million a good income until you tell me how much you've saved or invested in 12 months, 24 months, etc.

I've seen too many promising men with great income move from 100 to 0.

2 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Rubyjade: 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
wink
Acidosis:

As long as he can save sha, he will be fine.

My "monetary policy" is simple: Better to be perpetually poor than earn 1 million monthly with zero savings/investment.

I don't consider 300k or even 1 million a good income until you tell me how much you've saved or invested in 12 months, 24 months, etc.

I've seen too many promising men with great income move from 100 to 0.

1 Like

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Kelechi009: 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

Those ones their sperm and eggs are not working. How man go dey GIDiGBA and pikin no go come out, from the Billions of sperms sent down a woman's egg each time. Make dem go do checks with their doctors.

1 Like

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Gerrard59(m): 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
Hamachi:
How did you arrive at 70%? Have you been to all families pocket in Nigeria yo arrive at that?

It can be true na. The vast majority of Nigerians reside outside Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port-harcourt. When these things are discussed, please consider those in Osun, Cross River, Benue, Taraba, Kebbi, Kogi, Ebonyi etc. Abi are they not Nigerians? What is the percentage of families within those states' population earning 300K monthly?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Gerrard59(m): 5:41pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kelechi009:

Those ones their sperm and eggs are not working. How man go dey GIDiGBA and pikin no go come out, from the Billions of sperms sent down a woman's egg each time. Make dem go do checks with their doctors.

It is deliberate from them. Many Easr Asians marry late or postpone childbearing because of the costs involved in raising a child. The result is low birth rates, and I teased him that the prime minister won't be happy with their decision. grin

If public schools were pretty good, this would reduce the cost of education for one's children. The alternative in Nigeria would probably be Federal Unity schools, but only for them to enter public universities/polytechnics which are highly susceptible to strike actions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by kuse2(m): 1:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
Let's put the blame on unavoidable family attachment...

Thankfully I earned much more than that so we can push for some investments

Acidosis:

Also, how do you save?

1 Like

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Newyorkitis(m): 8:18am On Mar 31, 2023
Even Buhari does not spend 300k in Aso Rock monthly.

1 Like

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by bukatyne(f): 8:23am On Mar 31, 2023
Rayban25:

So please face reality.

4 or 5 kids?

Are you whinning us now?

4 or 5 kids
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Rubyjade: 8:39am On Mar 31, 2023
grin
Newyorkitis:
Even Buhari does not spend 300k in Aso Rock monthly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl / I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed / Living With A Dictatorial Father, How Do You Cope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.