Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? (2598 Views)

Between Canada And America Which One Is The Best For Relocation / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Wreckage Of A Plane That Crashed In Canada And Everyone Survived (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by ourunivibes(m): 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2023
I'm contemplating on picking one of this country since i have already gotten admission in both countries.

So here is the deal .... which do you think have better survival rate and opportunity for a first time traveller? Give your reasons please
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by obi4eze(m): 3:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
US. Go to US. That's a land of many opportunities
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by Sweetvie: 4:20pm On Mar 18, 2023
Canada
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by ourunivibes(m): 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2023
obi4eze:
US. Go to US. That's a land a many opportunities
Okay I will prefer people who are currently in any of this country to talk from experience
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by ourunivibes(m): 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2023
Sweetvie:
Canada
Sweevie its been a while. Can you check your email i sent you a DM
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by Sweetvie: 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
ourunivibes:

Sweevie its been a while. Can you check your email i sent you a DM
Smile. Yeah, okay
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by lilbro(m): 4:14am On Mar 19, 2023
ourunivibes:
I'm contemplating on picking one of this country since i have already gotten admission in both countries.

So here is the deal .... which do you think have better survival rate and opportunity for a first time traveller? Give your reasons please

I have Lived in both countries, presently residing in the USA! your question is very ambiguous, be precise......what are your concerns list them and i will share my experiences with you and hope that helps you in making a decision!

1 Like

Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 19, 2023
They both have their pros and cons. It really boils down to a matter of preference. I've lived in one more than the other and appreciate both for different reasons. They're both unique countries in their own ways.
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:34am On Mar 19, 2023
Move to canada become a citizen then go work in the US with a TN visa.

6 Likes

Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by optimusprime2(m): 10:47am On Mar 19, 2023
It depends...
It's like asking you which leg do you start with when you are about to walk.

Both countries have their pros and cons and the funny thing is those pros and cons still depend on the individual situation.

Bottom line, I can't outrightly say "Canada is better than the US or Otherwise" because it depends on a lot of things.

I will give you an example, the US labour market generally pays more than the Canadian labour market however things like paid sick days, vacation days, maternity leave are not really engrained in the US labour market it's very employer specific, however in Canada it's a right regardless of your employer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by ourunivibes(m): 10:51am On Mar 19, 2023
lilbro:

I have Lived in both countries, presently residing in the USA! your question is very ambiguous, be precise......what are your concerns list them and i will share my experiences with you and hope that helps you in making a decision!

Okay thanks for coming. I mean as a first timer in terms of survival and settlement.
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by ourunivibes(m): 10:52am On Mar 19, 2023
optimusprime2:
It depends...
It's like asking you which leg do you start with when you are about to walk.

Both countries have their pros and cons and the funny thing is those pros and cons still depend on the individual situation.

Bottom line, I can't outrightly say "Canada is better than the US or Otherwise" because it depends on a lot of things.

I will give you an example, the US labour market generally pays more than the Canadian labour market however things like paid sick days, vacation days, maternity leave are not really engrained in the US labour market it's very employer specific, however in Canada it's a right regardless of your employer.

So in context US pays more as per job aspect.

In terms of residency which is more easier?
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by optimusprime2(m): 11:07am On Mar 19, 2023
ourunivibes:

So in context US pays more as per job aspect.

In terms of residency which is more easier?

As for pay scale between the two countries, it depends, on paper the US is stated as having the higher pay scale and pays more essentially, but certain skill levels and vocations in certain sectors pay more in Canada due to critical demand.
So It depends on your discipline.

As for Residency obviously Canada wins flat out on this regard... This is one of the solid pros Canada has over the US.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by Jahzrockballer(m): 11:37am On Mar 19, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
pardon my ignorance, please what's a TN visa?

1 Like

Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:40am On Mar 19, 2023
Jahzrockballer:

pardon my ignorance, please what's a TN visa?
Work visa for countries under NAFTA. Mexicans and Canadians can work in the USA using the TN visa due to being in the north American free trade agreement

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by Jahzrockballer(m): 12:18pm On Mar 19, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Work visa for countries under NAFTA. Mexicans and Canadians can work in the USA using the TN visa due to being in the north American free trade agreement
Okay thanks 👍
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by ednut1(m): 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
The only realistic way to get residency in USA these days is through marriage. Canada anyday, collect ya citizenship and move later to USA if you wish.

5 Likes

Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by lilbro(m): 1:44am On Mar 20, 2023
ourunivibes:

Okay thanks for coming. I mean as a first timer in terms of survival and settlement.

In terms of survival and settlement for a first timer, Canada is your sure bet.
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by lilbro(m): 1:50am On Mar 20, 2023
ednut1:
The only realistic way to get residency in USA these days is through marriage. Canada anyday, collect ya citizenship and move later to USA if you wish.

The Canadian system is starting to notice their immigrants come in and get their citizenship, then move south. hopefully they don't go back to 5yrs or even more of naturalization to get their citizenship!

