Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,551 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life (2589 Views)

Share Your Childhood Photos. Let’s Appreciate How Far We’ve Come. 2023! / No Matter How Far You Have Gone The Wrong Path, You Can Always Turn Around / My Mom’s Market List 1984: See How Far Nigeria Has Gone (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by boiz2men(m): 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
SeaTrade:
The bolded are very dangerous feelings to have as an entrepreneur,snap out of it ASAP if you can.
I felt same way too some years back and it took bailouts upon bailouts from my mother to get me back on track.
Be very careful with content ,because what follows will be "relax" and then you start to get sloppy,you stop paying attention and then you'll find yourself on the ground.
I am still feeling this way again but I fight it by heaping huge responsibilities and setting higher targets on my enterprise and my team,adding businesses to it steadily so that it keeps me and the team on our toes and increase our obligations and hence increase our hunger.
Be careful.

Oh boy. You described it perfectly.

When I was ambitious, I used to have high targets for the year. It started from 1m/year and it grew every higher until it was 20m/year over 5 years then I stopped setting targets cos it all happened so fast. I guess I have to give me some unrealistic targets to really get out of this feeling
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by FriendsAndFans(m): 2:08pm On Mar 23, 2023
Honeydenz hi
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2023
Klass99:

Exactly! How many kids does Tinubu have? I am only aware of two. But you see a poor man's mentality is to have more than necessary, I will never understand what drives them.

I have always wondered, did Remi give birth to children, please tell me

1 Like

Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2023
Gerrard59:

It is like compound interest. When the first family is established, invariably, successive generations would become more established and even wealthy. Na part of the reasons some African Americans say the success of Nigerian-Americans should not be used to judge the success of black people in the US because those Nigerians by virtue of going through the US immigration system, are the best and brightest from Nigeria. The same would play out in Canada compared to blacks who have been domiciled there for many generations.

It is usually hard for the first generation and maybe second. A lot of sacrifices and delayed gratification have to be made. One major way is to have few children instead of many children. That way, little resources can be managed for the benefit of everyone. Another is delayed gratification. The first generation should postpone some purchases and expenses so that their offsprings' education can be catered for properly. Education still remains the surest way to a middle class lifestyle in a country where things work and the economy is pretty good. Buhari and his cohorts have severely destroyed the Nigerian economy. Also, insecurity has rendered many people poorer than before.

In developed countries, especially those who got developed and prosperous within a short period of time, parents pay very close attention to their children's education and development. This applies to Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, China, South Korea etc. For instance, Chinese who migrated to the west during the '80s and '90s faced many challenges, but they persevered and were focused. Today, their children are reaping the fruits of their parents' labour and enjoying life. At the same time, it is very important for the first and second generations to discipline themselves not to be wayward. Again, these Asians know it so well, and very few are wayward compared to other races. Waywardness can destroy everything the previous generation built. To build is hard, to destroy is easy.

With the Internet comes easy access to information, however, this means greater and stiffer competition for scarce resources. People from less financially comfortable backgrounds should be properly and timely informed, plan their lives well and play delayed gratification. It is hard at first (nothing good comes easy), but it pays in the long run.

You are a hub of wisdom... Parents need to pay more attention to their children grow and education that's the inky way to break out if poverty
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by Klass99(f): 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2023
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by Villa12(m): 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2023
shantti:
Being born in Nigeria puts you in a disadvantageous situation. Nigeria is a dream killer. There are many times I've wished I wasn't born
same here bro. I have questioned my parents several times why did they gave birth to me.
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2023
Klass99:

I don't know anything about Remi, other than the fact that she is The Jagaban's spouse and a former senator for Lagos State.

She.has done we'll keeping her personal life off social media despite her huge political career...
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by Tayorshd2(m): 10:43pm On Mar 23, 2023
We have found ourselves in such situation and what can a man do than to accept life or nature the way he sees it

Only 2% of human can pass the social scale to be wealthy if she/he is not from a wealthy background..
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by seanwilliam(m): 7:30am On Mar 31, 2023
woginid967:

You can make money from NOTHING.... I can tell you many ways i have made money from nothing.... So pls practically your family background has nothing to do with how great you will become. Ask obama who was in kenya and years later became USA president....

