Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,370 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Please help me with advice on this idea. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please help me with advice on this idea. (485 Views)

Please Help Out With Advice On Page Views / Advice On Payment Gateway To Use For A Real Estate Site / Advice On Setting Up New Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please help me with advice on this idea. by MrTimmyDux(m): 6:51am On Mar 16, 2023
Good day every one, please I would like to get advice on the online forum idea I had, the forum is going to be a Nigeria Online forum and it's going to perform the following actions

1. Registered users will be able to gain money from the articles posted on the forum if there is an advert banner placed on their articles, the money will be deposited in his/her wallet which can then be transferred to a Nigeria bank account. Users get paid for every unique complete read.

2. Users can decide to create their own subcategory under a main category where other members can join and create their own articles. e.g. the main category "Movie" a user can create a subcategory called "Hidden in plain sight" which would include topics about movies with hidden meanings. For every banner placed on any article in that sub category, 60% goes to the website, 30% to the topic owner and 10% to the subcategory owner.

The subcategory owner can also charge members a monthly fee to join their subcategory. Where the website collects 20% and the Tofaticat owner has the rest.

3. Users can purchase airtime, data, subscribe for their dstv, startimes and gotv, funding their betting account e.g. bet9ja, betting and so on.

4. Users can upload their music and ebooks where they can decide to make the downloads free or charge a fee to download.

5. Users can transfer cash from their own wallet to another wallet.

6. Users can convert the money in their wallet to hexadecimal codes which can then be stored for future use or given to another user to fund his/her account.
User can fund their wallet through Paystack or Through the hexadecimal converted code.

So what do you guys think ?
Re: Please help me with advice on this idea. by PoliteActivist: 7:06am On Mar 16, 2023
Sounds good ON PAPER! Real life is a different matter altogether
Re: Please help me with advice on this idea. by MrTimmyDux(m): 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2023
PoliteActivist:
Sounds good ON PAPER! Real life is a different matter altogether
Thank you very much for replying me.

What if I told you that I have already done all these and I just wanted to see people's reaction. I am a programmer.

I designed all these from scratch on Tofati Forum.

Subcategories are called Tofaticats

https://www.tofati.com

Please check it out.
Re: Please help me with advice on this idea. by PoliteActivist: 5:01pm On Mar 16, 2023
MrTimmyDux:

Thank you very much for replying me.

What if I tell you that I have already done all these and I just wanted to see people's reaction. I am a programmer.

I designed all these from scratch on Tofati Forum.

Subcategories are called Tofaticats

https://www.tofati.com

Please check it out.

Thanks. I will
What's the best way one can go about becoming a programmer?
Re: Please help me with advice on this idea. by MrTimmyDux(m): 7:38pm On Mar 16, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Thanks. I will
What's the best way one can go about becoming a programmer?

Well have a vision of what you hope to achieve and the concept of the problem you would like to solve,have your own "personal" laptop and then choose a language either python, php or Java the choice is all yours.

Permit me to use myself as a case study , I downloaded lots of programming pdf and I ended up deleting more than 80%, I later found out that I learn more and faster through videos so YouTube was very helpful. (I would check for the creators name later). I found out that I had to write down my algorithms on paper then think about it before running it on a development server (it saves time).

I was one of those people who would download Open source softwares or WordPress and brag to my friends that I did it myself because I either edited 5% of a theme , I look back now and I laugh.

It was during the COVID 19 lock down saga that I had enough more than enough time to learn coding from underneath the scratch. I focused more on backend programming( mostly python and php) , I had previously done front end programming (html and css) from my computer school days back then in 2015 when I was preparing for Jamb.

Programming is hard , that's why I love it. It teaches you how to think.
Re: Please help me with advice on this idea. by PoliteActivist: 8:13pm On Mar 16, 2023
MrTimmyDux:

Well have a vision of what you hope to achieve and the concept of the problem you would like to solve,have your own "personal" laptop and then choose a language either python, php or Java the choice is all yours.