This just tells your there's more better opportunities in the south!

3 Likes

Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by horlahsunbo225(m): 2:56am On Mar 20, 2023
ednut1:
Have you heard of NiW?

1 Like

Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by mikeayus(m): 10:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by lastkingsman: 9:05am On Apr 03, 2023
ednut1:

Tensazangetsu20
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:37am On Apr 03, 2023
lastkingsman:

Tensazangetsu20

He's right.
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by Gerrard59(m): 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2023
horlahsunbo225:

Have you heard of NiW?

If na so e easy, all those MIT, Stanford grads with PhD and MBA for no dey complain for LinkedIn na.
Na so one for Twitter wey attend Caltech, Yale and Harvard cried for help. Today, bros in back in Trinidad and Tobago. This dude won an Olympaid during his secondary school days o. Then, na person wey try manage get 2.1 you dey suggest NiW to?

grin
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by lastkingsman: 3:02pm On Apr 03, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

He's right.

I know grin

How person won take find "this love" like this? Lmao
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by horlahsunbo225(m): 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2023
Gerrard59:

If na so e easy, all those MIT, Stanford grads with PhD and MBA for no dey complain for LinkedIn na.
Na so one for Twitter wey attend Caltech, Yale and Harvard cried for help. Today, bros in back in Trinidad and Tobago. This dude won an Olympaid during his secondary school days o. Then, na person wey try manage get 2.1 you dey suggest NiW to?

grin
If you don't know anything just keep mute, I've countless of friends here that filed NiW with just masters and they got it. Going to top school is not a criteria for NiW.
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by ednut1(m): 5:14pm On Apr 03, 2023
Gerrard59:

grin
i no even bother reply, like we are not seeing them on LinkedIn crying.
Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by IotEngineer: 5:44pm On Apr 03, 2023
Canada is dull and unenterprising. USA is fun and full of innovation.

2 Likes

Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by Gerrard59(m): 4:25am On Apr 04, 2023
horlahsunbo225:

If you don't know anything just keep mute, I've countless of friends here that filed NiW with just masters and they got it. Going to top school is not a criteria for NiW.

Everyone has friends who have done these things, but we are looking at the numbers. What he can control is better than the things he cannot. Many would have tried it if it were that easy to get NiW. That is the truth. Regarding elite institutions, my point is: if na so NiW easy, why have these folks with stellar qualifications and publications not done the same rather than crying on LinkedIn? The probability of getting US citizenship via NiW, Marriage and Work sponsorship compared to the Canadian route to citizenship is low. It is easier and faster to become a naturalised Canadian than an American. So the best bet is to accept the Canadian offer, play delayed gratification and move to the US. You win in the long run. He is even better than most of us who still admire the US but are in other countries with nothing like a TN visa. A Nigerian who has a British passport is treated the same as a Swiss. However, Canadian-Nigerian gets preferential treatment, especially in some sectors rife with startups that don't have time for H1B process. Even Indians are now encouraged to apply to Australian universities, get naturalised and apply for E3 visa which gives Aussies preferential access to the American labour market.

Then a Nigerian should now let go of a fully funded offer from a Canadian university when there is a sure pathway to citizenship and preferential access to the US labour market?

Not all Nigerian students get naturalised via NiW (https://www.nairaland.com/7535720/nigerian-students-now-americans-how_, but literally all Nigerian students in Canada have a sure pathway to becoming naturalised citizens. Tumbo-tumbo is not good when there is a sure bet offer in hand.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? by seguno2: 5:33am On Apr 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

Everyone has friends who have done these things, but we are looking at the numbers. What he can control is better than the things he cannot. Many would have tried it if it were that easy to get NiW. That is the truth. Regarding elite institutions, my point is: if na so NiW easy, why have these folks with stellar qualifications and publications not done the same rather than crying on LinkedIn? The probability of getting US citizenship via NiW, Marriage and Work sponsorship compared to the Canadian route to citizenship is low. It is easier and faster to become a naturalised Canadian than an American. So the best bet is to accept the Canadian offer, play delayed gratification and move to the US. You win in the long run. He is even better than most of us who still admire the US but are in other countries with nothing like a TN visa. A Nigerian who has a British passport is treated the same as a Swiss. However, Canadian-Nigerian gets preferential treatment, especially in some sectors rife with startups that don't have time for H1B process. Even Indians are now encouraged to apply to Australian universities, get naturalised and apply for EB1 visa which gives Aussies preferential access to the American labour market.

Then a Nigerian should now let go of a fully funded offer from a Canadian university when there is a sure pathway to citizenship and preferential access to the US labour market?

Not all Nigerian students get naturalised via NiW (https://www.nairaland.com/7535720/nigerian-students-now-americans-how_, but literally all Nigerian students in Canada have a sure pathway to becoming naturalised citizens. Tumbo-tumbo is not good when there is a sure bet offer in hand.

Excellent analysis and advice. Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Singapore / Australian Visit Visa / Get Malaysia Student Visa In Just 5weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.