See children of the privileged like tinubu, can only use their fathers name.... But those of us from poor or average family generations are the ones breaking through now in tech, social media, etc.

No diabolism, no shortcuts, no mago mago.

So that you dont think I'm marketing anything or anyone, let me tell you how i made money as little as 570k, i was broke and hungry for days, family couldnt help, I am good at making friends and acquaintances, so my WhatsApp status at that time was about 746 views. At that time, i have been on hinger strike for 4 days, drinking water and visiting people hoping they'll give me food... Even bricklayer job was not available yet I'm a graduate, I sent one message to all the 700+ people that I need 500 to 1k for urgent help because i have not eaten and i was sick and need medical checkup and also I will refund the next month, well not all of them replied, some blocked me but i got 570k that week, with some promising foodstuff and others telling me not to refund. I used 100k to take care of myself for two months. Invested the rest in crypto and bale of clothes from Onitsha, which i started selling online ad delivering by myself. To cut this story short, i posted on my status thanking everyone and telling them what I did with the money, guess what, more started giving till i got 970k over the following 2weeks.... by the 4th month, i put my profit plus the donations together and bought a car for uber making 460k monthly, and the rest is history, under 7 months from zero to business man. It is my own story.

See, you cant be broke poor and hostile to friends.... Thats death. If you dont have money, at least be friendly, and with little wise idea you condition will change.

If you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, you'll be successful, period

Bro, from your write up, you’re still average and yet to find your feet. What u managed to achieve can only take care of your mouth and maybe 1or 2 highest .
By the time bills pile up, you’ll realize you’re not far from square 1 and if you manage to chest the bills , when you die, the struggle continues. You’re yet to create a generational wealth with that so you’re still not far from poverty. We’re not talking about surviving here , we’re talking about living life .

Don’t get me wrong, I know your story is motivating by sensitizing people to think out of the box, but I still maintain that creating generation wealth and living extremely affluent life have to do with your family background and environment most time.

Tinubu offsprings have higher chance to be successful than you are even if they’re not THAT hard working and smart , while you on the other hand will need to be extremely lucky and smart to even ‘compete’ not to talk of beating them to wealth-building games.

I’m in no way attacking you , I hope you read this with a balanced perspective.
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by seanwilliam(m): 7:34am On Mar 31, 2023
sisisioge:

You are one of the lucky ones. And yes, there are some exceptions to the phenomenon who show a lot of zeal and resilience to break out of the chain. I totally agree with the OP.
the guy you quoted doesn’t understand the difference between living life and surviving.

what he’s achieved is still average and has not stood the test of time. For a person who comes from an humble background to create generational wealth, he needs to be extremely lucky and super smart.
Family and environment play vital roles in what we become in life Walai ta lai.
You need to walk extra extra extra miles and be super lucky to defeat those two factors .

It seems people mistake wealth for building 3 bedroom bungalow and using muscle camry. Something wey be say if him get serious health issues, all him property no go solve am.

I’m not underrating his achievements as I’m still struggling too in the grand scheme of thing , but make we Dey tell our selves the reality .

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by bukatyne(f): 7:49am On Mar 31, 2023
Honeydenz:
Thinking aloud all through last night, I have thought very deeply till 1am this morning on how a particular pattern Of wealth and affluence drives In a family and society expecially in this part of the world.

Studying the life of rich and influential individuals in the society, most of them seem to come from an already established or comfortable home, this worries me since I and my siblings aren't really from a well-to-do home or a rich background.
For example,
Seyi tinubu is already successful and famous and doing well, all thanks to his father Bola tinubu and understandably, tinubu himself also had a rich parent and studied in the US and With the western exposure they come back home and do great things, Obaseki of Edo state, Femi otedola's father was a governor of Lagos state, I can go on and on.
Your background and the environment you grew up in either impacts your life positively, or negatively, and could determine your future. But only if you allow it to. From the experiences of many, a humble upbringing, absence of one parent or lack of education does not mean that your future is doomed.

What's your opinion? Please no sentiments, religious or emotional comments pls, only reasonable argument is welcome.
would really appreciate if this can get to the front page for more logical explanations.

@bold:

This part of your OP has answered your question.

It takes intentionality, breaking patterns, prayers/grace however, it can be done.

