Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,356 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife (8747 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakilome Allegedly Bans Singer, Sinach From Singing In His Church / Pastor In Court To Divorce His Ninth Wife / Is There Any Bible Ground Whereby A Man Can Divorce His Wife And Marry Another? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by dboss4life: 3:53pm On Sep 19, 2011
The Pastor is such a patient and enduring man to have waited for 15 years hoping that his wife will return. that an age for crying out loud, if i was in his shoes the highest i would have waited is 2 years and i divorce her and marry another wife. we have only one life to live and should live it to the fullest, no man should allow a woman hold him to ransom for such a long time, 15 years is not a joke.

Please Pastor go ahead and marry your new found love don't waste any precious time again, no dulling.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Fokativ: 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2011
Just passing
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Image123(m): 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2011
All most people are seeing is 15years. Can you see that he's lying against God and may equally be lying against his wife? If you want to follow God, follow God. If not, let it be clear. Where did God say divorce your wife and marry a divorcee if your wife left you for 15years? This pastor received instructions from God to marry a divorcee and divorce his wife of 34years and four children?
Which one is it, she left him without reason or she left him under the guise of visiting her parents?
He'll not listen to his children because he wants peace with himself and God? Ridiculous.
He's even got guts to say he doesn't know about her affairs and that he made his children who they are? Is this one a pastor or just one of those jokes?
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 19, 2011
^^
Matt 19:9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for intimate immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

A woman away from her husband for 15 years and REFUSING to come back, don't tell me she isn't getting beef-stick from somewhere else.
The woman sounds like an agent sent to cause the guy to fall into (more?) sin.

And you need to understand context, the fact that God allows lets divorce go for reasons of intimate immorality doesn't mean he hates it any less.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Image123(m): 12:57am On Sep 20, 2011
@2buff
The husband has not even accused the wife of Immorality not to mention caught her with immorality. Why have you judged her as immoral? Have you even heard her side of the lie?
And o, she's been sent to the guy to make him fall after 34years and 4children? He didn't see that in 1977 when he was probably dreaming and hearing and telling everyone that God revealed her to him as his missing bone. Or when he was vowing for better for worse till DEATH do them part? What real efforts did he make since when they separated? It's easy to be emotional and 'sympathize' with the poor man ehn. Until you find out how greedily rich and wicked he actually is. Now he's seen a 43year old divorcee of a disciple. Who knows who broke her own home? Who knows their plan?
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by emmatok(m): 1:47am On Sep 20, 2011
Image123:

@2buff
The husband has not even accused the wife of Immorality not to mention caught her with immorality. Why have you judged her as immoral? Have you even heard her side of the lie?
And o, she's been sent to the guy to make him fall after 34years and 4children? He didn't see that in 1977 when he was probably dreaming and hearing and telling everyone that God revealed her to him as his missing bone. Or when he was vowing for better for worse till DEATH do them part? What real efforts did he make since when they separated? It's easy to be emotional and 'sympathize' with the poor man ehn. Until you find out how greedily rich and wicked he actually is. Now he's seen a 43year old divorcee of a disciple. Who knows who broke her own home? Who knows their plan?

What are you talking about,

Why would a vacate her marriage for 15years, without proper divorce.

She was invited by the court to defend herself, yes she failed to appear.

The man has a genuine case, That marriage no longer.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Image123(m): 2:22am On Sep 20, 2011
^i should be asking what you're talking about. Nobody vacated anything for 34years. If you read the OP, the man's just been asked for his wife's phone number. How do you even know she's aware of anything. How do you know the man's to be taken more seriously than the woman?
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by plappville(f): 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2011
But the kids should ve some role to play in this case no? Why mum left she be stated, no woman leave her matrimonia home without a reason be it geniue or fake. There is something missing in this matter undecided
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Image123(m): 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2011
thank you o!
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2011
There certainly is something missing, but I'm saying, sexual immorality has definitely been a part.
Because a married couple can't all of a sudden stop knacking for a full 15 years! shocked
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by emmatok(m): 9:33pm On Sep 20, 2011
Image123:

^i should be asking what you're talking about. Nobody vacated anything for 34years. If you read the OP, the man's just been asked for his wife's phone number. How do you even know she's aware of anything. How do you know the man's to be taken more seriously than the woman?