Permit me to use myself as a case study , I downloaded lots of programming pdf and I ended up deleting more than 80%, I later found out that I learn more and faster through videos so YouTube was very helpful. (I would check for the creators name later). I found out that I had to write down my algorithms on paper then think about it before running it on a development server (it saves time).

I was one of those people who would download Open source softwares or WordPress and brag to my friends that I did it myself because I either edited 5% of a theme , I look back now and I laugh.

It was during the COVID 19 lock down saga that I had enough more than enough time to learn coding from underneath the scratch. I focused more on backend programming( mostly python and php) , I had previously done front end programming (html and css) from my computer school days back then in 2015 when I was preparing for Jamb.

Programming is hard , that's why I love it. It teaches you how to think.

Wow, this is quite informative. Thank you so much. I actually know zilch about programming, language, all that. But I plan to start learning right away.
When you say it's hard, is it in the sense of having a lot to memorize, or in the sense of, like, solving a math problem?
Re: Please help me with advice on this idea. by MrTimmyDux(m): 3:27am On Mar 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Wow, this is quite informative. Thank you so much. I actually know zilch about programming, language, all that. But I plan to start learning right away.
When you say it's hard, is it in the sense of having a lot to memorize, or in the sense of, like, solving a math problem?
O I am sorry for not explaining , I used the word hard because programming itself can be hard on your health and your psych, it can cause some changes to your lifestyle, the more you program the more you distance yourself from reality even without your noticing it, health wise you need to eat right and at times close your laptop , knowing when to do this is a big problem.

When you get to a point where you can't solve a particular problem you begin to ask yourself "So na this small problem wan fall my hand for programming ? ah no I nor go gree, there must be a way out". It teaches you how to think for example let's say you want to get the answer 10 from your algorithm if 9+1 doesn't work then 50รท5 should work so different approach to the same problem.

Then the issue of discipline Which directly relates to persistent and indirectly to longevity . Discipline means you are a "Disciple of that thing", you believe so much in it even when others say you are wasting your time.
Re: Please help me with advice on this idea. by PoliteActivist: 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2023
MrTimmyDux:

O I am sorry for not explaining , I used the word hard because programming itself can be hard on your health and your psych, it can cause some changes to your lifestyle, the more you program the more you distance yourself from reality even without your noticing it, health wise you need to eat right and at times close your laptop , knowing when to do this is a big problem.

When you get to a point where you can't solve a particular problem you begin to ask yourself "So na this small problem wan fall my hand for programming ? ah no I nor go gree, there must be a way out". It teaches you how to think for example let's say you want to get the answer 10 from your algorithm if 9+1 doesn't work then 50รท5 should work so different approach to the same problem.

Then the issue of discipline Which directly relates to persistent and indirectly to longevity . Discipline means you are a "Disciple of that thing", you believe so much in it even when others say you are wasting your time.

Oh, thank you sooo much! I've been off line and just now seeing this. Sounds like something I'd really enjoy doing. I'd get to it right away. I hope you'd permit me to DM you later for pointers when I get fully going
Re: Please help me with advice on this idea. by MrTimmyDux(m): 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Oh, thank you sooo much! I've been off line and just now seeing this. Sounds like something I'd really enjoy doing. I'd get to it right away. I hope you'd permit me to DM you later for pointers when I get fully going

Yeah no problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please help me with advice on this idea. by PoliteActivist: 5:32pm On Mar 19, 2023
MrTimmyDux:

Yeah no problem.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks
Re: Please help me with advice on this idea. by Pikahol(m): 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2023
E-CURRENCY EXCHANGE..

We BUY and SELL

โœ… paypal

โœ… SKRILL

โœ… BITCOIN

โœ… NETELLER

โœ… PAYONEER

โœ… USDT

โœ… BITCOIN

โœ… ETHERIUM

Online Payments also available

Fiverr, Upwork, and all freelancer withdrawal services available.

Whatsapp 0806 98 35142

(1) (Reply)

Pls Can Someone Suggest The Most Expensive & Sought After Software By Webmasters / How To Connect To All Nigerian Banks From My Website / Web Developer In Auchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.