Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,258 members, 7,842,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. (3452 Views)

Starlink Is The Third Largest Internet Provider In Nigeria In Q4 2023 - NCC / Please Don't Buy Starlink In Nigeria If You Don't Know About This / Don't Buy Starlink Now, Wait Till They Accept Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by Mercury12(m): 10:37am On Mar 16, 2023
Wahala no too much like this. undecided
I wish I can dig out my previous comments about this starlink. I never fancy it. I rather stick to my local internet provider

1 Like

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by Mercury12(m): 10:42am On Mar 16, 2023
TheOldGods:
you're paying 39,000 naira plus subscription of 31,000 making it a totally of 69,000 a month, if you decide to relocate, or change country. Unless you have to re-order a new one and calibrate to the new location, and the same story applies.
69k nah some people salary a month o.
Elon musk wan kill Nigerians
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by LikeAking: 10:58am On Mar 16, 2023
TheOldGods:
I'm just going to state the simple facts here. After I ordered starlink, Starlink is a failure.

First of all, the price is way too much. I had to pay over 400k just to get and upload below 20mb/s, same thing my Airtel gives me. The download speed is high only during clear weather's.

It rained about last month for the first time and my starlink blacked out. I mean I couldn't see Kb/s talkmore of mb/s. For whole day I had to stay without internet after paying over 30k. I had to buy Airtel 2gb for 500 just to use it and pass time while I wait. The weather was so cloudy after the rain that for two days I was only getting 10mb. The slowest I have ever seen. We are going into the real rainy season now and sometimes it can drizzle for straight 7 days.
Starlink doesn't have any office in Nigeria, no customer service, so single customer service oo

The one that shocked me is the starlink doesn't have battery and relies only on electricity, the day I decided to carry this machine to the village since I was going to spend 1 week with my family, I got the shock of my life, I can only configure starlink to work only on one location, and if I needed to use it at the village, I had to pay 39,000 naira just to use starlink somewhere else on top the huge fees I have already paid. Plus no battery source,. I couldn't believe my eyes, even if I was rich I won't squander money like this. I do 20ka month for 200gb and I have never complained like this, and can carry my router even to book haram forest. I will have to pay 39,000 naira every month immediately I decided to relocate to another place. It doesn't matter if it's your new house, as long as the calibration was not don there.

Is elnon musK looking for a way to make money from Nigeria? Is this a joke?

Modified*

When I'm downstairs the WiFi range drops significantly since the router is in the studio of my apartment, and guess what? It will cost me 139,000 naira just to get a WiFi booster for the device.

Unless you're extravagant, even for me who is into tech, i will never advice my enemies to enter in this type of situation. The worst, is no customer support

Thanks for elignting us.

I will never buy the nonese.

It has a 1tb cap which I don't like.

It can't be configured in multiple locations... This is a big nonesene..

Below 10mbs speed?

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by Dracula123: 12:14pm On Mar 16, 2023
TheOldGods:
this is how they milk themselves dry over there and think it works here. This is how they became the so called rich people. I've sticked toy Airtel router. Any one who wants to buy my starlink should go ahead if you have money.
Do you stay in Abuja

I am interested
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by Titilayo4life: 12:36pm On Mar 16, 2023
TheOldGods:
I'm just going to state the simple facts here. After I ordered starlink, Starlink is a failure.

First of all, the price is way too much. I had to pay over 400k just to get and upload below 20mb/s, same thing my Airtel gives me. The download speed is high only during clear weather's.

It rained about last month for the first time and my starlink blacked out. I mean I couldn't see Kb/s talkmore of mb/s. For whole day I had to stay without internet after paying over 30k. I had to buy Airtel 2gb for 500 just to use it and pass time while I wait. The weather was so cloudy after the rain that for two days I was only getting 10mb. The slowest I have ever seen. We are going into the real rainy season now and sometimes it can drizzle for straight 7 days.
Starlink doesn't have any office in Nigeria, no customer service, so single customer service oo

The one that shocked me is the starlink doesn't have battery and relies only on electricity, the day I decided to carry this machine to the village since I was going to spend 1 week with my family, I got the shock of my life, I can only configure starlink to work only on one location, and if I needed to use it at the village, I had to pay 39,000 naira just to use starlink somewhere else on top the huge fees I have already paid. Plus no battery source,. I couldn't believe my eyes, even if I was rich I won't squander money like this. I do 20ka month for 200gb and I have never complained like this, and can carry my router even to book haram forest. I will have to pay 39,000 naira every month immediately I decided to relocate to another place. It doesn't matter if it's your new house, as long as the calibration was not don there.

Modified*

When I'm downstairs the WiFi range drops significantly since the router is in the studio of my apartment, and guess what? It will cost me 139,000 naira just to get a WiFi booster for the device.

Unless you're extravagant, even for me who is into tech, i will never advice my enemies to enter in this type of situation. The worst, is no customer support

Let me know if you're willing to resell the device make I feel am small
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by motionarena: 12:53pm On Mar 16, 2023
TheOldGods:
this is how they milk themselves dry over there and think it works here. This is how they became the so called rich people. I've sticked toy Airtel router. Any one who wants to buy my starlink should go ahead if you have money.