Good luck 🤞 or Fighting 💪

1 Like

Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by seanwilliam(m): 8:03am On Mar 31, 2023
Gerrard59:

It is like compound interest. When the first family is established, invariably, successive generations would become more established and even wealthy. Na part of the reasons some African Americans say the success of Nigerian-Americans should not be used to judge the success of black people in the US because those Nigerians by virtue of going through the US immigration system, are the best and brightest from Nigeria. The same would play out in Canada compared to blacks who have been domiciled there for many generations.

It is usually hard for the first generation and maybe second. A lot of sacrifices and delayed gratification have to be made. One major way is to have few children instead of many children. That way, little resources can be managed for the benefit of everyone. Another is delayed gratification. The first generation should postpone some purchases and expenses so that their offsprings' education can be catered for properly. Education still remains the surest way to a middle class lifestyle in a country where things work and the economy is pretty good. Buhari and his cohorts have severely destroyed the Nigerian economy. Also, insecurity has rendered many people poorer than before.

In developed countries, especially those who got developed and prosperous within a short period of time, parents pay very close attention to their children's education and development. This applies to Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, China, South Korea etc. For instance, Chinese who migrated to the west during the '80s and '90s faced many challenges, but they persevered and were focused. Today, their children are reaping the fruits of their parents' labour and enjoying life. At the same time, it is very important for the first and second generations to discipline themselves not to be wayward. Again, these Asians know it so well, and very few are wayward compared to other races. Waywardness can destroy everything the previous generation built. To build is hard, to destroy is easy.

With the Internet comes easy access to information, however, this means greater and stiffer competition for scarce resources. People from less financially comfortable backgrounds should be properly and timely informed, plan their lives well and play delayed gratification. It is hard at first (nothing good comes easy), but it pays in the long run.
omo, you’re one of the reasons I’m addicted to nairaland. 99% of people will never understand the bolded
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by bukatyne(f): 8:11am On Mar 31, 2023
@klass99, why did you delete your posts on this thread,?

The few that was quoted was very interesting.
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by Fab21: 8:18am On Mar 31, 2023
Seems some are comparing or don't understand 'living life and surviving'.

Sincerely, like someone have said earlier they're quite different.
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by seanwilliam(m): 8:23am On Mar 31, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
what opportunities are you blabbing about....
Shey you no dey poor as you dey type all this rubbish...
If you were this smart to see opportunities why are you not as rich as Elon Musk...🤣🤣🤣

Keep quiet my friend you don't know anything if you had any atom of knowledge you would have used it for better things instead of arguing senselessly everyday on this forum...

You get time, that guy will get you so frustrated so tey e go be like make u slap am though phone grin me no Dey reply am
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by seanwilliam(m): 8:46am On Mar 31, 2023
Fab21:
Seems some are comparing or don't understand 'living life and surviving'.

Sincerely, like someone have said earlier they're quite different.

why did you delete this post?
I had to screenshot cos there’s so much sense in it

Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by Klass99(f): 9:01am On Mar 31, 2023
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by bukatyne(f): 9:11am On Mar 31, 2023
Klass99:

Just regular house cleaning. I like to do that when a thread is old or the people I engaged with or responded to, have seen my comment.

Any reason why?

[size=3pt]so I know if I should dissuade you or contribute by buying a bottle of Hypo[/size]
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by Klass99(f): 10:12am On Mar 31, 2023
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by Fab21: 10:15am On Mar 31, 2023
seanwilliam:

I didn't delete it.
I presume it's still there...
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by bukatyne(f): 10:17am On Mar 31, 2023
Klass99:

No other reason than the one I shared, it feels therapeutic too to erase my digital footprints here.

You know how it is at the end of the year when you are doing house and wardrobe cleaning, abi? It's that sort of thing.

Ok 👌

Three gallons of Hypo for the lady please smiley
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by Klass99(f): 10:18am On Mar 31, 2023
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by bukatyne(f): 10:23am On Mar 31, 2023
Klass99:

Lol🤣. Leave me o.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😘
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by Fab21: 10:25am On Mar 31, 2023
seanwilliam:

I just discovered now that the post has been deleted.

I didn't know why the post was removed..
Re: Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life by Jackanda1(m): 11:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
Great

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? / Man Set To Divorce Is Wife Because She Lied She Was Virgin Before Their Wedding / Old things where they belong; in the past.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.