Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,340 members, 7,822,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village (49171 Views)

Please Can A Laptop That Stopped Working Due To Ventilation Be Repaired / Can A Faulty Motherboard Be Repaired? / Can Desktop Hard Drive Be Repaired? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by Aluma32(m): 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2023
I encourage Nigerian youths to utilize their God given knowledge for innovations in science and technology that will help better this country, rather than engaging in yahoo yahoo
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by BJanta: 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2023
Fut9ure:

Did he give reason for their inability to repair it

Apple don't waste their time on stupid things

They want you to buy new one

That is their aim

You're the one supplying this and supporting with your own opinion. This is definitely not in his post .The post is up there, go and re-read it .
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by Lightorder: 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
CallmeTrinity:
Mumu op they didn't mean Apple couldn't fix it what he meant was apple couldn't fix it for free because it was outside warranty

So he got it fixed here in Nigeria at a cheaper rate when you convert the dollar to naira
you are not right. Where did you read that he could not pay ?
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by InvertedHammer: 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
CallmeTrinity:
Mumu op they didn't mean Apple couldn't fix it what he meant was apple couldn't fix it for free because it was outside warranty

So he got it fixed here in Nigeria at a cheaper rate when you convert the dollar to naira
/
Don't mind him.

It is not worth the price to fix it when the warranty expires considering that the technicians get paid hourly.

How do they think many consumer electronics end up in Nigerian market? It is cheaper to buy new models with warranty and move on.

/

2 Likes

Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by Mitsurugi(m): 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
Wawelexy:

You are the one who lacks the ability to comprehend....

The twitter guy took it to apple company with the aim to pay for it repair... He said it's out of warranty so they couldn't replace it 'either'..... The word 'either' did justice to any explanation you needed to understand the post... So the insults you gave OP is actually meant for you...

God bless you. I was about to diss the mumu. Mumu wey no sabi say him be mumu
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by INDOMIE9090(f): 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
HeartlessMan:

I love you baby.
Please let's quickly kiss each other deeply to seal this. grin
get out
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by CallmeTrinity: 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
Lightorder:
you are not right. Where did you read that he could not pay ?
You are all so foolish and have never traveled out. Do you know how much it costs to fix an out of warranty gadget abroad ? It's easier to just get a new one .

Apple would charge you the price of the latest watch to fix an old pitnof warranty one hence.why he did t reoair it abroad , stupid people can't understand anything.
Ther eis no way on earth Apple count fix that watch .. it's the rpice that scared him. Idiots I live in Italy and come home to Edo state regularly

Na Ogun go punish Una mama for abusing me
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by CallmeTrinity: 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
fof1:

Over Sabi dey Cheat You in Life O... You sabi pass the OP abi!.. Mentality of the Overzealous Fellows
You are all so foolish and have never traveled out. Do you know how much it costs to fix an out of warranty gadget abroad ? It's easier to just get a new one .

Apple would charge you the price of the latest watch to fix an old pitnof warranty one hence.why he did t reoair it abroad , stupid people can't understand anything.
Ther eis no way on earth Apple count fix that watch .. it's the rpice that scared him. Idiots I live in Italy and come home to Edo state regularly

GardenOfGod:

You have to read to comprehension young woman...

He said... "My first apple watch got bad and Apple couldn't repair it in Toronto.

It passed the warranty period so they couldn’t replace it either.

The fullstop did justice to OP's heading.

Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by udemzyudex(m): 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

Edit: To all of you quoting me

Apple 2ouod charge you the price of the latest watch to fix an old pitnof warranty one hence.why he did t reoair it abroad , stupid people can't understand anything.

It is not Apple the company itself,it could have been a Apple certified store.
They employ their own engr and just get certified parts from apple.
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by CallmeTrinity: 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2023
GardenOfGod:

You have to read to comprehension young woman...

He said... "they couldn't repair it".

Full stop.

Then he continued... "they couldn't replace it either, because it passed its warranty period."

Na Ogun go punish Una mama for abusing me.
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by CallmeTrinity: 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2023
Dennisbulkan:

You are the mumu here, oga.
Read it again maybe you will understand it this time:
Apple couldn't repair it in Toronto. (Note the full stop) It passed the warranty period so they couldn’t replace it either.

Apple couldn't repair the watch (no specific detail given on why they couldn't, full stop). And apple couldn't give him new watch for replacement either because the warranty period has elapsed.

1 Like

yeyebrity:

It's you that is the mumu one. They could have repaired it but couldn't. They could have replaced it but it was past the warranty period. If an item is past the warranty period, all they needed to do was charge him for the repairs.

Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by HeartlessMan: 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
get out

Calm down
We can start with a peck.

Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by toxtimmy: 5:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
It's not because they can't fix it, it's because they can't warrantee the fix...i.e., if they cant guarantee post fix that water will not enter the watch or a degrade to water resistant feature, they will decline fixing it.

ebukajay184:
Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village, Lagos

An immigration consultant living in Canada has recounted how his Apple smart watch that couldn't be repaired by Apple was fixed in Computer Village, Lagos, Nigeria, IGBERETV reports

Taking to his Twitter handle on 15th March, Tunde Omotoye explained that the Apple Watch developed a fault and he took it to the company in Toronto to repair it but they couldn't fix it.

However, when he sent it to Computer Village for repair, he said it started working.

His tweets read;

https://twitter.com/TundeTASH/status/1636034099264598016?t=-_ln_kp8yYdz3zZiCyZ-Dw&s=19
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by CallmeTrinity: 5:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
That's what he meant.

1 Apple couldn't fix it...even though he'd have paid for the service i guess

2 He could have got a replacement for free but the fact that it was out of warranty made it impossible

Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by CallmeTrinity: 5:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
sukkot:
mumu he said they couldnt fix it AND will not replace due to expired warranty but they did attempt a fix. hence why dude was amazed

Ayokequeen:
Maybe you're the real mumu here because you quoted the op out of context. He never said he wanted them to fix for free but they couldn't fix it because they've declared it totally damaged. Oversabi wan kee you!

Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by continentalceo(m): 6:00pm On Mar 16, 2023
Read again oga! gay
CallmeTrinity:

Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by CallmeTrinity: 6:00pm On Mar 16, 2023
rajiedreez:

English is a little hard for you to comprehend.
You are a fool

Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by CallmeTrinity: 6:00pm On Mar 16, 2023
Charismatic107:
Na you be the real mumu here, read to comprehend next time

Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by Biafraaa: 6:00pm On Mar 16, 2023
I no believe this story. Apple can't fix what they built?

1 Like

Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by MrSensor(m): 6:02pm On Mar 16, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

you are correct and I agree with you my brother. But cool down na.
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by CallmeTrinity: 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2023
Wawelexy:

You are the one who lacks the ability to comprehend....

The twitter guy took it to apple company with the aim to pay for it repair... He said it's out of warranty so they couldn't replace it 'either'..... The word 'either' did justice to any explanation you needed to understand the post... So the insults you gave OP is actually meant for you...

You are stupid

Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by CallmeTrinity: 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2023
GeneralPulal:

If nah Emeka tweet this thing or be the engineer wey repair the phone now, you no go abuse ham..

Una hypocrisy stinks..

Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by Chris2863(m): 6:05pm On Mar 16, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

keep making jest of yourself illiterate😁😁😂😂
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by CallmeTrinity: 6:07pm On Mar 16, 2023
Chris2863:
keep making jest of yourself illiterate😁😁😂😂

That is why you are stuck in Nigeria and will never leave there 🤣🤣🤣 USLESSS thing keep shouting Jagaban up and down hunger go.kill you useless bastard.

I am fleximg Europe while you are buying Naira to buy indomie 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Useless WRETCHED BASTARD
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by yeyebrity: 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

You are suffering from low self esteem. Try to take corrections son and learn to accept when you display your stupidity on a public forum. Apple couldn't fix and he got it fixed in Nigeria. It wasn't about the warranty or the cost of repairs. Why are you hyperventilating like a mad dog? And who cares where you live?
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by sukkot: 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

they dont care how much it costs to fix it so long as you are willing to pay. some people have sentimental items they dont want to get rid off and dont mind fixing it at a cost higher than the new price. try get sense na and try not to be like obaseki
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by Offpoint1: 6:09pm On Mar 16, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

Apple would charge you the price of the latest watch to fix an old and of warranty one hence why he didnt reoair it abroad , stupid people can't understand anything.
There is no way on earth Apple cant fix that watch .. it's the price that scared him. Idiots !
I live in Italy and come home to Edo state regularly

Werey you talk sey school na scam grin grin
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by Mpanyi: 6:10pm On Mar 16, 2023
Apple can't repair their gadget? For real?
Re: Smart Watch That Couldn't Be Repaired In Toronto Gets Fixed In Computer Village by stevups(m): 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

Apple would charge you the price of the latest watch to fix an old and of warranty one hence why he didnt reoair it abroad , stupid people can't understand anything.
There is no way on earth Apple cant fix that watch .. it's the price that scared him. Idiots !
I live in Italy and come home to Edo state regularly

You were right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" / Is The ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo Laptop With 2 Screens Worth ₦1.4 Million? / Download Whatsapp For PC Without Bluestacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.