Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,132 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions (66809 Views)

CBN Bars MFBs, Opay, Moniepoint From Registering New Customers - Gazette / See The Man I Saw Using POS Machine Selling His Gurasa Suya In Birnin kebbi / Sugarcane Seller Using POS For His Business - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by THEMORALMEN: 10:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
This English no too clear for me.

Ur agent
Is any cbn Agent into pos business
Cos me I am not understanding .

1 Like

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by originalomobaba: 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2023
Naira scacity is now the making of POS agent before dollar increase was the making of Abokifx. The CBN is really sick.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Ezmans: 10:41pm On Mar 15, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
What they're saying is that particular POS terminals meant for selling of goods like the ones in supermarkets will no longer be used to withdraw or send money. They will be used only for payment of goods.
it's a good idea, bcs of scammers
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by NwokoloOwa: 10:41pm On Mar 15, 2023
Emiefele, the most foolish and the dullest CBN Governor ever.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by angelfallz(m): 10:44pm On Mar 15, 2023
I swear
ManirBK:
Ano even understand.. Those English used were too emefelized to my understanding

But what we all knew this is pay back time but it has good and bad effect during this period
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by IamtheTruth1(m): 10:45pm On Mar 15, 2023
domack99:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/cbn-bars-agents-from-using-pos-terminals-for-transactions/

Another policy to frustrate the common man. I hate Nigeria. God punish Lord Lugard
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by blowjohn(m): 10:45pm On Mar 15, 2023
Habeyy:

Read to understand before commenting
What cbn is saying is simple

In lay man's term

Big super stores, filling stations,mini financial agents that have "merchant" pos strictly for payment of services wiill be barred from using it as a means of retailing cash (withdrawal/deposit) to the masses..

How many of such do so?
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by stabilizer: 10:48pm On Mar 15, 2023
Omoapena:
This emefiele is becoming a confused man, so, if one wants to buy goods worth 500k and intends to use POS to make payments, the person won't be able to cuz its above daily card limits so how does he want people to make payments when merchants don't take transfers for such transaction....

Card limit on POS is up TO 10m or even more

1 Like

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Awoh55: 10:58pm On Mar 15, 2023
Beautiful.
As Tinubu become president of this nation Nigeria may 29 he will do very good things for this nation, may God help him not to change his mind towards this country. please let everyone of us pray for him against poison because no matter how the kitchen is protected is inevitable. God bless our country Nigeria.
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by tnerro1(m): 11:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
Emefele the economic terrorist
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Sleekfingers: 11:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Is like emefiele is on drugs ....
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by drealnamdy(m): 11:16pm On Mar 15, 2023
domack99:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/cbn-bars-agents-from-using-pos-terminals-for-transactions/

According to sub section of thunder scatter your balls emefiele anuofia
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Mikeeytools: 11:16pm On Mar 15, 2023
Abeg how we take offend this meffy?who know him mama make them tell am to beg am

2 Likes

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by frankson1(m): 11:18pm On Mar 15, 2023
blowjohn:

How many supermarkets use pos to make cash transactions?

And those that do, they don't even give our more than maybe 3k or something and it's usually to their favourite customers.

Again it's not a regular thing. So how does it affect cbn?

Lots of them do more than the 3k you stated.

I don't know how it affects CBN... maybe it has something to do with charges, I hear Gas stations are not being charged and they do cash transactions.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Jemex003: 11:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
domack99:

Emefiele thanks for the 10.0 odd for your people and continue doing yourself. But honestly e knw go better for all POS agent in Nigeria right now cuz you added to our problem during this fucking election. Ogun kill all of you with our bad leaders.
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
The name Emefiele simply means confused goat
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Shigobaba(m): 11:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
CBN Governor is number one to be sack

1 Like

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by unclejb2(m): 11:33pm On Mar 15, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
What they're saying is that particular POS terminals meant for selling of goods like the ones in supermarkets will no longer be used to withdraw or send money. They will be used only for payment of goods.
so how would you monitor it.... Emefiele is just a Buhari wearing tie. Empty skulls

1 Like

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by ohil: 11:37pm On Mar 15, 2023
Well CBN governor did not do not anything wrong just that he is taking instructions from someone who only understand the language of cows which does not require strategies.

To me it's not a problem. The major problem is that drug consumption has increased from 13.3% to 18.2% since the INEC announce the A PC Candidate as the winner of the Presidential election, ask me what will happen in the next 4years. Parents guide your children and ward's the future is not blight.
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Goldbw122(m): 12:11am On Mar 16, 2023
Busaye:
He didn't say POS should not work, they're just stopping their agents from operating in POS terminals

Chai.. may God raise a kind hearted person who will be touched to help you IJN
What is the difference?
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Goldbw122(m): 12:12am On Mar 16, 2023
I said it this is what they want to achieve their goal, they want us to stop using cash that new cash that they just design was a distraction, they want a straight and pure cashless policy.. the question is Nigeria ready for that.
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by chidiwar(m): 12:28am On Mar 16, 2023
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Bobbiee: 12:38am On Mar 16, 2023
A government that works AGAINST the people is what these disgusting APC supporters are all for. Curse them
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Obrigardo: 12:42am On Mar 16, 2023
Busaye:
He didn't say POS should not work, they're just stopping their agents from operating in POS terminals

Why would you quote a scammy post from a different thread entirely and put it here?

Either you are the same begger or an accomplice of the scammer.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by ArahCharles: 12:44am On Mar 16, 2023
Busaye:

Angela don't beg naaa. But get well soon. Human being can't send money to Angels
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Osanoghodua1: 1:04am On Mar 16, 2023
I think what he meant here is that POS agents are accepting and giving out money above what's originally approved for them. Say their limit of cashout(payout) and Cash in (deposit or receipt) is 100,000, they shouldn't accept or give Above #100k.
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by Whois(m): 1:21am On Mar 16, 2023
Thanks for the brilliant response. It's left for cbn to do the needful. Most supermarket do what we call charge back duh.

mcdokwe:

that is a regulatory issue, not physically distinguishable, even if they were, agency banking is an all comers affair, hence nothing stops a merchant from acquiring a terminal marked 'agency banking' for that purpose.
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by eldoradoxx: 1:47am On Mar 16, 2023
Good decision, it appears an average Nigerian is a criminally minded creature looking for any available loophole to strike. POS given to businesses to receive payments from their customers end up being used for cash deposit and withdrawal transactions with exorbitant charges. You go to eat Amala and they tell you u have to pay the POS girl sitting close by #100 to effect #1500 transfer from your account to the Amala seller's account. Guess who owns the POS? The Amala seller.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by airminem(f): 1:55am On Mar 16, 2023
remsonik:
Good, cos this pos people are really using this thing to eat too much from the poor masses. I just pray that by the time naira notes is available pos don't keep to draining money from people
Demand and supply. It's the fault of the CBN for failed implementation of it policy. The pos also source this cash with charges

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by pat077: 2:20am On Mar 16, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
how will they know if they use it for such transactions?
Re: CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions by frozen70(f): 2:27am On Mar 16, 2023
Obaaderemi2:

Well detailed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have 80k, What business Can I Venture In? / 20 Countries Most In Debt To China / When CBN Extends BVN Registration Date (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.