Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,869 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. (3379 Views)

Please Don't Buy Starlink In Nigeria If You Don't Know About This / Don't Buy Starlink Now, Wait Till They Accept Naira / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by TheOldGods: 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2023
I'm just going to state the simple facts here. After I ordered starlink, Starlink is a failure.

First of all, the price is way too much. I had to pay over 400k just to get and upload below 20mb/s, same thing my Airtel gives me. The download speed is high only during clear weather's.

It rained about last month for the first time and my starlink blacked out. I mean I couldn't see Kb/s talkmore of mb/s. For whole day I had to stay without internet after paying over 30k. I had to buy Airtel 2gb for 500 just to use it and pass time while I wait. The weather was so cloudy after the rain that for two days I was only getting 10mb. The slowest I have ever seen. We are going into the real rainy season now and sometimes it can drizzle for straight 7 days.
Starlink doesn't have any office in Nigeria, no customer service, so single customer service oo

The one that shocked me is the starlink doesn't have battery and relies only on electricity, the day I decided to carry this machine to the village since I was going to spend 1 week with my family, I got the shock of my life, I can only configure starlink to work only on one location, and if I needed to use it at the village, I had to pay 39,000 naira just to use starlink somewhere else on top the huge fees I have already paid. Plus no battery source,. I couldn't believe my eyes, even if I was rich I won't squander money like this. I do 20ka month for 200gb and I have never complained like this, and can carry my router even to book haram forest. I will have to pay 39,000 naira every month immediately I decided to relocate to another place. It doesn't matter if it's your new house, as long as the calibration was not don there.

Is elnon musK looking for a way to make money from Nigeria? Is this a joke?

Modified*

When I'm downstairs the WiFi range drops significantly since the router is in the studio of my apartment, and guess what? It will cost me 139,000 naira just to get a WiFi booster for the device.

Unless you're extravagant, even for me who is into tech, i will never advice my enemies to enter in this type of situation. The worst, is no customer support

17 Likes

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by TheOldGods: 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2023
I will tell you what they will never tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2023
Interesting.

Wetin guy man like me dey find for starlink. 😂 😂

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by Oboto700(m): 7:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
grin grin grin grin... Nigerians busy body too much

4 Likes

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by burp18: 7:04pm On Mar 15, 2023
This part about having to pay a certain amount if you ever needed to relocate it is totally new to me. good thing you pointed it out.

10 Likes

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by TheOldGods: 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
burp18:
This part about having to pay a certain amount if you ever needed to relocate it is totally new to me. good thing you pointed it out.
you're paying 39,000 naira plus subscription of 31,000 making it a totally of 69,000 a month, if you decide to relocate, or change country. Unless you have to re-order a new one and calibrate to the new location, and the same story applies.

9 Likes

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by TheOldGods: 7:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
Interesting.

Wetin guy man like me dey find for starlink 😂 😂
I got the advice from a mad man.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by burp18: 7:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
TheOldGods:
you're paying 19,000 naira plus subscription of 31,000 making it a totally of 50,000 a month, if you decide to relocate, or change country. Unless you have to re-order a new one and calibrate to the new location, and the same story applies.
It's a completely rip off. I install coolink satellites sometimes and when you need to have to change location. All you need to do is a terminal change. Get the coordinates for the new location and give them to your ISP. They enter it on your modem and you're good to go. No extra charges.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by burp18: 7:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
TheOldGods:
I got the advice from a mad man.
I always knew there was a catch to it. The whole essence of it I think for most people is it's portability, easy to move. It becomes pointless if you have to pay a certain some each time you're in a new location.

1 Like

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by TheOldGods: 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
burp18:
It's a completely rip off. I install coolink satellites sometimes and when you need to have to change location. All you need to do is a terminal change. Get the coordinates for the new location and give them to your ISP. They enter it on your modem and you're good to go. No extra charges.
this is how they milk themselves dry over there and think it works here. This is how they became the so called rich people. I've sticked toy Airtel router. Any one who wants to buy my starlink should go ahead if you have money.

1 Like

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by HeartlessMan: 7:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
Why didn't you opt for the RV version since you wanted to be on-the-go?

TheOldGods:
you're paying 19,000 naira plus subscription of 31,000 making it a totally of 50,000 a month, if you decide to relocate, or change country. Unless you have to re-order a new one and calibrate to the new location, and the same story applies.
This is a hooge lie!

TheOldGods:
When I'm downstairs the WiFi range drops significantly since the router is in the studio of my apartment, and guess what? It will cost me 139,000 naira just to get a WiFi booster for the device.
You can buy a custom router with wider coverage for less and bypass your Starlink router.

You can also contact me for customer support. Another big lie.

You claim to be a tech guy but I fail to see it.

5 Likes

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by TheOldGods: 7:42pm On Mar 15, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Why didn't you opt for the RV version since you wanted to be on-the-go?

This is a hooge lie!

You can buy a custom router with wider coverage for less and bypass your Starlink router.

You can also contact me for customer support. Another big lie.