How much will u sell urs 4 me

1 Like

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by WantsandMore: 1:06pm On Mar 16, 2023
TheOldGods:

Modified*

No it shouldn't cost that much, buy an Huawei wifi that supports wifi extender to do that...fairly used 5k brand new 15-20k

1 Like

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by colonelwealth(m): 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
TheOldGods:

Modified*

Anything American are always overhyped.
I never take their product that serious.
Japanese, Germans, Russian or Koreans will give you better quality at more pocket freely bargain with less ego even without manipulations.

Besides Statlink seems a huge CIA,NSA bait.

1 Like

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by studyless123: 5:14pm On Mar 16, 2023
TheOldGods:

Some of the things you said are true while others are challenges with the technology. In all I think you didn't carry out a proper research before purchasing the device. It remains the best satellite internet service for now.

The pricing is fair looking at the technology deployed. We bought sat dishes for 2M many years ago and that is a simple tech.

The customer support is not unique to Nigeria.

Weather affects all satellite communications

It's strange that you're expecting routers to have batteries since you claim to be in IT.

You can change or update your Service Address by logging into your Starlink Account from a web browser, and under the "Location" section select the pencil icon to make edits.

You can get a wifi extender and don't have to buy another router from starlink.

5 Likes

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by TheOldGods: 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2023
studyless123:

Some of the things you said are true while others are challenges with the technology. In all I think you didn't carry out a proper research before purchasing the device. It remains the best satellite internet service for now.

The pricing is fair looking at the technology deployed. We bought sat dishes for 2M many years ago and that is a simple tech.

The customer support is not unique to Nigeria.

Weather affects all satellite communications

It's strange that you're expecting routers to have batteries since you claim to be in IT.

You can change or update your Service Address by logging into your Starlink Account from a web browser, and under the "Location" section select the pencil icon to make edits.

You can get a wifi extender and don't have to buy another router from starlink.

I'm expecting for routers to have Battery, you must be joking, Airtel,Mtn, Glo and so on offers routers that connects upto 5ghz, and distance is huge. The only problem is their download speed is a bit slow. With 5g I think Mtn is trying. Wtf, how will I stop using a service once they take light, in this country where there is electricity issue. No way.

1 Like

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by Conner44: 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2023
TheOldGods:
I'm expecting for routers to have Battery, you must be joking, Airtel,Mtn, Glo and so on offers routers that connects upto 5ghz, and distance is huge. The only problem is their download speed is a bit slow. With 5g I think Mtn is trying. Wtf, how will I stop using a service once they take light, in this country where there is electricity issue. No way.

Bro a router is very different from mifi oh shocked
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by Onucs(m): 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2023
Thanks for this information. Was thinking of getting one fah🤔🤔
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by lagusboyyy(m): 7:23pm On Mar 16, 2023
TheOldGods:
that's your business man, I've given my honest review about a product I bought, it's left for you to buy it and check if these things I said are true or not.
I will like to see a POV picture of your starlink.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by bukas15(m): 8:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
TheOldGods:
any time it rains even if you keep it on a moving plane, higher from the ground, there won't be any network at all. It will never connect. Small rain and small cloud, and your internet stops working completely. There is nothing here.
it's expected. Rain and fogs can actually distort signal
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by Andysamuels: 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
TheOldGods:
I got the advice from a mad man.

😂😂
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by TheOldGods: 10:12am On Mar 27, 2023
Conner44:

you must be living in the 18th century, that you don't know that routers have batteries

1 Like

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by Timekeeper452: 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2023
FxExpo:
See the way some Nigerian de mumu, ask yourself if this was a means of making money will Elon musk accept Nigerian in his platform won't he call us scammers see now it a means of ripe off Nigeria was in the list of accepted country first hand as for me I'm managing these ones around here just this week deriv has delisted Nigerian from their p2p platform which was very fast for me in selling my trading $. Many platform if I want to mention has delisted Nigeria on their platform because in the journey on how to make money online I have attempt many. Nigerian should better wise up
if Elon musk has embraced you and become a part of your people as you put it, why are they no customer service in Nigeria? You can’t even buy this product in Nigeria or with a Nigerian currency. This is simply a business man, penetrating or trying to penetrate the unregulated African market.
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by Timekeeper452: 2:03pm On Mar 27, 2023
Conner44:

Most Wi-Fi routers, especially mobile versions, have in-built batteries.
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by TheOldGods: 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
Timekeeper452:
if Elon musk has embraced you and become a part of your people as you put it, why are they no customer service in Nigeria? You can’t even buy this product in Nigeria or with a Nigerian currency. This is simply a business man, penetrating or trying to penetrate the unregulated African market.
Elon musk should have sold the WiFi for free or even at 5$ if he is not looking for a way to make money. Someone that wants to make money from the largest Africa internet country. Some people are stupid. Yet you can't pay in naira even till today

1 Like

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by FxExpo(m): 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
Timekeeper452:
I think you quote a wrong comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Phone Voice Changer Software? / Airtel Unlimited Download Is Too Slow / Oukitel K6000 6000mah 2gb Ram Vs Oukitel K6000 Plus Octa Core 6000mah 13 Mp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.