This is the Original TEXT

So read well before making comments.

A 58-year-old pastor, Mr. Femi Alo, on Wednesday told a Grade A Customary Court sitting in Mushin, Lagos, that he received instructions from God to marry a new wife and divorce Felicia, his wife of 34 years with whom he had four children.

Femi said this during the hearing of a divorce suit he filed against Felicia on the grounds that she deserted him for 15 years without any reason and that Felicia did not love him anymore.

“Felicia left home since 1996 under the guise of visiting her parents in Iddo-Ekiti, Ekiti State and since then she has not returned home. I have lived like a bachelor all this while and I am tired of living such a life. I sought the face of God on this and God has given me the go-ahead to divorce her and marry a new wife. He has revealed this to me,” he said.

When asked by the court whom God directed him to marry, Femi said God’s will for him in marriage was a 43-year-old divorcee who is currently a student in his church’s school of evangelism.

Femi whose first two children are married, however told the court that his children were opposed to his decision to divorce their mother.

He said, “Though my children are not supporting the divorce, I will go ahead with it because I want peace for myself and with God.They don’t have a say over me.I brought them up and made them who they are today.

“I have been patient enough for 15 years.Despite my appeal and entreaties from my relations to her to come back home she refused to return. I don’t even know about her affairs over there. Besides, I can’t even go against God’s will.”

Felicia was however absent in court despite being served with the hearing notice. The court urged Femi to furnish it with Felicia’s phone number so as to establish oral communication with her with a view to ensuring her prescence at the adjourned date.

The President of the court, Dr. Gladstone Ipaye, adjourned the case till October 4 for further hearing.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by emmatok(m): 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2011
plappville:

But the kids should ve some role to play in this case no? Why mum left she be stated, no woman leave her matrimonia home without a reason be it geniue or fake. There is something missing in this matter undecided

Why she left is no more an issue, since the man is ending the relationship.

If She is has divorced the man 15 years ago this court case won't arise.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Image123(m): 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2011
^
You mean you still manage to miss it after quoting it? Did you notice that the report/quote tallys with what i said?
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by emmatok(m): 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2011
Image123:

^
You mean you still manage to miss it after quoting it? Did you notice that the report/quote tallys with what i said?

If you are quoting my 34year statement, that was an error on my part.

But she is aware of the court case and she cannot be taking seriously if she fails to honour the court.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Image123(m): 11:26pm On Sep 20, 2011
Good! You've seen the first one. Now on being served a court notice, what's the nature of the service of notice? This is nigeria, and things don't work the normal way. Where's the court, what state? What state is the woman? Can you confirm she got any message? In the next sentence, we see the man asked to give the woman's phone number to ESTABLISH communication. Yet she's been supposedly served. I wait to hear from the other side of the story before passing judgement abeg. To me, anyone who tells lies on God is a dangerous person and can be lying on human beings.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by emmatok(m): 11:36pm On Sep 20, 2011
Image123:

Good! You've seen the first one. Now on being served a court notice, what's the nature of the service of notice? This is nigeria, and things don't work the normal way. Where's the court, what state? What state is the woman? Can you confirm she got any message? In the next sentence, we see the man asked to give the woman's phone number to ESTABLISH communication. Yet she's been supposedly served. I wait to hear from the other side of the story before passing judgement abeg.

I get your point, but there is a possibility that she has been contacting her children all these years.

And the children are aware of divorce, please don't tell me they won't discus it with their mother.

And since the relative are known the "hearing notice" can be served through them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

''All The Major Religions Are Part Of One Conspiracy'' - David Icke / Is It Right Or Wrong For Women To Wear Trousers. / Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.