You claim to be a tech guy but I fail to see it.
Some people who never owns starlink are coming to debunk 😂😂😂, starlink RV costs 135$ per month. That's 101, 000 naira a month for subscription. Dey try get information before coming to public forums and messing yourself up

10 Likes

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by HeartlessMan: 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2023
TheOldGods:
Some people who never owns starlink are coming to debunk 😂😂😂, starlink RV costs 135$ per month. That's 101, 000 naira a month for subscription. Dey try get information before coming to public forums and messing yourself up

Why didn't you get since you are on-the-go?
Stop disturbing us with your noise!
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by dustmalik: 8:13pm On Mar 15, 2023
TheOldGods:
RV in Nigeria is $53, not $135

2 Likes

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by TheOldGods: 8:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
dustmalik:

RV in Nigeria is $53, not $135
that was what I stated earlier nah. The point is you have to pay once you're relocating

1 Like

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by burp18: 8:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
TheOldGods:
this is how they milk themselves dry over there and think it works here. This is how they became the so called rich people. I've sticked toy Airtel router. Any one who wants to buy my starlink should go ahead if you have money.
What's the best maximum upload and download speed you get when you run speed test?
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by TheOldGods: 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
burp18:
What's the best maximum upload and download speed you get when you run speed test?
if I get home let me run you a test. Meanwhile it's raining now, I'm sure they won't be any network

1 Like

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by burp18: 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
TheOldGods:
if I get home let me run you a test. Meanwhile it's raining now, I'm sure they won't be any network
you're sure there's nothing obstructing the out door unit? Something casting shados on it, trees maybe?
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by Ex0rrcist: 10:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
I don't know why this guy is trying so hard to discredit starlink, well potential buyers will do their findings anyway from different sources and not just your cuck and bull story. You said the same thing in another thread in February, a tech guy been schooled on some fundamentals of starlink he claimed to have used. I thought you said you returned it sef, why are you now writing story upandan.

9 Likes

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 11:42pm On Mar 15, 2023
Op from your write up i know dat u have been either paid by airtel to discredit starlink or you are an airtel staff, focus on improving ur network and leave starlink alone.

7 Likes

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by TheOldGods: 1:50am On Mar 16, 2023
burp18:
you're sure there's nothing obstructing the out door unit? Something casting shados on it, trees maybe?
any time it rains even if you keep it on a moving plane, higher from the ground, there won't be any network at all. It will never connect. Small rain and small cloud, and your internet stops working completely. There is nothing here.
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by TheOldGods: 1:51am On Mar 16, 2023
PhenomenalMorgan:
Op from your write up i know dat u have been either paid by airtel to discredit starlink or you are an airtel staff, focus on improving ur network and leave starlink alone.
that's your business man, I've given my honest review about a product I bought, it's left for you to buy it and check if these things I said are true or not.

7 Likes

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by techWriter3: 4:12am On Mar 16, 2023
Interesting
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by descartes400: 7:06am On Mar 16, 2023
TheOldGods:
any time it rains even if you keep it on a moving plane, higher from the ground, there won't be any network at all. It will never connect. Small rain and small cloud, and your internet stops working completely. There is nothing here.

From my experience, any Internet connectivity that have to do with a satellite dish and the radio link type that involve line of sight in order to connect tends to be disrupted by bad weather. Fibre connectivity seems the best.

15 Likes

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 16, 2023
Don't worry Dr Mike would soon launch his own , let use Elon Starlink as case study , as for the weather that's perfectly normal for Satallite technology to be distrupted ... But I saw the Attenna mounted on a vehicle in one of its flyer , anyway I saw him writing about the ability to Roam, I didn't know you have to pay to Roam within your country, anyway that is left for the NCC to write him to stop such unholy practice, if it is true. The Nigeria network sef get comma, NCC would be releasing unify code but when it comes to quality the network are not unify, in my location only Glo is good for browsing hence there excessive shakara, 9 mobile the network jump in and out, can't browse with it, as for Airtel the issue is always with security, the sim always act like it is been shared by a third party, but the one that disappoints me is MTN having work with them indirectly, I know how much they deploy in term of upgrade, I mean they do this literally everyday yet the network work optimally only at night.
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 16, 2023
TheOldGods:
you're paying 39,000 naira plus subscription of 31,000 making it a totally of 69,000 a month, if you decide to relocate, or change country. Unless you have to re-order a new one and calibrate to the new location, and the same story applies.
Changing location and changing country are two different things.
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by mu2sa2: 8:19am On Mar 16, 2023
descartes400:

From my experience, any Internet connectivity that have to do with a satellite dish and the radio link type that involve line of sight in order to connect tends to be disrupted by bad weather. Fibre connectivity seems the best.
Vdt Isp uses radio link but rain and weather conditions don't cause disruption to its service.

1 Like

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by KOLLYPROF(m): 9:31am On Mar 16, 2023
Show us evidence
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by KOLLYPROF(m): 9:32am On Mar 16, 2023
Show us evidence
No pictures nothing nothing
I doubt it if you purchase starlink sef
Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by queenfav(f): 9:40am On Mar 16, 2023
Experience has showed me that overhyped things are usually not worth it.

3 Likes

Re: Some valid reasons to never buy Starlink, The Worst Failed Internet Provider. by FxExpo(m): 10:01am On Mar 16, 2023
See the way some Nigerian de mumu, ask yourself if this was a means of making money will Elon musk accept Nigerian in his platform won't he call us scammers see now it a means of ripe off Nigeria was in the list of accepted country first hand as for me I'm managing these ones around here just this week deriv has delisted Nigerian from their p2p platform which was very fast for me in selling my trading $. Many platform if I want to mention has delisted Nigeria on their platform because in the journey on how to make money online I have attempt many. Nigerian should better wise up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exclusive To Glo Users Only!! / SAMSUNG A10s Or Infinix Hot 8 Which One Should I Buy / Plsss Help Me I'm Having A Big Problem With My New Redmi Note 9S Details Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.