Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

How Long Should I Warm My Car Up In The Morning? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Long Should I Warm My Car Up In The Morning? (772 Views)

Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road / How Long Should I Warm Up My Car Before Driving? / Neatly Used Audi A4 Car Up For Sale First Body At Good Price In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should I Warm My Car Up In The Morning? by perfectbuy(m): 9:49am On Mar 16, 2023
How long should you warm up your car in the morning? This is a question that many people ask, and one that isn't always answered directly. There are several considerations that go into this, although some of them depend on where you live and what climate you're in. Let's look at the data, break it down by region, and see what we can find out about how long it takes to warm up a car.

Please follow the link below to read more:
https://www.spotdem.com/2023/03/16/how-long-should-i-warm-my-car-up-in-the-morning/

1 Like

Re: How Long Should I Warm My Car Up In The Morning? by Angrygoat: 10:12am On Mar 16, 2023
Did oyinbo warm it after leaving factory. Shey na yesterday nite food that u must warm am for morning. Unless engine don weak
Re: How Long Should I Warm My Car Up In The Morning? by geezonaire1415(m): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2023
Angrygoat:
Did oyinbo warm it after leaving factory. Shey na yesterday nite food that u must warm am for morning. Unless engine don weak

Your response must tally with your moniker (angrygoat). May God deliver you and your lineage. Amen.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should I Warm My Car Up In The Morning? by buygala(m): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2023
geezonaire1415:

Your response must tally with your moniker (angrygoat). May God deliver you and your lineage. Amen.

The person you quoted is actually right

You dey warm the motor as per na Egusi soup wey go soon sour or as wetin? grin.... Some people even go as far as high-revving a vehicle that's just been cold started undecided... When engine knock, they blame everyone but themselves.

Start, drive, but keep engine Rpm low for a few minutes for its vital oils to circulate properly and lubricate the parts it's supposed to lubricate.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should I Warm My Car Up In The Morning? by xpensivealex(m): 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2023
U don't just wake a baby up from sleep and send him on an errand with intention he will perform excellently.Reason I always allow my car to steam up before moving,no speed at start up so that the engine oil will lubricate all parts necessary . moreover,the weight of ur oil will determine how fast it will flow .
Re: How Long Should I Warm My Car Up In The Morning? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:22am On Mar 17, 2023
xpensivealex:
U don't just wake a baby up from sleep and send him on an errand with intention he will perform excellently.Reason I always allow my car to steam up before moving,no speed at start up so that the engine oil will lubricate all parts necessary . moreover,the weight of ur oil will determine how fast it will flow .

nowadays you dont need to warm your car this is due to advanced oil of our generation hence oil is said to be eg 5w-30 or 0w-30

meaning 5w represents the average winter morning temperature, therefore the oil is still effective at those low temperatures in the morning you dont need to warm the car for oil to be thinner and able to penetrate and lubricate those tights spots

the oil is said to be mutligrades

the most important thing is knowing the recommanded oil of your car

(1) (Reply)

How To Own A Car Without Money (own A Good Car As A Broke Person) / Why Do I Get Panic When a Car Overtake Me Unexpectedly? / Acura 2007 LT For 1.3m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.